inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Digital Nomads

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 5:47 pm

I'm pushing 40, not really happy with where I'm at, and don't see myself getting married anytime soon. So I've been kicking around a few ideas, and I came across a rather intriguing concept called "location independence," where people have jobs that can be done completely online and aren't tied down to any one place. These people often refer to themselves as "digital nomads."

I think it would be totally awesome to buy a used RV, drag a car along with it and just roam around the country with my brother. I'm just kind of wondering what job I could do where I could make enough money to support this venture.

Anyone else heard of this?

Subject: Re: Digital Nomads

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 6:46 pm

I haven't and I could never survive that lifestyle...I'm too much a home body...although if I got one of those Directv dishes for my RV I would be closer to okay with the idea  ;) 

I just like my stuff... and I have a lot of it... so thanks but no....

but.... I totally want one of those online jobs so I can work from home on my own time. If you find one Al please let me know!

Written By: Jessica on 05/07/10 at 5:54 pm

Phone sex operator.

What?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/25/10 at 10:45 am

I'm pushing 40, not really happy with where I'm at, and don't see myself getting married anytime soon. So I've been kicking around a few ideas, and I came across a rather intriguing concept called "location independence," where people have jobs that can be done completely online and aren't tied down to any one place. These people often refer to themselves as "digital nomads."

I think it would be totally awesome to buy a used RV, drag a car along with it and just roam around the country with my brother. I'm just kind of wondering what job I could do where I could make enough money to support this venture.

Anyone else heard of this?

That sounds awesome!  I want to come with you guys!

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/10 at 7:30 pm

I think it's a great idea. I know people who do this kind of thing at home (web designing and merchandising mainly) and I think it is great you are taking a free approach to this. Who knows where it will lead you?

As for not being happy about your circumstances, life is a race but in the end you are only racing against yourself.

Check for new replies or respond here...