inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Good School Fights!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/16/12 at 6:38 pm

I was inspired for this thread by another talking about cutting class. I know everyone has either seen or been in one hell of a wang-dang-doodle fight during thier years, and I'd like to hear about them. I've seen quite a few and actually been in a couple. And to start off, I'll share one of the best fights I ever saw:

This happened during my senior year of high school. It's amazing how the most innocent things can turn into something huge. Usually my friends and I would congregate outside the library, in the hopes of playing on the internet for a while before classes started. That particular morning the librarian was late, we stood outside just chatting. Now a few feet away, I saw a couple of underclassmen messign around, play hitting at each other. We didn't pay them any mind and were still talking.
Eventually the librabrian showed up and opened the door and we started to go in. That's when I heard someone yell, "Fight! Fight!" Turning, I saw the same two boys now rolling on the pavement, and kids running to see the fight.
I was going to watch, but the librarian started making us go in. On the way in, though two sets og glass, steel framed doors, I saw my teacher just standing there, trying to tell us to come in and leave the fight.
mid-sentence, my teacher gasped and her eyes bugged out. Like everyone spun around to see what happened. one boy had thrown the other clean through the bottom pane of glass on the fist set of doors and broken it. Can you beleive the boy got up and kept fighting?
After a while cause it wass a big campus, the principals and secuirty appeared and broke it up, but the damage was already done. I never knew who paid for the pane of glass. LOL.

Well share everyone!

Subject: Re: Good School Fights!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/12 at 6:44 pm

Personally, I don't think ANY fight is GOOD! I don't like fighting whether it be watching or being in one. Yeah, I was in a few-not by choice and it traumatized me.

Cat

Written By: warped on 11/16/12 at 6:51 pm

I got in a good school fight during the 2nd grade. I was a short kid being picked on for weeks and weeks. When I thought I had enough I decided to challenge the leader of the 3rd grade gang and he got me hard in the ribs, I fell down, in pain. From somewhere I got enough energy to get up & kick him in the stomach. He didn’t expect that. After he fell down I jumped on top of him and began to pound his face, continuously.

By this time there was a decent crowd around us and he tried to dig his fingers into my face to make me stop pounding him.  We rolled around in the playground and I pinned him (on the floor) against a tree, I kept screaming at him, yelling my weeks of frustration out and kept pounding his face.

In the end I think there were 40 or 50 kids watching us. I left with pain in my ribs. He had a very bloodied nose, bloodied mouth and cuts to his face.

They never bugged me again.  ;)

It's the only big fight I ever got into where blood was involved. I don't really like fighting but in this instance, had to do it.

Written By: nally on 11/16/12 at 7:10 pm

Personally, I don't think ANY fight is GOOD! I don't like fighting whether it be watching or being in one.

I agree on all counts. Not the type of thing I ever wanna be involved in.

Yeah, I was in a few-not by choice and it traumatized me.

Cat

I might've been involved in a few myself, but they were mild compared to ones that attract a lot of attention (crowds). I was picked on a lot at school, for one thing, and I wanted to get back at the kids who treated me disrespectfully.
I really wanted to punch them in the face, but I could never really get myself to commit to physical violence, because it's never a good thing.

Some of those kids later cleaned up their acts, but others didn't.

Written By: snozberries on 11/16/12 at 10:38 pm

I  got in one in 4th grade... boys vs girls... I hated this one boy because he called me a B-I-T-C-H...I didn't know what it meant but I figured it was bad.  The teacher heard and made him go look it up.  Bitch: noun, female dog. 

me: I'M NOT A DOG!  >:(     

:D

later in the play ground we did that thing where one person kneels behind one who is standing while another person gets that standing person to walk backwards... I totally got that dude to fall on his ass....

he then pushed me into a concrete pillar and I lost half of my front tooth. 

