inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Shyness

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/12/09 at 4:08 pm

In the last 10-11 years I've slowly gotten over it (especially the past year), but I'd always tended to be shy in certain social situations, especially as a kid. Especially with girls, lol. ;)

But the weird thing is I was usually always really outgoing or shy, there wasn't really a midperiod too often. Someone who knew me one way had a hard time believing I was the other way! When I came out of my shell, I really came out (i.e. if I was comfortable with someone, or like later when I did acting stuff). I've always preferred having conversations as opposed to smalltalk, so for instance I usually felt awkward at a party or going into a new class at school.

For anyone else who is or was ever shy, was it like this for you too? Like you had alot you wanted to say, but weren't quite sure where to start.

Subject: Re: Shyness

Written By: karen on 04/12/09 at 4:37 pm

People often laugh if I say I am shy!

It's more that I feel awkward at the beginning of any social situation.  It takes me a while to get to know people, but when I know them I am a bit of a chatterbox.

I don't like calling people up just for a chat or to see if they want to meet up.  It can leave me quite isolated here at times I think.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/12/09 at 5:09 pm

I tend to be the same way, I'm pretty shy. Don't even like to use the telephone.

Written By: Davester on 04/12/09 at 5:11 pm

Girls still scare the crap out of me...

Written By: Jessica on 04/12/09 at 5:16 pm

You may find this hard to believe (no really!  You will!), but I am very shy in person.  It's not as bad as when I was younger (I would skip school when I knew I had to give oral presentations, I got the wrong prescription glasses in second grade because I was too shy to speak up, etc.), but it is still there.  I find it hard to make phone calls to people and go out of my way to avoid it, even if they are family.  I hate giving speeches, taking pictures, being on camera, meeting new people, making small talk, etc.  I will DO it, but it is not done without some degree of difficulty and a burning red flush that takes over my face.  I am less inhibited after a few drinks or if I've just taken Xanax (which is rare nowadays, yay!), which has led to some more......amusing moments in my life.

Now online is a different story.  Dunno why, but there it is.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/12/09 at 5:37 pm

It depends on how much I have to drink.

Cat

Written By: Frank on 04/12/09 at 5:42 pm

You may find this hard to believe (no really!  You will!), but I am very shy in person.  It's not as bad as when I was younger (I would skip school when I knew I had to give oral presentations, I got the wrong prescription glasses in second grade because I was too shy to speak up, etc.), but it is still there.  I find it hard to make phone calls to people and go out of my way to avoid it, even if they are family.  I hate giving speeches, taking pictures, being on camera, meeting new people, making small talk, etc.  I will DO it, but it is not done without some degree of difficulty and a burning red flush that takes over my face.  I am less inhibited after a few drinks or if I've just taken Xanax (which is rare nowadays, yay!), which has led to some more......amusing moments in my life.

Now online is a different story.  Dunno why, but there it is.

I can totally relate to everything you wrote, except the Xanax (I don't even know what that is)
I skipped school if there was an oral presentation, I don't like making small talk. In fact if there are 5 people in a room, I am usually the one that's by myself while others pair-off.
Once in grade 4 or 5 I had to cut a presentation half way and went the the boys room to puke.

I have grown since them and have been able to speak in front of 200 people on occasions, still not comfortable. Istead of worrying about speaking in front of people, I just tell myself I don't care and just do it.

Written By: snozberries on 04/13/09 at 1:35 pm

I live alone. The longest conversation I have most days is with my tv.  Even at work I love listening to the stories but don't like to tell them.
I hate small talk. And I hate talking on the phone.

But get me on role and I don't shut up.  Pretty sarcastic so most of my friends that if I'm teasing them then I'm comfortable and if I'm not then something is wrong or I just don't like you.  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/13/09 at 1:43 pm

Oddly enough I am more shy online than I am in person.

I know, I know, that's totally weird.

