inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What OCD qualities do you have?

Written By: ADH13 on 08/25/10 at 4:39 am

I think we all have some.

When I download music, I have to go immediately and fix the titles and artist names in my media player.  Generally I am not picky about capitalization, etc. but when it comes to my music, it bugs me if my titles are lower case or all caps, etc.

When I bake something, I check multiple times to be sure I turned the oven off.  Not only do I keep pushing the OFF button, I also open the oven to be sure no heat is coming from it before I go to bed.  :-[

Generally speaking (there are exceptions) I don't like different foods touching each other on my plate.

My husband is always quick to fix a corner of a rug that is folded over... and he can't stand his cash to be facing different directions... when he gets change, he will line it all up facing the same way... if I am reading a section of the newspaper, and fold it up crooked before I give it to him, he will fix it before he even looks at it.

I'm sure I have more, I just can't think of them at the moment...

Subject: Re: What OCD qualities do you have?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/25/10 at 10:12 am

Well it sounds crazy, but everything has to be even.

Like...I don't like odd numbers of anything.  Footsteps...even typing.  If I feel like I've typed to much with one hand, I will twiddle the fingers of the other hand to even things out.  My husband makes me absolutely crazy because he will sit and rub one little section of my back for like, 5 minutes.  And I can't handle it.  If he rubs one side, he has to rub the other side.  And I know it's completely mental of me, but it's just the way I have to be.  I will tell him not to even rub my back if he can't rub both sides evenly.  Seriously...so crazy.  I probably shouldn't even be telling you guys this stuff because it reveals my true crazy.  But yeah - that's my OCD.  Walking, chewing, carrying stuff.  I am better about it than I used to be, but I just have to have everything be the same. 

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/10 at 12:01 pm

I can't stand crooked pictures. I'm always walking down the hallway in the department straightening the pics on the wall  ;D

I count all the time... random things... for no apparent reason. If I pick up on a word someone over uses I count the number of times it occurs in our conversation, I count the number of steps I take, I count the number of mcDonalds I see on the drive from SB to LA. 

I frequently find myself unconsciously signing the alphabet.

My house is a mess but my DVDs and CDs are alphabetized.

I also am pretty meticulous about my music library- the genre's need to be just right. I can't stand it if you have song with a featured artist because then on the iPod the artist has two sections their own section and then the section with the featured artist.

I get laughed at by supervisor because I'd make these elaborate Excel charts for our stats and then get bummed because one line is missing.    < like the top line there.... that messes me up so I have to correct it and send it out again - I kill more trees because of typos and oversights.  I would rather go thru a ream of paper than have something with my name on it go out with an imperfection.

Written By: nally on 08/25/10 at 12:10 pm

I can't stand crooked pictures. I'm always walking down the hallway in the department straightening the pics on the wall  ;D

I count all the time... random things... for no apparent reason. If I pick up on a word someone over uses I count the number of times it occurs in our conversation, I count the number of steps I take, I count the number of mcDonalds I see on the drive from SB to LA. 

I get laughed at by supervisor because I'd make these elaborate Excel charts for our stats and then get bummed because one line is missing.    < like the top line there.... that messes me up so I have to correct it and send it out again - I kill more trees because of typos and oversights.  I would rather go thru a ream of paper than have something with my name on it go out with an imperfection.

I have similar qualities too. And I totally hear ya about the imperfection. But all the same I like to carefully proofread something before I send it to the printer. (However, if it should get printed before I realize the mistake, then I throw the bad copy into the recycle bin.)

I'm also a stickler for accuracy. If a piece of information is incorrect I want to either correct it myself or bring it to the attention of the person who made the boo boo (if I can find 'em). I also get picky about extra whitespaces between words, like    this. I also like to have things, especially numbered items, in order.

I also don't like things to be inconsistent. Sometimes I can let it slide, but if there's a certain or traditional format that needs to be followed, I like to adhere to it.

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/10 at 12:33 pm

I have similar qualities too. And I totally hear ya about the imperfection. But all the same I like to carefully proofread something before I send it to the printer. (However, if it should get printed before I realize the mistake, then I throw the bad copy into the recycle bin.)

I do have to say my need for perfection is a work thing. I don't like sending something out with an improper format.... but that obviously doesn't apply to every where. When I type here it much more important that I get the words out so I don't care about structure or rules. I just want to get my point across... 

I'm also a stickler for accuracy. If a piece of information is incorrect I want to either correct it myself or bring it to the attention of the person who made the boo boo (if I can find 'em). I also get picky about extra whitespaces between words, like    this. I also like to have things, especially numbered items, in order.

I also don't like things to be inconsistent. Sometimes I can let it slide, but if there's a certain or traditional format that needs to be followed, I like to adhere to it.

the only thing I will say about this is that I restrict my "OCD" to myself.  I'm not trying to regulate how others do things.. I think it'd be rude to track someone down just to tell them there's a typo or something.    If there is a good reason for it, like information we put on our department's website needs to be accurate and grammatically correct. Same with reports we send to the court.  But if it's informal and doesn't impact anything who cares?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/25/10 at 12:35 pm

I'm reasonably laidback kinda girl, but I guess my OCD works into these two ways:

I HATE/DESPISE talking on the phone so I try to make conversations as short as possible.  I'm not especially fond of talking face-to-face either.  lol    I guess I'd prefer to be a hermit (with a computer.)  If you want to get in touch with me either text my phone or e-mail/post a message somewhere for me.

I am weird about eating my food.  I prefer to eat all of one item on my plate then move on to the next item (a side dish of veggies or whatever).  I really don't like mixing my food with one bite of one item then another bite of something else.  (Yes I know it all ends up together in my stomach.)  I never claimed to be sane.  lol

I slightly obsess about past relationships and what I did wrong or what I should have done.  It's not that I want to change the past but I often beat myself up for getting myself into trouble by accepting bad behavior from a past relationship.  

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/10 at 12:47 pm

I am weird about eating my food.  I prefer to eat all of one item on my plate then move on to the next item (a side dish of veggies or whatever).  I really don't like mixing my food with one bite of one item then another bite of something else.  (Yes I know it all ends up together in my stomach.)  I never claimed to be sane.  lol

I totally have this one... I always start with the thing I like least and end on the thing I like the most... I don't like a lot of flavors combined so my burritos only have meat or maybe meat and beans but that's it.  When i eat fruit cocktail I eat it one fruit at a time... all pinapple, all pears. all peaches        then I eat the cherry!  ;D 

It drives people nuts.  I also don't like pickles on my burger (except McD's) everywhere else I order my burger no pickle no onion
at mcd's I will open the hamburger and pick off the pickle and eat it (I like their onions b/c they are diced.) 
When I eat a whopper or Jumbo Jack it comes with lettuce and Tomato I open the burger and eat the tomato then the lettuce then I  eat the burger

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/10 at 12:48 pm

I totally have this one... I always start with the thing I like least and end on the thing I like the most... I don't like a lot of flavors combined so my burritos only have meat or maybe meat and beans but that's it.  When i eat fruit cocktail I eat it one fruit at a time... all pinapple, all pears. all peaches        then I eat the cherry!  ;D   

It drives people nuts.  I also don't like pickles on my burger (except McD's) everywhere else I order my burger no pickle no onion
at mcd's I will open the hamburger and pick off the pickle and eat it (I like their onions b/c they are diced.) 
When I eat a whopper or Jumbo Jack it comes with lettuce and Tomato I open the burger and eat the tomato then the lettuce then I  eat the burger

I always eat my least favorite first, too.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/10 at 12:50 pm

Cat

I figure why end the meal on a bad note?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/25/10 at 12:54 pm

I figure why end the meal on a bad note?

Exactly. The problem with that is if I get full after eating all the stuff that I like the least, then I force myself to eat the stuff that I really like.  :-\\

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/10 at 1:16 pm

Exactly. The problem with that is if I get full after eating all the stuff that I like the least, then I force myself to eat the stuff that I really like.  :-\\

Cat

hmmm.... I have never, ever, had that problem!  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/25/10 at 2:16 pm

I totally have this one... I always start with the thing I like least and end on the thing I like the most...

Cat

I do the opposite.  I eat what I like the most first, and then work my way to what I like the least.  So if I get full, I don't feel bad throwing away what I like the least.  You would think it would make me thinner, but it doesn't work.

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/10 at 2:19 pm

I do the opposite.  I eat what I like the most first, and then work my way to what I like the least.  So if I get full, I don't feel bad throwing away what I like the least.  You would think it would make me thinner, but it doesn't work.

what is this thing "get(ting) full" that you mention? I am not familiar with the concept  :D

Written By: ADH13 on 08/25/10 at 2:21 pm

Well it sounds crazy, but everything has to be even.

Like...I don't like odd numbers of anything.  Footsteps...even typing.  If I feel like I've typed to much with one hand, I will twiddle the fingers of the other hand to even things out.  My husband makes me absolutely crazy because he will sit and rub one little section of my back for like, 5 minutes.  And I can't handle it.  If he rubs one side, he has to rub the other side.  And I know it's completely mental of me, but it's just the way I have to be.  I will tell him not to even rub my back if he can't rub both sides evenly.  Seriously...so crazy.  I probably shouldn't even be telling you guys this stuff because it reveals my true crazy.  But yeah - that's my OCD.  Walking, chewing, carrying stuff.  I am better about it than I used to be, but I just have to have everything be the same. 

Well as long as, when you have a headache on one side of your head, you don't start punching yourself in the other side of the head to make it even, I don't think you're crazy.   Actually the "has to be even" thing is pretty common...

I can't stand crooked pictures. I'm always walking down the hallway in the department straightening the pics on the wall  ;D

You know if I worked with you, I'd be the one walking down the hallway making them crooked for you! ;D

I don't do this in general, but I used to always count the times Thelma said "Good Lord!" on Mama's Family.

Written By: lola669 on 08/25/10 at 2:22 pm

I frequently find myself unconsciously signing the alphabet.

Ha, are you sure you're not talking about me?

I will fix crooked pictures when I see them, doesn't matter where I am.  

I count all the time too.  I count the number of steps I take, I count stairs, the number of strokes of deodorant I put on my underarms, I count when I brush my teeth.  

I sign the alphabet too, sometimes I will find myself signing a thought I'm having (does that make sense?).  

I make myself crazy over the sheets on my bed.  I can not fall asleep if the sheet is riding up the side of the mattress.  I've made my husband get up so I can fix the sheets, he loves when I do that.  ;D Why can sheets stay-put?  I need those sheet clips.  

Written By: snozberries on 08/25/10 at 2:23 pm

You know if I worked with you, I'd be the one walking down the hallway making them crooked for you! ;D

:P

Written By: Howard on 08/25/10 at 6:42 pm

After my parents go to sleep,It's like I have to mop the floor almost every night,When I see dirt,I have to mop it up.

Written By: nally on 08/26/10 at 12:07 am

After my parents go to sleep,It's like I have to mop the floor almost every night,When I see dirt,I have to mop it up.

I'm like that too when I see dirt. I believe in cleanliness, but I'm not so overly picky about it like Danny Tanner on Full House was.

Written By: ADH13 on 08/26/10 at 12:48 am

My car is always dirty.  I really hate going to the car wash, and hate washing it myself even more.  It really doesn't bother me.

When it comes to my house though, dirt does bother me... though clutter doesn't bother me.

One other thing I thought of... when I buy a magazine, book, or newspaper, I never take the one that is in front, I always get one from the middle of the stack. 

Written By: Howard on 08/26/10 at 6:45 am

In those magazines I enjoy those cologne samples,so I rip it out and rub some on my arm and neck.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/26/10 at 11:14 am

The first thing I do when I get a magazine is rip all the perfume samples out.  And all of the thicker ads.  They piss me off.  They hurt the continuity of the magazine and make it hard to read.  And uneven!  ;D

Written By: lola669 on 08/26/10 at 11:23 am

I have to iron everything (except of underwear).  I even iron all of my kids clothes.  If they are not ironed it drives me nuts.  When I iron pants with a crease I have to make sure the inseam and the outseam line up perfectly on top of each other, cause that way the crease is exactly down the middle of the leg.  