Written By: gibbo on 11/17/12 at 2:27 am

Many may not believe it (with my smart mouth) ... but I have never been in a fight.  The closest I have been is at the football grand final in 1979. I had around 15 cans of beer in the hot sun and got pretty drunk. Apparently, I propositioned a girl and didn't even notice her boyfriend sitting next to her. The next moment I went flying through the crowd, had my shirt ripped and had blood on my head. To this day, I have no idea of what happened beyond what I just typed.  This is all my mates could tell me...

But it had a happy ending with a woman coming to my defence with the immortal words..." leave him alone...he's too drunk to know what he's doing!"  I recall feeling mighty embarrassed and slinking off to throw up somewhere. I threw up out of the car window for the entire 2 hr journey home!

Ahhhh .... the good old days.

The 'best' fights I've witnessed were at the football or cricket and usually after idiots had been drinking for many hours in the sun. Two guys were fighting in the male toilet. There was blood all over one guys face ... and the other guy kept telling him to stop coming after him. The idiot kept getting up and kept getting smacked down again. It was quite frightening as they were blocking the exit. No one (including me) stepped in to try and stop it. I guess the two fighting were just too unpredictable. Everyone just wanted to get out of there!

Written By: Inertia on 11/17/12 at 6:39 am

I have one to share.

In seventh grade, I happened to be a quiet girl who spent mornings in the library. People frequently bullied me because I was different and didn't wear designer clothes.

One day in computer class I noticed a gaggle of jocks talking among themselves and occasionally looking at me and laughing. I thought to myself: "I bet they are gossiping about me."

A few minutes later my class headed toward the break room. I was one of the last people to leave the room and so it left me, the jerks, and the teacher as the only people in the hallway.

With his gang of goons behind him, one of the jocks named Todd strode beside me and placed his arm around my shoulder. I turned to him and frowned. He said: "Hey, how about going to the movies with me this Saturday?"

I knew he and his friends hoped I would say yes so they could have a good time laughing at my expense later. However, being wise to their game, I shoved Todd into the nearest locker and said, "Don't touch me."

This prompted his friends to laugh at him instead of me. The teacher said nothing.

Later, in the break room, I suppose he decided he did not have enough punishment and sent one of his female friends into the fray. She found me standing in my usual location and said, "Todd really likes you. What's your phone number? I can give it to him for you."

"It's 555-GET-ALIFE! Do you guys really think I'm that stupid? Besides, even if it wasn't a joke, I still wouldn't be interested in someone as ugly as him. You can tell him to shove his phone where the sun don't shine and buzz off," I said.

The girl walked away and said nothing. None of them bothered me past that day.

Written By: warped on 11/17/12 at 10:47 am

I might've been involved in a few myself, but they were mild compared to ones that attract a lot of attention (crowds). I was picked on a lot at school, for one thing, and I wanted to get back at the kids who treated me disrespectfully.

Not fun to be picked on at school, I can relate. I was picked on coz I was short. Same for you?
I eventually grew in high school and and now 5'11, and maybe taller than half who bugged me back then  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/17/12 at 11:38 am

I don't know if this could exactly be considered a fight, but...

When I was in the second grade, I got the bathroom pass from my teacher and went off to the boys room to take a dump. While I was in there doing my business, another kid walked up to the stall, got down on all fours, stuck his head under the wall and then looked up and smiled at me. Which really pissed me off, because instinctively I kicked him in the face as hard as I could and he got up and ran out of the bathroom bawling. (Now that I think about it, he may have even gotten a shiner out of the deal.) And I felt maybe a little bad about it but not really.

That kid moved away a year or two later but sometimes I wonder if he grew up to be gay. Nonetheless, that was the last time I ever went Number 2 while I was at school, even all the way up through high school.  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/12 at 7:58 pm

Most of 'em weren't any good at all:

"Come on!"

"Come on!"

"You wanna go? Let's go!"

"I'll kick your ass!

"Come on!"

"No you!"