It's like...if I have time to think about what I'm gonna say, then I clam up.  If I'm sitting right in front of someone, it just all comes spilling out.  If I'm comfortable with people (like I am most of you guys) then obviously I don't have a problem opening up, but there are a lot of times I don't say anything, I just read what everyone else says. 

Also, I never call people.  I always feel like I am bugging them.  I don't know why either.  I'm happy when people call me or invite me to do stuff - I just never feel comfortable initiating get togethers or calling people. 

But I have no problem speaking in front of groups.  At all.  Doesn't scare me a bit.  I've been a trainer in several jobs and had to speak to big groups of people hundreds of times, and I don't even think about it.

Yeah...I'm crazy.

Written By: Paul on 04/13/09 at 1:48 pm

It's dogged me for most of my life, but I'm at the stage now where I tend not to get too pent up about it...

Written By: Midas on 04/13/09 at 1:52 pm

I was pretty shy in high school and usually am if I don't know you that well yet.

I can vouch for Jess.  She's shy in person - at least the first time we met :D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/13/09 at 2:21 pm

In certain social situations I can be very shy.  If I don't know a person I can be pretty shy.  But once I get to know a person then I can be very social.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/13/09 at 3:23 pm

I was pretty shy in high school and usually am if I don't know you that well yet.

You sound a lot like me.  I was incredibly shy in high school and only had a very small group of friends.  I don't care much for being in a large group of people.  If I'm at a party, you'll usually find me off to the side somewhere.

When my husband and I moved to Hawaii, I didn't know a single soul.  Now, 15 years later, I only know a small handful of people (probably due to the fact that I'm a stay-at-home mom)...but I'm not close to any of them.  My husband always tells me that I should get involved in a club of some sort so that I can meet other women, but I prefer to just stay here at home and do my own thing.

Written By: Henk on 04/13/09 at 3:32 pm

I suppose I'm shy too, though that may be only part of my problems. I consider myself socially handicapped.

Don't expect me to start a conversation (any conversation) in real life. I've no idea how to. And like most of the previous posters, I don't like using the telephone. I try to avoid it as much as possible (thank goodness there's email!).
I don't like going to parties and other social events, because I would have to go on my own and I'd always feel like the odd one out. (There's a classic catch-22: I don't go because I don't know anyone, and I don't know anyone because I don't go). Well, even if I would go: see first sentence of this section.
I don't invite people over to my place either. I wouldn't know who, or why, or how. I have quite a lot of superficial relations with people (through work, church, choir), but I'm not close to any of them.

Mind you, I can be very talkative and funny - mostly when I've had a cup of coffee (or two). I've no problems chit-chatting with my colleagues or family. With anyone else...scares the hell out of me. Total blank.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/13/09 at 4:11 pm

People often confuse my misanthropy for shyness.  ::)

Seriously, I too avoid social events, small talk and telephones but it's not shyness, at least I don't think so. I was always the quiet type so
I choose to avoid them because I'd rather be invisible. You know what, maybe I am a misanthrope.  ;D

Written By: Tam on 04/13/09 at 5:30 pm

People often confuse my misanthropy for shyness.  ::)

Seriously, I too avoid social events, small talk and telephones but it's not shyness, at least I don't think so. I was always the quiet type so
I choose to avoid them because I'd rather be invisible. You know what, maybe I am a misanthrope.  ;D

I can vouch for this. ;)
But don't think he isn't paying attention... because he most definitely is! 8)

Written By: loki 13 on 04/13/09 at 5:50 pm

I can vouch for this. ;)
But don't think he isn't paying attention... because he most definitely is! 8)

The proverbial fly on the wall.  ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/13/09 at 7:28 pm

I've always been a very shy person for as long as I can remember. I literally had to be coaxed into speaking some words in preschool and kindergarten. Even ordinary telephone conversations are awkward for me. I've been lucky over the years to have friends that have accepted my shyness, but it's something I still need to overcome. Gosh knows my mother reminds me of this all too often.  :(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/13/09 at 7:43 pm

I'm insanely shy.  I'll do anything to avoid talking on the phone.  Can't stand to be in a party atmosphere.  Glad I'm not the only one who hates the phone.

