inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you believe in soulmates?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/08 at 11:51 pm

Do you believe that there is someone in life that is meant to be your soulmate? Do you think that people have more than one soulmate? Do you think that one is predestined to find a specific person that was always meant to be the "one"...their soulmate in life?

Subject: Re: Do you believe in soulmates?

Written By: Tam on 10/31/08 at 11:56 pm

Hmmm... good question Erin!

My Grandmother was full Algonquin Indian, and she believed that there is one soul, only it is split in two when you are born on earth. Then it is your soul's journey to find it's other half for the rest of it's time here.

I believe in soulmates, because I am pretty sure that I have found mine. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/08 at 11:57 pm

Hmmm... good question Erin!

My Grandmother was full Algonquin Indian, and she believed that there is one soul, only it is split in two when you are born on earth. Then it is your soul's journey to find it's other half for the rest of it's time here.

I believe in soulmates, because I am pretty sure that I have found mine. ;)

wow Tam...that is a really beautiful way of putting it...I love that. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/08 at 12:00 am

I think there are different kind of soul mates. I was not put on this planet to be in a relationship with another human being but I found a soul sister in my best friend.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 12:04 am

Do you believe that there is someone in life that is meant to be your soulmate? Do you think that people have more than one soulmate? Do you think that one is predestined to find a specific person that was always meant to be the "one"...their soulmate in life?

Some people subscribe to that .. don't they.   Tv show's like the 'Perfect Match' ... perpetuate the myth. I'm sure it's a 'numbers game' .... that there are HEAPS of people in the world .... that you could meet ... who you'd get along wonderfully with ... and think THAT particular person ... is YOUR 'soulmate'.

It's all a crock. Things like 'WTC' (2001) .... anniversary just gone. What happened to THOSE people's 'destinies' ?  ::) Or did 'God' merely create them as props ... to educate the rest of us in some manner ?    ???

There's no 'destiny' ... although in SOME sense .... people create there own (some do) or contribute to a certain outcome ... but in other situations ... they are totally powerless.

As human beings ... we cannot help but look for 'meaning' / patterns / 'destiny' .... to try to make sense of a world of chaos ... in which we truly live ... but try to make order of.

Written By: mooster on 11/01/08 at 12:07 am

I tend to agree with what Alan said - particularly the last part...

Written By: Tam on 11/01/08 at 12:10 am

Some people subscribe to that .. don't they.   Tv show's like the 'Perfect Match' ... perpetuate the myth. I'm sure it's a 'numbers game' .... that there are HEAPS of people in the world .... that you could meet ... who you'd get along wonderfully with ... and think THAT particular person ... is YOUR 'soulmate'.

It's all a crock. Things like 'WTC' (2001) .... anniversary just gone. What happened to THOSE people's 'destinies' ?   ::) Or did 'God' merely create them as props ... to educate the rest of us in some manner ?    ???

There's no 'destiny' ... although in SOME sense .... people create there own (some do) or contribute to a certain outcome ... but in other situations ... they are totally powerless.

As human beings ... we cannot help but look for 'meaning' / patterns / 'destiny' .... to try to make sense of a world of chaos ... in which we truly live ... but try to make order of.

But if the person involved believes it to be true, then how can we find fault in what they believe?

That is basically what it boils down to right? If one of the ways for someone to make sense of anything in this life is their looking for their soulmate, then I have to give it to them. It wouldn't matter if I didn't believe in soulmates either... because my beliefs and someone else's are two different things.

I find comfort in believing that their are 2 parts of our souls, searching for each other - because it does make sense to me in the effed up world. ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 12:24 am

But if the person involved believes it to be true, then how can we find fault in what they believe?

Who's 'finding fault' ?  ???  If I met a girl  .... and she happened to be into Christ / tooth faires/ rabbit's feet (etc;)  ... 'big time' ... well, if I get along with her big time, I've got no problem with her keeping her 'safety blanket' / comforter.  ;D  Inevitably, I'd have to discuss those kinda things .. . but I'd just have to put it down to her belief system / the way she was raised. Beliefs/ faiths are very stubborn to change ... no matter WHAT evidence comes up to the contrary .... so, it's mostly futile.

That is basically what it boils down to right? If one of the ways for someone to make sense of anything in this life is their looking for their soulmate, then I have to give it to them. It wouldn't matter if I didn't believe in soulmates either... because my beliefs and someone else's are two different things.

Whatever turns them on!  Just cos you BELIEVE something ... it ain't necessarily so ! If it 'works' for them ... good luck !  :)

I find comfort in believing that their are 2 parts of our souls, searching for each other - because it does make sense to me in the effed up world. ;)

We agree ... it IS an 'effed up world' !  8)  ;D

Sex / love ... is a powerful drug .... that comforts MANY of us .... between our march from cradle to grave. We are PROGRAMMED that way.  Trying to 'mystify' it ... making it out to be something much bigger than it IS .... is just ONE of the ways we manage to amuse ourselves .... and 'god'  knows, we need SOME amusement !    ;D

Written By: Davester on 11/01/08 at 12:33 am

Yes, I've had several...

Written By: Tam on 11/01/08 at 12:34 am

Who's 'finding fault' ?   ???   If I met a girl  .... and she happened to be into Christ / tooth faires/ rabbit's feet (etc;)  ... 'big time' ... well, if I get along with her big time, I've got no problem with her keeping her 'safety blanket' / comforter.  ;D  Inevitably, I'd have to discuss those kinda things .. . but I'd just have to put it down to her belief system / the way she was raised. Beliefs/ faiths are very stubborn to change ... no matter WHAT evidence comes up to the contrary .... so, it's mostly futile.

