inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your Phobia?

Written By: Red Ant on 08/24/09 at 11:56 pm

I think most of us have them. Fears of public speaking, riding in airplanes, spiders, etc. What are yours?

Me, I don't like public speaking, but I don't think it's a fear: I just feel uncomfortable doing it, but I can do it.

I'm allergic to poison ivy, but I don't fear it either. I have this, I guess:

Cnidophobia- Fear of stings.

I was weed-eating the yard today, when I felt a sharp pain in my forearm. I thought the nylon line had caught a piece of debris and hurled it at 150mph into my skin, but that just smarts, maybe leaves a bruise. This was more a sting, and looking around I didn't see anything, but still dropped the weed-eater in place and hauled tail out of the area thinking there was a ground nest nearby.

I'm not afraid of bees, even bumble bees, but I get panicky a bit around wasps, and really hate yellow jackets and their smaller, just-as-painful-cousins, ground bees. I saw one of those enormous hornets a few weeks ago and thought I was gonna have a heart attack right there.

My wife's phobia is spiders. She freaks out even seeing them on tv, or us even mentioning the word "spider".

Passing thought:

FDR said the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. What is the proper name for the fear of fear?  ;D

Ant

Subject: Re: What is your Phobia?

Written By: Brian06 on 08/25/09 at 12:02 am

Most insects freak me out. Not a good public speaker either.

Written By: ladybug316 on 08/25/09 at 12:16 am

The dentist.  It's not your average fear either, like "this person is using power tools in my mouth - ouch!"  I will actually nightmare about it up until the day of my appointment and then have a bad stomach for a few days after.  It's so awful.  I'm really trying not to pass this fear along to my 6 year old because I know it's not healthy, so I pretend like it's all fine, even though I'm almost having a panic attack in the waiting room and the appointment isn't even for me  :(

I also have a fear of heights (although I have no problem flying).

Written By: Frank on 08/25/09 at 12:57 am

Insects  8-P
I don't like insects, any insects. It's worse if they fly though.

If people go camping in the woods, I don't go.

I'm OK with dentists (I almost fall asleep sometimes in the chair)  and public speaking ( I have spoken before in front of 100s of people)

Written By: Jessica on 08/25/09 at 1:46 am

HA.  Where do you want me to start? :D

Written By: Bobo on 08/25/09 at 3:55 am

FDR said the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. What is the proper name for the fear of fear?  ;D

Phobophobia!

Written By: Bobo on 08/25/09 at 3:55 am

Me, I have a fear of palindromes. Aibohphobia.

Written By: Davester on 08/25/09 at 11:14 am

Hey that's the same thing backwards..!

I'm with Ant on the stings, but much worse.  Two of my most vivid childhood memories involve getting stung under my clothing.  Once in grade school a bee got down the back of my shirt while a pal and I were shuffling down the street.  I felt tickling and asked him to check it out.  Stung me on the back and nim on his finger.  Must not have been a honeybee because they sting once, then die, right..? 

Second time in jr. high out in the field by an old corn crib.  I must've been standing directly over a bumblebee's nest.  They came out of the ground and directly up my pant leg.  Also down the back of my shirt.  I went screaming accross the field ripping my clothes off...

Today I cannot stand the sight or sound of any flying, stinging insect - bees, wasps, hornets, horseflies, &etc.  I go into instant panic mode, and I mean panic.  Anytime they're around in numbers I instinctively grab my shirt collar and pull it tight around my neck.  Landing on my arm is one thing, but under my clothing...feeling that distinctive tickle under my t-shirt...is genuine terror...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/09 at 11:37 am

I think most of us have them. Fears of public speaking, riding in airplanes, spiders, etc. What are yours?

Me, I don't like public speaking, but I don't think it's a fear: I just feel uncomfortable doing it, but I can do it.

I'm allergic to poison ivy, but I don't fear it either. I have this, I guess:

Cnidophobia- Fear of stings.

I was weed-eating the yard today, when I felt a sharp pain in my forearm. I thought the nylon line had caught a piece of debris and hurled it at 150mph into my skin, but that just smarts, maybe leaves a bruise. This was more a sting, and looking around I didn't see anything, but still dropped the weed-eater in place and hauled tail out of the area thinking there was a ground nest nearby.

I'm not afraid of bees, even bumble bees, but I get panicky a bit around wasps, and really hate yellow jackets and their smaller, just-as-painful-cousins, ground bees. I saw one of those enormous hornets a few weeks ago and thought I was gonna have a heart attack right there.

My wife's phobia is spiders. She freaks out even seeing them on tv, or us even mentioning the word "spider".

Passing thought:

FDR said the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. What is the proper name for the fear of fear?  ;D

Ant

I hear ya. A week ago today, I was stung TWICE by a couple of yellow jackets. It is STILL red & itchy (but the redness is subsiding). Carlos was also stung but his wasn't as bad-and he had the stinger still in his. I think I just have a reaction to them that borderlines on being allergic-but never ended up in the hospital though. I also have a reaction to misquotes, too. I am trying to get over my fear of bees by taking photos of them. But with yellow jackets, I run the other way.

I have a phobia of flying, & I have an acute case of "Needle-itis." 

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 08/25/09 at 11:41 am

lol.

Bobophobia = fear of Bobo!

Davester, I used to be much more phobic of flying, stinging insects. That comes directly from an incident I had ~25 years ago, when I was wandering the woods at Outdoor World. I stepped on a ground nest of either European or Japanese Hornets (the ones that are the size of your thumb), and got stung numerous times in the back and hand. It looked and felt like I was attacked by an ice pick - those bastards leave a puncture wound! The only good things about giant hornets are that they are fairly rare here and highly audible - I swear they are louder than hummingbirds, just at a lower frequency.

Despite numerous wasps flying around, I was able to finish the siding on the house a month ago. Still, I had two cans of Raid at the ready, and used it on those that came too close to me.

Jess, start wherever you'd like.  :D

Ant

Written By: Red Ant on 08/25/09 at 11:50 am

I hear ya. A week ago today, I was stung TWICE by a couple of yellow jackets. It is STILL red & itchy (but the redness is subsiding). Carlos was also stung but his wasn't as bad-and he had the stinger still in his. I think I just have a reaction to them that borderlines on being allergic-but never ended up in the hospital though. I also have a reaction to misquotes, too. I am trying to get over my fear of bees by taking photos of them. But with yellow jackets, I run the other way.

