inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Say something nice about members here.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/10/08 at 8:52 pm

I know there's been a few of these before, but what the heck? Since I went a bit overboard recently in getting ticked off at certain things, just thought I'd do a positive thread. :) I'll try to get everyone in alphabetical order as much as possible, if I forget I'll repost those people later.

AL-B - Seems like he'd be a cool guy to hang out with, joking and talking about casual stuff. His knowledge of cars is neat, and I actually remember one of his posts WAY back was what actually got me to join the board (I think it was to the effect of how he was an '80s teen but liked alot of classic rock and '60s music at the time).

Audrey (audkal) - Great gal who'se gotten to be one of my best friends on here. Always fun/interesting to talk with, and we both have alot in common (i.e. we're both quite old-school and nostalgic for our ages and share alot of the same opinions).

Badfinger fan - Fellow Bay Area guy, friendly and pretty cool to talk with or like the type you'd go get pizza and a beer with (even though I rarely drink, lol).

Brian - Cool, fun dude I talk to quite a bit - another one of the guys I've been friends with for awhile.

Coqueta83 - Cool gal to talk '80s/growing up/music stuff with, seems pretty nice.

Krissy (Hotstuff) - One of the people I bonded with since back in the day, like an unoffical sister.

Maxwellsmart - Funny and witty guy, bright as hell and it's neat to talk politics, society and pop culture with him.

Odyssey - Another one I talked with alot back in the day - she seemed cool and we always found stuff to discuss - both from the Bay Area too.

Tam - I'm not just saying this 'cause she's a mod, but....someone I always like hearing from. Seems pretty friendly and fun. Even when I find myself disagreeing with you, you bring up good points and seem open minded.

TV - Cool guy to talk about music and pop culture with. He likes alot of '00s music, which doesn't seem as common around here.

Subject: Re: Say something nice about members here.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/26/08 at 4:40 pm

You missed quite quite a few people.  Should we be jealous or grateful?

Written By: woops on 12/26/08 at 8:48 pm

Those who  respects others regards of their taste in music, film, etc. and doesn't make assumptions.

Written By: midnite on 01/12/09 at 7:47 pm

Can we say something nice about ourselves?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/09 at 7:17 pm

I like all of you.  I mean that.  The members I have not liked all got banned because nobody else could stand them either.  I might robustly disagree sometimes, but that doesn't change my opinion that everyone here is basically decent. 

Heck, otherwise I wouldn't come back so often!
:)

Written By: nally on 01/13/09 at 11:14 pm

I know there's been a few of these before, but what the heck? Since I went a bit overboard recently in getting ticked off at certain things, just thought I'd do a positive thread. :) I'll try to get everyone in alphabetical order as much as possible, if I forget I'll repost those people later.

Yeah I think there was one before, but it got buried somewhere in the PPP.

Let's see...who should I start with?

Marty Mcfly...seems like a real good guy with lots of pleasant things to say about other members! ;)

I'll get to everyone else later...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/22/09 at 5:54 pm

Cat and Carlos are cool.  I like to get Carlos' input on issues, though he gives it sparingly.

Tia is a funny guy with lots of interesting stuff to say about everything from seventies car chase movies to current events.

I learn a good deal from Mushroom and Lyricboy because they're bright fellows I often try unsuccessfully to contradict. 

Danoota always brightens my day.  She and Chucky and I all live in Massachusetts, so there's some fellowship there....

Written By: Tam on 02/26/09 at 10:25 pm

Hmmm.....

I like how I spell "shyt" and now Snoz spells it the same way!

And I like how Ash says "What the French Toast?" and now I say it all the time..... ;D

Weird how we pick up on things from others here huh? 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/26/09 at 11:22 pm

And I like how Ash says "What the French Toast?" and now I say it all the time..... ;D

I say that so much - I have actually been trying to cut down.  But now that you think it's cool I feel totally validated.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/26/09 at 11:46 pm

I say that so much - I have actually been trying to cut down.  But now that you think it's cool I feel totally validated.   ;D

you DO say the cutest things, Ash. I love how you say, "Oh my hell" and "Oh my heck" ;D

And I love how Gis refers to her boyfriend as, "himself"

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/26/09 at 11:56 pm

you DO say the cutest things, Ash. I love how you say, "Oh my hell" and "Oh my heck" ;D

Awww.  It's funny to me that you guys notice things I say.  I didn't realize I said that so much!  I love it!  :-*

And I love how Gis refers to her boyfriend as, "himself"

I love that too! 

Written By: nally on 02/27/09 at 12:45 pm

Awww.  It's funny to me that you guys notice things I say.  I didn't realize I said that so much!  I love it!   :-*

I love that too! 

Yes, you do say kind things. I like that very much.  :) O0

Written By: Dagwood on 02/27/09 at 5:09 pm

Oh my heck is such a Utah thing. ;D

I like that you can count on Nally to say something nice.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/27/09 at 5:24 pm

I like how Tam always tries to remain positive about things!  :)

Written By: Red Ant on 02/27/09 at 7:20 pm

I like all of you.  I mean that.  The members I have not liked all got banned because nobody else could stand them either.  I might robustly disagree sometimes, but that doesn't change my opinion that everyone here is basically decent. 