Whatever turns them on!  Just cos you BELIEVE something ... it ain't necessarily so ! If it 'works' for them ... good luck !   :)

We agree ... it IS an 'effed up world' !   8)   ;D

Sex / love ... is a powerful drug .... that comforts MANY of us .... between our march from cradle to grave. We are PROGRAMMED that way.  Trying to 'mystify' it ... making it out to be something much bigger than it IS .... is just ONE of the ways we manage to amuse ourselves .... and 'god'  knows, we need SOME amusement !    ;D

Sorry Alan, I wasn't pointing a finger at you and saying you were finding fault, I was using it as a general term. I apologize for it seeming like that's what I was saying. ;)

As for sex/love - I have never really figured the sex part into the whole soulmate belief. Why? I have no idea. Now I have more to think about lol

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 12:39 am

Sorry Alan, I wasn't pointing a finger at you and saying you were finding fault, I was using it as a general term. I apologize for it seeming like that's what I was saying. ;)

As for sex/love - I have never really figured the sex part into the whole soulmate belief. Why? I have no idea. Now I have more to think about lol

'No worries'. .... and as for that last part, take your time !   ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/01/08 at 7:27 am

I always wanted to have a soulmate,someone who I could share my deepest moments and feelings with.

Written By: ninny on 11/01/08 at 7:38 am

I think you can find your soulmate,it may take you several relationships and lots of tears and broken hearts,but in the end the person for you is out there.I think in some ways you do affect or alter your destiny,sure a lot like death has to due with the big boss upstairs (or whoever you believe in).But alot of decisions you make in life,like the job you get,the people you meet does affect some of your destiny.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/08 at 7:43 am

I think you can find your soulmate,it may take you several relationships and lots of tears and broken hearts,but in the end the person for you is out there.I think in some ways you do affect or alter your destiny,sure a lot like death has to due with the big boss upstairs (or whoever you believe in).But alot of decisions you make in life,like the job you get,the people you meet does affect some of your destiny.

Could that be why I wasn't destined to be with (you know who?) :(

Written By: ninny on 11/01/08 at 8:23 am

Could that be why I wasn't destined to be with (you know who?) :(

It could be. Sometimes you have to look harder for your soulmate,some people meet theirs in elementary school,others may not meet until they are well advanced in age.Maybe someday fate (or destiny) will have her walk into your local subway(or any place you go)and you will start up a conversation with her,then the best  you could end up being destined for each other,the worst is that she was another girl who wasn't meant to be with you.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 8:43 am

some people meet theirs in elementary school,others may not meet until they are well advanced in age.

You meet your 'soulmate' with  5 minutes worth of heartbeats left ... or FINALLY  discover your TRUE path in life .... and then  .. 'bite the dust' !  :-[  :(

:D

Written By: ninny on 11/01/08 at 9:24 am

You meet your 'soulmate' with  5 minutes worth of heartbeats left ... or FINALLY  discover your TRUE path in life .... and then  .. 'bite the dust' !   :-[   :(

If that's how it is meant to be Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

The futures not ours to see,is true,but we can choose to alter it by the choicest we make...even when it comes to finding a soulmate

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 9:43 am

Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

The futures not ours to see,is true,but we can choose to alter it by the choicest we make...even when it comes to finding a soulmate

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/brian/carrying.jpg
"I'm SUPPOSED to sing 'bright side of life' ..... BUT !  ...

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/brian/brightsi.jpg
"Que sera, sera .... whatever will be will be" !     :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/08 at 9:45 am

Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

No Fate. No Fate but what we make...   (The Terminator movies)

Written By: ninny on 11/01/08 at 9:48 am

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/brian/carrying.jpg
"I'm SUPPOSED to sing 'bright side of life' ..... BUT !  ...

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/brian/brightsi.jpg
"Que sera, sera .... whatever will be will be" !     :)

Heck he had the whole rest of his Eternal life to sing "bright side of life" ;)

By the way does that one guy on the cross look like Robin Gibb to you ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 9:55 am

Heck he had the whole rest of his Eternal life to sing "bright side of life" ;)

Now that you mention it .... Eric Idle (on the left) .... DOES kinda look like Robin Gibb!   :o At least he's got a good reason for singing 'How can you mend a broken heart' !    8)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 10:03 am

I guess there's little point in 'Robin' breaking into 'Staying alive' either ?

;D

Written By: ninny on 11/01/08 at 10:20 am

Now that you mention it .... Eric Idle (on the left) .... DOES kinda look like Robin Gibb!   :o At least he's got a good reason for singing 'How can you mend a broken heart' !    8)

I guess there's little point in 'Robin' breaking into 'Staying alive' either ?

;D

He maybe singing 'Immortality' ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 10:30 am

He maybe singing 'Immortality' ;D

Well ... there's no chance he'll be 'Saved by the Bell'.  :(  At least he's not 'Alone'.  They're both facing a 'Tragedy'  :(  .... looks like 'Words' are all they have !  :\'(  I guess they'll soon be bored with 'Too much Heaven' .... their 'Spirits .... having flown' ?    ???    ???

:P

;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/01/08 at 10:42 am

I think everybody does have a soulmate, I would like to think that anyway.  It makes my single self feel better knowing there may be somebody out there looking for me as well. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 11:02 am

I think everybody does have a soulmate, I would like to think that anyway.  It makes my single self feel better knowing there may be somebody out there looking for me as well. :)

I hope you're standing by .... for a possible phone call ?    :)

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7809/highwaysigngl1.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/08 at 11:51 am

This is a good question-and I think the answer lies within your definition of "soul mate".  Before Carlos entered my life, my definition was someone you could communicate with on a non-verbal level-telepathy so to speak. Then Carlos entered my life and that part of my definition didn't play out the way I had always thought. Ok, we do kind of know what the other is thinking-but I think that is only because we know each other so well. There was only 1 time when I did experience that telepathy as I had always thought would be there-but that we before our relationship was as deep as it is today. I had experience that with someone else a long time ago, too (as he had experienced it with his sister). Because of that element of my definition, I have been hesitant to call Carlos my "soul mate" but he most definitely the love of my life, and my best friend and I wouldn't give him up of ANYTHING.   

Cat

Written By: Davester on 11/01/08 at 12:34 pm

Exactly what I was thinking...

Being crucified never looked more fun..!