Cat

misquotes?  ;)

Yellow jackets make me ill too - lightheadedness, dizziness and nausea for an hour or so.

Needles don't bother me, but I have to watch them do it - weird, huh?

I think the funniest phobias I've seen belong to my aunt and her friend. One is afraid of mice, the other snakes. They live on a farm, which of course attracts plenty of both. Whenever one runs across the critter which they fear, she calls the other one to dispatch of it. Of course, as Murphy's Law would have it, the one who is afraid of snakes always finds the snakes, and the one of mice the mice.

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/09 at 12:09 pm

misquotes?  ;)

Yellow jackets make me ill too - lightheadedness, dizziness and nausea for an hour or so.

Needles don't bother me, but I have to watch them do it - weird, huh?

I think the funniest phobias I've seen belong to my aunt and her friend. One is afraid of mice, the other snakes. They live on a farm, which of course attracts plenty of both. Whenever one runs across the critter which they fear, she calls the other one to dispatch of it. Of course, as Murphy's Law would have it, the one who is afraid of snakes always finds the snakes, and the one of mice the mice.

Ant

I should have clarified. I'm not AFRAID of misquotes-I have a reaction to them. The bites are REALLY HUGE and they stay for days. And of course they love me. I guess I have sweet blood or something.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/09 at 12:38 pm

Oy I think everyone here pretty much knows them but

flying
mice
frogs
snakes
and a huge fear of someone touching me with their foot...that's why I don't like to be around people not wearing real shoes. Totally stresses me out

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/25/09 at 1:16 pm

misquotes?  ;)

Ant

I'm assuming she means mosquitoes and the spell-checker she uses always changes it to the word "misquotes".  lol

I have a few phobias myself.

Dentists and I really get nervous in Doctor's appointments too (which raises my blood pressure so they think it's ALWAYS really high) lol

Crowds I dislike, although I'm trying to overcome that one.

I'm pretty afraid of people getting angry at me and yelling at me.  I can't explain that one. 

Spiders, I don't like them, but I won't squish them since I don't like to harm any living thing.  So I get hubby to catch them and take them outside for me.

Not a big fan of snakes or rats or ferrets (even pet ones). 

Scared to death of praying mantis.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/09 at 1:35 pm

I'm assuming she means mosquitoes and the spell-checker she uses always changes it to the word "misquotes".  lol

Oh man, I didn't even noticed my faux pas.  :-[  You are right, the spell check came up with "misquotes" and I didn't even noticed. Yes, I mean MOSQUITOES!!

Cat

Written By: Tam on 08/25/09 at 3:23 pm

Germs.

It has actually just started to progress over the past couple of years.
I am a constant hand washer, I use Lysol on all of my door handles, to include cupboards, fridge, stove, taps etc. I also spray it all over the remotes for the tv's, light switches, washing machine and dryer knobs etc. Whenever I touch something when I am out, I immediately use my hand sanitizer. I carry at least 4 mini sanitizer bottles with me at all times and leep a large one in the kitchen. I love bleach and use it everywhere! When Nasty has a cold, or I have a cold, I use the Lysol all over the bed sheets and pillows! When The Son wants to share some cookies or chips or anything that he has to reach his hands into, I freak out until I know he has washed his hands! It drives him nuts! When I buy anything new ie. clothing, I have to thoroughly wash it before I can even wear it! If I have to try it on in the store, afterwards I use my hand sanitizer anywhere the clothing touched me! Using the public restroom is a whole other story!!!

Now, I am not as bad as say Howie Mandell, Howard Hughes or Donald Trump - but I cannot stand the thought of there being germs on my hands or near my face. (Sad really, because I still smoke. Go figure!)

I actually just researched it a bit because of this thread, and it turns out that Germ Phobia can be attributed to OCD. I guess that means that I am OC. I know exactly when I started to become 'anal' - Nasty's first deployment. But the whole germ thing didn't kick in until about 2 years ago. I just can't stand the thought of someone elses germs getting anywhere near me!

Gah!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/09 at 4:06 pm

My BIGGEST fear is losing Carlos.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/09 at 4:07 pm

Oh man, I didn't even noticed my faux pas.  :-[  You are right, the spell check came up with "misquotes" and I didn't even noticed. Yes, I mean MOSQUITOES!!

Cat

to be fair you have a thing about misquotes too or people not reading quotes fully....okay its not a phobia but a terrible annoyance  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/09 at 4:10 pm

Germs.

I am a constant hand washer, I use Lysol on all of my door handles, to include cupboards, fridge, stove, taps etc. I also spray it all over the remotes for the tv's, light switches, washing machine and dryer knobs etc. Whenever I touch something when I am out, I immediately use my hand sanitizer. I carry at least 4 mini sanitizer bottles with me at all times and leep a large one in the kitchen. I love bleach and use it everywhere! When Nasty has a cold, or I have a cold, I use the Lysol all over the bed sheets and pillows! When The Son wants to share some cookies or chips or anything that he has to reach his hands into, I freak out until I know he has washed his hands! It drives him nuts! When I buy anything new ie. clothing, I have to thoroughly wash it before I can even wear it! If I have to try it on in the store, afterwards I use my hand sanitizer anywhere the clothing touched me! Using the public restroom is a whole other story!!!

Now, I am not as bad as say Howie Mandell, Howard Hughes or Donald Trump - but I cannot stand the thought of there being germs on my hands or near my face. (Sad really, because I still smoke. Go figure!)

I actually just researched it a bit because of this thread, and it turns out that Germ Phobia can be attributed to OCD. I guess that means that I am OC. I know exactly when I started to become 'anal' - Nasty's first deployment. But the whole germ thing didn't kick in until about 2 years ago. I just can't stand the thought of someone elses germs getting anywhere near me!

Gah!

that's my thing too but i'm like a germaphobe who's a total slob! I have no issue what-so-ever with my own germs but I cannot stand other peoples. I don't want people using my earphones or cell phone.

