inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where is Howard?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/10/12 at 11:23 pm

I miss his comments and opinions!!  :(

Subject: Re: Where is Howard?

Written By: wildcard on 11/11/12 at 12:05 am

power outage .  He let us all know he was doing well and is eager to come back as soon as he can

Written By: 80sfan on 11/11/12 at 12:08 am

power outage .  He let us all know he was doing well and is eager to come back as soon as he can

Oh yeah, I forgot that he's from New York!! Glad he's doing okay.

Written By: warped on 11/11/12 at 7:14 am

Howard has power back in his home, got it back between Nov 4th and Nov 6th. He's posted from his buddy's and from the library to let us know he's doing OK. No cable TV and no internet connection yet in Howard's home as of Nov 6th.

Written By: snozberries on 11/11/12 at 12:04 pm

NO CABLE???? Man that sounds like hell.....  I'm glad howard and his family are safe tho!

Written By: tv on 11/14/12 at 7:09 pm

Hope he is ok. He hasn't posted in awhile.

Written By: wildcard on 11/14/12 at 7:50 pm

thought about him yesterday, when is he going to be able to post again from home or go to the library or a friends house again?

Written By: warped on 11/14/12 at 8:00 pm

thought about him yesterday, when is he going to be able to post again from home or go to the library or a friends house again?

Yeah, I miss Howard too.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/12 at 10:15 pm

I hope it's not too rough going for Howard.  Last November our power was out for eleven days and I was pretty fed up with it by the end.  What really sucks is when the surrounding neighborhoods get their power and you don't.  So you're reading Harry Potter by kerosene lamp and the guys across the street are stringing up xmas lights and busting out the video games!
:(

Written By: warped on 11/15/12 at 6:38 am

I hope it's not too rough going for Howard.  Last November our power was out for eleven days and I was pretty fed up with it by the end.  What really sucks is when the surrounding neighborhoods get their power and you don't.  So you're reading Harry Potter by kerosene lamp and the guys across the street are stringing up xmas lights and busting out the video games!
:(

Howard said his home has power back. They have heat & electricity, just no internet connection or cable yet (as of Nov 6th)

Written By: tv on 11/15/12 at 4:12 pm

Howard said his home has power back. They have heat & electricity, just no internet connection or cable yet (as of Nov 6th)
Oh ok. At least he can watch TV now and not be freezing in the cold.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/12 at 6:31 pm

Just to give you guys an update, still waiting for Time Warner to give us back the computer, phone, and TV.(some wires are still down) I am still posting from my friend's house as of now so hopefully and maybe we'll get it back by tomorrow but I have a lot of going back a lot of days from where I left off from the storm, If not tomorrow then I don't know when, My Mother's aggravated and my Father is surely pissed off so whatever happens whether it be tomorrow or whenever, I'll see you soon. Once again, take care!  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/15/12 at 6:32 pm

and still waiting for Time Warner. ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/15/12 at 6:33 pm

Yeah, I miss Howard too.

I miss you guys too.

Written By: warped on 11/15/12 at 6:34 pm

and still waiting for Time Warner. ::)

It's great to see you here, Howard.

Woo Hoo!

Written By: Howard on 11/15/12 at 6:34 pm

NO CABLE???? Man that sounds like hell.....  I'm glad howard and his family are safe tho!

Time Warner has become an asshole!  >:(

Written By: Howard on 11/15/12 at 6:35 pm

It's great to see you here, Howard.

Woo Hoo!

great to see you too.  :) Sorry if this waiting has taken long, I apologize.  :(

Written By: whistledog on 11/15/12 at 6:41 pm

Just to give you guys an update, still waiting for Time Warner to give us back the computer, phone, and TV.(some wires are still down) I am still posting from my friend's house as of now so hopefully and maybe we'll get it back by tomorrow but I have a lot of going back a lot of days from where I left off from the storm, If not tomorrow then I don't know when, My Mother's aggravated and my Father is surely pissed off so whatever happens whether it be tomorrow or whenever, I'll see you soon. Once again, take care!  :)

Come back soon Howard.  We miss you :)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/godeltsihw/HowardAtATime.jpg

Written By: nally on 11/15/12 at 6:55 pm

I miss you guys too.