Written By: wildcard on 04/13/09 at 10:25 pm

Casual conversations
How they bore me

I don't like small talk and don't say much unless I have something to say.  I also avoid conversations I don't understand.  I think the major reason I was real quiet as a kid was because my mom did a wonderful job of making me feel worthless.

I've always hated the phone and always had hearing problems.  Phone conversations tent to be chat chat to me.
i

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/13/09 at 11:07 pm

I'm insanely shy.  I'll do anything to avoid talking on the phone.  Can't stand to be in a party atmosphere.  Glad I'm not the only one who hates the phone.

but get a couple of drinks in her folks....;) just kidding Kath! You're a blast! :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/13/09 at 11:19 pm

but get a couple of drinks in her folks....;) just kidding Kath! You're a blast! :)

3 to be exact. :)

Written By: NbC on 04/14/09 at 2:20 am

I was super shy in school and always felt awkward in social situations.  I can be deathly afraid of trying out new things.  I avoid them like the plague which isn't a good thing.  It is hard to break out of my shell.  Deep inside I would like to try something different and to allow myself to grow as a person. 

Written By: Gis on 04/14/09 at 3:02 am

3 to be exact. :)
;D

I was painfully shy as a child. I've got better as I've got older because I force myself to go into social situations and speak up. I still hate it though.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/14/09 at 1:50 pm

I kind of lapse in and out of shyness.

What really sucks is that I've been laid off from my job since November, even though they call me in to work about 2-3 days a week. Because of this I've been living almost a hermit-like lifestyle, and I purposely got myself addicted to World of Warcraft just to keep myself from going out and spending money. (That's why I don't get on the boards much anymore.)

Really it all depends on what mood I'm in. If I'm feeling down and depressed (which happens fairly often but generally doesn't last very long) then I get very quiet and withdrawn. But if I'm in a good mood then I can be (at the risk of sounding conceited) pretty fun to be around.  I guess I just like act to goofy and make people laugh.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/14/09 at 2:22 pm

Casual conversations
How they bore me

I don't like small talk and don't say much unless I have something to say.  I also avoid conversations I don't understand.  I think the major reason I was real quiet as a kid was because my mom did a wonderful job of making me feel worthless.

I've always hated the phone and always had hearing problems.  Phone conversations tent to be chat chat to me.
i

For me, conversations usually have to involve something that interest me as well. This has been shown lately, with my mom still living with me. I think I'm going to go insane sometimes.

Written By: wildcard on 04/14/09 at 6:16 pm

^ Same here, if it's not something I'm interested in, I don' t want to hear it. 

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/14/09 at 6:34 pm

I don't have a shy bone in me :P

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/14/09 at 8:10 pm

I always felt like I was the only one on this planet who hated talking on the telephone, too. I was never one of those people who can talk and talk over the phone for hours, like a lot of people I knew did. I could never come up with enough things to talk about, anyway.  :(

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/15/09 at 2:32 am

I always felt like I was the only one on this planet who hated talking on the telephone, too. I was never one of those people who can talk and talk over the phone for hours, like a lot of people I knew did. I could never come up with enough things to talk about, anyway.  :(

Yeah, I hear what you guys are saying about the phone! Up until last year I almost never used it for anything beyond small or necesarry stuff. I actually tend to feel more comfortable in person, I guess because there can be an awkwardness in not knowing what to say. When you think about it it's really only a "half interaction" since you can't see their face or their expressions.

I've always been the type though, where I'm usually one side or the other. If I don't know someone well enough or aren't comfortable then I'm pretty reserved, but if I am comfortable then I never shut up.;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/15/09 at 11:18 am

I don't have a shy bone in me :P

You're on the verge of given us shy people a complex. :(  Therefore you can compensate for us while we recover from realizing our shortcomings.