I constantly clean the phone, keyboard, light switches  and door handles at work

I will not take candy from a community candy dish, I don't eat out of the same popcorn or chip bag as other people I absolutely abhor birthday cake. I haven't had birthday cake in years.... not if it has candles on it.  8-P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/09 at 4:11 pm

to be fair you have a thing about misquotes too or people not reading quotes fully....okay its not a phobia but a terrible annoyance  ;)

Yup-and we know who you are talking about.  ;)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/09 at 4:13 pm

Yup-and we know who you are talking about.  ;)

Cat

well its not like I was trying to be cryptic or anything  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 08/25/09 at 4:18 pm

Kokopelli

I don't know why, but the first time I saw the image it it made me real real uncomfortable, I didn't know what it was or what it meant but it was instant, and primal.  I don't know why.

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/09 at 4:21 pm

Kokopelli

I don't know why, but the first time I saw the image it it made me real real uncomfortable, I didn't know what it was or what it meant but it was instant, and primal.  I don't know why.

I had to look it up  :-[   but now I know what you're talking about.

I used to like it but now it has a negative association for me so I don't like it anymore.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/25/09 at 4:30 pm

The dentist.  It's not your average fear either, like "this person is using power tools in my mouth - ouch!"  I will actually nightmare about it up until the day of my appointment and then have a bad stomach for a few days after.  It's so awful.  I'm really trying not to pass this fear along to my 6 year old because I know it's not healthy, so I pretend like it's all fine, even though I'm almost having a panic attack in the waiting room and the appointment isn't even for me  :(

My wife has the same proplem, so much in fact that she absolutely refused to see a dentist. We finally found a dentist that works with
sedation. The only way to get her to go is if they knock her out.

Kokopelli

I don't know why, but the first time I saw the image it it made me real real uncomfortable, I didn't know what it was or what it meant but it was instant, and primal.  I don't know why.

It must have been tough when Adagio first signed up, she used the image as her avatar.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/25/09 at 5:04 pm

It must have been tough when Adagio first signed up, she used the image as her avatar.

It was, and I mentioned it and she changed it.  I don't know if my mentioning it was what caused the change, but I did breathe easier

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/25/09 at 5:07 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulrophobia

Never, ever take me to a circus.

Written By: Frank on 08/25/09 at 5:47 pm

My BIGGEST fear is losing Carlos.
Cat

I understand.  :(

Written By: Jessica on 08/25/09 at 10:37 pm

Life. :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/25/09 at 10:48 pm

sharks
large objects in the sky (planes, blimps, hot air balloons, etc)
heights
clowns
sunflowers (because they are so friggin tall)

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/25/09 at 11:09 pm

Insects
Public speaking
Helium balloons

Written By: Davester on 08/26/09 at 12:16 am

Germs.

Gah!

But a phobia is an irrational fear.  Taking steps to ensure you don't get sick sounds perfectly reasonable.  I don't know anyone who actually wants to get sick.  It doesn't sound like you're a compulsive hand washer who comes close to scrubbing the skin right off of their hands...

Written By: danootaandme on 08/26/09 at 6:11 am

Dying is easy, it's living that scares me to death - Annie Lennox

Written By: Tam on 08/26/09 at 11:50 am

that's my thing too but i'm like a germaphobe who's a total slob! I have no issue what-so-ever with my own germs but I cannot stand other peoples. I don't want people using my earphones or cell phone.

I constantly clean the phone, keyboard, light switches  and door handles at work

I will not take candy from a community candy dish, I don't eat out of the same popcorn or chip bag as other people I absolutely abhor birthday cake. I haven't had birthday cake in years.... not if it has candles on it.   8-P

Right - I understand about being a slob in our own place. My bedroom is nearly always a write off! I don't eat cake anyway, so it has never bothered my with birthday cakes and such. :D ;D

Written By: Tam on 08/26/09 at 11:54 am

But a phobia is an irrational fear.  Taking steps to ensure you don't get sick sounds perfectly reasonable.  I don't know anyone who actually wants to get sick.  It doesn't sound like you're a compulsive hand washer who comes close to scrubbing the skin right off of their hands...

Right! And of course my skin isn't about to wash off! ;D
I do get chapped hands in the winter because I wash so much, but I just can't being bring myself to NOT wash my hands.

I think an issue I have right now is swine flu.
The idea of it and the threat of it has elevated my desire to wash my hands and disinfect things. I am not afraid to get sick per se. because I have allergies and I get the sniffles and regular viruses, I just don't like the idea of other things - like bacterial infections and such. I am bizarre I think. lol

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/26/09 at 1:55 pm

sunflowers (because they are so friggin tall)

Wow!  This is the first time I've heard of someone being afraid of sunflowers!  :o

I love them and think they're beautiful!  :)

My biggest phobia is centipedes

They move so damn quickly and they have a nasty bite!  :P

Written By: Paul on 08/26/09 at 2:24 pm

I never knew they bit, young Karen!  :o

Mind you, I suppose in your climate, you probably get more weird and wonderful species than the ones I see...

The ones I see just shift along quite sharpish...with that amount of legs, I suppose they would!  :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/26/09 at 2:40 pm

I never knew they bit, young Karen!  :o

You'd better believe it!  :o

One time my father-in-law was trying to kill one and he stepped on it while wearing flip-flops...but apparently he only stepped on the back half and the thing whipped around and got him on the big toe!

It swelled a bit and he said it was sore for a few days...but that was about it!

There is, however, some variety of centipede whose bite can have fatal consequences...

I don't remember where they live, but I saw it on some Discovery channel show a while back! 

Written By: ninny on 08/26/09 at 4:00 pm

Heights and falling have always been two biggies for me, but recently I think dying has been on my mind.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/26/09 at 9:33 pm

Wow!  This is the first time I've heard of someone being afraid of sunflowers!  :o

I love them and think they're beautiful!  :)

hahaah..yes, I can barely look at them without getting chills. LOL!

Written By: Step-chan on 08/27/09 at 12:54 pm

Cat

I remember being stung twice by a yellow jacket years ago. I guess they can sting more than once.(And boy does it hurt)

Written By: Step-chan on 08/27/09 at 12:58 pm

Kokopelli

Had to look that up.

I don't know.... Maybe it's just me, but fear didn't come to mind.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/27/09 at 1:05 pm

I used to have a fear of the Garbage Pail Kids when I was young. Nows it's just decayed into a dislike of them.