Thanks Howard. We miss having you around too. Thanks for updating us on your situation.

Written By: snozberries on 11/15/12 at 7:00 pm

Sorry Time Warner sucks....can I talk you into signing up with Directv?  :D

Written By: 80sfan on 11/16/12 at 9:15 am

Yay!! Howard posted!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/12 at 12:20 pm

Thanks for checking in with us. We all miss you and are concerned. My mother used to have Time-Warner and hated it. Then she switched to Dish Network (we got her a deal with them), and she loved it. I really hope that they give you some compensation when they finally give you back your service.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/12 at 12:21 pm

Welcome back, Howard!  Glad to see you're alive and well.
:)

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:17 pm

You'd have to talk to Stanley (My father) he's the one that pays the bills.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:20 pm

Yay!! Howard posted!  ;D

still posting from my friend's house as of November 22nd sorry but I'm still not posting at my own computer yet I'm at my buddy's house just giving you guys an update.

Written By: nally on 11/22/12 at 12:22 pm

still posting from my friend's house as of November 22nd sorry but I'm still not posting at my own computer yet I'm at my buddy's house just giving you guys an update.

Thanks for your update... and have a safe Thanksgiving http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/thanksgiving/smiley.gif

Written By: warped on 11/22/12 at 12:23 pm

Nice to see you Howard, and I will give you Karma now! Happy Thanksgiving.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/12 at 12:27 pm

The prodigal son returns. Welcome back, Howard. Hopefully, you will be able to come back and join us full time, soon.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:29 pm

Welcome back, Howard!  Glad to see you're alive and well.
:)

I'm here but not at my own computer yet still posting at my friend's house posting here. It's quite annoying cause right now Time Warner has lack of workers and they can't get their ass to come over here and give us back my computer, TV and phone and My Mother is almost having a nervous breakdown and My father goes to sleep quite early cause he's bored as hell with nothing to do SO Time Warner said that possibly next week with an appointment they will show up, hopefully this will be our calling.We don't know but we'll see what happens but I'll keep you guys updated with what's happening with me. Everything's good just it gets quite monotonous doing the same thing coming home without the television and computer being on every day. Anyway that's about all can't post a lot cause this is my buddy's computer, not mine. And once again I'll talk to you guys soon. Take care, love you all.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/12 at 12:30 pm

You'd have to talk to Stanley (My father) he's the one that pays the bills.

you should talk to him about it for me...  ;D

Welcome back- even if it's brief and happy thanksgiving.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:31 pm

Thanks for your update... and have a safe Thanksgiving http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/thanksgiving/smiley.gif

Thank You I'm at my friend's house having dinner with his buddies.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:33 pm

Nice to see you Howard, and I will give you Karma now! Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank You I appreciate it. This thing with Time Warner can't go on much longer either they do something about this or maybe My Father might consider switching to a different plan.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:35 pm

The prodigal son returns. Welcome back, Howard. Hopefully, you will be able to come back and join us full time, soon.

Cat

I can't say when I'll be back but keep your fingers crossed. Something has to be done with Time Warner.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:37 pm

you should talk to him about it for me...  ;D

Welcome back- even if it's brief and happy thanksgiving.

What do you want to talk to him about? Do you know anything about Time Warner? What plan do you have in Los Angeles?  ???

Written By: warped on 11/22/12 at 12:38 pm

I can't say when I'll be back but keep your fingers crossed. Something has to be done with Time Warner.  ::)

Just phone them and say..with a singing voice

LET'S...DO...THE TIME...WARNER....AGAIN.....

It's just a flick of the switch (to your left)

(everyone) "It's just a flick of the switch to your right"

DAMMIT  JANET ( at time warner)

I WANT CABLE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 11/22/12 at 12:38 pm

Thank You I appreciate it. This thing with Time Warner can't go on much longer either they do something about this or maybe My Father might consider switching to a different plan.  >:(

Good to see you back, Howard.