"F**k you"!

"N, f**k YOU!"

"Come on!"

"You come on!"

"All right all right all right, let's break that up now, boys!"

"You're lucky."

::)

I was a scrawny little kid, so I generally ran away from a fight.  Social code said it was chickensh*t.  I said it was better than getting my face pounded in.  I didn't pick fights per se, but I tended to SAY evil sh*t that would hurt bigger kids' feelings real deep.  Provocation.  I figured even if I took a beating, I could rip him one with something he'd be telling his analyst in thirty years and the joke would be on him.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31300000/Hannibal-Lecter-liking-villans-more-than-heroes-31394184-320-240.gif

Written By: nally on 11/17/12 at 8:04 pm

Not fun to be picked on at school, I can relate. I was picked on coz I was short. Same for you?
I eventually grew in high school and and now 5'11, and maybe taller than half who bugged me back then  ;D

actually, not really. I have been over 5 feet tall since I was 12, but before then I was picked on for reasons unknown. I don't know if it had to do with the way others observed me, or what.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/17/12 at 9:23 pm

Alot of my fights dealt with bullying and alot of the time I was picked on for Michael Jackson. I am a Taurus so I was one stubborn little brat about Michael. I never could fudgeing understand why everyone else could like the singers they liked, but it turned into a damn national tradgedy that I liked Michael. I never could fathom that.
But one day I was particularly hot because this skinny bitch who kept bothering me about Michael all 6th grade year--and subsequently made life hell for 7th and 8th grade--kept ridng my back.
Michael's gay. He molests boys. I very vividly remember hearing "he pumps boys in the booty" quite often.
Just tormenting me. He wouldn't like your fat ass, Tiffeny. You're a girl. He likes boys. That's coming out a 12 year old's face mind you.
And in math class, as Miss Shaeffer was giving her lesson, I just snapped.
And to be honest, I don't know what the hell happened. I just remember screaming, getting up and running.
and the next thing I knew, as I was told, was that I had shoved her into a desk with such force it over turned and she fell backwards and smacked her head on the floor. (which was thin carpet over concrete.) and the girl went down and stayed down.
The class came to a standstill. No one could beleive little fat, quite, lonely Tiffeny actually stood up and kicked an ass. The girl left me alone for months.
But that was just one of the many, many battles we had.
I recall one fight where i was unarmed and she had a belt and busted me in the face with the buckle. I mean it was a bunch of little stupid bull. But to this day, I'm glad I knocked fire from her.

Written By: warped on 11/18/12 at 5:41 pm

I was picked on for reasons unknown. I don't know if it had to do with the way others observed me, or what.

Did they find you different? Was it because you weren't bullies like them?

Written By: nally on 11/18/12 at 5:54 pm

Did they find you different? Was it because you weren't bullies like them?

Possibly. I could go into more details, but maybe if you PM'ed me, I could do that.

At age 11 I went to a summercamp (only for a few days), but there were some kids there that were mean to me, calling me names and things like that. At first I was unsure why they were doing that, but as I began to look back on it, I figured they were giving me those labels because I had never been away from home without my family, and was worried that something would happen to my belongings. And by belongings, I am referring to items that I brought in a suitcase, and by worried, I mean that someone was gonna snatch them from me or I felt that they weren't secure. Must be those first-time jitters. Still, that shouldn't give kids the right to be nasty to others (but at that age, some kids don't know any better).

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/18/12 at 9:44 pm

I never started any fights, but I have finished quite a few.  I find it distasteful, to be honest, but some people deserve to have their asses kicked.

Written By: warped on 11/19/12 at 7:54 am

In grade 5, I had a few fights with the same guy, over and over again. He picked on me coz I was shorter than he was and he probably labelled me as a nerdy kid because my grades were good. We wrestled a lot, threw punches, no blood though, both got sent to the Principal's office once or twice.