About as close as I get to a phobia nowadays is electrical powered bladed tools.

Seeing them doesn't scare me on there own... But nobody could ever get me to use any.(Which is a reason I'm glad I didn't have to take shop class to graduate)

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/27/09 at 7:08 pm

I've only seen pictures of centipedes, but it would be another thing that would make me scream and run away if I ever actually saw one!  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/09 at 12:00 pm

I used to be afraid of Japanese beetles. Two of my sisters used to tease me merciless with them. I had gotten over my fear of them. Last year, my sisters were laughing how they used to tease me. I ask them if they knew WHY I was afraid of them. When I was a kid, I went swimming in a friend's pool-that wasn't exactly the cleanest pool. There were Japanese beetles everywhere. After swimming under water, I learned that I had some beetles in my hair. It totally freaked me out-which is why I developed a phobia of them. When I told my sisters this, they both said (at the same time) "EWWWWW". It was at that point that they realized WHY I was afraid of them. Now, I take photos like this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3658/3749657418_0dfc53aae4_m.jpg

You can see more of my Japanese beetle bug porn on my Flickr account-link is on my sig line. (Yes, another shameless plug.  :D ;D ;D ;D )

Cat

Written By: Frank on 08/28/09 at 1:54 pm

I used to be afraid of Japanese beetles. Two of my sisters used to tease me merciless with them. I had gotten over my fear of them. Last year, my sisters were laughing how they used to tease me. I ask them if they knew WHY I was afraid of them. When I was a kid, I went swimming in a friend's pool-that wasn't exactly the cleanest pool. There were Japanese beetles everywhere. After swimming under water, I learned that I had some beetles in my hair. It totally freaked me out-which is why I developed a phobia of them. When I told my sisters this, they both said (at the same time) "EWWWWW". It was at that point that they realized WHY I was afraid of them. Now, I take photos like this:

You can see more of my Japanese beetle bug porn on my Flickr account-link is on my sig line. (Yes, another shameless plug.  :D ;D ;D ;D )

Cat

Here's a photo of the Beatles in Japan. Are you OK with that?  ;)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2290/2188903259_ac2b338eb3.jpg

I hate bugs!!!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/28/09 at 2:09 pm

Cat

ROFL!  ;D ;)

Written By: Paul on 08/28/09 at 2:31 pm

Tsk! Some folks have no shame!  :P

Don't look, Ethel...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/09 at 4:15 pm

Tsk! Some folks have no shame!  :P

Don't look, Ethel...

You should see the ones of the managĂ© a trois.  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 08/28/09 at 5:10 pm

You should see the ones of the managĂ© a trois.  :o :o :o

Cat

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE!

I'm not sure how we went from phobias to insect porn, but it's all good!  ;D

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/09 at 5:26 pm

I'm not sure how we went from phobias to insect porn, but it's all good!  ;D

Ant

My fault.  :-[ :-[  I find any reason to plug my Flickr account.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/28/09 at 6:00 pm

My fault.  :-[ :-[  I find any reason to plug my Flickr account.

Cat

yes you do!  ;D

Written By: wildcard on 10/18/09 at 3:38 pm

normal people

Written By: Christie Marie M on 12/25/09 at 1:53 pm

Pyrophobia- fear of fire. (Though I eventually cook sometimes).

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/26/09 at 11:48 am

I'm afraid of Mike Tyson.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/04/10 at 9:59 pm

Snakes is the biggest generally-recognized "phobia" I have.  Ophidiophobia is what they call it.  I've lived in New England all my life where we have relatively few snakes and you have to go looking for them.  The only snakes we have in this region that you need to beware of for venom are rattlesnakes (rare) and copperheads (rarer still).  I think some people are just born with it. 

The more distressing phobias I have are to certain foods, especially vegetables, owing to early traumas.  This not only is detrimental to my health, but it is socially awkward as well.  It's not the general distaste many people have for vegetables, such as cucumbers, fresh tomatoes, and boiled spinach, but a terrible gustatory/gastric repulsion provoking emesis.  Thus, I do not mean to be rude to hosts if I cannot clean my plate, but they wouldn't want to see the results if I tried! 
:o

I thought these phobias would abate with age.  They have somewhat, but not nearly as much as I would like.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/05/10 at 6:13 am

My phobia is people knowing my phobia

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/05/10 at 1:25 pm

My newest phobia is slipping and falling on snowy and icy sidewalk pavements.  I think I've seen too many cold case shows where people have cracked their head open, falling to the pavement and bleeding to death.  Of course it's usually after someone has already stabbed them that they are falling, but still... don't want to hit my head... It might knock some sense into me.  :D

Written By: karen on 01/06/10 at 12:48 pm

My newest phobia is slipping and falling on snowy and icy sidewalk pavements.  I think I've seen too many cold case shows where people have cracked their head open, falling to the pavement and bleeding to death.  Of course it's usually after someone has already stabbed them that they are falling, but still... don't want to hit my head... It might knock some sense into me.   :D

Stabilicers/Yaktrax  or something similar.  I have Stabilicers and can walk down ours teepish driveway with no problems.  And they only fasten with velcro so you can easily slip them off when they are not needed.

Written By: karen on 01/06/10 at 1:03 pm

http://photobucket.com/albums/v486/_tempestuous/c_bs/cartoons/beetlejuice.jpg

It's SHOWTIME!!!!

:D

(Just noticed the watermark in the corner)

I don't see the image just a message about the link being wrong  :-\\

Written By: Step-chan on 01/06/10 at 1:06 pm

I don't see the image just a message about the link being wrong  :-\\

I see it...

The funny thing is that's it's from Photobucket.

I'll try to find another one.

Written By: karen on 01/06/10 at 1:09 pm

I see it...

It's in your cache or something

It says "Oops!  Your image was linked incorrectly, please visit your account for the correct link."

Written By: Step-chan on 01/06/10 at 1:12 pm

It's in your cache or something

It says "Oops!  Your image was linked incorrectly, please visit your account for the correct link."

That popped up when I edited it with www's at the front, although I didn't save it that way. I'll go back and fix that, I must be missing part of the person's link.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/06/10 at 1:20 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/_tempestuous/c_bs/cartoons/beetlejuice.jpg

It's SHOWTIME!!!!