When my kids have to do a poster for school I will use a ruler to draw lines for them to write on.  Most of the time we will use stick on letters or something we printed out from the computer because I can't stand to see crooked/slanted writing.  It doesn't bother my kids but it drives me nuts.  

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/10 at 11:29 am

I have to iron everything (except of underwear).  I even iron all of my kids clothes.  If they are not ironed it drives me nuts.  When I iron pants with a crease I have to make sure the inseam and the outseam line up perfectly on top of each other, cause that way the crease is exactly down the middle of the leg.  

When my kids have to do a poster for school I will use a ruler to draw lines for them to write on.  Most of the time we will use stick on letters or something we printed out from the computer because I can't stand to see crooked/slanted writing.  It doesn't bother my kids but it drives me nuts.  

Iron? What's that? I don't know the meaning of the word.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/26/10 at 11:32 am

Cat

LOL!  I know what it means, I just freaking HATE to do it.  It is my most hated household chore.  I have a closet full of darling clothes that I never wear because they have to be ironed and I just won't do it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/10 at 11:35 am

LOL!  I know what it means, I just freaking HATE to do it.  It is my most hated household chore.  I have a closet full of darling clothes that I never wear because they have to be ironed and I just won't do it.

I just walk around with wrinkled clothes on. It doesn't bother me at all.  :D ;D ;D ;D  Ok, ok. I will iron but only when absolutely necessary.

Cat

Written By: lola669 on 08/26/10 at 11:48 am

Cat

;D ;D

I even iron clothes before I pack for a trip and then when I unpack at the hotel I will iron them again to remove the marks made by folding.  I NEED HELP!! :D ;D 

I never realized how crazy I am until I started to write all this stuff down.  :-[

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/10 at 12:20 pm

The first thing I do when I get a magazine is rip all the perfume samples out.  And all of the thicker ads.  They piss me off.  They hurt the continuity of the magazine and make it hard to read.  And uneven!   ;D

Ditto!

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/10 at 12:25 pm

;D ;D

I even iron clothes before I pack for a trip and then when I unpack at the hotel I will iron them again to remove the marks made by folding.  I NEED HELP!! :D ;D 

I never realized how crazy I am until I started to write all this stuff down.   :-[

Yeah.... That's nuts!  :P

I'm with cat and ash. I hate ironing. Like ash I have clothes I don't wear because of what you have to go thru with them. But like cat I will iron if I have to

I can get away without ironing mug work shirt but only if I hang it when I get home from the laundrymst if I leave it folded in the basket for a week I have to iron it.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/26/10 at 1:31 pm

With me, sometimes I get so engrossed in something(like tvtropes for example) that I take awhile with it, this usually comes into play when I've been meaning to do something else.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/26/10 at 1:56 pm

With me, sometimes I get so engrossed in something(like tvtropes for example) that I take awhile with it, this usually comes into play when I've been meaning to do something else.

What's a tvtrope?

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/10 at 2:30 pm

What's a tvtrope?

It took me a while to figure out- I hadn't heard the term before.... best I can ascertain is it has something to do with recognizing themes that come up again and again in TV shows.  It seems it's similar to idioms... I sort of feel like, in googling tv tropes I was still left in the dark because no one seems to be able to concisely define it-

anyway I started looking up shows I know for examples here's the link to friends If you scroll down past the summary you'll see a list of examples.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Friends 

I also pulled up one for psych http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Psych

Written By: nally on 08/26/10 at 3:24 pm

I have gotten addicted to that site too, and like you, I keep (unintentionally) put off things I've been meaning to do.

It took me a while to figure out- I hadn't heard the term before.... best I can ascertain is it has something to do with recognizing themes that come up again and again in TV shows.  It seems it's similar to idioms... I sort of feel like, in googling tv tropes I was still left in the dark because no one seems to be able to concisely define it-

anyway I started looking up shows I know for examples here's the link to friends If you scroll down past the summary you'll see a list of examples.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Friends 

I also pulled up one for psych http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Psych

I discovered that site about a year or so ago and have been visiting it ever since to find all kinds of interesting tidbits of info pertaining to certain television shows, movies, comics, literary works, etc.

Written By: nally on 08/26/10 at 3:26 pm

In those magazines I enjoy those cologne samples,so I rip it out and rub some on my arm and neck.

I come across those things too, and in the past I have been obligated to sniff it, or rub some on my skin, but in recent years I have learned to overcome that urge.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/10 at 6:47 pm

I come across those things too, and in the past I have been obligated to sniff it, or rub some on my skin, but in recent years I have learned to overcome that urge.

Sometimes the aroma entices you.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/26/10 at 7:27 pm

I am OCD about my music.  They are in alphabetical order and in the order they came out within the groups. 

I also eat what I like least first so I end the meal happy. 

I check the stove multiple times before I go to bed...even if I haven't been cooking.

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/26/10 at 7:55 pm

Welll I am not sure if I have any - besides laundry and stains.

I sort clothes (and there are 4 of us/ 3 of us females) for wash - and not just whites, darks, etc...  More like reds/pinks (oranges and purples can go into this one too), khaki/browns/tans, whites, yellows, blues, greens (if small - blues and greens can sometimes go together), jeans, yellows (depending - they may go in khakis), towels, sheets, delicates, handwash.....  Yep each and every week.  I only try and do loads if I am here to finish the loads, because I like to get them from wash to folded all at once (that way they do not get wrinkled in the drier).  I can sometimes (rarely) do a load of wash, and then later do the dryer (only if I can fold it right away).  I HATE STAINS!  I WILL get a stain out, I am a pro at it; even if I have to wash it 5 times (never drying in between) so I can get it out.  I have a dryer with the hanging/laying flat drying/steaming center on top, so things that are not supposed to be tumbled dried go there.  I HATE sorting socks.  You would think with all the time I spend on laundry, I would love to iron - NOPE hate it!!! 

I am a creature of habit, I hate it when people decide to move furniture (messes me up as I walk through the house for a couple days). 

I am sure there is more - just not thinking of them ::)

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/26/10 at 10:04 pm

I iron just about everything too.  (Thanks, MOM.  ;D)

I'm obsessed with finding out who does voices of popular cartoon charaters.  :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/26/10 at 10:06 pm

Another one I thought of along the lines of checking the stove, when leaving the house, I always lock the door, turn the doorknob to make sure it's locked then pull the door shut and try to turn the knob to triple check that the door is indeed locked.   ::)

Written By: ADH13 on 08/26/10 at 11:04 pm

If I'm going to watch a movie or a TV show that I haven't seen 100 times already, it has to be from the beginning.  If I miss the first minute, I won't watch it.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/10 at 6:47 am

I've been watering the lawn lately,Don't know if that's considered OCD? ???

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/10 at 11:56 am

If I'm going to watch a movie or a TV show that I haven't seen 100 times already, it has to be from the beginning.  If I miss the first minute, I won't watch it.

I'm that way with TV series... if I miss the pilot or the first couple of eps I'm not going to watch the show till its on DVD...

I recently made an exception to that rule for BBT and HIMYM  but I won't be making any more exceptions b/c it drives me nuts not knowing the history of the characters.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/10 at 12:24 pm

Like many have already said, my music is alphabetized by genera-well, that is when they are put away.  ::)

Cat

Written By: nally on 08/27/10 at 12:26 pm

Like many have already said, my music is alphabetized by genera-well, that is when they are put away.   ::)

Cat

I like to alphabetize things too.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/27/10 at 12:56 pm

Our DVD's are alphabetized but it's just sensible - it makes it so much easier to find what you're looking for!

Written By: nally on 08/27/10 at 12:58 pm

Our DVD's are alphabetized but it's just sensible - it makes it so much easier to find what you're looking for!

I totally agree! :) That's the reason why I like to put things in alphabetical (or sometimes numerical, depending on the circumstance) order.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/10 at 2:32 pm

I used to eat out the garbage when I grew up.

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/10 at 2:51 pm

I''m not sure how that's OCD but thanks for sharing  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/27/10 at 3:22 pm

I''m not sure how that's OCD but thanks for sharing  ;D

I was always a garbage picker.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/27/10 at 6:57 pm

What's a tvtrope?

This site:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

It mainly lists different plot devices and character archtypes that are used in TV, movies, animation and video games. I sometimes get abit more obsessed with going through it.

Edit: Beaten by along shot.  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 08/27/10 at 8:23 pm

I was always a garbage picker.
Yet he hates working the trash/dumpster's at work ???

Hey Howard, it would be a smorgasbord  :D

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/10 at 11:00 pm

ooh... good recall!  O0

Written By: ADH13 on 08/28/10 at 1:16 am

Oh, and do any of you find it difficult to hang up the phone first at the end of a conversation?

If so, have you ever found yourself on the phone with someone else with the same issue, resulting in an awkward silence when neither of you wants to hang up? lol

Written By: Howard on 08/28/10 at 7:00 am

I take out the trash but now I don't eat from it now,I thought it was a disgusting habit.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/10 at 7:00 am

Oh, and do any of you find it difficult to hang up the phone first at the end of a conversation?

If so, have you ever found yourself on the phone with someone else with the same issue, resulting in an awkward silence when neither of you wants to hang up? lol

That happens all the time.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/28/10 at 9:42 pm

What's a tvtrope?

It's like an XKCD, except that instead of there being one for every thread, there are thousands of TV Tropes for every thread.

Obligatory OCD: I'm the guy in RPGs whose character maximizes strength (or other measures of loot capacity) for no reason other than the obsessive compulsion to loot every corpse.  Just because I have the best armor and weaons in the game, more money than most shopkeepers, and only one or two more quests to go before the end of the game is no reason to leave a perfectly good set of Uber Armor on the corpse when I could drag it into the next town for a few hundred gold pieces.  It just feels like such a waste to just leave it there, even though it's a single-player game.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/10 at 10:03 pm

It's like an XKCD, except that instead of there being one for every thread, there are thousands of TV Tropes for every thread.

Obligatory OCD: I'm the guy in RPGs whose character maximizes strength (or other measures of loot capacity) for no reason other than the obsessive compulsion to loot every corpse.  Just because I have the best armor and weaons in the game, more money than most shopkeepers, and only one or two more quests to go before the end of the game is no reason to leave a perfectly good set of Uber Armor on the corpse when I could drag it into the next town for a few hundred gold pieces.  It just feels like such a waste to just leave it there, even though it's a single-player game.

Looting the dead on principle.  Probably my ancestors in the famine years.  It's perfectly good, Echgbert, no sense in letting it go to waste!
8-P

I come from a long line of pack rats.  My grandparents saved everything due to a combination of Yankee thrift and being young adults during the Great Depression.  I remember looking into one of their closets when I was six and seeing a box of empty shampoo bottles.  Not antiques, just drugstore plastic ones.  What were they going to do with those shampoo bottles, every one of them scrubbed clean?  I didn't ask.  I'll never know...and that's not the point.  The point is, if it maintains its structural integrity, it must be useful for something, so we're NOT going to throw it out!

I've had to fight these tendencies myself!

My room was a mess until my teens.  Then I was a compulsive neat freak for years.  Now I don't care about a mess so long as I know what's in it!

Best to do that around 5:00 a.m.  That's when you get all the good stuff. The winos are still sleeping it off and the sanitation dept. hasn't arrived yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGHTcF4thLw

I've had the same conversation with my friend Sam who would retrieve fresh refuse on the grounds that: "It's perfectly good, they took one bite out of it, what a waste!"
8-P

Written By: Davester on 08/28/10 at 10:10 pm

Washing my hands around thirty times a day...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/10 at 10:32 pm

Better go wash your hand, they're dirty again!

