inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: McFly's official apologies thread.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/07/09 at 9:52 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to officially apologize for blowing up at some of you a few weeks ago. I'm basically referring to - Midas, Philip Eno, Jason (whistle), snozzberries, Howard, Jessica, even Tia.

Basically I let some mild annoyances and disagreements get the better of me over time. That was way out of line and I said alot of things I shouldn't have, which is uncharacteristic of me. I can completely understand if people are upset about it, but I hope you can forgive me 'cause all I can do is say I'm sorry and do the best I can from now on. I really didn't mean alot of what I said, especially to that extent. What's worse is that I'm the one who's always saying not to generalize people or lump them together or prejudge without really knowing them, and that's exactly what I did. There's even alot of people who on their own I never had an issue with but I flipped out on just because they were maybe friends with certain posters I was angry with at the time.

I'm very sensitive and caring, and not the type where I can hurt someone's feelings and just walk away like it doesn't matter (hey, I've cried over Full House episodes). Now that I've had time to think about it, I'm no longer angry about those initial things and I feel terrible for hurting anybody. I was wrong, and I'm man enough to admit it.

In the future, if I don't get along with someone or dislike the way they post, I'll simply stay away from those threads or if I tale up an issue with them, do it maturely and calmly so we can all co exist. Even if I might be closer with some people than with others, I intend to at least be as cordial and "get alongable" as possible with everyone. Even if things annoy me, I'll try and focus on what I DO like about you as opposed to what I don't (that's the Liberal in me anyway). ;)

Subject: Re: Official apologies thread.

Written By: Midas on 01/07/09 at 10:05 pm

Cool beans. :)  Let's have fun.  Seriously. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 01/07/09 at 10:59 pm

WEll played Jesse. I think a lot of people have been waiting for this so its a good thing. I think it takes a big person to admit they erred I admit I wasn't proud of everything I said either but I am big enough to say I'm sorry if I offended you as well and I'll except your apology...

Just don't call me middle aged again (okay)  ;)

sorrry I couldn't resist  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/07/09 at 11:38 pm

your apology seems sincere and people are usually willing to forgive when offended.  It's a good step in the right direction & I appreciate you taking that step. it's not easy. you mentioned several members personally and that's good.  don't be surprised if someone else feels like they should have been included in your apology. hopefully time will heal any wounds. anyways, good form Jess and now you go and get to analyzing threads  ;D

signed,
a proud member of the M.A.P. club  8)

p.s. I never felt offended by you when all this went down, even if I were in any way to be included and I could easily have been  8)

take it easy mm

Written By: Tia on 01/08/09 at 9:18 am

thank you marty and i appreciate the apology. i even can take a little chest-thumping pride in that you said "even" tia!  ;D kinda makes me wanna take my old name back.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/08/09 at 12:02 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. (I promise)
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be. (I promise)
But if you'll wait around a while, I'll make you fall for me,
I promise, I promise you I will.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/08/09 at 6:23 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. (I promise)
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be. (I promise)
But if you'll wait around a while, I'll make you fall for me,
I promise, I promise you I will.

If you need a friend, don't look to a stranger,
You know in the end, I'll always be there.
But when you're in doubt, and when you're in danger,
Take a look all around, and I'll be there.

Written By: seamermar on 01/09/09 at 1:14 pm

Hi everyone ! that's me the everlasting upset-minded sailor.

Due to my lack of English manage, it's hard for me to go through the boards. I didn't even know anything about rules or manners.
So I' ve been b asking for too many obvious questions which were written on the FAQ and probably I will :-\\ :-\\ for long.

From now on I'll take a look around the rules, though it was a little short, cause I have not too much time spare and I wat it to spend along the boards.

I do apologice to these peolple who gently and  generously gave their time to a stranger foreigner. I cannot say a name for shouldn't I lay anyone apart.

I hope they'll understand.

Thanks to my many friends.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/09/09 at 1:18 pm

^ It's okay, Babelfish will bring us together :)

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/09 at 1:20 pm

Hi everyone ! that's me the everlasting upset-minded sailor.

Due to my lack of English manage, it's hard for me to go through the boards. I didn't even know anything about rules or manners.
So I' ve been b asking for too many obvious questions which were written on the FAQ and probably I will :-\\ :-\\ for long.

From now on I'll take a look around the rules, though it was a little short, cause I have not too much time spare and I wat it to spend along the boards.

I do apologice to these peolple who gently and  generously gave their time to a stranger foreigner. I cannot say a name for shouldn't I lay anyone apart.

I hope they'll understand.

Thanks to my many friends.

you have nothing to apoligize for... we can see how hard you are trying and we appreciate the effort you make.

Sometimes I laugh at your posts but I hope you know its in fun not in malice... (which means bad intentions)

Subject: Re: McFly's official apologies thread.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/12/09 at 12:41 am

WEll played Jesse. I think a lot of people have been waiting for this so its a good thing. I think it takes a big person to admit they erred I admit I wasn't proud of everything I said either but I am big enough to say I'm sorry if I offended you as well and I'll except your apology...

Just don't call me middle aged again (okay)  ;)

sorrry I couldn't resist  :)

Okay fair enough. ;D And thanks to everyone else too.

For the record (and I'm only saying this publically because that was another thing people got upset with me over, and it was a big misunderstanding), I want you to know I was never trying to insult people based on their age or suggesting it wasn't cool or anything.

I feel as sad as anyone over it, because you guys still seem young and cool to me. You've simply slowly evolved into being in your age NOW. I'm invariably thinking back to earlier times in my life  - like back in 1994 there was this 26 or 27 year old next door neighbor in our apartment complex we were kinda friends with. I liked her and thought she was really cute and just generally fun to talk with. Well I realized she would be like in her early forties now, but my mind still reads her as being this young woman, perhaps even a bit of a kid...because that's how I knew her. Well the same could be said for tons of people like that.

I dont want anyone thinking I was trying to be this cocky younger guy who was saying anyone over 40 was lame or automatically uncool, no not at all. Hey I like older people. :) I always related well to people older than myself, I loved talking with teachers, my parents' friends or other adults when I was a kid (even my own childhood best friend was 4 years older than me). Even today I still dig it because they're usually good conversationalists and seem to care more about people instead of being wrapped up in their own world than younger people often are (i.e. texting, having a clique of friends they share things or get close with).

There's loads of older people I think rock. Casey Kasem is around 74 and I think he's cool. Lots of people I feel that way about (celebs or not), I just wish the REST of the world would recognize that. That was all I ever meant it - from a general pop culture/youth perspective, not my own.

I figure that if you're 20 or 25 years older than someone, you could EASILY be their parents and it wouldn't seem odd at all. Well if things center on teenagers, than that space of time would mean about 40....but logically I know everyone is different. Some people can be cool for a long time and some never are, it's based on the individual. It's not me you need to convince, it's the more smartass 15 year old kid who would think of your age group as "Dang that's like my parents generation" - he's the one you need to convince. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...