inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: While I Was Gone

Written By: gemini on 07/22/09 at 11:58 am

Thought I'd let everyone know what I've been up to the past 6 or so months. Alot has happened, some good, some bad. 

Daughter moved out
Daughter moved in
Joined Facebook
Started a new collection
Spent way too much on ebay
Got a new cruiser bike
Painted my kitchen a happy yellow
Rocky my grand dog got very sick and still recovering
Business venture went down the tubes
No job
And the icing on the cake.....husband of 28 years decides (the day I lose my job) he wants to move out.
Thank god for George Harrisons album All Things Must Pass. I've listened to it a zillion times the last few months. It makes me smile.  :)

Subject: Re: While I Was Gone

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/22/09 at 2:21 pm

you've certainly had more than your share of drama while you were gone.  glad you have George to help you get thru the stormy times. music has healing properties, to be sure.  you're due for some good stuff Rhonda

Written By: gemini on 07/22/09 at 4:08 pm

you've certainly had more than your share of drama while you were gone.   glad you have George to help you get thru the stormy times. music has healing properties, to be sure.  you're due for some good stuff Rhonda

That is so true about music having healing properties. It has gotten me through some crazy times.  I'm sure alot of other people can attest to that too. Other than drama, I did have some good things happen, just thought I'd put them down, it helps me realize not everything sucks right now!  :) Especially my new bike! It's so cute, the girls got it for me for mothers day, the same day Linz moved out. I guess she thought I wouldn't mind her leaving if she gave me a bike. Crazy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/09 at 5:02 pm

Welcome back, my friend. I've missed you. If you need to talk, you know where to find me.

Cat

Written By: gemini on 07/22/09 at 5:08 pm

Welcome back, my friend. I've missed you. If you need to talk, you know where to find me.

Cat

In that little box at the top of the page? hehe!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/22/09 at 5:35 pm

That is so true about music having healing properties. It has gotten me through some crazy times.  I'm sure alot of other people can attest to that too. Other than drama, I did have some good things happen, just thought I'd put them down, it helps me realize not everything sucks right now!  :) Especially my new bike! It's so cute, the girls got it for me for mothers day, the same day Linz moved out. I guess she thought I wouldn't mind her leaving if she gave me a bike. Crazy.
many good things did happen and sorry if I focused on the not so good.  ::)  the bike sounds fun. you should post a pic of you cruising on it. so the daughter that moved in and the one that moved out, is that the same one...the rock star daughter?

Written By: gemini on 07/22/09 at 5:44 pm

many good things did happen and sorry if I focused on the not so good.  ::)  the bike sounds fun. you should post a pic of you cruising on it. so the daughter that moved in and the one that moved out, is that the same one...the rock star daughter?

Yes, I will post of pic. Don't have one of me on it, but I have one of the bike. Yes, same daughter. She moved out on mothers day, it didn't work out with the girls she was staying with, so she moved back last week, which is just fine with me. Speaking of rock star, they actually got some awesome news. They are playing the Cincy stop on Warped Tour and they made an awesome video. They have 2 now. One is just one of them with some video footage they have taken over the past few years, it's a real fun one, the other was made at Ohio State by some film students and they did a great job. I will post the links if you would like to see them.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/09 at 5:45 pm

In that little box at the top of the page? hehe!

Or you could pick up the phone.

Cat

Written By: gemini on 07/22/09 at 5:57 pm

Or you could pick up the phone.

Cat

Oh yea!  ;)

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/22/09 at 7:29 pm

I hope things will get better for you.  :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/22/09 at 8:09 pm

Yes, I will post of pic. Don't have one of me on it, but I have one of the bike. Yes, same daughter. She moved out on mothers day, it didn't work out with the girls she was staying with, so she moved back last week, which is just fine with me. Speaking of rock star, they actually got some awesome news. They are playing the Cincy stop on Warped Tour and they made an awesome video. They have 2 now. One is just one of them with some video footage they have taken over the past few years, it's a real fun one, the other was made at Ohio State by some film students and they did a great job. I will post the links if you would like to see them.
heck yeah. video links of your daughter's band would be excellent and a pic of your new human powered 2 wheeler.