Written By: tv on 04/15/09 at 11:29 am

Shyness-uh I'm not one to start a conversation really out in public really unless I know somebody. If I',m at work I can make small talk though.

With girls I won;t talk try to talk to any girl that I am attracted too out in public. I do most of my trying to find dates with women online because the rejection is easier online and its just easier to send an e-mail online than rather trying to talk some girl in public that you don;t even know and getting rejected.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/15/09 at 1:42 pm

I don't really like trying to start a conversation with someone that I don't know but when I do get to know someone I can talk their ears off.

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/15/09 at 6:23 pm

You're on the verge of given us shy people a complex. :(  Therefore you can compensate for us while we recover from realizing our shortcomings.

Oh shortcomings aren't always a bad thing ;)

Written By: anabel on 04/15/09 at 9:17 pm

Depends on the situation..(how much I may have had to drink)..in formal situations I may be a bit reserved and hang back til I feel comfortable, but when I go out with friends, I'm the one they have to pull back from strangers who start up conversations with me. For some reason, when people first meet me, they end up telling me their whole life story-I guess that means they're comfortable with me? I just listen and my friends think I'm nuts.... ::)

I was a little shy when I first started posting here, but figure we all have at least this board in common, and everyone is generally easy to get along with, so I'm just me now and I don't worry about what others think so much....

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/18/09 at 2:08 am

Just a quick question: Is this thread just for people to vent about being shy, or is it also about offering up advice on how to overcome shyness?

Because I used to be a really shy person, but I have largely (but not completely) gotten past it, and I'd be happy to share with anyone what I've figured out if you're interested.

Written By: Step-chan on 04/18/09 at 5:11 pm

You can, I imagine(depends onif the topic creator).

While I'm generally shy(like I stated earlier), there are situations where I'm not.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/18/09 at 8:21 pm

Just a quick question: Is this thread just for people to vent about being shy, or is it also about offering up advice on how to overcome shyness?

Because I used to be a really shy person, but I have largely (but not completely) gotten past it, and I'd be happy to share with anyone what I've figured out if you're interested.

Good question, it is sorta ambiguous. I guess I was thinking more just about sharing experiences or seeing how similar everyone's shyness was or is.

I'm alot like you are in that respect Al, there's a few instances that can still make me tongue tied (i.e. I'm still not always good with thinking of witty things to say "on the spot"), but it's nothing like when I was a kid or a younger teen. Truthfully even up to 1-2 years ago until I started talking on the phone alot.

I'm still kinda "conditional" with it depending where I am and who I'm talking to (or even how they're reacting towards me - that's actually always a big part of it to be honest) but one way I learned to ease it was just to talk about something I'm comfortable with.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/20/09 at 12:42 am

I had the shy boy disposition beaten into me at an early age!

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/20/09 at 10:37 pm

I had the shy boy disposition beaten into me at an early age!

From your experience, do you think being shy (even if it's just in certain situations) is one of those things where people who haven't gone through it kinda have difficulty understanding it? Like people who say stuff like "Oh just go talk to that girl or tell this person off, it's no big deal", but they don't get that for some other people it's not always that easy.

I know there's some people who are painfully shy. Even for me at my worst it was just conditional... like until I felt comfortable. I know the way other people treat or react towards me makes a HUGE difference.

Written By: ninny on 04/24/09 at 3:00 pm

I was very shy in high school,I find myself being a little more forward nowadays.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/24/09 at 5:03 pm

I was very shy in high school,I find myself being a little more forward nowadays.

My Mom's the same way.  I think it comes with age and being comfortable with yourself.

Written By: ninny on 04/24/09 at 5:36 pm

My Mom's the same way.  I think it comes with age and being comfortable with yourself.