Written By: Howard on 08/29/10 at 7:03 am

Looting the dead on principle.  Probably my ancestors in the famine years.  It's perfectly good, Echgbert, no sense in letting it go to waste!
8-P

I come from a long line of pack rats.  My grandparents saved everything due to a combination of Yankee thrift and being young adults during the Great Depression.  I remember looking into one of their closets when I was six and seeing a box of empty shampoo bottles.  Not antiques, just drugstore plastic ones.  What were they going to do with those shampoo bottles, every one of them scrubbed clean?  I didn't ask.  I'll never know...and that's not the point.  The point is, if it maintains its structural integrity, it must be useful for something, so we're NOT going to throw it out!

I've had to fight these tendencies myself!

My room was a mess until my teens.  Then I was a compulsive neat freak for years.  Now I don't care about a mess so long as I know what's in it!

Best to do that around 5:00 a.m.  That's when you get all the good stuff. The winos are still sleeping it off and the sanitation dept. hasn't arrived yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGHTcF4thLw

I've had the same conversation with my friend Sam who would retrieve fresh refuse on the grounds that: "It's perfectly good, they took one bite out of it, what a waste!"
8-P

I have a little bit of George Costanza in me sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/10 at 7:04 am

I do that too sometimes,especially when I get off the city bus to go home.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/29/10 at 7:31 pm

I have a little bit of George Costanza in me sometimes.

And you say you never get any!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/29/10 at 7:33 pm

And you say you never get any!   ;)

Well at least he didn't dry hump! ::)

Written By: snozberries on 08/29/10 at 7:44 pm

And you say you never get any!   ;)

;D

Written By: Howard on 08/30/10 at 6:52 am

;D

I got some but it wasn't what I thought.  :(

Written By: Howard on 08/30/10 at 6:53 am

trying to decide to throw something out or save it.

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/10 at 11:24 am

trying to decide to throw something out or save it.

throw it out!

Written By: Howard on 08/30/10 at 1:45 pm

throw it out!

The other day I went to a small department store and I bought a cheap pair of jeans that cost $9.99 and then I had these big baggy blue jeans for a couple of years now that didn't fit me as well cause they seemed like they fit a bigger person so I was trying to decide whether to throw them out or put them in a bag with all the other clothes my Mother gives them away to Goodwill or some other clothes organization that wants clothes that don't fit.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/30/10 at 1:47 pm

The other day I went to a small department store and I bought a cheap pair of jeans that cost $9.99 and then I had these big baggy blue jeans for a couple of years now that didn't fit me as well cause they seemed like they fit a bigger person so I was trying to decide whether to throw them out or put them in a bag with all the other clothes my Mother gives them away to Goodwill or some other clothes organization that wants clothes that don't fit.

If they are good (no holes or such) give them away. There are many people who could use them.

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 08/30/10 at 1:50 pm

If they are good (no holes or such) give them away. There are many people who could use them.

Cat

But people pay big bucks for jeans with holes... I haven't the slightest idea why, but they do. 8-P

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/10 at 2:08 pm

Cat

agreed...

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/10 at 2:09 pm

But people pay big bucks for jeans with holes... I haven't the slightest idea why, but they do. 8-P

depends on where the holes are!  ;) ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/30/10 at 3:23 pm

Cat

They're pretty good,little baggy though.

Written By: snozberries on 08/30/10 at 3:35 pm

They're pretty good,little baggy though.

baggy on you... maybe not on someone else...donate them!

Written By: Howard on 08/31/10 at 5:34 am

baggy on you... maybe not on someone else...donate them!

My Mother has a few bags of clothes that don't fit anymore,probably give them away to Goodwill or UCP.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/31/10 at 12:08 pm

I am really weird about bananas.

I love them, and always have them in the house, but as soon as they start to turn brown and start to smell, they make me totally sick and I have to throw them away immediately.  Rotting bananas are one of the grossest things in the world to me.  I always think I'm going to make banana bread if we have more than a couple, so sometimes I will let them sit, but then all of the sudden I will just freak out and run them outside to the trash before I vomit.  I think I've made banana bread a grand total of once.  Maybe twice.  :(

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/31/10 at 5:08 pm

I am really weird about bananas.

I love them, and always have them in the house, but as soon as they start to turn brown and start to smell, they make me totally sick and I have to throw them away immediately.  Rotting bananas are one of the grossest things in the world to me.  I always think I'm going to make banana bread if we have more than a couple, so sometimes I will let them sit, but then all of the sudden I will just freak out and run them outside to the trash before I vomit.  I think I've made banana bread a grand total of once.  Maybe twice.   :(

I'm kinda the same way, I will buy them green and eat just as soon as they turn yellow, they can even have a little green left on them.  I will not eat them if there is brown spot on them.

I'm weird about milk, I always have to smell it before I drink it.  I will not drink it after the expiration date. 

Written By: ADH13 on 08/31/10 at 7:48 pm

I always look around all the walls and ceiling in the bedroom to be sure there are no spiders there before I go to bed.

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/10 at 8:18 pm

I always look around all the walls and ceiling in the bedroom to be sure there are no spiders there before I go to bed.

but what if they are already in your bed waiting for you  muhawahahaha!!!! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/evilgrin1.gif

Written By: ADH13 on 08/31/10 at 8:46 pm

but what if they are already in your bed waiting for you  muhawahahaha!!!! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/evilgrin1.gif

;D  I actually used to be alot worse.  I used to turn my shoes upside down and shake them before I put them on.  That was years ago, I'm not so bad about it anymore

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/10 at 8:58 pm

;D  I actually used to be alot worse.  I used to turn my shoes upside down and shake them before I put them on.  That was years ago, I'm not so bad about it anymore

Oh that totally reminds me... I lived in a tri-plex and everything was great till one of my neighbors moved away... all his critters suddenly had no food so after a year of living there I had my first mouse.... know how I found him? He had died in one of my shoes... I hadn't worn them for awhile and I noticed the smell in my apt but couldn't quite figure it out... one day I go to put on that shoe and I was like... um what did I just touch?  I dumped the shoe (IDIOT!) and a dead mouse fell onto my floor...

I'm terrified of mice living or dead so I just totally freaked out!  ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 08/31/10 at 9:04 pm

Oh that totally reminds me... I lived in a tri-plex and everything was great till one of my neighbors moved away... all his critters suddenly had no food so after a year of living there I had my first mouse.... know how I found him? He had died in one of my shoes... I hadn't worn them for awhile and I noticed the smell in my apt but couldn't quite figure it out... one day I go to put on that shoe and I was like... um what did I just touch?  I dumped the shoe (IDIOT!) and a dead mouse fell onto my floor...

OMG I would have freaked out too.  I have a problem with bugs and wild rodents.  I don't mind snakes though, I think they're rather cute.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/31/10 at 9:35 pm

I got some but it wasn't what I thought.  :(

I take it that it's what I think you mean. :D

Written By: lorac61469 on 08/31/10 at 10:07 pm

Years ago I was loading trash into my trunk to take to the trash dump and I thought I saw something fall out of one of the bags, I looked in the trunk but didn't see anything.  A few days later I was on the highway driving to work and a mouse ran across my foot.  :o  I nearly drove off the side of the road, not because I'm afraid of mice but because it startled me.  I left bird seed and peanut butter in the car for it to eat (so it wouldn't die and stink up the car  ;D).  It was in there for about 2 weeks until it jumped out the door when I went to get into the car one morning. 

I think mice are cute, rodents in general don't bother me, unless it's one of those huge NYC rats.  8-P 8-P

Written By: snozberries on 08/31/10 at 10:46 pm

Years ago I was loading trash into my trunk to take to the trash dump and I thought I saw something fall out of one of the bags, I looked in the trunk but didn't see anything.  A few days later I was on the highway driving to work and a mouse ran across my foot.  :o  I nearly drove off the side of the road, not because I'm afraid of mice but because it startled me.  I left bird seed and peanut butter in the car for it to eat (so it wouldn't die and stink up the car  ;D).  It was in there for about 2 weeks until it jumped out the door when I went to get into the car one morning. 

I think mice are cute, rodents in general don't bother me, unless it's one of those huge NYC rats.   8-P 8-P

OMG I would have totally crashed my car and about 50 other cars on the road!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/01/10 at 7:02 am

I'm kinda the same way, I will buy them green and eat just as soon as they turn yellow, they can even have a little green left on them.  I will not eat them if there is brown spot on them.

I'm weird about milk, I always have to smell it before I drink it.  I will not drink it after the expiration date. 

But if the bananas I buy have brown spots later,I would throw them out.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/10 at 7:04 am

I check the kitchen all around for ants.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/01/10 at 11:22 am

Every night, after we bathe, we get into bed and watch something-episodes of M*A*S*H, a movie, Sherlock Holmes, Cadfeal, etc. whatever. As we are watching, I usually get us some yogurt (sort of like ice cream but less calories.  :D ;D ;D ) We have a hodge podge of spoons. There are certain spoons that I like to use. So, I will pick through to get to the spoons that I like. I mean, a spoon is a spoon is a spoon. Isn't it?

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/18/10 at 12:34 am

If I spot a mistake, I have to correct it no matter how trivial or inconvenient.  Maybe it's OCD.  Maybe it's the crap I learned in J school.
::)

Written By: ADH13 on 09/18/10 at 12:35 am

If I spot a mistake, I have to correct it no matter how trivial or inconvenient.  Maybe it's OCD.  Maybe it's the crap I learned in J school.

your own mistakes or other people's?

(you should consider following Pelosi around... you'd keep awfully busy! ;))

Written By: Howard on 09/18/10 at 7:02 am

My Mother always tells me to stop sweeping and mopping the floor at night.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/21/10 at 10:17 am

I actually do have OCD and am currently being treated for it now. Mine is mostly pertaining to germs. I have a very difficult time eating off of any silverware or drinking out of cups that aren't plastic or styrofoam, even at my own house. I know that they are clean, because I am the one washing them...but I still can't stop thinking about the germs on them.

My other weird thing is my fear of large things in the sky....airplanes, blimps, large skyscrapers in the distance, those horrible windmills, hot air balloons....even things like a bunch of sunflowers standing tall together. I was really bad about all of these things, but once I started taking meds, it eased my fears and made me a bit more comfortable when I see them.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/10 at 1:01 pm

I actually do have OCD and am currently being treated for it now. Mine is mostly pertaining to germs. I have a very difficult time eating off of any silverware or drinking out of cups that aren't plastic or styrofoam, even at my own house. I know that they are clean, because I am the one washing them...but I still can't stop thinking about the germs on them.

My other weird thing is my fear of large things in the sky....airplanes, blimps, large skyscrapers in the distance, those horrible windmills, hot air balloons....even things like a bunch of sunflowers standing tall together. I was really bad about all of these things, but once I started taking meds, it eased my fears and made me a bit more comfortable when I see them.

I have OCD myself but it's not as severe as yours.I've been off meds for 11 years now.

Written By: Bobby on 11/06/10 at 5:58 pm

If I spot a mistake, I have to correct it no matter how trivial or inconvenient.  Maybe it's OCD.  Maybe it's the crap I learned in J school.

Yes, I sympathise there. I usually proof-read my posts here too late so I feel the need to go back and modify them which is why you'll often find the bold dated modification statement under them.  ;D

I guess the only quality I can think of is I think too much about trying to be the best I can be which overwhelms me to the point I don't do half as much as I should...If that makes any sense.

Written By: nally on 11/06/10 at 6:03 pm

I often wash mine several times a day too, just because they often feel unclean. I don't like to handle certain objects with unclean hands.

Written By: Bobby on 11/06/10 at 6:07 pm

I often wash mine several times a day too, just because they often feel unclean. I don't like to handle certain objects with unclean hands.

There's got to be a joke in there somewhere but I will hold back. ;)

There's nothing wrong with washing hands regularly, it's when it completely disrupts your day-to-day living that's when anything becomes a problem.