Written By: adagio on 11/01/08 at 1:49 pm

It's all a crock. Things like 'WTC' (2001) .... anniversary just gone. What happened to THOSE people's 'destinies' ?   ::) Or did 'God' merely create them as props ... to educate the rest of us in some manner ?    ???

Once in a while, Alan, you make PERFECT  sense!!  ;) ;)

8) 8)

Written By: Dagwood on 11/01/08 at 2:06 pm

I hope you're standing by .... for a possible phone call ?    :)

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7809/highwaysigngl1.jpg

;D  I always have my phone with me. 

Written By: adagio on 11/01/08 at 2:17 pm

Then, Alan, you do the double talk thing. ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/01/08 at 2:25 pm

It could be. Sometimes you have to look harder for your soulmate,some people meet theirs in elementary school,others may not meet until they are well advanced in age.Maybe someday fate (or destiny) will have her walk into your local subway(or any place you go)and you will start up a conversation with her,then the best  you could end up being destined for each other,the worst is that she was another girl who wasn't meant to be with you.

Things is Ninny,I was attracted to her because of love of work and money and Her And I had always something to talk about.Did she hate me because of the job I had,the job coach I worked with,the money I made,was it because of the vocational programs or therapy I attended? ???

Written By: snozberries on 11/01/08 at 3:04 pm

Things is Ninny,I was attracted to her because of love of work and money and Her And I had always something to talk about.Did she hate me because of the job I had,the job coach I worked with,the money I made,was it because of the vocational programs or therapy I attended? ???

Howard anyone who "falls in love" because of someone's job is not really in love. you love a person not the job they do or the money they make.

Written By: ninny on 11/01/08 at 4:05 pm

Howard anyone who "falls in love" because of someone's job is not really in love. you love a person not the job they do or the money they make.

So true if she left you because of the things you mentioned,then she never really cared for you. If you love someone you love them for who they are,not who you want them to be. :)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 5:42 pm

Then, Alan, you do the double talk thing. ::)

???

What you talking about Belle ? Just coz I appear to play along ?  ???

Ain't no 'double talk from ME !'  I NEVER do that !  >:(

8)

8)

;D

;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 5:51 pm

I just KNEW .... when Howard made his initial foray into this thread ..... that at SOME point .... he would use it as a forum  to start going back over YOU KNOW WHO   .......... YET AGAIN !   ::)

Well ..... no pity from me Howie   >:(  ;) ... in fact ... I've got some  nice little smilies (ALL my own work *cough* )  to dedicate to  you !

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gifhttp://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif

^

Well THEY are sort of cute, aren't they !   ???   :P

;D

Written By: adagio on 11/01/08 at 6:54 pm

???

What you talking about Belle ? Just coz I appear to play along ?  ???

8)

8)

;D

;D

No?  ;D  ok, then. ::)

;)

Written By: adagio on 11/01/08 at 6:56 pm

This computer is going crazy...did you look at it funny? ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/01/08 at 8:37 pm

I do. :)  :-* ;)

Seriously though - when it comes to most of us, I think there's lots of people where if you met and got to know each other in the right setting, you could get really close with them. Either as friends or romantically or at least having fun. Having said that, I think also intentionally or not, when you get to know someone really special, you can't help but compare everyone else with them. Once a noticeable life change happens, you can't really "go back".

Also I don't think the same rules go for everyone (i.e. having things in common or not), it just depends on the person. Like having some differences can make things interesting or can expand each others' minds and thinking a bit (of course, if things are TOO different or samey, that's not always good either).

Paula is right in a way ("Opposites Attract"). ;) It's all about connecting and having fun and loving each other, that's what matters most. I've also heard somebody once say that you know you're really in love when it hurts to be away from the person, and I totally agree with that.

Written By: whistledog on 11/01/08 at 8:43 pm

I believe in solemates

http://www.estatevaults.com/bol/images/%20%20tropical%20kissing%20fish.jpg

http://eclectech.co.uk/b3ta/2footface.jpg

Written By: Howard on 11/01/08 at 10:56 pm

That's what she thought,She always told me to save my money but how could I when I needed to spend it most of the times? It's impossible to save thousands of dollars in my envelope. ::) >:(
She wanted me to save my money so Her And I could work on an apartment and something about rent.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/08 at 10:58 pm

So true if she left you because of the things you mentioned,then she never really cared for you. If you love someone you love them for who they are,not who you want them to be. :)

and not for what's in your wallet or bank account,stupid golddigger! >:(

Written By: Davester on 11/01/08 at 11:02 pm

I believe in solemates

http://www.estatevaults.com/bol/images/%20%20tropical%20kissing%20fish.jpg

I like my solemate pan cooked with lemon juice, paprika, sprinkled with parsley and served with sautéed mushrooms...

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/01/08 at 11:15 pm

stupid golddigger! >:(

No offense, but the insult, exclamation point and an upset smiley comes off like a little kid stamping his feet and throwing a temper tantrum.

Just to try and help you out, I'll say this very simply....

I can relate and I know how it feels to be disappointed when people treat you a certain way or when something goes wrong. That sucks, I hear ya and I understand, but...

it doesn't mean everyone is being intentionally mean or going against you just because they turn you down on a date or because you have to work late or the weather is bad.

Things like that are disappointments, but it's not fair to lash out and call some girl (or anyone) a name just because things don't go your way.

All I'm suggesting is that you take things more easygoing.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 11:39 pm

No offense, but the insult, exclamation point and an upset smiley comes off like a little kid stamping his feet and throwing a temper tantrum.

Be careful what you say, fella !  >:(

Haven't you read what it says under his avatar ?  ???

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/image.php?u=15557&dateline=1185831368

Mature Grown-Up   
                                      8)

It MUST be so !  :-X

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/01/08 at 11:50 pm

^ That tagline is irony in its purest form.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/01/08 at 11:54 pm

^ That tagline is irony in its purest form.