Don't be too harsh on the cable company.  I am sure they have been busy dealing with lots of other families just like yours. 

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:39 pm

Thanks for checking in with us. We all miss you and are concerned. My mother used to have Time-Warner and hated it. Then she switched to Dish Network (we got her a deal with them), and she loved it. I really hope that they give you some compensation when they finally give you back your service.

Cat

My Father is getting our bill lowered.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:39 pm

Just phone them and say..with a singing voice

LET'S...DO...THE TIME...WARNER....AGAIN.....

It's just a flick of the switch (to your left)

(everyone) "It's just a flick of the switch to your right"

DAMMIT  JANET ( at time warner)

I WANT CABLE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

It's not going to happen that way.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:41 pm

Don't be too harsh on the cable company.  I am sure they have been busy dealing with lots of other families just like yours.

But how long are we gonna wait? This is getting to be ridiculous, almost 30 days we've been waiting I don't understand what's going on. ::)

Written By: wildcard on 11/22/12 at 12:41 pm

been wonderen bout you  Howard   

Written By: nally on 11/22/12 at 12:41 pm

Thank You I'm at my friend's house having dinner with his buddies.

That's good. :)

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/12 at 12:42 pm

What do you want to talk to him about? Do you know anything about Time Warner? What plan do you have in Los Angeles?  ???

I have Directv...that's why I'm trying to talk you into directv  ;D  I always try to talk people into Directv.  I get a deal if anyone ever takes me up on switching!  :D

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:43 pm

been wonderen bout you  Howard 

How are you doing Ann?  :)

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:43 pm

That's good. :)

I'm trying not to stay on here much longer but I'll post as much as I can.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 12:44 pm

I have Directv...that's why I'm trying to talk you into directv  ;D  I always try to talk people into Directv.  I get a deal if anyone ever takes me up on switching!  :D

Does DirectTV do New York?  ???

Written By: warped on 11/22/12 at 12:46 pm

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/new_customer/base_packages.jsp?lpos=header

Phone number is on top right of the page

ZIP code pops up to see if you can get service.

I'm gonna ask for 1/2 of Q's deal if you sign up  :D

Written By: wildcard on 11/22/12 at 12:54 pm

How are you doing Ann?  :)

doing.  I had gotten an ear infection that hadent cleared up with the first medicene, so I'm on another medicene.  Hopefully I can get through the medicene with no side effects and the ear will get better. Haven't been hurting or anything and it was sunny this morning so I went out to get some sun on my back and got to hear all the birds chirping.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/12 at 12:54 pm

yes they do...it's a satellite company. They do the world! (essentially)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/22/12 at 12:56 pm

Even on JetBlue-except over the ocean.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/12 at 1:05 pm

Even on JetBlue-except over the ocean.

Cat

O0

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 1:32 pm

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/new_customer/base_packages.jsp?lpos=header

Phone number is on top right of the page

ZIP code pops up to see if you can get service.

I'm gonna ask for 1/2 of Q's deal if you sign up  :D

I might talk to my father about it.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/12 at 1:33 pm

We'll see what happens with Time Warner and I'll let you know.

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/12 at 1:38 pm

I might talk to my father about it.

PM me if you decide to do it....

in the meantime I hope you have a good dinner with your friend and his family

Written By: Dagwood on 11/22/12 at 1:45 pm

hadh
But how long are we gonna wait? This is getting to be ridiculous, almost 30 days we've been waiting I don't understand what's going on.

I wish I had an answer for you.  I am sure your family isn't the only one going thru it. 

Written By: warped on 12/05/12 at 7:31 am

"ninny" got a message from Howard today. She's posted it here this morning

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=39148.msg2967212#new 

But I thought I post it in this thread.