Written By: nally on 11/06/10 at 6:08 pm

Yes, I sympathise there. I usually proof-read my posts here too late so I feel the need to go back and modify them which is why you'll often find the bold dated modification statement under them.  ;D

@Bobby: As do I. I have a habit of making sure everything comes out right. For example, I often type the word "everything" as "everythign" by pure happenstance, but I can easily fix it.

I guess the only quality I can think of is I think too much about trying to be the best I can be which overwhelms me to the point I don't do half as much as I should...If that makes any sense.

I think I get that...

Written By: Bobby on 11/06/10 at 6:38 pm

@Bobby: As do I. I have a habit of making sure everything comes out right. For example, I often type the word "everything" as "everythign" by pure happenstance, but I can easily fix it.

I read once that you can jumble letters into a certain word and you can still read it as long as the first and last letter are in the right place. Something the way your brain processes things?

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/ReadableMessBetweenFirstAndLastLetters/

Written By: nally on 11/06/10 at 6:40 pm

I read once that you can jumble letters into a certain word and you can still read it as long as the first and last letter are in the right place. Something the way your brain processes things?

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/ReadableMessBetweenFirstAndLastLetters/

Oh yeah, most definitely. Thanks for sharing that link. 8)

Written By: Howard on 11/06/10 at 8:08 pm

I sometimes make noises when I seem to be enjoying something on TV.

Written By: snozberries on 11/06/10 at 9:14 pm

I sometimes make noises when I seem to be enjoying something on TV.

UM.... This post has been brought to you by the letters...

T - M - & - I

;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/06/10 at 10:27 pm

T - M - & - I

;D

Karma owed ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/07/10 at 6:47 am

T - M - & - I

;D

No that is not TMI,when I used to watch wrestling many years ago I got so excited I made silly noises when someone won a match.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/10 at 6:48 am

I like to mop the floor before going to sleep at night.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/09/10 at 10:41 am

Owing to your TV viewing habits, that sounds like a good idea!
;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/09/10 at 10:42 am

You mean: "The only quality of which I can think"!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/09/10 at 3:54 pm

I have a few...

I prefer odd numbers (except for the number 5)

When I fold towels, the “rounded” sides have to be facing out (and any tags tucked inside)

When selecting something out of a stack (i.e. a towel, book, dvd, plate, etc.) I never take the top one… I have to get one from the middle or bottom of the stack (I do this VERY carefully when selecting a plate).  :-D

I can not stand to leave one thing “by itself” when eating.  For example, if I make toast and one piece of bread is left; I will try to use it or see if my hubby or son will eat it.  I know it is just food and that last piece will not “get lonely”…    ;D  My rational mind knows this…but I just cannot leave it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/10 at 4:06 pm

I just thought of another one. Whenever I get off my lazy butt and put Carlos' tee shirts & underwear away, I fold them and put them in a pile on the bed (yeah, I fold his underwear) and before I put them in the drawer, I ALWAYS HAVE to count them. Why? I have no idea. I also count how many pairs of socks I put in the drawer, too.

Cat

Written By: Frank on 11/09/10 at 4:12 pm

I like to be on time....
And I always count thinsg as well ( I count anything...cars on the street, holes in the wall, lights in a room, shoes in a closet, cd's in a cd case when visiting friends..I count lots of things..dunno why...
I don't' lose any sleep or get anxious if I don't count them...but I count things.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/10 at 4:23 pm

I like to be on time....
And I always count thinsg as well ( I count anything...cars on the street, holes in the wall, lights in a room, shoes in a closet, cd's in a cd case when visiting friends..I count lots of things..dunno why...
I don't' lose any sleep or get anxious if I don't count them...but I count things.

Sometimes I find myself just counting and I will ask myself what is it that I am counting?

Cat

Written By: Frank on 11/09/10 at 5:15 pm

Sometimes I find myself just counting and I will ask myself what is it that I am counting?

Cat

I ask myself 'Why am I counting tiles on the floor?" or "cd's on a shelf? Don't know why, but I do. Guess coz one of my major's in college was Math. I was pretty good in Math, and my math brain doesn't stop.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/10 at 6:50 pm

;)

My Mother gets pissed at me because she tells me "we have a maid doing it" but that's every 2 weeks. ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/09/10 at 6:51 pm

Cat

Are you The Count?

Written By: Dagwood on 11/09/10 at 6:55 pm

;)

;D Karma

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/09/10 at 7:22 pm

My Mother gets pissed at me because she tells me "we have a maid doing it" but that's every 2 weeks. ::)

We didn't have a maid to do it, my mother just made me do it!
:-\\

Written By: Howard on 11/10/10 at 6:54 am

We didn't have a maid to do it, my mother just made me do it!

How'd you like doing it? ???

Written By: Howard on 11/10/10 at 6:55 am

everytime I'm finished with my meal at the table,I have to sweep up my area.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/10 at 9:14 pm

How'd you like doing it? ???

Mopping the floor is mopping the floor.  I guess there's a Zen to mopping the floor.  I mopped a lot of floors when I worked at the supermarket. 

Written By: Howard on 11/11/10 at 5:53 am

Mopping the floor is mopping the floor.  I guess there's a Zen to mopping the floor.  I mopped a lot of floors when I worked at the supermarket. 

Did you use plain water or some special cleaning solution?  ???

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/11/10 at 11:09 am

I'm Bipolar, so I have enough issues to tackle on that OCD qualities.  :-X

Written By: Howard on 11/11/10 at 7:10 pm

I have to count things to make sure I have enough.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/11/10 at 9:57 pm

No that is not TMI,when I used to watch wrestling many years ago I got so excited I made silly noises when someone won a match.

NTTAWWT.  So yeah, if there's nothing wrong with that, then that's not TMI...

...but it is now.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/10 at 10:20 pm

Did you use plain water or some special cleaning solution?  ???

Just whatever cleaning solution they had in the supply cabinet.  It used to bug the hell out of me how other guys would leave roller buckets full of filthy water back there.  I always brought out as clean water as I could and kept the mops nice and rinsed!

Written By: Howard on 11/12/10 at 6:57 am

Just whatever cleaning solution they had in the supply cabinet.  It used to bug the hell out of me how other guys would leave roller buckets full of filthy water back there.  I always brought out as clean water as I could and kept the mops nice and rinsed!

That's what happened in Garden City Park,the stupid maintainence guys left dirty filthy vile brown water in the bucket while I was nice enough the next morning to clean out the bucket (even though it wasn't my job) used hot water with with Pine Sol and they thanked me the next day.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/20/10 at 10:29 am

I absolutely CAN NOT pass up crossword puzzles. And I get kind of mad when I don't finish them.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/20/10 at 12:16 pm

I absolutely CAN NOT pass up crossword puzzles. And I get kind of mad when I don't finish them.

I HAVE to pass them up because Carlos likes to do them-but I get to finish them if he can't.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/20/10 at 5:26 pm

I always have to clean up after myself after each meal.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/20/10 at 11:16 pm

I HAVE to pass them up because Carlos likes to do them-but I get to finish them if he can't.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/00/Americangothic.jpg/250px-Americangothic.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/10 at 11:46 am

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/00/Americangothic.jpg/250px-Americangothic.jpg

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25525.0;attach=19972;image

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/10 at 12:16 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25525.0;attach=19972;image

Cat

you guys are much happier than the original couple! O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/21/10 at 12:56 pm

you guys are much happier than the original couple! O0

That's because the original didn't have Inthe00s to come to everyday.  ;)

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/10 at 12:58 pm

That's because the original didn't have Inthe00s to come to everyday.  ;)

Cat

good point!

Written By: Howard on 11/21/10 at 1:34 pm

Cat

Way Cool.  :)

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/21/10 at 2:00 pm

yet you refuse to clean a cart, when it is what you get paid to do

Written By: Howard on 11/21/10 at 2:11 pm

yep you caught me red handed!  :-[

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/10 at 1:13 am

yep you caught me red handed!  :-[

SAMI  FTW    ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/22/10 at 7:05 am

SAMI  FTW    ;D
O0

Written By: Frank on 11/23/10 at 12:41 am

Queen to knight 7, check mate.
Sami rules!!!!!!! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/10 at 1:55 am

Sami rules!!!!!!! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hello2.gif
really wasn't a win or lse game, just purely a observation

Written By: Howard on 11/23/10 at 6:55 am

really wasn't a win or lse game, just purely a observation

You should come to Pathmark and view the garbage that these people dispose of in the wagons. Is there a Pathmark near you? ???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/23/10 at 6:28 pm

SAMI  FTW    ;D

O0

HEY!!!  >:( >:( >:(

No funny in the TTT.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

Written By: snozberries on 11/23/10 at 9:04 pm

Written By: Howard on 11/23/10 at 9:10 pm

But it is funny. :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/23/10 at 9:51 pm

You should come to Pathmark and view the garbage that these people dispose of in the wagons. Is there a Pathmark near you? ???
Nope, and for that I must be thankful!  We have grocery stores that the baggers  push the cart out for you and load it into your car for you!  Or you drive up to their pick up dock and they load it there!  No carts are left out in the lots...  Unless you goto walmart, and I try and avoid that place like the plague!  And I have never noticed trash in the carts, but we are in a whole different landscape!  I am not in a huge urban environment! And for that too I am thankful!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/23/10 at 11:50 pm

A couple of times customers abandoned dirty diapers in shopping carts.  When no one was looking, I just flip the whole cart over, leave the refuse on the pavement, and pull the cart back to the maintenance room.  There I'd hose it down using a little disinfectant.  A supermarket service clerk's salary does not justify manhandling dirty diapers.  Sorry, ain't gonna do it!

Written By: Howard on 11/24/10 at 6:20 am

Nope, and for that I must be thankful!  We have grocery stores that the baggers  push the cart out for you and load it into your car for you!  Or you drive up to their pick up dock and they load it there!  No carts are left out in the lots...  Unless you goto walmart, and I try and avoid that place like the plague!  And I have never noticed trash in the carts, but we are in a whole different landscape!  I am not in a huge urban environment! And for that too I am thankful!

What is it like living in your environment? ???

Written By: Howard on 11/24/10 at 6:23 am

A couple of times customers abandoned dirty diapers in shopping carts.  When no one was looking, I just flip the whole cart over, leave the refuse on the pavement, and pull the cart back to the maintenance room.  There I'd hose it down using a little disinfectant.  A supermarket service clerk's salary does not justify manhandling dirty diapers.  Sorry, ain't gonna do it!

In these carts you see Burger King bags,snotnose tissues,coffee cups,beer and booze cans and all sorts of crap! That's why I wear gloves.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/24/10 at 6:38 am

It's not just a Pathmark thing.  Some people are pigs and expect others to clean up after them.  Remember, Howard, it's what keeps you in a job. ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/24/10 at 6:46 am

It's not just a Pathmark thing.  Some people are pigs and expect others to clean up after them.  Remember, Howard, it's what keeps you in a job. ;)

I know,don't remind me.  :P

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/24/10 at 7:49 am

What is it like living in your environment? ???
I actually live in the country, surrounded by corn and soybean fields, we have pasture behind on house.  But the town I am considered part of is only 300 people, another town close by is 500 people and the largest is about 2,000 people.  We have a larger town a little ways away, and the population is still only 22,000.  The thing is, living in these small communities, lots of people know lots of people.  No one want to "create a scene" because chances are you are going to get caught at it, and people are going to know who you are.  I have never seen "trash" (ok maybe the occasional cup, but not often) in a cart (not even at Wal Mart - the place I loathe...  or at Menard's).  I have seen fliers in the bottom of a cart, and sometimes they help me out, because I forgot the coupon that was in them or such.  Again we don't have many carts sitting outside where people actually push them to the car, unload them and leave them.  The stores have the baggers push the carts out, load them in the vehicle and take the cart right back in.  This serves many purposes.  1) Cars don't get dinged by loose/stray carts. 2) Stores don't need as many carts, as they are all in constant rotation.  3) Good customer service, means good customers coming back. 4) Carts don't get damaged and wear out due to exposure to the elements 5) Carts are not wet, frozen, or filthy when they come in  6) they don't obviously get filled with trash. 

