inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: For people who like Christmas only! What's your fav. thing about X-mas?

Written By: 80sfan on 12/06/09 at 8:21 pm

Snow!

Christmas cartoons.  ;D

Subject: Re: For people who like Christmas only! What's your fav. thing about X-mas?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/06/09 at 8:25 pm

Christmas cartoons, gingerbread houses, Christmas lights.

Subject: Re: For people who like Christmas only! What's your fav. thing about X-mas?

Written By: gibbo on 12/06/09 at 9:07 pm

I like to go to Church on Christmas Eve ....and sing the traditional carols. I like to wlak through the airconditioned shopping malls (it is always very hot here at Christmas) and listen to the 'Christmas tunes'.... :)  I DO like to catch up with my family on Christmas Day ...but for some reason always find social engagements/interaction stressful!  :-\\

Written By: gibbo on 12/06/09 at 9:09 pm

.....oh, and I love to watch the older style Christmas movies ...such as, Miracle on 34th Street and I'll Be Home for Christmas etc. But they only want to air the more modern movies (like The Santa Clause or The Grinch these days)... :-\\ >:(

Written By: Midas on 12/07/09 at 12:55 pm

Spending it with family :)

Written By: Jessica on 12/07/09 at 1:12 pm

.....oh, and I love to watch the older style Christmas movies ...such as, Miracle on 34th Street and I'll Be Home for Christmas etc. But they only want to air the more modern movies (like The Santa Clause or The Grinch these days)... :-\\ >:(

I hope you're talking about the sh*tty Jim Carrey movie and not the awesome cartoon Grinch....

I like the food.  And cooking.  And spending time with our extended family, if we get the chance (we won't this year :().

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/07/09 at 1:19 pm

Bah Humbug.  :D ;D ;D

Ok, ok, I would have to say the smells. I love the smell of the Christmas tree, the smell of the wonderful food that is being cooked.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/07/09 at 2:28 pm

I'll say it.  I like to get presents.  :D

I also love Christmas shopping.  I love love love it.  Is that weird?  I just love to buy gifts for people.  I also love holiday parties - seeing people you never see.  All the food and decorations and lights.  I love to decorate my house and the tree.  And the way my neighborhood comes to life.  I do not love the snow, but it's a small price to pay for all of the other wonderfulness.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/07/09 at 2:31 pm

I also love Christmas shopping.  I love love love it.  Is that weird?  I just love to buy gifts for people.  I also love holiday parties - seeing people you never see.  All the food and decorations and lights.  I love to decorate my house and the tree.  And the way my neighborhood comes to life.  I do not love the snow, but it's a small price to pay for all of the other wonderfulness.

You still have my number, right? ;)

I love the lights, all the Christmas Carol movies, the snow if I am inside not driving anywhere.  You'd think that the people that live in this state would remember that snow means slick roads and 4 wheel drive does not mean you can stop on ice. ::)

I also love the candlelight service that is at church on Christmas Eve.

Written By: Midas on 12/07/09 at 2:34 pm

I just love to buy gifts for people. 

I can vouch for Ash on this.  She puts together awesome giftses  8)

Written By: gibbo on 12/07/09 at 3:13 pm

I hope you're talking about the sh*tty Jim Carrey movie and not the awesome cartoon Grinch....

I like the food.  And cooking.  And spending time with our extended family, if we get the chance (we won't this year :().

I was definitely thinking Jim Carrey.... ;)

Written By: gibbo on 12/07/09 at 3:16 pm

I'll say it.  I like to get presents.  :D

I'd love to experience a cooler Christmas (at least once). We sit here and swelter on Christmas Day. I usually have perspiration running down my forehead all day....very uncomfortable. But Christmas will be at my house this year 'cos we got air conditioning!  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/07/09 at 5:23 pm

mistletoe  :-* 

Written By: loki 13 on 12/07/09 at 7:55 pm

As strange as it may sound, I actually don't like Christmas day at all. I like the days leading up to Christmas
but only after Thanksgiving. I like the lights, the crispness in the air, the smell of pine trees, the decorations,
the carols, cartoons, the classic movies and even some newer ones. I like all the Christmas eve traditions, from
the snack foods, to dinner, to watching The Grinch (not Jim Carrey). I like passing on the things I did as a child
to my kids and grandkids. All those warm and fuzzy feelings end at bedtime Christmas eve, then I just want it to
be summer.