Heck, otherwise I wouldn't come back so often!

Well written Max. I agree with ya.

Special shout outs though to Gumbypiz and Macphisto for this week's discussion/debate on race.

signature banned as well

Written By: Frank on 02/28/09 at 2:21 am

So far everyone has been nice, friendly. I have enjoyed myself.
Nice place... :)

Written By: nally on 02/28/09 at 9:45 am

So far everyone has been nice, friendly. I have enjoyed myself.
Nice place... :)

Glad to hear that, Frank. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/28/09 at 11:06 pm

Tia is wicked funny with a wisecrack and astute about political events.
Whistledog knows all the artists and all the songs; he's a living pop music almanac.
Danoota is a fellow Baystater who knows how the Boston universe operates and she's been through all the craziness it has to dish out; when Danoota speaks, I advise you to listen!'
Cat and Charlie are good folks; they're wise and informed, and they're on the right side of the issues.  I've met them in person and one day I hope to meet them again!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/09 at 12:57 pm

I just have to say that I love you all.

I have been having a really bad day at work - just one thing going wrong after another.  I came to the site, acted like a total brat, and several people put up with my crap, were completely nice to me and made me feel a million times better.  That's awesome.  There aren't many places like this.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/luvlove.gif

Written By: nally on 03/10/09 at 1:01 pm

I have been having a really bad day at work - just one thing going wrong after another.  I came to the site, acted like a total brat, and several people put up with my crap, were completely nice to me and made me feel a million times better.  That's awesome.  There aren't many places like this.

Sorry you've had a bad day. I'm glad that we've made you feel welcome here - that's what we're here for! ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/10/09 at 1:02 pm

Just keep thinking of this weekend.

Cat

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/10/09 at 2:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear that your day has been so bad, Ash...

((((((HUG))))))

Written By: statsqueen on 03/10/09 at 5:51 pm

I'm sorry about your rough day, Ash.  Hope tomorrow is better *hugs*

Written By: anabel on 04/03/09 at 3:02 pm

I must say....it seems like some people here get that I'm a little off the wall and goofy (ok, a lot), and I like that everyone seems to get along and appreciate each other's personalities without a lot of flaming and ridiculing. I haven't seen anyone really get nasty wth anyone else over opposing views regarding politics, food preferences, or anything!  ;)
It's nice to have a board like this where you can get silly and not have to be so serious.  :D

Consider yourselves all Karmalized!!    http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/kiss(1).gif

Written By: Midas on 04/03/09 at 3:06 pm

I must say....it seems like some people here get that I'm a little off the wall and goofy (ok, a lot), and I like that everyone seems to get along and appreciate each other's personalities without a lot of flaming and ridiculing. I haven't seen anyone really get nasty wth anyone else over opposing views regarding politics, food preferences, or anything!  ;)
It's nice to have a board like this where you can get silly and not have to be so serious.   :D

Consider yourselves all Karmalized!!     http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/kiss(1).gif

Back atcha! :)  I think Tia would dig your avatar. :D

Written By: Frank on 04/04/09 at 12:59 am

It's nice to have a board like this where you can get silly and not have to be so serious.  :D

I totally agree with your observations about there people here...except for this long list below of those who...just kidding. It's fun being goofy and silly and no one has been nasty with me yet either.
I better not tell them I cross-dress on every 2nd sunday and sing Chinese opera on the streets at 4:00AM by pretending I'm 18 different people, coz Then I'll start getting razzed  :D

Written By: karen on 04/04/09 at 8:01 am

I totally agree with your observations about there people here...except for this long list below of those who...just kidding. It's fun being goofy and silly and no one has been nasty with me yet either.
I better not tell them I cross-dress on every 2nd sunday and sing Chinese opera on the streets at 4:00AM by pretending I'm 18 different people, coz Then I'll start getting razzed  :D

No - we'll just insist on photographic evidence.  Then we might take the piss out of your dress sense!  ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 04/04/09 at 12:40 pm

My only concern would be if someone wanted to join you!  ;)

It is a great group of people.  Some of my best friends---who I hope to meet someday!  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 11/12/21 at 11:31 am

You old bloats!! Lol.

Written By: karen on 11/12/21 at 11:47 am

You old bloats!! Lol.

Rude

This is say something nice about people not insult them

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/21 at 11:55 am

You old bloats!! Lol.

That not very nice!

Written By: violet_shy on 11/12/21 at 12:09 pm

Rude

This is say something nice about people not insult them

Nah. I was only kidding.  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 11/12/21 at 12:11 pm

You big galoots...

I think you're all very nice!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/12/21 at 12:12 pm

You old bloats!! Lol.

:o  :(  :o

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/12/21 at 12:15 pm

You old bloats!! Lol.

8 Common Causes of Bloating In Older Adults:

www.livestrong.com/article/13731507-causes-of-bloating-older-adults/

Written By: violet_shy on 11/12/21 at 12:33 pm

:o  :(  :o

Lol silly, who would get insulted by that? ::)

8 Common Causes of Bloating In Older Adults:

www.livestrong.com/article/13731507-causes-of-bloating-older-adults/

;D ;D ;D I didn't mean that! Hahaha

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/13/21 at 1:55 am

Everybody here has made me feel safe enough to express myself without feeling like I have to be careful about what I say.