Now I will say we shop in Iowa City/Coralville a lot (not really too much for groceries, because of the distance - things will melt etc...) but to go to Target, mall, Lowes, etc...  and it is a couple fairly large communities.  College town, but very financially secure community (there is no "bad side of town" really) and again, I do not see the trash in the carts.  Perhaps we just have cart people with really good work ethics (that is supposedly a plus for being raised in the midwest - our work ethic is very deep) and it get's cleaned real fast!

Written By: Howard on 11/24/10 at 9:21 pm

I actually live in the country, surrounded by corn and soybean fields, we have pasture behind on house.  But the town I am considered part of is only 300 people, another town close by is 500 people and the largest is about 2,000 people.  We have a larger town a little ways away, and the population is still only 22,000.  The thing is, living in these small communities, lots of people know lots of people.  No one want to "create a scene" because chances are you are going to get caught at it, and people are going to know who you are.  I have never seen "trash" (ok maybe the occasional cup, but not often) in a cart (not even at Wal Mart - the place I loathe...  or at Menard's).   I have seen fliers in the bottom of a cart, and sometimes they help me out, because I forgot the coupon that was in them or such.   Again we don't have many carts sitting outside where people actually push them to the car, unload them and leave them.   The stores have the baggers push the carts out, load them in the vehicle and take the cart right back in.  This serves many purposes.  1) Cars don't get dinged by loose/stray carts. 2) Stores don't need as many carts, as they are all in constant rotation.  3) Good customer service, means good customers coming back. 4) Carts don't get damaged and wear out due to exposure to the elements 5) Carts are not wet, frozen, or filthy when they come in  6) they don't obviously get filled with trash. 

Now I will say we shop in Iowa City/Coralville a lot (not really too much for groceries, because of the distance - things will melt etc...) but to go to Target, mall, Lowes, etc...  and it is a couple fairly large communities.  College town, but very financially secure community (there is no "bad side of town" really) and again, I do not see the trash in the carts.  Perhaps we just have cart people with really good work ethics (that is supposedly a plus for being raised in the midwest - our work ethic is very deep) and it get's cleaned real fast!

very interesting Sami thanks for sharing.  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/26/10 at 10:29 pm

I actually live in the country, surrounded by corn and soybean fields, we have pasture behind on house.  But the town I am considered part of is only 300 people, another town close by is 500 people and the largest is about 2,000 people.  We have a larger town a little ways away, and the population is still only 22,000.  The thing is, living in these small communities, lots of people know lots of people.  No one want to "create a scene" because chances are you are going to get caught at it, and people are going to know who you are.  I have never seen "trash" (ok maybe the occasional cup, but not often) in a cart (not even at Wal Mart - the place I loathe...  or at Menard's).   I have seen fliers in the bottom of a cart, and sometimes they help me out, because I forgot the coupon that was in them or such.   Again we don't have many carts sitting outside where people actually push them to the car, unload them and leave them.   The stores have the baggers push the carts out, load them in the vehicle and take the cart right back in.  This serves many purposes.  1) Cars don't get dinged by loose/stray carts. 2) Stores don't need as many carts, as they are all in constant rotation.  3) Good customer service, means good customers coming back. 4) Carts don't get damaged and wear out due to exposure to the elements 5) Carts are not wet, frozen, or filthy when they come in  6) they don't obviously get filled with trash. 

That's one of the positive attributes of small town life.  If you're a pig and a slob, your fellow citizens take note!  We focus too often on the negative sides of small towns here!

Speaking of "sides."  I'm careful to say a town or part of a town with poverty and crime is the "bad" side of town.  I consider Greenwich, Connecticut, the bad side of town.  Why?  Because the rich people who live there control the wealth and enact the oppressive policies that make places such as the South Bronx or East St. Louis the so-called "bad" sides of town.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/10 at 5:22 am

That's one of the positive attributes of small town life.  If you're a pig and a slob, your fellow citizens take note!  We focus too often on the negative sides of small towns here!

That's why I either throw the trash on the floor or in the garbage.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/27/10 at 7:05 am

Why throw it on the floor?  I don't understand.  ???

Written By: Dagwood on 11/27/10 at 9:19 am

Why throw it on the floor?  I don't understand.  ???

I was going to say the same thing.  Howard, trash goes in the can not the ground.  I don't care if other people do it, that doesn't make it okay.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/10 at 3:37 pm

Why throw it on the floor?  I don't understand.   ???

I don't know I guess there's not enough garbage cans over there but I do try to dispose it in the trash cans.

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/27/10 at 5:03 pm

Why???  What part if max's quote, that you quoted, makes it alright to throw the trash on the ground???  You are just as much a slob, lazy litterer as the people you complain about throwing the trash in the carts...  Perhaps it was your manager picking up the trash that you threw on the ground, to clean up the parking lot, and it was your job to wheel the cart to the trash can and dump it! 
Really Howard your complaint of slobs, and you do this, I really don't have much respect for your complaints!  You are what you complain about! Awful! 

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/27/10 at 5:05 pm

I was going to say the same thing.  Howard, trash goes in the can not the ground.  I don't care if other people do it, that doesn't make it okay.

Why throw it on the floor?  I don't understand.   ???
Agreed!

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/27/10 at 5:09 pm

I don't know I guess there's not enough garbage cans over there but I do try to dispose it in the trash cans.
Then as you collect the carts throw all the trash in one on the end, and then wheel it down to the nearest trash can!  Really Howard, you need to try and prove you care about your job if you want to keep it (and keeping the appearance of your store clean, increases it's appearance, which impresses customers, which then keeps you employed!). It is not complicated! 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/10 at 7:53 pm

Littering, Howard?  Officer Obie don't like that!

And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest
father raper of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly
'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me
and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?"  I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay
$50 and pick up the garbage."  He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?"
And I said, "Littering."  And they all moved away from me on the bench
there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I
said, "And creating a nuisance."  And they all came back, shook my hand,
and we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,
father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the
bench. 

;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/27/10 at 8:04 pm

And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing, father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the bench.
;)

You got a lot of god-damned gall to ask me if I've rehabilitated myself.  I mean - I'm sittin' here on the Group W bench, 'cause you want to know if I'm moral enough to join the TSA, look at naked women, grope kids, and paw through their luggage lookin' for bottles of water, after merely having an OCD tendency to see every event this weekend in terms of an Arlo Guthrie song.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/10 at 8:12 pm

You got a lot of god-damned gall to ask me if I've rehabilitated myself.  I mean - I'm sittin' here on the Group W bench, 'cause you want to know if I'm moral enough to join the TSA, look at naked women, grope kids, and paw through their luggage lookin' for bottles of water, after merely having an OCD tendency to see every event this weekend in terms of an Arlo Guthrie song.

One of my OCD qualities: If I see a chance for an "Alice's Restaurant" joke, I can't pass it up!
:)

Written By: Howard on 11/28/10 at 6:57 am

Then as you collect the carts throw all the trash in one on the end, and then wheel it down to the nearest trash can!   Really Howard, you need to try and prove you care about your job if you want to keep it (and keeping the appearance of your store clean, increases it's appearance, which impresses customers, which then keeps you employed!). It is not complicated! 

I'll make that a resolution.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/28/10 at 2:05 pm

Littering, Howard?  Officer Obie don't like that!

And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest
father raper of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly
'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me
and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?"  I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay
$50 and pick up the garbage."  He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?"
And I said, "Littering."  And they all moved away from me on the bench
there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I
said, "And creating a nuisance."  And they all came back, shook my hand,
and we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,
father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the
bench. 

;)

You got a lot of god-damned gall to ask me if I've rehabilitated myself.  I mean - I'm sittin' here on the Group W bench, 'cause you want to know if I'm moral enough to join the TSA, look at naked women, grope kids, and paw through their luggage lookin' for bottles of water, after merely having an OCD tendency to see every event this weekend in terms of an Arlo Guthrie song.

One of my OCD qualities: If I see a chance for an "Alice's Restaurant" joke, I can't pass it up!
:)

You can get anything you want...

Karma for both of you.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/10 at 3:47 pm

I'll make that a resolution.

Why wait until January? Start now!!!

Written By: 2kidsami on 11/28/10 at 5:27 pm

Why wait until January? Start now!!!
Well that would make sense, if he wants to keep his job...

Written By: Howard on 11/29/10 at 6:57 am

Well that would make sense, if he wants to keep his job...

Yes I do.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/29/10 at 9:02 pm

Back in highschool I would check under my desk at least 3 times to see if I dropped a worksheet or something. If I didn't do it at least 3 times I would go to the same classroom after school and check it until I would get it all 3 times.  :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/30/10 at 2:11 pm

Hmmmm  I think I am experiencing deja vu... ::)

Yep, confirmed  ;)

8)

Written By: Howard on 12/31/10 at 7:03 am

Hmmmm  I think I am experiencing deja vu... ::)

Yep, confirmed  ;)

8)

Sorry about that must be The OCD. ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/14/11 at 6:27 pm

My shoelaces must be even, one side can not be longer than the other. Also if they are flat laces they can not be twisted or flipped, they have to stay flat.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 01/15/11 at 2:27 am

When I wipe something I never feel satified afterwards. I came to a point that I know that I won't ever be satisfied and decided that I have to lower my standards.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/11 at 7:00 am

When I wipe something I never feel satified afterwards. I came to a point that I know that I won't ever be satisfied and decided that I have to lower my standards.

What do you mean? ???

Written By: KayKay on 01/15/11 at 2:22 pm

Was happy to find out I'm not the only one who counts... all the time...

I say the alphabet/sign the alphabet as well - normally when I'm stressed - and to calm down I recite it backwards 3 times... why three I don't know!!

I also alphabetise my dvd's and cd's... and my books are shelved in chronological release by author...

I also have weird routines throughout the day. Just like, the order I do things!

KKx

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 10:21 pm

I say the alphabet/sign the alphabet as well - normally when I'm stressed - and to calm down I recite it backwards 3 times... why three I don't know!!

I also alphabetise my dvd's and cd's... and my books are shelved in chronological release by author...

I also have weird routines throughout the day. Just like, the order I do things!

KKx

Karma to ya.... That alphabet thing and reciting the days of the week I do it constantly. I think I'm trying to count my days off or plan in my head what's going to happen throughout the week but I just get stuck reciting today is saturday then sunday monday tues wed...back to work thurs.  then I start over again a few minutes later... it's weird.

oh my cds, dvds and books are alphabetized too but I don't think of that as OCD I just think it makes them easier to locate... I do separate them a bit. My dvds are organized by movies and tv shows... My cds are organized by soundtracks tv shows separated from movies, then regular cds alphabetized by artist, then compilation cds like The  1996 grammies or those 80s box sets-- organized by year of course...

Written By: ninny on 01/16/11 at 6:15 am

I get OCD about the dishes, I hate when Tim puts them in the sink. I like them on the counter then I fill up the sink and put them in.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/11 at 9:09 am

KKx

My CDs are alphabetized by genre-well, that is when they are put away.  :-
I get OCD about the dishes, I hate when Tim puts them in the sink. I like them on the counter then I fill up the sink and put them in.

I get that way with glasses because the sink usually gets VERY full before I do them and I'm so afraid that they are going to break.

Cat 

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/16/11 at 4:03 pm

I get that way with glasses because the sink usually gets VERY full before I do them and I'm so afraid that they are going to break.

