inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fasting for a peroid of time

Written By: joeman on 02/27/09 at 9:55 am

I once did a 3 day water fast and not only did my belly get smaller, but it broke my habit of smoking for a good bit.  I am thinking of extending the fast for one week to see if more results come in.  I heard people have done up to 40 days of fasting on water alone.  Anyone here fast for long peroids of time, and if so, what are you recommendatons?

Subject: Re: Fasting for a peroid of time

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/27/09 at 6:12 pm

There is a way to do it without doing too much damage.  I think it involves taking muli-vitamins and such.  I've never done it because of my blood sugar issues.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/28/09 at 5:49 am

Fasting for a long period of time can be dangerous(more than 3 or 4 days).  You should have a physical first, and talk to a nutritionist.  It is more than just not eating.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/09 at 11:28 am

I could never because I have low blood sugar. If I don't eat, I pass out.

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/27/09 at 2:15 pm

I went without blogging.

Maybe it was better off. :(

Written By: Paul on 04/27/09 at 2:39 pm

I heard people have done up to 40 days of fasting on water alone. 

what are you recommendatons?

For a start, get the 40 day thing out of your head...that will do you serious damage!

Before you attempt anything radical like this, consult your doctor...

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/09 at 6:45 pm

I know first hand what fasting can do.  I won't go into it (because it's quite scary), but for health and safety's sake, don't ever fast unless it's one of those surgery type deals where you can't eat anything the day before an operation.

That whole 'lent" thing, I still don't understand the meaning of that, even though I know why (I saw 'Chocolat').  If you went even 3 days without eating, it could seriously damage your stomach.  I wouldn't advise it

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/15/09 at 10:20 pm

Gosh, I ccouldn't fast like that. I have no will power. I lost 90 pounds but it was because I was sick with my kidneys and literally vomiting everyday.  8-P

I did "fast" from Michael Jackson for two weeks. When I finally did watch him, it was like the first time I'd seen him.  ;D

I felt the same way when I was finally able to eat and keep food down and I scarfed a burger. LORD I was HAPPY!

Check for new replies or respond here...