Uhm ....  :-X  'no comment' ?      ???    :D    ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/02/08 at 1:57 am

I don't believe in that concept. I love Lady Di and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual, but I don't consider us soulmates. I have had friends declare that we were meant to meet and that's kind of a special feeling. We have a closeness and a unique connection that we don't have with others & that's cool enough for me. I don't think that there is just one single person in our life that we are destined to meet.  We can be very much in love with someone and if we breakup or lose one another, perhaps later we can meet another person that we love just as much or more. another thing regarding close friendships, in my life, every so often, it seems like there are friends that I make that are close. maybe we've gone thru something extraordinary together or shared an experience that no one else can be a part of and that creates a bond of friendship. I think some people would agree that once in awhile, friendships like that happen right here at inthe00s  8)

Written By: Gis on 11/02/08 at 4:11 am

I don't believe in that concept. I love Lady Di and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual, but I don't consider us soulmates. I have had friends declare that we were meant to meet and that's kind of a special feeling. We have a closeness and a unique connection that we don't have with others & that's cool enough for me. I don't think that there is just one single person in our life that we are destined to meet.  We can be very much in love with someone and if we breakup or lose one another, perhaps later we can meet another person that we love just as much or more. another thing regarding close friendships, in my life, every so often, it seems like there are friends that I make that are close. maybe we've gone thru something extraordinary together or shared an experience that no one else can be a part of and that creates a bond of friendship. I think some people would agree that once in awhile, friendships like that happen right here at inthe00s  8)
I 'm not completely sure I believe in soulmates but I don't think your soulmate has to be your love interest. Why can't they be a very dear friend or relative you have a total connention with?

Written By: Howard on 11/02/08 at 5:49 am

Just to try and help you out, I'll say this very simply....

I can relate and I know how it feels to be disappointed when people treat you a certain way or when something goes wrong. That sucks, I hear ya and I understand, but...

it doesn't mean everyone is being intentionally mean or going against you just because they turn you down on a date or because you have to work late or the weather is bad.

Things like that are disappointments, but it's not fair to lash out and call some girl (or anyone) a name just because things don't go your way.

All I'm suggesting is that you take things more easygoing.

I'm sorry Marty,that's just the way I felt. :(

Written By: ninny on 11/02/08 at 7:22 am

I 'm not completely sure I believe in soulmates but I don't think your soulmate has to be your love interest. Why can't they be a very dear friend or relative you have a total connention with?

This is true,it can be anyone that you have a connection to that you feel deep inside.Like someone who you can laugh and cry with,someone who can finish your sentence for you.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/02/08 at 7:43 am

Like someone who you can laugh and cry with,someone who can finish your sentence for you.

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2007/11/34869/400_ojsimpson_trial_071109_jsullivan_77819266.jpg
Well ninny, I ain't doing much laughing ... anymore ... but I DO reckon YOU can be my 'soulmate'

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/O.J.Simpson.jpg

and finish my 'sentence' ..... FOR  me !     8)

;D

Written By: ninny on 11/02/08 at 8:54 am

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2007/11/34869/400_ojsimpson_trial_071109_jsullivan_77819266.jpg
Well ninny, I ain't doing much laughing ... anymore ... but I DO reckon YOU can be my 'soulmate'

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/O.J.Simpson.jpg

and finish my 'sentence' ..... FOR  me !     8)

;D

C*AP I guess there will be no time off for good behavior :D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/02/08 at 9:01 am

C*AP I guess there will be no time off for good behavior :D

It COULD be worse. You're only his SOULmate ........... not his CELLmate !                   :D

I guess as long as the internet's in your cell .... you can connect to this site /arcade ... you'll hardly notice the difference ?    ???

;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/08 at 10:29 am

That's what she thought,She always told me to save my money but how could I when I needed to spend it most of the times? It's impossible to save thousands of dollars in my envelope. ::) >:(
She wanted me to save my money so Her And I could work on an apartment and something about rent.

and not for what's in your wallet or bank account,stupid golddigger! >:(

Sorry Howard- but suddenly she sounds quite reasonable

I mean she wanted to get an apartment with you so that means she was planning for a future with you... so you're the one who blew it.

If she was asking you to save your money so you could buy her jewelry, or a car or a mink coat....then she'd be a gold digger.

Sounds to me like she just wanted to be sure she was in a secure and stable relationship and you were not able to see that...

She was working and saving her money? Sounds like she wanted you to do the same so you could be equal partners.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/08 at 5:19 pm

She was working and saving her money? Sounds like she wanted you to do the same so you could be equal partners.

She has a job that pays 20,000 a year so that equals to $400 a month compared to me making 400 a year.
She was the one who blew it,why she choose a guy from the internet over me? ???

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/08 at 6:12 pm

She has a job that pays 20,000 a year so that equals to $400 a month compared to me making 400 a year.

so she can't be a gold digger because she made more money.

what she wanted was security and if you were not thinking about the future (saving whatever you can- even if it's just a little bit) or getting a second job or one that pays more then there is no chance at security.

were you expecting her to pay for everything if you moved in together? If so then it sounds like you were the gold digger Howard-

Just my opinion.

Written By: Trimac20 on 11/02/08 at 7:41 pm

I think you have many potential soulmates, like just someone who compliments you perfectly, but I don't really believe you have one you're pre-destined to find and be with. So maybe, out of 100 people 1 might be 'soul-mate material'. That's just my opinion.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/02/08 at 8:08 pm

The math is not working here ???  Your making $400 a year and you are thinking she is a gold digger??  With her making 50 times as much as you in a year, were you wanting a sugar mama ;) ;) ;)  Maybe your figures are off ($400/month = $4800/year    ;  $400/year = less than $10 /week)

Subject: Re: Let's talk about you know whose 'ex' (don't mention THAT name ! ) .

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/02/08 at 8:46 pm

As I said a few pages back ... 'I knew it !' .........  :-X

I've got nothing against 'hi-jacking' threads ..... heck I do it ALL  the time !  8)  :D  Going 'off topic' ... enjoying the banter .. for page, after page .. I just love it ... and long may it continue ! But let's face it ... this topic should now be renamed .... maybe the above is appropriate ?