Funny, dishes are another thing I am OCD about (besides laundry).  I do not like seeing them sit!  I HAVE to have them in the dishwasher or cleaned in drying wrack before I leave, goto bed, or etc...  Otherwise I will be in a very bad mood when I see them when I get back, or get up.  AND I will never fill up a sink to wash them, don't want them sitting in dirty, greasey, grimey water.  I will take sponge/washcloth and soak it with soap and leave water running and wash the dishes and rinse them under the running water.  If I feel there is sickness going around, and my dishwasher is broke, etc... I will boil water in the canner, and place them in the canning wrack steaming them, after they have been washed...  I LIKE MY dishes to squeek, and they are not clean until they squeek!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/16/11 at 6:07 pm

Funny, dishes are another thing I am OCD about (besides laundry).  I do not like seeing them sit!  I HAVE to have them in the dishwasher or cleaned in drying wrack before I leave, goto bed, or etc...  Otherwise I will be in a very bad mood when I see them when I get back, or get up.  AND I will never fill up a sink to wash them, don't want them sitting in dirty, greasey, grimey water.  I will take sponge/washcloth and soak it with soap and leave water running and wash the dishes and rinse them under the running water.  If I feel there is sickness going around, and my dishwasher is broke, etc... I will boil water in the canner, and place them in the canning wrack steaming them, after they have been washed...  I LIKE MY dishes to squeek, and they are not clean until they squeek!

When I do clean them, I REALLY clean them. Carlos laughs at me because I wash the dishes before I wash the dishes. I wash them and THEN I put them in the dishwasher.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 01/16/11 at 6:07 pm

What do you mean? ???

I meant I have to realize that I can only do my best when wiping and that I don't have laser vision to see all the tiny bitty germs.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 01/17/11 at 6:52 am

I have to mop the kitchen floor before heading off to sleep.

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/11 at 8:26 am

I have to mop the kitchen floor before heading off to sleep.

You've mentioned this a few times.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/11 at 9:16 am

He forgot to mention that one of his OCD qualities is that he has a tendency to repeat himself-A LOT!!!!

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/17/11 at 9:58 am

He forgot to mention that one of his OCD qualities is that he has a tendency to repeat himself-A LOT!!!!

Cat

Yeah he should start listing that one.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/11 at 1:06 pm

Sorry I must've forgotten.  :-[

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/17/11 at 1:40 pm

My Mother always tells me to stop sweeping and mopping the floor at night.

Howard, do you have to say things 3 time too?  ;)

8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/17/11 at 1:41 pm

Cat
Well I am not the only one to notice  :D

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/11 at 1:43 pm

Howard, do you have to say things 3 time too?   ;)

8)

I was in the process of doing that but you beat me too it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/17/11 at 1:48 pm

I was in the process of doing that but you beat me too it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat
Sorry!  I finally figured out how to do it, but perhaps there was an easier way than opening 3 windows :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/11 at 1:54 pm

Sorry!  I finally figured out how to do it, but perhaps there was an easier way than opening 3 windows :P

1. Find the first post and hit "reply with quote," then highlight it and copy.
2. Then backspace and find the next post-hit "reply with quote" and then hit "paste" above the post.
3. Then highlight the entire thing (the two quotes together) and then copy.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/17/11 at 8:45 pm

Ok, here's one of mine.  I can't stand to get only one hand wet.  One gets wet, I need to wet the other before drying

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/17/11 at 9:48 pm

2 days ago I counted the one minute left my pizza had to cook.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/17/11 at 10:16 pm

Ok, here's one of mine.  I can't stand to get only one hand wet.  One gets wet, I need to wet the other before drying

I do the same thing!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/18/11 at 6:50 am

Howard, do you have to say things 3 time too?   ;)

8)

Sorry that was my bad,I keep repeating myself,Maybe that's why My Parents always say "You already said that". ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/18/11 at 8:07 am

Sorry that was my bad,I keep repeating myself,Maybe that's why My Parents always say "You already said that". ::)

Ya think?

Written By: Dagwood on 01/18/11 at 5:39 pm

Ya think?

;D

Written By: Howard on 01/18/11 at 8:25 pm

Ya think?

I know!  ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/18/11 at 11:19 pm

I check my mail at least 3 times to be sure that there's still not anything else in the mailbox!  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/19/11 at 6:47 am

I check my mail at least 3 times to be sure that there's still not anything else in the mailbox!  :D

I do that throughout the 14-15 hours that I'm on the computer on my days off.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/11 at 7:52 am

I do that throughout the 14-15 hours that I'm on the computer on my days off.

I usually do 2 in a row, then about 2 hours later do it the 3rd and last time.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/11 at 1:48 pm

I usually do 2 in a row, then about 2 hours later do it the 3rd and last time.

Do you get mail?

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/19/11 at 5:50 pm

But doesn't the postman always ring twice?  ;)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/11 at 9:00 pm

;D

Written By: 80sfan on 01/19/11 at 9:01 pm

Do you get mail?

I do it after I get mail. I'm scared that I'll forget something in the mailbox that's why I check 3 times.  ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/20/11 at 5:57 am

I do it after I get mail. I'm scared that I'll forget something in the mailbox that's why I check 3 times.  ;)
You can tell you live in town!  In the winter we leave our box go for days, as no one wants to go out and across the street to get the mail and I do not come from that direction (and both our vehicles are too high to get it by rolling down window easily). 

Written By: Howard on 01/20/11 at 6:49 am

I get junk mail.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/20/11 at 7:41 am

I get junk mail.

Don't we all, junk main and bills, but that could be a rant

Written By: ADH13 on 02/06/11 at 12:44 pm

wow, even the postman has OCD :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/11/11 at 8:19 pm

Because you pull his chain twice?

Written By: Howard on 02/12/11 at 2:55 pm

Because you pull his chain twice?

Mailmen always come. :D

Written By: 80sfan on 02/12/11 at 3:03 pm

Mailmen always come. :D

Somehow the word 'mailwoman' or 'mailgirl' isn't as catchy as mailman.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/11 at 3:06 pm

Somehow the word 'mailwoman' or 'mailgirl' isn't as catchy as mailman.

How about Letter Carrier?

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 02/12/11 at 3:33 pm

How about Letter Carrier?

Cat

Yes!! That's better.

Written By: Howard on 02/12/11 at 3:41 pm

Yes!! That's better.

That seems appropriate.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/19/11 at 6:31 pm

At night, when I am in bed and are settling down to sleep, my feet are constantly moving. Yes, I wiggle my feet and half the time I don't even realize that I am doing it. As I finally drift off to sleep, my feet settle down. But, when I wake up in the morning, my feet start in again. Like I said, half the time I don't even realize they are just squirming around.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/19/11 at 6:36 pm

I pat my pockets to make sure I have everything that I need for the day to carry along with me.

Written By: nally on 02/13/12 at 6:22 pm

I pat my pockets to make sure I have everything that I need for the day to carry along with me.

As do I. Just so I don't forget anything.

Written By: Howard on 02/14/12 at 7:09 am

As do I. Just so I don't forget anything.

I want to make sure I have everything before I leave the house.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/14/12 at 11:03 am

At night, when I am in bed and are settling down to sleep, my feet are constantly moving. Yes, I wiggle my feet and half the time I don't even realize that I am doing it. As I finally drift off to sleep, my feet settle down. But, when I wake up in the morning, my feet start in again. Like I said, half the time I don't even realize they are just squirming around.

Cat

I do the EXACT same thing!  I think it helps me fall asleep...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/12 at 11:36 am

Patty said she does it, too. So, I guess I'm not the only one. It is a good thing that Carlos doesn't mind.  ;)

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/12 at 6:04 pm

I have to perform certain tasks at certain times in a certain order at certain paces and if I get thrown off schedule, I have to go back to bed for the day!
:D

Written By: Howard on 02/14/12 at 7:48 pm

I have to perform certain tasks at certain times in a certain order at certain paces and if I get thrown off schedule, I have to go back to bed for the day!
:D

What kind of tasks? Are they easy ones?  ???

Written By: warped on 01/21/13 at 12:13 pm

Never thought about this.
I'd say none.

Written By: Howard on 01/21/13 at 8:06 pm

I tend to repeat myself sometimes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/21/13 at 8:44 pm

I tend to repeat myself sometimes.

No! Really?

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/22/13 at 12:01 am

Never thought about this.
I'd say none.

Except showing up here every day!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/22/13 at 12:53 am

--Is it considered OCD for feeling shaky if I don't buy an MJ item once a month?
--I HAVE to have a cup of coffee each morning or well, I'm not the nicest person with lack of sleep.*devil horns* 
--When I turn out my gas heater in my room, I count to ten each time to make sure its out. I used to so the same thing with light switches, but eventually cut it out.
--I have to pray each night before going to sleep or I feel like bad things will happen. Once when I was exceptionally sick a few years ago, I fell asleep without praying and was scared God was mad at me. It bothered me for a very long time.

Cyndi Lauper's so unusual, I'm so peculiar.

Written By: warped on 01/22/13 at 3:06 am

OK, one.  :D

--Is it considered OCD for feeling shaky if I don't buy an MJ item once a month?

I'd say that might be.

--I HAVE to have a cup of coffee each morning or well, I'm not the nicest person with lack of sleep.*devil horns* 

Not OCD

--When I turn out my gas heater in my room, I count to ten each time to make sure its out. I used to so the same thing with light switches, but eventually cut it out. .

Yup, that is OCD.

--I have to pray each night before going to sleep or I feel like bad things will happen. 

Lots of people do that one. Not sure if that is OCD or just religious obedience. Anyone?

Written By: Howard on 01/22/13 at 7:16 am

No! Really?

Cat

YES Really!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/22/13 at 7:16 am

That's not an OCD quality.

Written By: Howard on 01/22/13 at 7:19 am

Is it considered OCD for feeling shaky if I don't buy an MJ item once a month?

Why would you feel shaky?

I have to pray each night before going to sleep or I feel like bad things will happen

That's what I do every night before I fall asleep.

Written By: meesa on 01/22/13 at 8:20 am

Cat

Do you feel an impulse to move them, like you just have to or it will drive you nuts? If so it could be restless leg syndrome. I have that and it is horrible. It only happens when I am very stressed or tired.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/13 at 11:44 am

Do you feel an impulse to move them, like you just have to or it will drive you nuts? If so it could be restless leg syndrome. I have that and it is horrible. It only happens when I am very stressed or tired.

No, it is not RLS. It is more like how a cat will kneed their paws when content. I basically flex the muscles and stretch.

Cat

Written By: Inertia on 01/22/13 at 11:56 am

I always have to make sure the door is locked before I go to bed. I sometimes check more than once just to be certain.

I tap tennis shoes on the ground several times before I will wear them for fear a spider or other bug make be inside. I actually have knocked a bug or two out before too so it is a good practice.

Written By: meesa on 01/22/13 at 12:50 pm

No, it is not RLS. It is more like how a cat will kneed their paws when content. I basically flex the muscles and stretch.

Cat

Ahh, I get it.  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/22/13 at 1:09 pm

I always have to make sure the door is locked before I go to bed. I sometimes check more than once just to be certain.

I always do that too, you want to make sure more than once.

Written By: Howard on 01/22/13 at 1:11 pm

I used to pluck my eyebrows out of nervousness or anxiety but I don't do it as much as I used to 20 years ago.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/22/13 at 3:50 pm

Why would you feel shaky?

That's what I do every night before I fall asleep.

I seriously don't know why I feel shaky. I guess I'd feel like a bad fan or something and I inherently know I'm the best fan MJ ever had. But last October, when I skipped buying an MJ iten in favor of a horror film festival i felt off. I guess because I've told myself its my "reward" for going to dialysis and not punching an inept nurse.

--I also check the doors liek crazy. Two years ago my home was broken into and I haven't really rested well since. I already sleep badly anyway and this just made it worse.

Written By: nally on 01/22/13 at 4:08 pm

As do I. Especially when I have the house to myself for the night. I like to make sure I'm safe.

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/22/13 at 6:31 pm

--I have to pray each night before going to sleep or I feel like bad things will happen. Once when I was exceptionally sick a few years ago, I fell asleep without praying and was scared God was mad at me. It bothered me for a very long time.

He is not like that :). I pray every moment, every second of my life. When I speak, also in my mind. My mother tells me I have a special way of connecting with him. For me it is everything.