:D

(Just noticed the watermark in the corner)

Edit: Removed my previous post due to a previous problem.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/07/10 at 1:10 am

Stabilicers/Yaktrax  or something similar.  I have Stabilicers and can walk down ours teepish driveway with no problems.  And they only fasten with velcro so you can easily slip them off when they are not needed.

I'll have to look for them now that I live in hill country.  I haven't bought shoes/boots in years.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/10 at 12:39 am

My phobia is waking up in the sack next to Sarah Palin. 

Okay, you guys can laff at me, but it happens more offen than peeple think!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nervous.gif

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/10 at 10:39 am

My phobia is waking up in the sack next to Sarah Palin. 

Okay, you guys can laff at me, but it happens more offen than peeple think!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nervous.gif

and mine is that she will be Prez in  2010 

Oh the horror of it all!!!

Written By: Mushroom on 01/15/10 at 7:40 pm

Coprastasophobia

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/10 at 4:17 pm

Coprastasophobia

No sh*t?

???

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/10 at 5:39 pm

No sh*t?

???

;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/17/10 at 2:43 pm

When I was in kindergarten, a boy named Russell Ravarino threw a katydid in my hair, and I have been terrified of any kind of big green bug ever since.  It scarred me for life.  Once I went outside to get on my bike, and there was a praying mantis on the handle bars, and I wouldn't ride it for weeks because I was so afraid it had laid eggs and they would hatch while I was going down the street.  I also hate big bugs like beetles and cockroaches.  It creeps me out just typing about them.  

Normally, if I even see a picture of a praying mantis, I have to hurry and look away, but the other day, someone sent me one of those emails with like 30 beautiful pictures, and one of them was a praying mantis standing on two legs with it's wings all spread, and I forced myself to sit and stare at it for a minute.  It scared the crap out of me, but I'm trying really hard to grow up!

As for all the people that are afraid of bugs that sting, I feel you.  I ran over some sort of stinging nest with a lawnmower once, and got attacked.  It was horrible.  And another time a horsefly bit me twice when I was camping.  I think that hurt the very worst of all.  Those things are bastards!!!

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/10 at 11:16 pm

When I was in kindergarten, a boy named Russell Ravarino threw a katydid in my hair, and I have been terrified of any kind of big green bug ever since.  It scarred me for life.  Once I went outside to get on my bike, and there was a praying mantis on the handle bars, and I wouldn't ride it for weeks because I was so afraid it had laid eggs and they would hatch while I was going down the street.  I also hate big bugs like beetles and cockroaches.  It creeps me out just typing about them.  

Normally, if I even see a picture of a praying mantis, I have to hurry and look away, but the other day, someone sent me one of those emails with like 30 beautiful pictures, and one of them was a praying mantis standing on two legs with it's wings all spread, and I forced myself to sit and stare at it for a minute.  It scared the crap out of me, but I'm trying really hard to grow up!

As for all the people that are afraid of bugs that sting, I feel you.  I ran over some sort of stinging nest with a lawnmower once, and got attacked.  It was horrible.  And another time a horsefly bit me twice when I was camping.  I think that hurt the very worst of all.  Those things are bastards!!!

this whole post is giving me the hee bee jee bees...... ew beees!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/21/10 at 3:17 pm

8-P
Food going bad.  I had to get rid of some sour milk today and I practically got sick.  I was like, jeez, it's just gone bad, it's not like you're going to drink it or something, just dump it.  The smell isn't going to poison you!  And yet, I went so far as to walk around back and dump it out in the snow!  I didn't even wanna look at it! It was like a total freakout for me.  It's just one of those weird things I do!

Written By: Fairee07 on 01/22/10 at 7:46 pm

Dentists, medical doctors, or just any medical procedure:  and I know it's stupid because I'm playing with fire, but I don't have a family physician all because I'm procrastinating...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/10 at 5:28 am

Dentists, medical doctors, or just any medical procedure:  and I know it's stupid because I'm playing with fire, but I don't have a family physician all because I'm procrastinating...

I'm going for a full panel of blood work today.  I had a physical last week, but I put off the blood work because you have to fast the night before.  Getting palpated, prodded, stuck with needles, and asked a boatload of questions isn't pleasant, but I can deal with it.  What I hate is doctors/dentists telling me I must obtain care I cannot afford.  I have pes planus, so I require prescription orthotics, but they're expensive as hell and Blue Cross won't cover the scrip.  Same with all the dental work I need done.  It's not phobia so much as anxiety and frustration.

My brother has bona-fide iatrophobia (fear of medical professionals and medical facilities), which I did not know until a couple of years ago. 

I remember he was sick a lot in childhood.  He had a heart murmur, an inner ear problem, and a mild case of Marfan syndrome, so he had to go for all these special tests and check-ups, which other kids didn't have to deal with.  I think he internalized a lot of the austerity imposed on his conditions by the grownups in his life.  He got to feel ashamed of himself as though it was his fault.  He was a normal kid with slight physical limitations.  He played in little league, horsed around and all that, but he was more susceptible to injury and fatigue. 

When he was nine years old he caught a case of pneumonia that nearly killed him.  It was a rare case of double bacterial/double viral pneumonia.  I seem to remember him being in the hospital for about two weeks and then needing all kinds of medicines and repeated returns to the hospital after he was released. That was a pretty scary time for everybody.  I was about fourteen then.  I remember overhearing my stepmother say something to my dad about "potential liver failure" and just feeling helpless.  We all did.  Once again though, I think Stu internalized it as shame, as a result of something he did wrong.  He got well in the end.

In adulthood, he found himself uninsurable because of his medical history, which brought up a lot of the old feelings that it was his fault.  Thus, he didn't have anything to do with doctors for years because, even when he could pay out of pocket, the whole thing gave him such a sense of dread and resentment, he just preferred to live with whatever discomfort he was having.  Now he is on his wife's insurance, but it still took several months of his wife coaching him and reassuring him it would be okay to get a check-up for him to be able to go to the doctor again.  He didn't tell me about his iatrophobia until he was engaged.  You'd think he would be relieved he was going to be able to get on his wife's policy, but it was actually making him nervous.  She didn't understand why until he told her about the stuff that happened in the past.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/25/10 at 2:35 pm

8-P
Food going bad.  I had to get rid of some sour milk today and I practically got sick.  I was like, jeez, it's just gone bad, it's not like you're going to drink it or something, just dump it.  The smell isn't going to poison you!  And yet, I went so far as to walk around back and dump it out in the snow!  I didn't even wanna look at it! It was like a total freakout for me.  It's just one of those weird things I do!