During the latter part of grade 5, I was already helping others in Math. One of the guys I was helping was the biggest kid in class. Instead of paying me in cash or buy me a chocolate bar or whatever, I got him to beat up the guy who was bugging me (because the guy I was helping in Math hated him too).

The original guy who got into fights with me was bigger than me, so this guy was bigger than him and got him for me. Payback again is nice.

There were lots of fights in our school. I don't think there was one kid who didn't get into a fight at some point.

Written By: nally on 11/19/12 at 10:49 am

I witnessed a few verbal fights at school, such as a student arguing with a teacher about something...and the kid ultimately being sent to the principal's office.

Written By: warped on 11/19/12 at 12:16 pm

I witnessed a few verbal fights at school, such as a student arguing with a teacher about something...and the kid ultimately being sent to the principal's office.

When I was in 10th grade, one guy..right in the middle of class called our teacher "You old effin fool, get your face out of your ass coz you don't know that the whole class thinks you are a retarded effin moron, we make fun of you all the effin time but you are too ignorant and stupid to realize it, and you think we are gonna learn anything from you? Who the eff cares!" (or at least I remember it in those words). The whole class laughed their asses off as the teacher viciously scolded the guy, teacher's face turned all red and he really blew up at the guy.

But I guess this is for another thread..the "idiot student insults teacher" thread.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/19/12 at 3:15 pm

I've seen a few verbal confrontations in my day and well, even caused a few. But I remember one teacher in paticular in high school. Mr. Earle taught me for Algebra in 11th grade and also chemistry in 12th. The thing you must know about Mr. Earle is, he was an extremely emotional man and a week didn't pass without him having a meltdown freaking out and running from the room. His legend preceded hm. The year before I started high school., he had punched out the glass in door because his students locked him out. Bloody handed and all. It came to be a challenge among the students to see who could get him to freak the quickest. I've seen tons of blow outs by him, and will share one I won't soon forget. (I'll share the others too cause this man was the true definition of the word "character")

I was a senior and had been excused from my English class on the other side of the campus to go to the little girls room. I walked all the way across campus to the math/science building because the bathrooms were cleaner. Now in that hall, I tried three girls rooms, all of which were locked. The last bathroom was down the hall from Mr. Earl's room. I recall as I went down the hall, I could hear him shrieking at the top of his lungs.
I didn't think much of it, because he always screamed. Later, after using the bathroom, I was headed back to English class.
I was maybe three doors down, when I heard him bellow "GET OUT! GET OUT! I DONT CARE WHERE THE HELL YOU GO!GET OUT!" and the boy he was screaming at said something along the lines of go eff yourself.
And the door FLEW open with a bang. What scared me was, up over head, as light fixtures were these big plastic half-moons that resembled the planets, and after Earle threw the boy out, he slammed the door.
And down came Mercury, hitting the floor so hard, every single door in the hall opened with a teacher and students coming to see what happened. I just stood there, watching Mr. Earle. all sweaty and worked up, trying to pick up the fixture and apologize to everyone. It was sad. (But made good gossip as word have covered campus before the day ended.)

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/20/12 at 9:00 am

When I was in 10th grade, one guy..right in the middle of class called our teacher "You old effin fool, get your face out of your ass coz you don't know that the whole class thinks you are a retarded effin moron, we make fun of you all the effin time but you are too ignorant and stupid to realize it, and you think we are gonna learn anything from you? Who the eff cares!" (or at least I remember it in those words). The whole class laughed their asses off as the teacher viciously scolded the guy, teacher's face turned all red and he really blew up at the guy.

But I guess this is for another thread..the "idiot student insults teacher" thread.