???    ???

;D

Written By: Step-chan on 11/02/08 at 8:51 pm

I know someone who used to date Candlejack. It's was so insa

Okay, that was a really stupid joke I just did.

Subject: Re: Let's talk about you know whose 'ex' (don't mention THAT name ! ) .

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/08 at 9:09 pm

As I said a few pages back ... 'I knew it !' .........   :-X

I've got nothing against 'hi-jacking' threads ..... heck I do it ALL  the time !  8)  :D   Going 'off topic' ... enjoying the banter .. for page, after page .. I just love it ... and long may it continue ! But let's face it ... this topic should now be renamed .... maybe the above is appropriate ?

???    ???

;D

technically we're trying to determine if she who shall not be named was a soulmate or a gold digger...so we're still on topic.

I'm just trying to figure out why I let you know who drag me into a never ending discussion about she who shall not be named... I totally know better but I go there EVERY FRICKIN' TIME!  >:(

Whew I feel better.  ;D

edited to add.... we were closer on topic than you and your OJ as your cellmate post  :P

Written By: snozberries on 11/02/08 at 9:09 pm

I know someone who used to date Candlejack. It's was so insa

Okay, that was a really stupid joke I just did.

yeah I didn't get it...

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/02/08 at 9:48 pm

edited to add.... we were closer on topic than you and your OJ as your cellmate post  :P

and you know I don't REALLY give a 'sh**' ... if Howard wants to turn this into a discussion about 'you know who' . If he, or anyone else wants to say anything .... ANYTHING they like ... go for it ! (But preferably .... crack bad jokes!  8)  :D  ;D ) .

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/03/08 at 6:50 am

so she can't be a gold digger because she made more money.

what she wanted was security and if you were not thinking about the future (saving whatever you can- even if it's just a little bit) or getting a second job or one that pays more then there is no chance at security.

were you expecting her to pay for everything if you moved in together? If so then it sounds like you were the gold digger Howard-

Just my opinion.

But I have a job but a few years ago when I lost my job at Au Bon Pain(if you remember that post I made 2 years ago) she broke up with me in October 2006 but 6 months later we got back together again for the next 10 months till that the official end,that girl played too many mind games with me but I don't want to get into any of them at this time.

And I was going to pay my fair share of the rent if we had moved in together.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/08 at 6:51 am

The math is not working here ???  Your making $400 a year and you are thinking she is a gold digger??  With her making 50 times as much as you in a year, were you wanting a sugar mama ;) ;) ;)  Maybe your figures are off ($400/month = $4800/year    ;  $400/year = less than $10 /week)

Maybe I was off a bit,I get paid between 8 and 9 dollars an hour.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/03/08 at 6:59 am

Bad joke time ... we desperately need a bad joke ...... ANYTHING but ^ and ^^ !  (AGGGGGGGGGH !  :-X  :(  :\'(  ) .

I know!  This one's hilarious !

http://www.matts-mods.com/Files/81e8zms.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/03/08 at 7:02 am

Bad joke time ... we desperately need a bad joke ...... ANYTHING but ^ and ^^ !  (AGGGGGGGGGH !   :-X   :(   :\'(  ) .

That's not funny. ::)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/03/08 at 7:05 am

That's not funny. ::)

Compared to the 2 posts before .... ANYTHING is funny !   8)

;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/03/08 at 9:10 am

Bad joke time ... we desperately need a bad joke ...... ANYTHING but ^ and ^^ !  (AGGGGGGGGGH !   :-X   :(   :\'(  ) .

hhaahaha....that dog's face is so hilarious! ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/03/08 at 9:38 am

hhaahaha....that dog's face is so hilarious! ;D

Agreed .... and ... the whole thing is SO dumb ... it's actually funny !    ;D

Here's another one I came across ...  not so much funny ... but amusing /clever. However this one is for ADULTS only.  Below .... expect to see a number of .... uhm ... people (soulmates ? )  ... FORNICATING !  ???   :o Yes .... that's right !  The things I do/ risks I take .... of getting banned for life .... to try to AMUSE you people !  ::)   ;D

Unless you've got a good broadband speed .... this one might take a minute or so to see in it's glory .... but it's worth it ?  :-\\

'Maestro .... take it away' !   8) 

http://www.matts-mods.com/Files/fornication.gif

???  ::)

;D

Written By: ninny on 11/03/08 at 9:55 am

Here's another one I came across ...  not so much funny ... but amusing /clever. However this one is for ADULTS only.  Below .... expect to see a number of .... uhm ... people (soulmates ? )  ... FORNICATING !  ???   :o Yes .... that's right !  The things I do/ risks I take .... of getting banned for life .... to try to AMUSE you people !  ::)   ;D

Unless you've got a good broadband speed .... this one might take a minute or so to see in it's glory .... but it's worth it ?  :-\\

;D

I apparently need to learn some more notes ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 11/03/08 at 11:08 am

I always thought that was bs until i found mine. Now i'm certain soulmates do exist, that one person who just understands you and loves you because they are the other part of you. It's like the song you're one but not the same,you know?
It makes me sad that not everyone gets the chance to meet their soulmate but they are outhere,if you're lucky they can be your workmate or your brothers best friend, but if you are really really lucky it can be that person who lives miles and miles away from you, who dreams in other language, who wakes up to a different timezone and despite all that you still had a chance to meet. When you find your soulmate you'll know it...you'll return to your childhood years when everything was possible and life just made sense. You'll be truly happy.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/03/08 at 6:30 pm

Here's another one I came across ...  not so much funny ... but amusing /clever. However this one is for ADULTS only.  Below .... expect to see a number of .... uhm ... people (soulmates ? )  ... FORNICATING !  ???  :o Yes .... that's right !  The things I do/ risks I take .... of getting banned for life .... to try to AMUSE you people !  ::)  ;D

'Maestro .... take it away' !  8) 

;D
Now that is funny :D :D :D

Written By: Howard on 11/03/08 at 6:54 pm

;D

But what are they in the key of?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/03/08 at 7:36 pm

But what are they in the key of?

and which one is 'Sir Billzy' .. and     ...... (?)  ??? ... 'uhm' ....  :-X  No !   I WON'T say it !      :)

Slight clue: There are 6 dots there !  ^    8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/03/08 at 7:39 pm

and which one is 'Sir Billzy' .. and    ...... (?)  ??? ... 'uhm' ....  :-X  No !  I WON'T say it !      :)

May I have an H?