Well now you have smelly snow!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/10 at 3:03 pm

Well now you have smelly snow!   ;D

We've had about two inches of rain since this morning.  It's all washed away.  I only hope the basement doesn't flood.
::)

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/07/13 at 7:29 pm

Melanophobia - or fear of the color black.

I think this fear started when I was just between 4 and 6 years old. I remember looking into a 3D view master without the slides, and there was a white screen with this black object inside...it scared me so much! These days, whenever I see anything with a black pattern(carpet, rugs, even animals underwater, stingrays, eels), I pretty much go into shock.

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/13 at 10:39 pm

I think this fear started when I was just between 4 and 6 years old. I remember looking into a 3D view master without the slides, and there was a white screen with this black object inside...it scared me so much! These days, whenever I see anything with a black pattern(carpet, rugs, even animals underwater, stingrays, eels), I pretty much go into shock.

I didn't know this was a thing.

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/07/13 at 11:29 pm

I didn't know this was a thing.

I use to know someone who had a fear of chins! It's really strange, but there's actually a name for it too.

Written By: snozberries on 12/08/13 at 1:05 am

I use to know someone who had a fear of chins! It's really strange, but there's actually a name for it too.

Wow

Written By: Katluver on 12/08/13 at 1:58 pm

Don't have this fear, but I find black to be a depressing shade along with brown.

I'm going to be unoriginal by stating that my #1 phobia would be snakes...

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 12/08/13 at 2:07 pm

Being struck by lightning...I CANNOT be outside during a lightning storm. I feel like a moving target, and it seems like a terrible way to die if you don't die instantly from it.

Written By: warped on 12/08/13 at 4:42 pm

I don't think I have any phobias...I know I dislike bugs, but if I see one, I usually just kill it (unless it's an ant, I let them live...  ;D)
Maybe I should ask my wife, she would know if I had any phobias.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/13 at 4:43 pm

How do you deal with this?

Written By: Howard on 12/08/13 at 4:43 pm

Wow! fear of chins? :o

Written By: Howard on 12/08/13 at 4:44 pm

Being struck by lightning...I CANNOT be outside during a lightning storm. I feel like a moving target, and it seems like a terrible way to die if you don't die instantly from it.

I hate the sound of thunder during the summertime.

Written By: warped on 12/08/13 at 4:47 pm

I hate the sound of thunder during the summertime.

I like lighting/thunder sounds in storms. I am "warped".

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 12/08/13 at 5:00 pm

A little bit of rolling thunder can actually be cozy (if I'm indoors!) but if it's super loud and violent it makes me nervous. I don't like severe weather in general.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/13 at 5:02 pm

I like lighting/thunder sounds in storms. I am "warped".

I don't like sound of thunder especially when it's loud. :o

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/08/13 at 6:42 pm

How do you deal with this?

Well, I don't deal with it most of the time thankfully. But when I do, I just use my breathing exercises when I panic, lol. It helps.

Written By: Katluver on 12/09/13 at 11:27 am

I don't think I have any phobias...I know I dislike bugs, but if I see one, I usually just kill it (unless it's an ant, I let them live...  ;D)

Even ladybugs?  ???

Written By: warped on 12/09/13 at 11:40 am

Even ladybugs?  ???

Oh, no I don't kill those, I usually guide those back outside. They are cute.

Written By: Katluver on 12/09/13 at 12:00 pm

You've got that right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8vUTm64h0

Written By: 80sfan on 12/09/13 at 7:51 pm

I don't have one phobia really. No, not really, but I am afraid of certain things.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/13 at 8:12 pm

Yes they are.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/13 at 8:13 pm

I don't have one phobia really. No, not really, but I am afraid of certain things.

what are you afraid of?

Written By: warped on 12/09/13 at 8:21 pm

Snow White dressed as a dominatrix?
Miley Cyrus twerking you?
Bruno Mars eating brussel sprouts?
Your parents dressed as KISS band members?
Running over to the closest Mcdonalds dressed as Tootsie and screaming  "I am the gatekeeper!"?
Swallowing 72 goldfish in 18 seconds?

(warped thinks he has made excellent guesses, but the karma warlock whacks warped in the head with a big fish)

Written By: Howard on 12/09/13 at 8:32 pm

Snow White dressed as a dominatrix?
Miley Cyrus twerking you?
Bruno Mars eating brussel sprouts?
Your parents dressed as KISS band members?
Running over to the closest Mcdonalds dressed as Tootsie and screaming  "I am the gatekeeper!"?
Swallowing 72 goldfish in 18 seconds?

(warped thinks he has made excellent guesses, but the karma warlock whacks warped in the head with a big fish)

;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/09/13 at 9:11 pm

Spiders
Flying
Death
Giant robots destroying our town (Sorry that's one that I made up. ;D)

Written By: Katluver on 12/09/13 at 10:11 pm

Spiders
Flying
Death
Giant robots destroying our town (Sorry that's one that I made up. ;D)

Since you mentioned robots, I had a dream a couple of years ago where the city sidewalks had people milling around...except most of them turned out to be robots. And I could tell because they went around with these blank expressions. In my dream, I was nervous about crossing paths with one.

Written By: nally on 12/09/13 at 11:30 pm

I can relate.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/10/13 at 12:02 am

Since you mentioned robots, I had a dream a couple of years ago where the city sidewalks had people milling around...except most of them turned out to be robots. And I could tell because they went around with these blank expressions. In my dream, I was nervous about crossing paths with one.

Oh my Kat! :( I didn't realize.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/13 at 8:04 am

Are you over your phobia?

Written By: Inertia on 12/10/13 at 8:07 am

I have phobias of many different types of insects; however, my two absolute worst phobias are of cockroaches and bees, wasps, and other flying stinging little nasties.

Written By: Katluver on 12/10/13 at 9:22 am

Are you over your phobia?

