inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are modern women less sweet/more militant than women of the past?

Written By: Tiramisu on 03/05/09 at 2:56 pm

Now I'm all for female empowerment, but a lot of Western women, from what I see on the Internet, are every bit as nasty and mean as some of the men. Feminism and all is good, but are women becoming all-out callous?

Subject: Re: Are modern women less sweet/more militant than women of the past?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/05/09 at 3:12 pm

Now I'm all for female empowerment, but a lot of Western women, from what I see on the Internet, are every bit as nasty and mean as some of the men. Feminism and all is good, but are women becoming all-out callous?

Of course some of the women are as mean as some of the men.  Some people are nice and some people are mean.  I don't think being an @sshole is gender-based.

Written By: Tiramisu on 03/05/09 at 3:46 pm

Of course some of the women are as mean as some of the men.  Some people are nice and some people are mean.  I don't think being an @sshole is gender-based.

Good point.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/05/09 at 7:36 pm

Big karmaditto  ;)

Written By: Jessica on 03/05/09 at 9:00 pm

Yup, although I find myself becoming more and more of an asshole with each passing day. :D

Written By: Midas on 03/06/09 at 8:55 am

Yup, although I find myself becoming more and more of an asshole with each passing day. :D

You can't help it. :D  And me too :D

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/06/09 at 10:25 am

People are people and always have been.  I think what has changed are the social norms and conventions, which have allowed women to express their fiestyness in more open and "in your face" ways, ie less passive-aggressive, more open ways.

Check for new replies or respond here...