I do have a few OCD qualities which mainly have to do with everything being in order. If there is a stack of books, I arrange them so that they are in order from largest to smallest. Things like that.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/22/13 at 9:41 pm

I've bitten my nails since I've had teeth.

Written By: warped on 01/23/13 at 6:38 am

I seriously don't know why I feel shaky. I guess I'd feel like a bad fan or something and I inherently know I'm the best fan MJ ever had. But last October, when I skipped buying an MJ iten in favor of a horror film festival i felt off. I guess because I've told myself its my "reward" for going to dialysis and not punching an inept nurse.

If you never bought another MJ item for the next 30 years, no one would think you are a bad fan. Everyone here (and maybe most people you know) are aware you are an MJ fan.  No need to put any pressure on yourself to buy anything of his. I'm sure you have enough already. Just enjoy what you already have. :)

Written By: Howard on 01/23/13 at 7:16 am

-I also check the doors liek crazy. Two years ago my home was broken into and I haven't really rested well since. I already sleep badly anyway and this just made it worse.

I'm sorry your house was broken into.

Written By: Macaroni Man on 01/25/13 at 10:28 pm

I make all the desks align in class if the rows are crooked...and I check all pockets at least four times while gradually getting into the water. 

Written By: Howard on 01/26/13 at 7:15 am

I pat my pockets to check to see if I have everything before I leave the house for the day.

Written By: warped on 01/26/13 at 6:14 pm

I pat my pockets to check to see if I have everything before I leave the house for the day.

That's not really OCD I think. If you do it multiple times it might be.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/13 at 8:07 pm

That's not really OCD I think. If you do it multiple times it might be.

Sometimes I do but not all the time, I want to make sure I have everything before I leave the house for the day.

Written By: Bobby on 02/03/13 at 7:45 pm

What's a tvtrope?

TV Tropes is a website I discovered recently and actually pretty ingenious. I heartily recommend a look at it.

It's been mentioned a couple of times on this thread already but I'll add my understanding of it. A trope is probably best described as an established/overused/cliched/stereotypical plot or character device in a piece of fact/fiction.

E.g

In the romance section of Tropes, there is one trope called 'Accidental Hand Hold'. This is when two people reach for the same item and find themselves holding hands instead. This can lead to them instantly letting go, pretending the incident never happened or letting go in disgust with A or B looking sad. Sometimes, they both blush, knowing that they're holding hands, but don't act on their feelings. If they're lucky, both can turn to each other, before leaning in and kissing.."

You've seen this plot device used plenty of times in romantic films, it's called a 'trope'. 

Written By: nally on 02/03/13 at 10:30 pm

TV Tropes is a website I discovered recently and actually pretty ingenious. I heartily recommend a look at it.

It's been mentioned a couple of times on this thread already but I'll add my understanding of it. A trope is probably best described as an established/overused/cliched/stereotypical plot or character device in a piece of fact/fiction.

E.g

In the romance section of Tropes, there is one trope called 'Accidental Hand Hold'. This is when two people reach for the same item and find themselves holding hands instead. This can lead to them instantly letting go, pretending the incident never happened or letting go in disgust with A or B looking sad. Sometimes, they both blush, knowing that they're holding hands, but don't act on their feelings. If they're lucky, both can turn to each other, before leaning in and kissing.."

You've seen this plot device used plenty of times in romantic films, it's called a 'trope'.

I have discovered that site too. It's got some pretty interesting stuff. :D There are some 'tropes' that I understand pretty well (such as 'Dawson Casting', which in a nutshell is defined as hiring actors in their 20s (or even early 30s) to play the part of a teen) and others which I have to read in full detail before I can fully understand.

Written By: Howard on 02/04/13 at 7:07 am

I used to look in the garbage for food not that I was homeless but it was just a habit I had all the time.  :-[

Written By: snozberries on 02/04/13 at 7:09 am

I used to look in the garbage for food not that I was homeless but it was just a habit I had all the time.  :-[

hopefully you don't still do this

Written By: Howard on 02/04/13 at 7:34 am

I try not too it's a gross habit.

Written By: warped on 02/04/13 at 8:03 am

I used to look in the garbage for food not that I was homeless but it was just a habit I had all the time.  :-

Try to not do that one anymore. Try hard.

Written By: Bobby on 02/04/13 at 4:59 pm

I try not too it's a gross habit.

Why would you look in the bin for food...especially since you are very enthusiastic about mopping and cleaning up?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/04/13 at 6:24 pm

Why would you look in the bin for food...especially since you are very enthusiastic about mopping and cleaning up?

My friend Sammy used to do this.  It was't OCD, and it wasn't lack of food money.  It was because it was Sammy being Sammy. 

"You got that pizza out of the trash?  That's disgusting, Sam!"
"What? It was right on top, still in the box.  The guy took one bite of out and threw it away. I saw it."
"Oh, I see, I see.  Can you possibly forgive my knee-jerk response to an irrational cultural taboo?"
8-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKC5jjFkfgo

Written By: Howard on 02/04/13 at 7:55 pm

Try to not do that one anymore. Try hard.

It was a compulsion, couldn't help myself. :(

Written By: Howard on 02/04/13 at 7:56 pm

I don't know I had a compulsion at the time.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/04/13 at 10:03 pm

It was a compulsion, couldn't help myself. :(

Tell it to the judge, kid!

Written By: Bobby on 02/04/13 at 10:15 pm

My friend Sammy used to do this.  It was't OCD, and it wasn't lack of food money.  It was because it was Sammy being Sammy. 

"You got that pizza out of the trash?  That's disgusting, Sam!"
"What? It was right on top, still in the box.  The guy took one bite of out and threw it away. I saw it."
"Oh, I see, I see.  Can you possibly forgive my knee-jerk response to an irrational cultural taboo?"
8-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKC5jjFkfgo

Great use of a Seinfeld clip.  8)

Ah well, Howard. I hope you've learnt not to take food out of bins now. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/05/13 at 7:04 am

Tell it to the judge, kid!

I just don't know why I did but I would have to go back 20 years ago this month when I was first diagnosed with OCD. February 26th,1993.

Written By: Howard on 02/05/13 at 7:07 am

Great use of a Seinfeld clip.  8)

Ah well, Howard. I hope you've learnt not to take food out of bins now. :)

I've learned my lesson.

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/05/13 at 7:22 pm

I wonder if being extremely orderly can be an OCD quality?

Written By: Bobby on 02/05/13 at 7:36 pm

It can be though it's really got to affect the quality of your life in order to 'qualify' (not that you would want such an affliction, lol). I'm not sure it's the act itself that is the problem, that is just the symptom of OCD like negativity, poor self-image and sadness are symptoms of depression. The core problem lies in the strong compulsive feelings you have before you do the act and the feeling of relief of those strong complusive feelings after the task is done. There is little rationality behind the symptoms and may almost have a superstitious element to it I guess?

E.g A person may turn the gas oven on and off 10 times before s/he is sure in themselves it is properly turned off.

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/05/13 at 7:47 pm

It can be though it's really got to affect the quality of your life in order to 'qualify' (not that you would want such an affliction, lol). I'm not sure it's the act itself that is the problem, that is just the symptom of OCD like negativity, poor self-image and sadness are symptoms of depression. The core problem lies in the strong compulsive feelings you have before you do the act and the feeling of relief of those strong complusive feelings after the task is done. There is little rationality behind the symptoms and may almost have a superstitious element to it I guess?

E.g A person may turn the gas oven on and off 10 times before s/he is sure in themselves it is properly turned off.

I guess that would also go for someone who arranges things in alphabetical order.

Written By: Bobby on 02/05/13 at 8:50 pm

I guess that would also go for someone who arranges things in alphabetical order.

In a way, it's not what the action is in itself. It's how severe the person feels when things aren't right. In your example of alphabetical order, there is a difference between putting A next to B when you find an opportune time to do it (myself and lots of organised people are like that) and then having to put A next to B as soon as possible otherwise you can't handle your life until that action is completed as soon as possible.

An easily identifiable indication of OCD is the germs/cleanliness thing. People with OCD can be obsessed with washing their hands multiple times a day because they believe that germs will contaminate them or harm them in some way. Washing your hands is a good thing, but not if you can't get out of the bathroom because you simply won't allow yourself to stop washing your hands because you are afraid of germs. This means the action is affecting your life and that is something different.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/13 at 9:37 pm

In a way, it's not what the action is in itself. It's how severe the person feels when things aren't right. In your example of alphabetical order, there is a difference between putting A next to B when you find an opportune time to do it (myself and lots of organised people are like that) and then having to put A next to B as soon as possible otherwise you can't handle your life until that action is completed as soon as possible.

An easily identifiable indication of OCD is the germs/cleanliness thing. People with OCD can be obsessed with washing their hands multiple times a day because they believe that germs will contaminate them or harm them in some way. Washing your hands is a good thing, but not if you can't get out of the bathroom because you simply won't allow yourself to stop washing your hands because you are afraid of germs. This means the action is affecting your life and that is something different.

The obsessive compulsion is often illogical.  Pathological hand washers often live in squalid apartments with bugs and rotting garbage everywhere.  They can't be bothered to clean the place up because they have to go wash their hands again. 

My uncle had OCD.  One of his compulsions was flossing his teeth.  He would floss 20 time a day.  Not 17 times, not 22 times.  20 times a day.  He would excuse himself every hour, sometimes twice an hour, to floss.  What would happen if he didn't floss 20 times a day?  He would get the flu.

Now, Paul never brushed his teeth.  He just flossed 20 times a day.  Why didn't he brush his teeth?  Because if he brushed his teeth, he would get the flu.  You can imagine how that worked out for him!

Paul did get a scrip for anti-OCD meds, but he was obsessed with either overdosing or underdosing or taking the wrong tablet.  So he had to read the inscription on each tablet 50 times before ingesting it.  Not 46 times, not 53 times.  50 times.  If he lost count, he would have to start again from one.  You can imagine how that worked out for him!

Poor guy!

Written By: warped on 02/06/13 at 6:48 am

The obsessive compulsion is often illogical.  Pathological hand washers often live in squalid apartments with bugs and rotting garbage everywhere.  They can't be bothered to clean the place up because they have to go wash their hands again. 

My uncle had OCD.  One of his compulsions was flossing his teeth.  He would floss 20 time a day.  Not 17 times, not 22 times.  20 times a day.  He would excuse himself every hour, sometimes twice an hour, to floss.  What would happen if he didn't floss 20 times a day?  He would get the flu.

Now, Paul never brushed his teeth.  He just flossed 20 times a day.  Why didn't he brush his teeth?  Because if he brushed his teeth, he would get the flu.  You can imagine how that worked out for him!

Paul did get a scrip for anti-OCD meds, but he was obsessed with either overdosing or underdosing or taking the wrong tablet.  So he had to read the inscription on each tablet 50 times before ingesting it.  Not 46 times, not 53 times.  50 times.  If he lost count, he would have to start again from one.  You can imagine how that worked out for him!

Poor guy!

Sounds like your uncle was a hypochondriac as well.
I have known some people who had to accomplish a menial task the same # of times such as locking the door the same # of times everyday, if they lost count, they'd have to start all over...Yeah, poor guys  :-[

Written By: Howard on 02/06/13 at 7:29 am

OCD is a ritual, a compulsion in some way.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/06/13 at 11:44 am

Sounds like your uncle was a hypochondriac as well.
I have known some people who had to accomplish a menial task the same # of times such as locking the door the same # of times everyday, if they lost count, they'd have to start all over...Yeah, poor guys  :-[

He had a smorgisbord of psychiatric symptoms.  He had some autistic spectrum disorders.  He had OCD.  He was not schizophrenic, but he had some delusions of persecution.  Fears of being poisoned.  Paul is the only person I never once heard laugh out loud.  He was a very bright guy.  Lots of interests in mathematics, astronomy, and philosophy, but way too dysfunctional to make a go of anything.  I shouldn't talk of him in the past tense.  He's still alive and lives in an old folks apartment house outside of Boston.  I haven't seen him in many years.  My aunt and my cousins check up on him periodically and make sure he's doing okay. 