I think I can face robots but it was such a creepy dream.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/13 at 4:51 pm

I have phobias of many different types of insects; however, my two absolute worst phobias are of cockroaches and bees, wasps, and other flying stinging little nasties.

I hate when wasps or bees during the hot summer start flying into my window.

Written By: Katluver on 12/10/13 at 7:13 pm

I hate when wasps or bees during the hot summer start flying into my window.

You should invest in some screens.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/13 at 7:24 am

You should invest in some screens.

I might look into that.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/11/13 at 1:27 pm

s3Qy4K5zYKk

Wakko's extreme case of Coulrophobia.  He beats up the clown.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/13/13 at 7:39 pm

A lot.

--Heights (I had a traumatizing expiericne when I was 6 years old.)
--Elevators ( I was stuck on one at 19)
--Dogs (One chased me for 5 blocks when I was 8)
--Airplanes (After 9/11 any type of flight is just NOT going to happen to me.)
--Being a Failure (I want to make something of myself and have something to show for my life.)
--Being a Burden (After taking care of my parents and losing so much of my life, I would not want to be a burden on any human being. If I have a boyfriend/hubby/signifigant other, I would break up with/divorce him to avoid that and if I had a child, I would put myself away in a home to avoid ruin my son's/daughter's life.)
--The Bank (I am never pleased to be in the bank and live in constant fear of a robbery while there. And that I'll be shot in the back fleeing for my life. )

Written By: Tam on 12/13/13 at 10:27 pm

A lot.

--Heights (I had a traumatizing expiericne when I was 6 years old.)
--Elevators ( I was stuck on one at 19)
--Dogs (One chased me for 5 blocks when I was 8)
--Airplanes (After 9/11 any type of flight is just NOT going to happen to me.)
--Being a Failure (I want to make something of myself and have something to show for my life.)
--Being a Burden (After taking care of my parents and losing so much of my life, I would not want to be a burden on any human being. If I have a boyfriend/hubby/signifigant other, I would break up with/divorce him to avoid that and if I had a child, I would put myself away in a home to avoid ruin my son's/daughter's life.)
--The Bank (I am never pleased to be in the bank and live in constant fear of a robbery while there. And that I'll be shot in the back fleeing for my life. )

Ok, so I haven't exactly been around the boards all that much, other than to moderate (if I get it before Chucky) but OH MY GOSH Tiff... is there anything that has never happened to you??! ??? :-[

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/14/13 at 12:55 pm

Ok, so I haven't exactly been around the boards all that much, other than to moderate (if I get it before Chucky) but OH MY GOSH Tiff... is there anything that has never happened to you??! ??? :-good.

Written By: Howard on 12/14/13 at 5:58 pm

Being a Failure (I want to make something of myself and have something to show for my life.

I don't think this would be considered a phobia.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/14/13 at 8:45 pm

I don't think this would be considered a phobia.

Thank you Howard. I have always wanted to make my folks proud of me. By comparison to my half-siblings from my father, I'm the most normal one. And I have been told this. (I'll pause and let people catch thier breath at the idea of someone like that.I'm the normal one!!!) But I have ambitions. I want to move around and not just sit and look. I've done my fair share of that the last 4 years. I want to become a dental assistant, I want to work in a dental office, I want to finish my book and try to publish it. If that story doesn't fly, I have a story about some cops I want to write then. I'm restless and creative, I have alot I want to accomplish. I've even toyed with the idea of creating my own pageant system. I have faced my own mortality--more than once--and when they finally do shut that casket lid on me, I want people to say, "She did so much. She did this and that, and was nice..." I want good things said about me. I want to be somebody.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/23/13 at 7:08 pm

Dogphobia and catphobia

Written By: Howard on 12/23/13 at 7:47 pm

Dogphobia and catphobia

are you allergic to them?  ???

Written By: amjikloviet on 12/28/13 at 12:16 am

I once saw a story on TV about a man who got over his fear/phobia of fuzzy peaches. He did by collecting plastic coat hangers. Oh yeah...IN STYLE BABY!

Anyway, I think it was some kind of therapy with the coat hangers. Strange but true.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/14/16 at 6:59 am

Heights,  Anne Murray turning into the incredible hulk  and soy milk. 8-P  The Anne Murray thing is a reaccuring nightmare.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/16 at 7:29 am

Heights,  Anne Murray turning into the incredible hulk  and soy milk. 8-P  The Anne Murray thing is a reaccuring nightmare.

Why are you afraid of her?

Written By: 2001 on 05/14/16 at 1:47 pm

Spiders and many other bugs.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/14/16 at 2:16 pm

Big spiders, bees, wasps, hornets, and tall heights.

Written By: 2001 on 05/14/16 at 3:40 pm

Pretty much the worst nightmare I could have  :\'( (except the heights, I'm not afraid of heights for some reason)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/14/16 at 3:56 pm

Pretty much the worst nightmare I could have  :\'( (except the heights, I'm not afraid of heights for some reason)

Yeah. It would be a living hell having that as one of our dreams. I'm mostly afraid of tall heights because of rollercoasters.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/16 at 6:10 pm

I'm afraid of these three.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/14/16 at 8:10 pm

You don't like things that sting, do you?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/14/16 at 8:10 pm

I am afraid of heights, not excessively so though.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/15/16 at 10:40 am

Why are you afraid of her?

Weird reaccuring dream.  Really weird.  *shudders*

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/15/16 at 10:43 am

Yeah. Even though I'm not allergic to bees, I'm still afraid of them. It's just that I find them to be very scary near me, especially when they make that creepy buzz sound.

Written By: Howard on 05/15/16 at 3:38 pm

I'm afraid as well.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/16/16 at 9:14 am

I'm afraid as well.

I'm afraid of the ocean, but I like at the same time too.

Written By: Redhairkid on 05/16/16 at 10:00 am

People/Social Situations/Going Out
Childbirth (not that that's ever likely to happen)
Pain (I have an extremely low pain threshold)
Our ould mates wasps
Heights
People with really white blond hair and piercing blue eyes. I'm not denying they could be nice people but the look just freaks me out.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/16 at 10:26 am

I'm not afraid of heights-just afraid of falling from them.

Cat

Written By: nally on 05/16/16 at 10:38 am

I'm not afraid of heights-just afraid of falling from them.