Got this message from Howie:
Im doing well still without computer tv and phone and hopefully time warner will give us our basic needs. I do apologize for my quite long abscence but for now i can only post somewhere else and not in mine, i hope to get back on soon. Anyway i love you all and please tell the guys i dont know when ill be back but ill keep you guys abreast of whats happening with me. Take care goodbye:)

Written By: whistledog on 12/06/12 at 4:59 pm

Howard used the word Abreast.  That made me laugh because he actually used it in a non sexual way.  Come back soon Howard.  We miss you :)

Written By: nally on 12/06/12 at 5:12 pm

I saw it there, and I hope he can rejoin us as soon as possible!

Written By: Howard on 12/07/12 at 8:36 am

Hi its me again and I am posting from my friend's small tablet. It's almost
9:30am in the morning and probably gonna have some breakfast soon so I will be
leaving his house later. I really do hope we
get the rest of our power back soon, This is making my mother nauseous and my father and I bored stiff, just coming home and turning on the radio then going to sleep at 9pm. So when the power does come back on I will be on my own computer. Take care see you soon. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 7:43 pm

You wanna know where I am? I am right here!  :) The power finally came back this mid-afternoon (well,mostly) The phones are working and the computers are working BUT the TV isn't because there is no signal and My Father tomorrow when he comes home from Florida has to call the cable company to turn on the box so we can watch television after a month and a half except coming home and listening to the damn radio. ::) So anyway just letting you guys know that I missed you all and I'm back on full time but I'll be back again tomorrow morning cause right now my computer is updating quite loads of stuff so I can't talk long and I have to check on those things so anyway have yourselves a good night and I'll see you then. BYE!  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 12/10/12 at 7:46 pm

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you, Howard. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 7:48 pm

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you, Howard. :)

Thank You, right now my computer is updating loads of stuff from Windows to AVG to Apple Software and a few others. How are you doing Dag?  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 7:50 pm

I miss his comments and opinions!!  :(

I know I miss him too.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 7:51 pm

starting today.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 7:52 pm

They do suck, they forgot to turn on our cable box! ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 12/10/12 at 7:54 pm

Glad you are back Howard!  8)

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 7:55 pm

being harsh? you make an appointment with them then they give you a time they're supposed to show up and they don't! Is there something wrong this picture?  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/10/12 at 8:02 pm

being harsh? you make an appointment with them then they give you a time they're supposed to show up and they don't! Is there something wrong this picture?  ::)

I think maybe they were just a bit busier than normal howard...  ;)

welcome back

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 8:03 pm

Glad you are back Howard!  8)

How are you doing Sami?  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 8:04 pm

I think maybe they were just a bit busier than normal howard...  ;)

welcome back

busy, my ASS!  ::)

Are they too busy to get out of their truck from their coffee breaks?  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/10/12 at 8:07 pm

okay...they weren't busy...you guys were the only one's in all of queens (and the east coast) needing service the last few weeks...I'm sure they were sitting around having tea and crumpets saying "Hmmmm I wonder how long we can jerk the Star family around'  ::) 

still, nice to have you back  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/12 at 8:16 pm

Hi its me again and I am posting from my friend's small tablet. It's almost
9:30am in the morning and probably gonna have some breakfast soon so I will be
leaving his house later. I really do hope we
get the rest of our power back soon, This is making my mother nauseous and my father and I bored stiff, just coming home and turning on the radio then going to sleep at 9pm. So when the power does come back on I will be on my own computer. Take care see you soon. :)
Good to hear from you, sorry it is not at home yet.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 8:34 pm

okay...they weren't busy...you guys were the only one's in all of queens (and the east coast) needing service the last few weeks...I'm sure they were sitting around having tea and crumpets saying "Hmmmm I wonder how long we can jerk the Star family around'  ::) 

for a month and a half, my mother was actually crying for most of the month.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/12 at 8:35 pm

Good to hear from you, sorry it is not at home yet.

But now I am I'm just checking in saying hello but I'll be back again tomorrow.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/10/12 at 9:31 pm

Thank You, right now my computer is updating loads of stuff from Windows to AVG to Apple Software and a few others. How are you doing Dag?  :)

Pretty good, thanks.  :)

That's how most cable companies operate....heck most repairmen I deal with, too. ;D

;D  What Q said. 