Written By: coqueta83 on 12/07/09 at 8:13 pm

Spending time with family, decorations, food, and cool weather. 

Written By: Womble on 12/07/09 at 8:13 pm

There are so many things about Christmas I love and one standout for me is a cozy dinner by candle light.

Written By: Frank on 12/07/09 at 8:53 pm

Going for a romantic walk on Christmas Eve or night, just after the sun goes down, hopefully some snow on the ground as well...and just walk by houses and enjoy the Christmas lights on each street

Then return home and turn on our Christmas lights, make some hot chocolate, sit cozy on the couch with a blanket on top of us, and watch a good movie, a pleasant one from the 1940s or 1950s, preferably in black and white.

Later that evening, listen to Christmas Carols and reminisce about happy moments from the past, while eating from a newly opened box of chocolates

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/07/09 at 9:02 pm

I'd love to experience a cooler Christmas (at least once). We sit here and swelter on Christmas Day. I usually have perspiration running down my forehead all day....very uncomfortable. But Christmas will be at my house this year 'cos we got air conditioning!  8)

You and yours are welcome to come and spend Christmas at my house Gibbo!  We have snow and then some!  :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/07/09 at 9:04 pm

As strange as it may sound, I actually don't like Christmas day at all. I like the days leading up to Christmas
but only after Thanksgiving. I like the lights, the crispness in the air, the smell of pine trees, the decorations,
the carols, cartoons, the classic movies and even some newer ones. I like all the Christmas eve traditions, from
the snack foods, to dinner, to watching The Grinch (not Jim Carrey). I like passing on the things I did as a child
to my kids and grandkids. All those warm and fuzzy feelings end at bedtime Christmas eve, then I just want it to
be summer.

I completely understand.  Even though I like Christmas day because we spend it with family, it is really kind of a sad day.  Such a let down after the month of tremendous build up. 

Written By: gibbo on 12/07/09 at 11:34 pm

You and yours are welcome to come and spend Christmas at my house Gibbo!  We have snow and then some!   :)

Thanks Ash...but be careful what you offer....I have a wife and four kids (getting older now)...and we just might all turn up!  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/08/09 at 1:42 pm

Thanks Ash...but be careful what you offer....I have a wife and four kids (getting older now)...and we just might all turn up!  ;)

I have room if some of the kids don't mind air mattresses and basements.  The more the merrier!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/09 at 2:31 pm

Watching Julie open her Christmas presents

Written By: woops on 12/16/09 at 3:14 pm

Christmas specials  and listening to Christmas music :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/09 at 11:48 pm

I am looking forward to spending this Christmas with my brother and sister-in-law at their new house!

I spent many Christmases in the miserable company of the more dysfunctional elements of my family...and I spent several Christmases all alone, feeling sad and waiting only for the dreadful day to be over. 

This Christmas I am grateful I will be with family I can love and who love me back.  My heart goes out to people who don't have anybody to be with on Christmas because having been there myself, I shall never, ever take good cheer and kinship on the holiday for granted.
:)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/17/09 at 7:14 am

I am looking forward to spending this Christmas with my brother and sister-in-law at their new house!

I spent many Christmases in the miserable company of the more dysfunctional elements of my family...and I spent several Christmases all alone, feeling sad and waiting only for the dreadful day to be over. 

This Christmas I am grateful I will be with family I can love and who love me back.  My heart goes out to people who don't have anybody to be with on Christmas because having been there myself, I shall never, ever take good cheer and kinship on the holiday for granted.
:)

Glad to hear you have somebody you care about to spend it with.  Alone is not a good way to spend the holidays. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...