This is true. There are still times when I have to talk to myself and reassure myself there is nothing to be afraid of just go talk to the people.Other times I think I'm back in high school and someone will say something rude.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/09 at 2:30 am

Oddly enough I am more shy online than I am in person.

I know, I know, that's totally weird.

It's like...if I have time to think about what I'm gonna say, then I clam up.  If I'm sitting right in front of someone, it just all comes spilling out.  If I'm comfortable with people (like I am most of you guys) then obviously I don't have a problem opening up, but there are a lot of times I don't say anything, I just read what everyone else says. 

Also, I never call people.  I always feel like I am bugging them.  I don't know why either.  I'm happy when people call me or invite me to do stuff - I just never feel comfortable initiating get togethers or calling people. 

But I have no problem speaking in front of groups.  At all.  Doesn't scare me a bit.  I've been a trainer in several jobs and had to speak to big groups of people hundreds of times, and I don't even think about it.

Yeah...I'm crazy.

WHAT!!!!  :o  HOLD THE PHONE!!!!

If what I've seen is you shy I CANNOT WAIT to see you live and in the flesh !!!! WHEN THE FRACK ARE YOU COMING TO CALI!!!!!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/06/09 at 2:47 am

If what I've seen is you shy I CANNOT WAIT to see you live and in the flesh !!!! WHEN THE FRACK ARE YOU COMING TO CALI!!!!!

She *IS* really cool in person.  Makes you feel very comfortable (well as much as one can be, away from home, in a social situation.)  lol

She is very nice and will talk to everybody about anything.  It was very awesome watching her in action.  (It's alot of what I did in Philly...watched everybody else talk, as I was having a bit of a shy, awkward social phobia at the time.  ;D )

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/09 at 2:59 am

She *IS* really cool in person.  Makes you feel very comfortable (well as much as one can be, away from home, in a social situation.)  lol

She is very nice and will talk to everybody about anything.  It was very awesome watching her in action.  (It's alot of what I did in Philly...watched everybody else talk, as I was having a bit of a shy, awkward social phobia at the time.   ;D )

I wouldn't mind your being shy with me Patty but I doubt it would last long.. I'd probably make you re-enact your favorite songs from Fame or something!  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 05/13/09 at 5:34 am

In the last 10-11 years I've slowly gotten over it (especially the past year), but I'd always tended to be shy in certain social situations, especially as a kid. Especially with girls, lol. ;)

But the weird thing is I was usually always really outgoing or shy, there wasn't really a midperiod too often. Someone who knew me one way had a hard time believing I was the other way! When I came out of my shell, I really came out (i.e. if I was comfortable with someone, or like later when I did acting stuff). I've always preferred having conversations as opposed to smalltalk, so for instance I usually felt awkward at a party or going into a new class at school.

For anyone else who is or was ever shy, was it like this for you too? Like you had alot you wanted to say, but weren't quite sure where to start.

I can certainly sympathise, Marty, and I'm not into small-talk either.

I am not a shy person but it doesn't mean I can ask girls out and things like that. I usually end up being friends with women purely because the barriers I put up will not allow me to move to the next level (which means I am less charming, lol). I am trying to become more . . . agreeable if that's the right term for it and seeing positive results from that. Just simple politeness, manners and taking things easy go a long way.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/09 at 10:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouL9ZMzEZ4k

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/14/09 at 2:20 pm

She is very nice and will talk to everybody about anything.  It was very awesome watching her in action.  (It's alot of what I did in Philly...watched everybody else talk, as I was having a bit of a shy, awkward social phobia at the time.   ;D )

I have to agree.  Ash is one of the coolest people I've ever met.  She's so genuine and loveable.  You can't help but want to hang out with her just so you can be yourself.  You did ok Patty, I think we were both fretting a bit too much about what people would think of us.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/14/09 at 10:28 pm

I have to agree.  Ash is one of the coolest people I've ever met.  She's so genuine and loveable.  You can't help but want to hang out with her just so you can be yourself.  You did ok Patty, I think we were both fretting a bit too much about what people would think of us.