Written By: 80sfan on 02/06/13 at 11:45 am

I used to think of 'dots' in my head, and if I didn't count all the dots right I would recount them. :-\\

With medication and counseling I grew out of it.

Written By: Bobby on 02/06/13 at 4:38 pm

Poor guy!

Poor guy indeed.  :(

The whole ordeal would drive me round the twist after one day let alone going through my life imprisoned by it. I know a person at work who doesn't laugh and has the same expression on his face most of time. I would say it's a shame but if he doesn't know any better he doesn't miss it I suppose.

I hope your uncle is getting the proper care and attention in his home.  :)

Written By: Goodogbadog on 03/09/13 at 10:12 pm

I pick, polish, sort, collect, arrange, scrape and pick some more. The house is rather casually kept, but once I get started cleaning, I'll zero in on a particular project and work at it obsessively. I have ADD, too, so if the telephone rings or something, off I go. And I don't make a point to go back to the project at all!! I'll think of it and I'll say, oh I'll get back to that real soon. I won't forget. Why would I forget? And then I forget.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/13 at 12:33 pm

I must sit in seat 108 at the Saban theater in Beverly hills during paleyfest. In 4 yrs I've only not had that seat one time and it pissed me off.  Last night I got challenged for my seat by line jumpers but my friends totlally had my back!

Written By: Howard on 03/10/13 at 2:45 pm

I like to wash my Mother's floor once a day before they head off to bed.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/08/13 at 9:25 pm

You know the plastic ties that you get off of bread bags?  I put them in a straight line  on the window sill in the kitchen.  ::)  Try explaining that to your mother the next day when you have a breakdown after she's broken them up and thrown them out. ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/09/13 at 7:04 am

You know the ties that you get off of bread bags?  I put them in a straight line  on the window sill in the kitchen.  ::)  Try explaining that to your mother the next day when you have a breakdown after she's broken them up and thrown them out. ::)

What do you use the ties for?  ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/09/13 at 10:28 am

What do you use the ties for?  ???

I didn't use them for anything.  I just collected them without ever really having a real reason why? I don't even know why I would freak out every time my mother would break them up and throw them out?

Written By: Howard on 04/09/13 at 2:31 pm

I didn't use them for anything.  I just collected them without ever really having a real reason why? I don't even know why I would freak out every time my mother would break them up and throw them out?

maybe you wanted to use them for some design? ???

Written By: ninny on 04/09/13 at 3:03 pm

Is having a fit when someone puts dirty dishes in the sink an OCD quality? If so that's me, I have to have the dishes on the counter and it upsets me when my husband puts them in the sink. I prefer the sink be empty so I can fill it with the dish soap and water, then add the dirty dishes.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/09/13 at 3:25 pm

maybe you wanted to use them for some design? ???

I don't know? I don't think so.  I think I just wanted to keep them there.  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/13 at 4:13 pm

Is having a fit when someone puts dirty dishes in the sink an OCD quality? If so that's me, I have to have the dishes on the counter and it upsets me when my husband puts them in the sink. I prefer the sink be empty so I can fill it with the dish soap and water, then add the dirty dishes.

I have a fit when people put glasses in the sink. Yeah, the sink fills up with dirty dishes but I am afraid if glasses are in there, they will break. So glasses go on the counter but the dirty dishes can go in the sink. And then the dirty dishes will go into the dishwasher-so I don't have to worry about filling the sink up with water.

Cat

Written By: ADH13 on 04/09/13 at 6:37 pm

Lately I've been really bothered by any alert icons on my phone... little envelopes, voice mail symbols, etc.  If I don't clear them right away, I keep feeling like I need to check my phone just because I know they're there.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/09/13 at 9:23 pm

Just the other day I had a fit with my mother after I went to put salad on my dinner plate and I had only one piece of avocado on my entire plate.  I don't even know why it was I had such a fit about that? It wasn't as if my mom was going to let me starve or anything like that but still I laugh at it now like why was I so afraid of not getting any avocado in my salad?

Written By: ninny on 04/09/13 at 9:59 pm

I have a fit when people put glasses in the sink. Yeah, the sink fills up with dirty dishes but I am afraid if glasses are in there, they will break. So glasses go on the counter but the dirty dishes can go in the sink. And then the dirty dishes will go into the dishwasher-so I don't have to worry about filling the sink up with water.

Cat

yeah glasses is a no-no.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/13 at 6:46 am

You prefer to have the sink clean.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/13 at 6:48 am

Lately I've been really bothered by any alert icons on my phone... little envelopes, voice mail symbols, etc.  If I don't clear them right away, I keep feeling like I need to check my phone just because I know they're there.

I have that, If I see a symbol like an envelope or an alert icon I have to check it before it keeps bothering me more.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/10/13 at 12:05 pm

I also have to put the clean dishes on the cutting board in a specific  way like dishes,  glasses, utensils and that sort of thing. 
I get upset whenever someone interferes I just give an icy cold stares!

Written By: Howard on 04/10/13 at 7:19 pm

I sometimes have to wipe down the tables in the break room, I hate putting lunch on a sticky table.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/12/13 at 7:16 pm

I sometimes have to wipe down the tables in the break room, I hate putting lunch on a sticky table.

I do the dishes in a specific order because if I don't like the way that my mother puts the dishes in the sink.  She puts the plates and the serving pieces in the dishwater first and I like doing the utensils and glassware first.

Written By: Howard on 04/12/13 at 7:30 pm

I do the dishes in a specific order because if I don't like the way that my mother puts the dishes in the sink.  She puts the plates and the serving pieces in the dishwater first and I like doing the utensils and glassware first.

What about the cups? Do they have a certain way too?  ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/13/13 at 10:37 am

What about the cups? Do they have a certain way too?  ???

Yes.  I have to do them with the utensils and then put them away according to where they go in the kitchen. 
For example I put the glasses in with the eating plates because they all go in the same cupboard, service dishes all go in the same cupboards, and the utensils all go in the same drawer.
I have no idea why I do it that way? It's just the way that I do it because I don't know how to do it any other way.
In fact my mother gets very frustrated with me when I do it this way and I get very frustrated with her whenever she says "why don't you do it this way?"?

"Because mom! That's not the way that I do things!"

Written By: danootaandme on 05/29/13 at 5:23 am

That isn't OCD, that is smart  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/29/13 at 7:50 am

That isn't OCD, that is smart  ;)

I don't like to put my food down on a nasty disgusting table.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/29/13 at 7:51 pm

I don't like to put my food down on a nasty disgusting table.

I wouldn't want to either. 8-P

Written By: Howard on 05/30/13 at 7:26 am

I wouldn't want to either. 8-P

you have a lot of pigs and slobs over there 8-P

Written By: Tashlovglit on 05/30/13 at 10:41 am

you have a lot of pigs and slobs over there 8-P

Approximately how many people work there?  Of all those people how many do you think clean up after themselves?  If they leave trash for others to clean up imagine what they're like at home  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 05/30/13 at 8:03 pm

Approximately how many people work there?  Of all those people how many do you think clean up after themselves?  If they leave trash for others to clean up imagine what they're like at home  :-\\

I don't know approximately but a lot do work there you have the workers who eat their fried chicken, Chinese food, pizza and hamburgers. I lot of them (most of them) just leave their crap behind and then the next day when I want to sit down for lunch I have to spray the table with Lysol. customers do the same thing outside.  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/13 at 8:08 pm

Usually at home they are neat.  Clean up where you live but who cares about work? 

Written By: Howard on 05/31/13 at 6:51 am

Usually at home they are neat.  Clean up where you live but who cares about work?

workers don't care about leaving messes, they're hoping someone else will clean up after them, That's why Pathmark is in the state that it's in. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/13 at 11:39 pm

They hoped I wouldn't register so many complaints of indecency as their son had on them and get them thrown out of the country.)  It didn't work.  Now they own the crib apartments.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/13 at 7:54 am

I pat my pockets before I leave the house to make sure I have everything before entering the bus.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/04/13 at 7:11 pm

I frequently check my pockets through the day to make sure I haven't lost my wallet and phone.

Written By: Howard on 06/05/13 at 7:20 am

I frequently check my pockets through the day to make sure I haven't lost my wallet and phone.

I have the bad habit of going out of my house and forgetting them when I have to catch a bus.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/05/13 at 9:39 pm

I have to have a watch on me when I go to work, but any other time I don't feel weird without it on.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/13 at 7:15 am

I have to have a watch on me when I go to work, but any other time I don't feel weird without it on.

I carry a small liquid quartz clock with me every day.

Written By: Tashlovglit on 06/06/13 at 3:09 pm

I have to have either the radio or fan on while I sleep at night.  Complete silence creeps me out.  I know that seems weird coming from me seeing as I am into Horror movies but I have felt this way for as long as I can remember. 

Written By: nally on 06/06/13 at 3:47 pm

I often do that as well, even at the unlikelihood of either item falling out of my pocket. (I think the only way they could fall out is if I were lying down somewhere...which is not likely if I'm not in anyone's home.)

Written By: Howard on 06/06/13 at 8:14 pm

I have to have either the radio or fan on while I sleep at night.  Complete silence creeps me out.  I know that seems weird coming from me seeing as I am into Horror movies but I have felt this way for as long as I can remember.

Sometimes I like the fan too.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/08/13 at 12:32 am

Sometimes I like the fan too.

I just like to have the bathroom light on.  Ever since my dumb dad took me and my brother to see The Gremilins movie when we were kids I haven't been able to sleep at all.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/08/13 at 5:41 am

I just like to have the bathroom light on.  Ever since my dumb dad took me and my brother to see The Gremilins movie when we were kids I haven't been able to sleep at all.  ::)

you think they're Gremlins lurking about?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/31/13 at 12:33 pm

you think they're Gremlins lurking about?

;D

Written By: Howard on 07/31/13 at 7:58 pm

I like spraying the breakroom tables before I sit down to eat, I hate eating on a sticky table. 8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/13 at 8:39 pm

inthe00CDs!
8)

Written By: Howard on 08/01/13 at 7:42 am

I mop the floor after My Parents go up to go to sleep.

Written By: The Valley Goth on 08/08/13 at 6:58 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

You don't WANT to know!
8)

Written By: Howard on 08/09/13 at 3:36 pm

Like, Hi, Fer Shurr,

You don't WANT to know!
8)

Yes I do. ;)

Written By: MarkMc1990 on 12/11/13 at 2:05 am

I cannot STAND when I eat some kind of food with my hands that leaves my fingers sticky or greasy or covered in some other kind of residue...and therefore I feel like I can't use my hands or even touch anything until I wash them/wipe them clean. On a related note, when washing my hands I tend to leave them under the running water longer than necessary out of fear I won't get all the suds or soap residue off...that would cause the cycle would repeat!

I have more I just can't think of them.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/13 at 7:19 am

I cannot STAND when I eat some kind of food with my hands that leaves my fingers sticky or greasy or covered in some other kind of residue...and therefore I feel like I can't use my hands or even touch anything until I wash them/wipe them clean. On a related note, when washing my hands I tend to leave them under the running water longer than necessary out of fear I won't get all the suds or soap residue off...that would cause the cycle would repeat!

I have more I just can't think of them.

I always have to wash my hands too.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/13 at 7:22 am

every time I go into the break room for my lunch I always have to wipe the tables down, I just don't want to put my lunch down on a greasy messy table.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/20/22 at 11:18 pm

I think we all have some.

Hehe you took the words off my keyboard!!

Yes we all have stuff we like done a certain way..... OCD is a good thing really!!

Written By: nally on 08/21/22 at 1:12 am

Yes we all have stuff we like done a certain way....

And I feel like this from time to time as well. There's a part of me that says if it's not done a certain way, then it'll throw everything else off. I know the feeling.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/22 at 3:20 am

I mop the floor in the morning.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/26/22 at 7:25 pm

Excellent :)

Check for new replies or respond here...