May I buy a vowel?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/03/08 at 7:43 pm

May I have an H?

May I buy a vowel?

I suspect you could be on to this ! Did you have an 'O' an 'A' .... or BOTH in mind ?

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/03/08 at 7:45 pm

I suspect you could be on to this ! Did you have an 'O' an 'A' .... or BOTH in mind ?

I take both......

Now can you tell me what I won (or maybe it is "he" who has one) ;D ;D ;D ;D

We Love you Howie............ :D

Written By: Davester on 11/03/08 at 7:49 pm

A soulmate is a person with whom you share something in common, right..?

What say you, then, about the adage "opposites attract"..?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/03/08 at 8:26 pm

A soulmate is a person with whom you share something in common, right..?

What say you, then, about the adage "opposites attract"..?

http://www.teachersource.com/Images/Product/md/bk860.jpg

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/images/02/15/art.mcobama.gi.jpg
Barack ... yes we're on opposite sides ..

But gee, you've got a cute ass !  http://forum.pc-freakz.com/style_emoticons/default/romantic.gif

When this is all done and dusted ........  :-X (and DON'T let our wives found out !) .  :-X

Written By: Davester on 11/03/08 at 8:27 pm

D-a-a-a-ng...can you imagine what their kid would look like..?

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/03/08 at 8:30 pm

Yes ... there was / IS a case ... of a recently reported pregnant 'man'. I don't believe either of these have the ovaries though. Still .... it WOULD be interesting !

Written By: Davester on 11/03/08 at 8:38 pm

Yes ... there was / IS a case ... of a recently reported pregnant 'man'. I don't believe either of these have the ovaries though. Still .... it WOULD be interesting !

Remember Rabbit Test (1978)..?

Written By: ninny on 11/03/08 at 8:54 pm

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o67/merta214/baby-bathcartoonpoop.gif

Written By: gibbo on 11/04/08 at 6:33 am

technically we're trying to determine if she who shall not be named was a soulmate or a gold digger...so we're still on topic.

I'm just trying to figure out why I let you know who drag me into a never ending discussion about she who shall not be named... I totally know better but I go there EVERY FRICKIN' TIME!  >:(

Whew I feel better.  ;D

Q..it's all part of being simple!  Oh...and elegant!!  :P

Written By: gibbo on 11/04/08 at 6:38 am

;D

I love it when music cums comes alive ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/04/08 at 6:48 am

and which one is 'Sir Billzy' .. and     ...... (?)  ??? ... 'uhm' ....  :-X   No !   I WON'T say it !      :)

I don't know where the 6 dots are. ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/04/08 at 6:49 am

We Love you Howie............

But not in THAT way. :o

Written By: gibbo on 11/04/08 at 6:50 am

I don't know where the 6 dots are. ;D

They'd be right before the question mark in that post!

Written By: Howard on 11/04/08 at 6:57 am

They all look the same.

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/04/08 at 7:03 am

It's alright gibbo .... I'm sure Howard is totally bamboozled by the whole thing !

Written By: Howard on 11/04/08 at 7:16 am

It's alright gibbo .... I'm sure Howard is totally bamboozled by the whole thing !

I just don't know which note is which. ;D

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/04/08 at 7:19 am

I just don't know which note is which. ;D

Ok .... I'll let the cat out of the bag ... I'm just wondering which one's YOU .... with 'Sir Billzy' !  :D

Written By: Howard on 11/04/08 at 7:20 am

Ok .... I'll let the cat out of the bag ... I'm just wondering which one's YOU .... with 'Sir Billzy' !   :D

I don't know,they all look like "phucking" notes. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/08 at 12:49 pm

I love it when music cums comes alive ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/04/08 at 2:38 pm

I always wanted a soulmate but maybe I was trying much too hard over the years to find one but needed to work on myself first,which is a priority of mine.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/08 at 4:17 pm

I always wanted a soulmate but maybe I was trying much too hard over the years to find one but needed to work on myself first,which is a priority of mine.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/reni1950_photo/bravo.gif

Written By: gibbo on 11/05/08 at 12:55 am

I'd settle for just having a soul.......mate! ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/05/08 at 5:54 am

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/reni1950_photo/bravo.gif

I always forget about me and worry about the other person. :(

Written By: greenjello74 on 11/06/08 at 10:54 pm

I believe in soulmates, although sometimes it doesn't work out, you always feel the connection. Mine died 5 years ago. Were were together for 12 years. And also divorced. But i felt like a big piece of me died with him. Before drugs and booze killed him, he really was the other part of me. Since his death I feel like part of me is missing.

Written By: Davester on 11/06/08 at 10:56 pm

I'd settle for just having a soul.......mate! ;)

;D

Written By: Howard on 11/07/08 at 6:42 am

I believe you can find your soulmate,she or he is out there.  ;)

Written By: Green Lantern on 11/07/08 at 6:45 am

I believe you can find your soulmate,she or he is out there.  ;)

Shame Frank Cannon .... and Magnum P.I. aren't about ... I suspect they could assist ?      ???    ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/07/08 at 6:50 am

Shame Frank Cannon .... and Magnum P.I. aren't about ... I suspect they could assist ?      ???    ;D

or a detective.