you were all as cool as heck! 8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/09 at 10:30 pm

has it been long enough for me to rewrite history and claim that I was there?  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/14/09 at 11:31 pm

Well duh, we can't be anything else but cool. ::) ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/14/09 at 11:34 pm

has it been long enough for me to rewrite history and claim that I was there?  ;D

You should have been there!!!  That would have made it awesomer. (more awesome, most awesome) 

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/09 at 11:45 pm

You should have been there!!!  That would have made it awesomer. (more awesome, most awesome) 

the awesomest!  8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/15/09 at 1:40 pm

the awesomest!  8)

Yeah that!!!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/15/09 at 2:50 pm

She is very nice and will talk to everybody about anything.  It was very awesome watching her in action.  (It's alot of what I did in Philly...watched everybody else talk, as I was having a bit of a shy, awkward social phobia at the time.   ;D )

Wow - that is seriously one of the nicest things that anyone has ever said about me!  Thank you Patty!  I have to say for the record though that I didn't think you were awkward at all!  I just figured that you were more of a listener than a talker.  But you and I had a couple of great conversations and I was so happy to meet you in person!  :-*

Wow.  I might cry now!  I am so honored  to hear that you feel that way about me!  I feel the exact same way about you!  I am just so full of love right now.  You know how some days you just don't feel so great about yourself?  Well I have been feeling that way lately, and then today I come and see this.  I can't tell you how much it means to me to hear you guys say this stuff.  I love you both so much!!!  :-*

;D  I said when I feel comfortable with people it's different!  Obviously I feel comfortable with ya'll!  I love you all! 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/15/09 at 5:49 pm

Wow - that is seriously one of the nicest things that anyone has ever said about me!  Thank you Patty!  I have to say for the record though that I didn't think you were awkward at all!  I just figured that you were more of a listener than a talker.  But you and I had a couple of great conversations and I was so happy to meet you in person!   :-*

Wow.  I might cry now!  I am so honored  to hear that you feel that way about me!  I feel the exact same way about you!  I am just so full of love right now.  You know how some days you just don't feel so great about yourself?  Well I have been feeling that way lately, and then today I come and see this.  I can't tell you how much it means to me to hear you guys say this stuff.  I love you both so much!!!   :-*

;D  I said when I feel comfortable with people it's different!  Obviously I feel comfortable with ya'll!  I love you all! 

Oh no!!  She's got the warm fuzzy feeling. :o  Next thing you know she'll be demanding group hugs and an off key rendition of Kumbya.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/09 at 5:56 pm

Wow - that is seriously one of the nicest things that anyone has ever said about me!  Thank you Patty!  I have to say for the record though that I didn't think you were awkward at all!  I just figured that you were more of a listener than a talker.  But you and I had a couple of great conversations and I was so happy to meet you in person!   :-*

Wow.  I might cry now!  I am so honored  to hear that you feel that way about me!  I feel the exact same way about you!  I am just so full of love right now.  You know how some days you just don't feel so great about yourself?  Well I have been feeling that way lately, and then today I come and see this.  I can't tell you how much it means to me to hear you guys say this stuff.  I love you both so much!!!   :-*

When I knocked on the door, I wasn't too sure what to expect but you threw your arms around me and it was like seeing old friends even though technically we have just met.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/18/09 at 2:15 pm

When I knocked on the door, I wasn't too sure what to expect but you threw your arms around me and it was like seeing old friends even though technically we have just met.

Cat

Awww!  :-*  It WAS seeing an old friend! 