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/22/09 at 9:26 pm

That's a great attitude, Gemini.  You just keep plugging away and don't wallow in the bad stuff for too long.  I'd also love to see a clip of your daughter's band!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/22/09 at 11:03 pm

you poor thing...when it rains, it pours. :( If ya need to talk...I'm here.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/23/09 at 2:24 am

who you gonna call  ::)

Written By: ninny on 07/23/09 at 7:23 am

I hope everything works out for the best.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/23/09 at 10:51 am

who you gonna call  ::)

Ghostbusters?

Cat

Written By: Paul on 07/23/09 at 1:49 pm

So sorry to hear of your rough times, Rhonda... :(

I sure hope brighter episodes aren't too far away for you...HUG

Oh, and welcome back!  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 07/23/09 at 3:00 pm

I echo Paul's sentiments, Rhonda!  I truly hope things 'turn around' and start improving for you soon!  I've really missed having you here! (HUGS)

Written By: gemini on 07/23/09 at 4:17 pm

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.  I knew coming back here would cheer me up. You guys are the best!  :) I've kinda been a bum all week, but have put tons of applications in online and emailed my resume' to alot of different places.  I can't think of a time when I didn't have a job. It's very scary. As for the other thing, I'll be ok, I have my girls to help me through. So, enough of my wallowing in self pity. I'm movin' on! Oh yea, here are the links for the videos of my daughters band. Take a look, and if you like, tell your friends. Any help getting the word out is much appreciated!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLJgHLYhodk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAT-UDKbgk

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/23/09 at 7:11 pm

Fresh and adorable! 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/23/09 at 10:56 pm

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.  I knew coming back here would cheer me up. You guys are the best!  :) I've kinda been a bum all week, but have put tons of applications in online and emailed my resume' to alot of different places.  I can't think of a time when I didn't have a job. It's very scary. As for the other thing, I'll be ok, I have my girls to help me through. So, enough of my wallowing in self pity. I'm movin' on! Oh yea, here are the links for the videos of my daughters band. Take a look, and if you like, tell your friends. Any help getting the word out is much appreciated!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLJgHLYhodk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAT-UDKbgk
the videos are awesome. I love the ending of the first song because the one girl is playing a kazoo  8)  the girls are really good. they must be having a blast and you must be real proud  :)  thanks for sharing

Written By: gemini on 07/24/09 at 5:47 am

the videos are awesome. I love the ending of the first song because the one girl is playing a kazoo  8)  the girls are really good. they must be having a blast and you must be real proud  :)  thanks for sharing

Hehe! Yea, that's my girl playing the kazoo.  ;D Thanks for watching.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/24/09 at 7:51 am

Good Stuff!

Written By: Gis on 07/24/09 at 1:27 pm

Great Stuff from the daughter!

Sorry your year has been so crappy. Where do I find you on Facebook??

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/12/09 at 1:58 pm

Gemini

My year was sour lemons. I had to leave here too because of pressure of ranting about my life and putting myself down (which I don't want to talk about unless it's a personal letter).

There's also a inthe00s.com page on Facebook and feel free to add me on as a friend. (I'm the one with the guinea pig on it).

Written By: Henk on 08/13/09 at 1:05 pm

Yay! Good to have you back, Rhonda! :)

Sorry to hear about your hardship. Wish I could do something to help.  :( Oh, well... here's some karma.

I'll have a listen to your daughter's band in a minute.

Written By: Henk on 08/13/09 at 1:16 pm

I'll have a listen to your daughter's band in a minute.

That was some great stuff. :) Now if only I had some contacts in the music industry...

Check for new replies or respond here...