We sure missed you around here, Howard.  Good to have you back.

Written By: snozberries on 12/10/12 at 9:55 pm

for a month and a half, my mother was actually crying for most of the month.

sorry to hear that howard

Written By: warped on 12/11/12 at 7:02 am

Hey, Howards' back.
Same old Howard..

Welcome back!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/12 at 11:39 am

Welcome back, Howard.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 8:34 pm

I'm still here, have been on the boards now almost 8 hours now and trying to get back to where I left off before the storm hit which is about a month a half of unread posts so it might take me until tomorrow morning (maybe afternoon) to get updated so that's why I'm not going as fast I used to. But I'm not sure would it be easy to put the computer on sleep mode and not log off until I wake up and turn on the computer at 530am( I have the day off) OR just log off and come back tomorrow with a shutdown? ???

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 8:37 pm

sorry to hear that howard

My Mother is the super sensitive one My father he's the more pissed off Archie Bunker type.

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 8:38 pm

Hey, Howards' back.
Same old Howard..

Welcome back!

Thank You.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/12/12 at 11:15 am

Welcome back Howard!!!

Written By: Howard on 12/12/12 at 7:11 pm

Welcome back Howard!!!

Thanks Carlos. It feels good to be all caught up with everything now.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/12/12 at 9:06 pm

Thank You.
^ There he is!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/13/12 at 8:40 am

^ There he is!  ;D

and here I am to stay.

Written By: wildcard on 12/13/12 at 12:22 pm

but you're offline

Written By: Howard on 12/13/12 at 4:39 pm

but you're offline

now I'm not.

Written By: wildcard on 12/13/12 at 6:21 pm

yes you are

Written By: Howard on 12/14/12 at 6:57 am

yes you are

no I'm not.

Written By: wildcard on 12/14/12 at 12:54 pm

(sigh)

Written By: warped on 12/14/12 at 1:13 pm

Howard's in Paris now.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/14/12 at 1:15 pm

Howard's in Paris now.

I have been at this place in real life  :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/14/12 at 1:51 pm

Howard's in Paris now.

Without his bunny ear.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: wildcard on 12/14/12 at 4:43 pm

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/uh%20O%20s/jackhoward.jpg

Written By: Howard on 12/14/12 at 7:42 pm

Howard's in Paris now.

I'll be back soon.

Written By: Howard on 12/14/12 at 7:43 pm

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/rocksannwastaken/uh%20O%20s/jackhoward.jpg

;D

Written By: warped on 12/15/12 at 7:53 am

Howard's in Egypt now.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/15/12 at 11:50 am

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/15/12 at 7:31 pm

Howard's in Egypt now.

you could've at least shrunk the square to make my head fit in it.

Written By: warped on 12/15/12 at 7:52 pm

you could've at least shrunk the square to make my head fit in it.

I don't have the computer technology or soft ware to do that.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/15/12 at 8:05 pm

I don't have the computer technology or soft ware to do that.  ;)

It's ok you're forgiven.  ;)

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 12/16/12 at 6:09 am

The editing looks SO 90s  ;D

Windows 95 or 98 + Paint to be exact ;)

Written By: warped on 12/16/12 at 7:44 am

The editing looks SO 90s  ;D

Windows 95 or 98 + Paint to be exact ;)

Yup, windows paint. Exactly.

Written By: wildcard on 12/16/12 at 10:51 am

paint is what I use to do my pictures in almost all the time.  Now I have this thing I don't really have a clue how to use.  Fortunatly I still have something that's like paint also.

Written By: nally on 12/16/12 at 1:15 pm

Yup, windows paint. Exactly.

I still use that to manipulate certain pictures... or even combine elements of various pictures I find on the internet. Often times I find myself using the "eraser" tool a lot, just to isolate one element (and that even requires zooming in so that I don't delete any "good" pixels). Of course when I'm done, I always save the picture as a .JPG file (as BMP images take up a lot more memory).

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/12 at 3:02 pm

I use an online program fotoflexer.com. It's not perfect but it gets the job done

Check for new replies or respond here...