inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Great Nashville Flood of 2010

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 05/02/10 at 11:10 pm

Are you guys aware of the current flooding and evacuations going on here in Nashville, Tennessee?

In case you didn't know, I've been living in Nashville for the past 2 years. I have no idea if they're showing news footage where you all live, but it's being highly reported here since the storming began. Many areas of town (Bellevue, downtown, Spring Hill, Opry Mills and so many more) are just drowning in water. There have been a couple deaths reported in the middle Tennessee area.

My house is alright, though. We live on top of a hill, and between here and the one store we've been to all weekend, there's not flooding too close by. But I live right between West End Avenue and Charlotte Pike, both of which pretty much have lakes in the road. Reporters and the mayor have been telling us all weekend not to drive ANYWHERE unless it's an emergency. Pretty crazy stuff. But the rain's stopped, I think, and tomorrow we'll just have to deal with all the glorified puddles and devastation.

Just wanted to let you all know. And if you already do, how did you find out? Is this showing on other news stations or perhaps online?

-Ash

Subject: Re: The Great Nashville Flood of 2010

Written By: nicki_morrissey on 05/02/10 at 11:23 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_severe_weather

Written By: danootaandme on 05/03/10 at 4:54 pm

They have had coverage here, Boston, but it has been overshadowed by Gulf Oil Spill, the Times Square Bomb, and the huge water main break that affected 700,000 households.  It looks devastating and I feel for the people.  We had a similar episode around here a month ago, without loss of life. It must be awful.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/04/10 at 11:27 am

The floods made our local paper, the Rutland Herald

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/04/10 at 6:29 pm

I heard about the flooding down your way.  They had to postpone the primaries for local elections in at least one county!

Written By: Michael on 05/11/10 at 11:04 am

Have heard about the Nashville flooding here in Cleveland Ohio, but I think the nation has not been kept well informed, possibly because you folks are not throwing up your hands like those in New Orleans, and are taking the bull by the horns.  Maybe Obama doesn't feel there are enough votes in Tennesee to help out!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/11/10 at 12:04 pm

It's been all over the national news - so crazy!  I'm glad to hear you're doing ok Ashley!  I'm thinking about you!!

Written By: gmann on 05/11/10 at 1:44 pm

My sister and her husband live just outside of Nashville, but they only had to deal with some water in their basement. Their house is on a hillside. Many of the neighbors weren't so fortunate.

Check for new replies or respond here...