Written By: Howard on 11/13/21 at 7:40 am

Jess has a nice smile in her pictures. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 11/13/21 at 10:08 am

Jess has a nice smile in her pictures. :)

You're one of the nicest members on here. You never start trouble with anyone, and I enjoy reading your posts....you're a dreamboat, Howard!  :-*

Written By: nally on 11/13/21 at 11:39 am

You're one of the nicest members on here. You never start trouble with anyone, and I enjoy reading your posts....you're a dreamboat, Howard!  :-*

I can say the same about you :) 8)

Written By: Howard on 11/13/21 at 3:09 pm

Thanks, much appreciated. O0

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/13/21 at 10:19 pm

You haven't banned me yet.  ;D

Written By: karen on 11/14/21 at 10:38 am

Nah. I was only kidding.  ;D

Saying “it was just banter” or similar does not make it ok.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/14/21 at 10:44 am

Saying “it was just banter” or similar does not make it ok.

Well I'm very sorry. They're just stupid, silly words that I remembered.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/15/21 at 7:12 am

Don't say what you're about to say
Read back before and check the reply
Be sure before you sent that post
Before you roll those dice
Just 'cause, think twice

Written By: violet_shy on 11/17/21 at 8:54 am

Does anyone know what happened to Wagonman76? I have his number and tried to text him. No replies yet though. I am concerned because he has not been posting for a while now, and I know he had some health conditions. Does anyone know of his whereabouts?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 8:56 am

Does anyone know what happened to Wagonman76? I have his number and tried to text him. No replies yet though. I am concerned because he has not been posting for a while now, and I know he had some health conditions. Does anyone know of his whereabouts?
Is he on Facebook?

Written By: violet_shy on 11/17/21 at 9:11 am

Is he on Facebook?

He isn't. He never had a Facebook. Hopefully he replies to my text message.

Written By: Ripley on 11/17/21 at 4:44 pm

You 00ze peeps rock 😁

Written By: nally on 11/17/21 at 10:33 pm

He isn't. He never had a Facebook. Hopefully he replies to my text message.

Speaking of which, I received one from you today while I was at the office. Thanks again; so kind!! :) 8)

Written By: Howard on 11/18/21 at 4:04 am

You 00ze peeps rock 😁

O0

Written By: violet_shy on 11/18/21 at 8:17 pm

Yes! I got a text message from wagonman76! He is fine just very busy.  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/18/21 at 8:47 pm

Yes! I got a text message from wagonman76! He is fine just very busy.  :)

O0 Thanks for the update, Jessica!

Written By: Howard on 11/19/21 at 3:52 am

AG is a cool poster. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/19/21 at 12:36 pm

I agree.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/19/21 at 12:42 pm

I agree.

Cat

Thanks!  :)

Written By: nally on 01/24/22 at 10:27 pm

I agree.

Cat

As do I.

Written By: whistledog on 01/25/22 at 11:14 pm

Damn, looks like I missed the bloating.  Whenever I eat chili cheese dogs, I feel bloated.

I seem to lurk more than I post, so I don't know some of you as well as I used to, or some of you at all.  Hello people I don't know :)

- I saw a picture of Rociante in one of the photo threads.  Dang, that girl is fine!  :-*
- Hello to my fellow Canadians:  Contigo, Slowpoke, Celeste!, Tam and forgive me if I left anyone else out.  I don't really know who are still active posters anymore. 

I really should post more.  This old bloat likes coming here :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/26/22 at 9:17 am

Of course my fav poster is Cat, but you all knew that

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/26/22 at 11:46 am

I know I'm seldom on, life got hectic. Still, I miss Inertia, Nerdy Gamer, Apollonia, and different users who I remember from a few years ago. As for those who still post, thank you for keeping this place alive. Stay awesome.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/22 at 2:57 pm

Of course my fav poster is Cat, but you all knew that

And you are mine (in ALL ways).  :-* :-* :-*

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/02/22 at 11:42 pm

I know I'm seldom on, life got hectic. Still, I miss Inertia, Nerdy Gamer, Apollonia, and different users who I remember from a few years ago.

I know whatcha mean; there's a number of users who were regulars lotsa years ago, but have been missing in action for quite a while; you often wonder what happened with them. And they were great posters.

As for those who still post, thank you for keeping this place alive. Stay awesome.
O0

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/22/22 at 9:05 am

Hi Jeff.  Your Dodgers are doing really well, best record in BB.  As a kid I use to see them play at Ebbets field.  You know, Duke Snider, Roy Campenela, Peewee Reese etc.  all the stars of the '50's

Written By: nally on 08/22/22 at 10:54 pm

^ Yup, that was before the team moved out west (along with their longtime rivals the Giants). I am glad to see them playing well this year. Let’s hope they finish with the top seed in the MLB. (Or at least in the NL.)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/22/22 at 11:11 pm

Thank you for being a friend.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...