Written By: Gis on 05/21/09 at 4:53 am

You absolutely hit the nail on the head here Kathie. I kick myself now for not chatting to you and Patty more. Feeling kind of awkward myself I find I clam up around people who also feel awkward, does that make sense? I hope we all get the chance to meet again because now I have met you both before I know I'll be fine!  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/21/09 at 10:05 am

You absolutely hit the nail on the head here Kathie. I kick myself now for not chatting to you and Patty more. Feeling kind of awkward myself I find I clam up around people who also feel awkward, does that make sense? I hope we all get the chance to meet again because now I have met you both before I know I'll be fine!  ;D

Don't worry about it.  I was just thrilled that you could scold me about drinking iced tea in person. ;D  I think it was a bit awkward at first but then we all got used to each other and hung out.

Written By: Gis on 05/21/09 at 12:04 pm

Don't worry about it.  I was just thrilled that you could scold me about drinking iced tea in person. ;D  I think it was a bit awkward at first but then we all got used to each other and hung out.
That's true, it was easier later on and I did anticipate catching up with yous all again for lunch on the last day but sadly plans changed.

I was also thrilled you thought of buying me the tasty cakes!

Iced tea......nah never going to happen!  ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/21/09 at 1:40 pm

My shyness keeps me from a lot of things.

Guys.  Celebrities and other things.

The old drummer from Tears For Fears. Manny Elias, I think I stumbled upon his Facebook page on a search for pictures of him but my shyness sort of prevented me from finding out if it was really him or if it was just somebody running a fan site.

Written By: snozberries on 05/21/09 at 11:08 pm

That's true, it was easier later on and I did anticipate catching up with yous all again for lunch on the last day but sadly plans changed.

I was also thrilled you thought of buying me the tasty cakes!

Iced tea......nah never going to happen!  ;D

guess I shouldn't tell you how much sugar I put in my iced tea....or how much sugar and milk I put in my hot tea... btw I love Liptons  :P

Written By: Gis on 05/22/09 at 3:27 am

guess I shouldn't tell you how much sugar I put in my iced tea....or how much sugar and milk I put in my hot tea... btw I love Liptons  :P
Never, NEVER use the 'L' word in my presence, I thought we were friends!  :\'(

For the record I have milk and sugar in my hot tea too.

Written By: snozberries on 05/22/09 at 3:29 am

Never, NEVER use the 'L' word in my presence, I thought we were friends!  :\'(

For the record I have milk and sugar in my hot tea too.

Lipton, lipton, lipton, lipton, LIPTON!!!!  :P

We are friends... I love you more than I love Lipton  :-*

and I love Lipton!  :D

Written By: Gis on 05/22/09 at 9:24 am

Lipton, lipton, lipton, lipton, LIPTON!!!!  :P

We are friends... I love you more than I love Lipton  :-*

and I love Lipton!  :D
Hmmm ok but please stop using such bad language in my presence.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/22/09 at 10:16 am

Earl Grey, Irish Breakfast . . . they don't make good iced tea.  There's gotta be a reason for that. ;D  Snoz, I can't believe you're cursing like that.  Just wait till there's not an ocean or a giant land mass between you, then I dare you to say the "L" word. :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/22/09 at 1:02 pm

It's funny, I do one of two things when I'm nervous.  I either clam up and hide behind my husband (who is very gregarious and can talk to anybody) or I babble (like I did to poor Kathie during the whole drive from her house to Philly.)  She probably wanted peace and quiet and I just prattled on and on.  It was kinda amusing.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/22/09 at 2:18 pm

It's funny, I do one of two things when I'm nervous.  I either clam up and hide behind my husband (who is very gregarious and can talk to anybody) or I babble (like I did to poor Kathie during the whole drive from her house to Philly.)  She probably wanted peace and quiet and I just prattled on and on.  It was kinda amusing.

It took you about ten minutes then we started talking like we'd know each other for years.  If I wanted peace and quiet I would have stayed home. :)  Philly was great though.

Written By: Gis on 05/23/09 at 3:10 am

Now would it have been instantly easier if we had confessed all of this before we met??

Written By: Kyle23 on 06/22/09 at 6:52 am

Shy girls are cute

Check for new replies or respond here...