Cat

I can relate.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/16/16 at 1:09 pm

I can relate.

Me too.

Written By: Howard on 05/16/16 at 3:12 pm

I'm afraid of the ocean, but I like at the same time too.

Are you afraid of entering a pool?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/16/16 at 6:52 pm

People/Social Situations/Going Out
Childbirth (not that that's ever likely to happen)
Pain (I have an extremely low pain threshold)
Our ould mates wasps
Heights
People with really white blond hair and piercing blue eyes. I'm not denying they could be nice people but the look just freaks me out.

So albinos kind of freak you out?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/17/16 at 1:21 am

Dying in a car wreck also scares me a little bit because yesterday my mother and I had some bitch almost sideswipe us because the silly twit was talking on her phone while she was driving, which is illegal in Ontario to drive without using a hands free device, instead of paying attention to the road.  :P

Written By: Redhairkid on 05/17/16 at 5:26 am

So albinos kind of freak you out?

Albinos have pink eyes which they hide behind dark glasses as they cannot cope with sunlight. They don't freak me out. The others (although I respect that one cannot help what one looks like) remind me of Nazi officers. Maybe I was a Holocaust victim in a previous life if you believe in such things.

Written By: Howard on 05/17/16 at 2:59 pm

Dying in a car wreck also scares me a little bit because yesterday my mother and I had some bitch almost sideswipe because the silly twit was talking on her phone while she was driving, which is illegal in Ontario to drive without using a hands free device, instead of paying attention to the road.  :P

that would be scary.  :o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/20/16 at 1:44 am

that would be scary.  :o

Yeah.  I was freaking out.  I was like "oh my god she almost hit us." "Oh my god she's talking on the phone! She's not allowed to do that!?"?  I always get freaked out and angry when people don't drive defensively.  :P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/20/16 at 6:31 am

Albinos have pink eyes which they hide behind dark glasses as they cannot cope with sunlight. They don't freak me out. The others (although I respect that one cannot help what one looks like) remind me of Nazi officers. Maybe I was a Holocaust victim in a previous life if you believe in such things.

I believe in reincarnation, but it's not like the albinos could harm you.

Written By: Redhairkid on 05/20/16 at 6:55 am

As I said, I don't fear albinos. Or it may be because I just don't find fair men attractive.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 05/20/16 at 9:28 am

As I said, I don't fear albinos. Or it may be because I just don't find fair men attractive.

So you just don't find fair men in general as attractive. I find it okay, even if you're kinda afraid with them.

Written By: Redhairkid on 05/20/16 at 1:30 pm

My ideal look is that exemplified by my avatar. He was 28 there and is now 64. He doesn't look like that any more but is still very attractive.

If I knew how to post an image I would post one of how he looks now.

Written By: Redhairkid on 05/20/16 at 1:37 pm

Did it! How he looks now at 64:

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Mb15dc25e9ebdccac88cd3320b4fb2575o1&pid=15.1&P=0&w=209&h=161

Still hot! At least I think so.

Written By: nally on 05/20/16 at 2:09 pm

Yeah.  I was freaking out.  I was like "oh my god she almost hit us." "Oh my god she's talking on the phone! She's not allowed to do that!?"?  I always get freaked out and angry when people don't drive defensively.  :P

I get angry too when I see that sorta thing.

Written By: Howard on 05/20/16 at 2:22 pm

I would be angry too.

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/16 at 3:00 pm

I might go skydiving later this summer. I'll try to get a video, for the pleasure of some people in this thread. ;) ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/22/16 at 3:17 pm

I might go skydiving later this summer. I'll try to get a video, for the pleasure of some people in this thread. ;) ;D

Is that a phobia of yours?

Written By: violet_shy on 06/16/16 at 4:14 pm

Well...

I have a fear of dark objects. When I was a kid, I looked into a view master without the slides, and there was this black hook inside. I don't know what it was exactly, but it scared me...A LOT! I don't think that is why I have this fear though, it has partly to do with it I guess.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/16 at 4:20 pm

roller coasters.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 12/19/16 at 8:20 pm

Permanency. I always like the option of being able to change something, whenever I wish.

Written By: 2001 on 12/19/16 at 10:12 pm

Spiders. Bye Australia! :P

Written By: nally on 12/19/16 at 10:16 pm

roller coasters.

I feel similarly. Especially about those that go upside down! I've never been on such a coaster in my life and I have no desire to.

Written By: 2001 on 12/19/16 at 10:31 pm

I feel similarly. Especially about those that go upside down! I've never been on such a coaster in my life and I have no desire to.

This video may or may not help, but it might make you understand how it works :D

yyDRI6iQ9Fw

Written By: annimal on 12/19/16 at 10:35 pm

I've never been on a roller coaster and don't want to.  I have no idea how my brain would start reacting.

Written By: nally on 12/19/16 at 10:57 pm

This video may or may not help, but it might make you understand how it works :D

Thanks; I even learned about it in physics class; if the coaster train goes fast enough (on the looping portions), it'll remain on the track and not fall off, due to the forces that kick in.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/19/16 at 11:09 pm

Sharp objects.  8-P  8-P

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 12/20/16 at 6:54 pm

Spiders. Bye Australia! :P

Spiders? We don't even have the biggest spiders in the world. :P Brazil does!

Written By: 80sfan on 12/21/16 at 12:17 am

Hearing scary stories around 3 in the morning. I always double check the doors if they're locked.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/16 at 3:28 pm

Hearing scary stories around 3 in the morning. I always double check the doors if they're locked.

and check for boogeymen?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/21/16 at 3:51 pm

and check for boogeymen?

Or monsters in the closet?

Written By: 2001 on 12/21/16 at 7:52 pm

Spiders? We don't even have the biggest spiders in the world. :P Brazil does!

I don't know what's more NOPEy, raining spiders, or spider webs everywhere.

Australia: Town covered in cobwebs

1UL8daaPTV0

Brazil: Raining spiders

6qpsQg9pWJo

Written By: annimal on 12/21/16 at 9:21 pm

Look like garden spiders

Written By: 80sfan on 12/21/16 at 10:13 pm

and check for boogeymen?

Unfortunately, yes.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/16 at 3:09 pm

Or monsters in the closet?

They're probably under the bed.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...