Written By: Tia on 11/21/08 at 11:16 am

http://www.cardork.com/fun/board/stayOnTarget.jpg

Written By: ninny on 11/21/08 at 11:46 am

http://www.cardork.com/fun/board/stayOnTarget.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/srewolf87/back-to-the-future-2339.jpg
They could be soulmates

Written By: Tia on 11/21/08 at 11:48 am

Remember Rabbit Test (1978)..?
i remember rabbit test! it came out when i was, like, 8 or 9, and i loved rabbits just like i loved all cute critters, so i really wanted to see it but mom and dad were like, um, i'm not sure you'd get much out of it, mikey. and i was like, but it has rabbits! rabbits, mommy!

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/08 at 4:30 pm

i remember rabbit test! it came out when i was, like, 8 or 9, and i loved rabbits just like i loved all cute critters, so i really wanted to see it but mom and dad were like, um, i'm not sure you'd get much out of it, mikey. and i was like, but it has rabbits! rabbits, mommy!

as long as we're off topic.

I remember the first time (and only time) I ate rabbit.

My mom didn't tell me what it was she just put the plate in front of me and I ate. Unfortunately for her she was having a dinner party and I was 7. I finished first and said "that was good" my mom, thinking since I enjoyed my meal it was safe to divulge the contents told me I had just eaten rabbit... I started to cry "Rabbit? An itty bitty wabbit like Th-th-thumper?"  WAAAA AAAAA 

yeah no one finished their dinner after that.

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/10 at 7:52 am

I love bumping old threads and seeing where it goes.  8)

I do believe there is such a thing as soul mates but they are very rare to find.  When you do find a soul mate, no one can modify or break that close bond once it's forged.  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/09/10 at 10:40 pm

I believe there are people out there that "get us" in ways that no one else ever will.  But I don't think that it's on a one to one ratio.  I have a lot of people in my life that I consider soul mates, and not on any sort of romantic level either.  These are just people that have shared in my life's joys and pain, and who care enough to look deeply into my soul to see what's really in there.  And I do the same for them. 

Written By: gibbo on 02/09/10 at 10:47 pm

I believe there are people out there that "get us" in ways that no one else ever will.   But I don't think that it's on a one to one ratio.  I have a lot of people in my life that I consider soul mates, and not on any sort of romantic level either.  These are just people that have shared in my life's joys and pain, and who care enough to look deeply into my soul to see what's really in there.  And I do the same for them. 

Actually..those people are called police...and they then put us with cell mates (as opposed to soul mates).  :D

Written By: Bobby on 02/10/10 at 12:48 pm

I believe there are people out there that "get us" in ways that no one else ever will.  But I don't think that it's on a one to one ratio.  I have a lot of people in my life that I consider soul mates, and not on any sort of romantic level either.  These are just people that have shared in my life's joys and pain, and who care enough to look deeply into my soul to see what's really in there.  And I do the same for them. 

That's an interesting take on things, Ash.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/10/10 at 4:31 pm

Actually..those people are called police...and they then put us with cell mates (as opposed to soul mates).  :D

I think that's just you gibbo...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/28/10 at 11:51 pm

If there is a man out there that can understand my infatuation with Michael Jackson, James Stewart, Cary Grant, George Brent, my love of all things victorian and 1980s, and my passion for collecting cobbage patch kids dolls, he should be given a Congressional Medal of Honor.  ;D

Not to mention my liking of silent films even though most of the stars were dead before I was even born!

Written By: topforty on 03/27/10 at 8:00 pm

I believe in soulmates.  I met and lost mine in a manner of 153 days, she being taken away from me by a drunk driver.  It's been 22 years and I still feel this huge void in my life with her not being part of it.  There have been a few others that have come along in that time and they have made me feel, excited, alive, happy, but nobody has held that special connection and the relationships end.

Fate has played some horribly cruel tricks on me in my life, but this woman being taken away from me so suddenly has to be the cruelest trick of all.  For years I blamed myself for her being in the path of that drunk driver at that particular moment.  If I hadn't met her, she'd probably be alive today, and by rights I shouldn't have met her, but I did and the world lost a beautiful shining light in the early morning hours of February 7th, 1988.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/27/10 at 8:25 pm

I am so sorry to hear that, topforty.  {{hugs}}

Written By: nupur on 03/27/10 at 9:59 pm

topforty, your story really moved me. Life works in strange ways and I don't think it'll ever be figured out. Your soulmate clearly left a big impression upon you, despite the short time you had together. I can't even fathom how crushing a loss that must have been for you; I do hope time has healed those guilt-producing wounds.

Whether or not one believes in fate, or that two people are destined to be together, I think it's clear that there are certain people with whom we are able to connect more deeply than others. I can understand how much more difficult it is to develop new relationships once you've gotten a taste of what seems like the most perfect relationship. I have never been in love, but I do have a few friends who I think of very dearly. One friend I have known and grown up with since we were three years old, one can make me laugh without even saying a word, and the third I can talk to for hours and hours with zero awkward silences and without ever getting bored.  I would consider these girls to be more than just my three best friends (it's okay to have more than one best friend, you know!). I have never thought of them before as my soulmates, but now it seems like the perfect term for them. Like Ash wrote, I think it's definitely feasible that soulmates can be people who just "get us" and are not connected to us romantically or in a 1:1 ratio. I have never been one to have large groups of friends, and I partially attribute this to the fact that I really only need those few close friends that I know I can trust. Everyone else is more like an "acquaintance."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/28/10 at 11:53 am

I believe in soulmates.  I met and lost mine in a manner of 153 days, she being taken away from me by a drunk driver.  It's been 22 years and I still feel this huge void in my life with her not being part of it.  There have been a few others that have come along in that time and they have made me feel, excited, alive, happy, but nobody has held that special connection and the relationships end.

Fate has played some horribly cruel tricks on me in my life, but this woman being taken away from me so suddenly has to be the cruelest trick of all.  For years I blamed myself for her being in the path of that drunk driver at that particular moment.  If I hadn't met her, she'd probably be alive today, and by rights I shouldn't have met her, but I did and the world lost a beautiful shining light in the early morning hours of February 7th, 1988.

I am so sorry.

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: topforty on 03/29/10 at 10:57 am

Thank you folks for your compassion.

All this occured a long time ago, and when it did happen, I thought I'd never get through it.  The first couple of years, I was a total wreck.  I somehow managed to function, I took things one day at a time, sometimes liteally an hour at a time.  I did have a strong support system in some good friends, and I know I tried their patience to no end.  They knew when I wanted to talk, and when I wanted to be left alone, they never pushed any kind of agenda on me.

Then one day out of the blue, I received a package from "M's" mom.  I hadn't seen her since the funeral, two years earlier, I really didn't know what I would say to her.  "M's" mom had tracked me down through my hometown to where I was living at the time. The package was a journal that "M" had kept, the contents in it were of those months she knew me.  There was this beautiful touching letter from her mom along with the diary.

It took me a long time to open that journal, I thought there is no way I could see her handwriting and read her words, both that had become so familiar to me, but eventually I did read those pages. I won't get into specifics in what was in that notebook, to this day those are only for me to know, but most of what was written in the diary, I already knew. 

It dawned on me after I did read the diary, that even though "M" and I were only together those few short months, we didn't leave anything unsaid between us.  She was certain for her love for me and she knew too that I was also certain of my love for her.

That diary went a long way into helping me get back to functioning like a normal person, or what I guess the new normal would become for me.  There are still some things that when I see or hear them, they put me in a funk because it reminds me of "M", I guess it depends on my mood when they happen. But there are a whole lot of other things too, that I can't help smile when they happen knowing that "M" loved certain things and if she were here to see or hear them with me she'd be smiling too and maybe give me a little hug or wink, with no words being exchanged, just letting the moment be.

But anyway thanks again folks, kind of went off topic on the whole soulmate thing with my story.  But I have to say,  people who scoff at the idea of soulmates, probably never had the pleasure of the experience.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/10 at 11:35 am

All this occured a long time ago, and when it did happen, I thought I'd never get through it.  The first couple of years, I was a total wreck.  I somehow managed to function, I took things one day at a time, sometimes liteally an hour at a time.  I did have a strong support system in some good friends, and I know I tried their patience to no end.  They knew when I wanted to talk, and when I wanted to be left alone, they never pushed any kind of agenda on me.

Then one day out of the blue, I received a package from "M's" mom.  I hadn't seen her since the funeral, two years earlier, I really didn't know what I would say to her.  "M's" mom had tracked me down through my hometown to where I was living at the time. The package was a journal that "M" had kept, the contents in it were of those months she knew me.  There was this beautiful touching letter from her mom along with the diary.

It took me a long time to open that journal, I thought there is no way I could see her handwriting and read her words, both that had become so familiar to me, but eventually I did read those pages. I won't get into specifics in what was in that notebook, to this day those are only for me to know, but most of what was written in the diary, I already knew. 

It dawned on me after I did read the diary, that even though "M" and I were only together those few short months, we didn't leave anything unsaid between us.  She was certain for her love for me and she knew too that I was also certain of my love for her.

That diary went a long way into helping me get back to functioning like a normal person, or what I guess the new normal would become for me.  There are still some things that when I see or hear them, they put me in a funk because it reminds me of "M", I guess it depends on my mood when they happen. But there are a whole lot of other things too, that I can't help smile when they happen knowing that "M" loved certain things and if she were here to see or hear them with me she'd be smiling too and maybe give me a little hug or wink, with no words being exchanged, just letting the moment be.

But anyway thanks again folks, kind of went off topic on the whole soulmate thing with my story.  But I have to say,  people who scoff at the idea of soulmates, probably never had the pleasure of the experience.

I don't think you went off topic at all. I think you are right on topic. Again, I am so sorry for your loss but I do want to thank you for sharing. I know you are fairly new here but I think you will find that there are a lot of great people here and I can speak from personal experience, a great support network when life happens.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/10 at 2:24 pm

Thank you for sharing this with us.  What an incredible relationship the two of you must have had - I am truly envious, and so sorry that she was taken from you.  It sounds like what the two of you had was really beautiful. 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/20/10 at 11:52 am

I don't think I ever got to chime in on this topic. I think the term "Soul Mate" has evolved over time for me. I know I have been with certain people in my life where they were meant to be there for a reason and vice versa. Soul Mates don't always have to be lovers. They can be your best friend, too. Someone who just really knows you and in a sense, can really read your mind at times. Yet, I think we often put the Soul Mate thing on a pedastal and think if we find that person, they're going to be flawless. Yet, that is so further from the truth.

My boyfriend and I, I believe, are soul mates, ONLY because we have been able to (at least in this lifetime) hang onto our love. If anyone might possibly think of reincarnation (it's such a romantic idea, lol) that at one point in a past life, we met this person, but maybe it wasn't the right time, so after each reincarnation, we keep remeeting with this familiar person, yet different to us in our new lifetime and have to overcome our hurdles and finally make it as true soul mates. I think that is the true definition of a soul mate, if you believe reincarnation does happen (I am one NOT to say it doesn't exist because how do we NOT know? Maybe there are just too many darned people up in heaven, so we have to get recycled, lol)

Anyway, with reincarnation set aside, a soul mate is likely someone you meet right outside your front door and never even knew you had a special connection. A soul mate is really a person who came to you in such an unexpectant way that you never saw it coming.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/10 at 3:57 pm

Yes, I earnestly do.

Besides, if I said "no," everybody would think I was a heartless, cynical a-hole!
8)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/08/10 at 6:53 pm

I believe in destiny, but I also believe there is some flex room.

For example let's say God sets you up at Place A where you start and he tells you your destiny is to get to Place B.

No matter what you're gonna get to Place B, but I think you get to choose HOW you get there, just not WHERE you go.

Same thing with love.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/08/10 at 6:54 pm

I believe there's someone out there for you. :)

Written By: gibbo on 08/08/10 at 7:39 pm

I believe there's someone out there for you. :)

Yes...there is a stalker for everyone... :)

Written By: Howard on 08/09/10 at 6:48 am

Yes...there is a stalker for everyone... :)

I wasn't referring to stalkers. ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...