Reminds me of how my senior physics class managed to pass.  It was first period - we were all failing - one girl in class was REALLY built.  She can into the classroom early, sat on the teacher's lap and caressed his bald head, saying stuff like "Mr Versept you are sooo sexy".  Then the rest of the class came in and just sat down.  The girl got up and took her normal seat.  Nothing was said,  but the message was clear

Written By: warped on 11/20/12 at 10:14 am

Reminds me of how my senior physics class managed to pass.  It was first period - we were all failing - one girl in class was REALLY built.  She can into the classroom early, sat on the teacher's lap and caressed his bald head, saying stuff like "Mr Versept you are sooo sexy".  Then the rest of the class came in and just sat down.  The girl got up and took her normal seat.  Nothing was said,  but the message was clear

Ha! You never forget things like that.  Wish I was there!  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/20/12 at 11:29 pm

And that's when Don Carlos decided to go for a teaching career!
8)

On a side note, I've heard girls on campus boast about dressing trampy for professors to get good grades.  Yet if a professor so much as looks at a coed cross-eyed she shrieks sexual harassment.  They say you can't have it both ways...sometimes you can.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/21/12 at 12:24 am

8)

On a side note, I've heard girls on campus boast about dressing trampy for professors to get good grades.  Yet if a professor so much as looks at a coed cross-eyed she shrieks sexual harassment.  They say you can't have it both ways...sometimes you can.

My hubby used to have a girlfriend (back before we were married, of course) that slept with their Russian-language professor (apparently my hubby was the next boyfriend after the professor, and the professor wasn't quite ready to "move on" yet.  The woman told my hubby that "everybody does it."  ??? )  Sleep with the professor for grades.  Umm, no, not everybody.  The girl was absent from the class, and the professor asked my hubby where she was.  Sounds pretty creepy.  :-X

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/21/12 at 10:13 am

8)

Yea, well.  One day a very attractive girl came into my office, flashed her beaver at me and said "Professor Carlos, I'll do ANYTHING for an A, ANYTHING".  I replied "Will you study?"

Written By: nally on 11/21/12 at 11:48 am

I witnessed some similar feuds in my high school days, including one in which two dudes in my U.S. History class were bickering with each other and one of them used lots of f-bombs; the teacher tried to make him stop, but to no avail, so he sent that person out of the room... to B-1, a classroom used as the "referral room", for kids who are either tardy to class or misbehave in class.

Written By: warped on 11/21/12 at 12:07 pm

I witnessed some similar feuds in my high school days, including one in which two dudes in my U.S. History class were bickering with each other and one of them used lots of f-bombs; the teacher tried to make him stop, but to no avail, so he sent that person out of the room... to B-1, a classroom used as the "referral room", for kids who are either tardy to class or misbehave in class.

Back then (When I was in school) and someone said an f-bomb in class, it was an instant visit to the principal and possible suspension from school.
When my wife was a teacher, 6-year-olds threw f bombs in class and when she went to the principal about it, they said "let it go, because it you complain about the child, her parents might present legal action against the school, bla bla bla.."

Things have changed, for the worse.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/21/12 at 9:48 pm

Back then (When I was in school) and someone said an f-bomb in class, it was an instant visit to the principal and possible suspension from school.

Yeah, things probably have changed for the worse.  (No kids, I wouldn't know first-hand.)

Same teacher that cut class along with us in response to a local disaster was also the first teacher to deliberately drop an f-bomb on us in class.  "I mean, F*boom*k it.  You're all old enough to know we're human too."  Not one of us spoke a word to our parents.  I reiterate, best - teacher - evar.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/21/12 at 11:51 pm

Yeah, things probably have changed for the worse.  (No kids, I wouldn't know first-hand.)

Same teacher that cut class along with us in response to a local disaster was also the first teacher to deliberately drop an f-bomb on us in class.  "I mean, F*boom*k it.  You're all old enough to know we're human too."  Not one of us spoke a word to our parents.  I reiterate, best - teacher - evar.

Well, we used to mouth it. 

(f-*-*-c-k-y-o-u)
WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOUNG MAN!
Vacuum.

Written By: nally on 11/22/12 at 12:11 am

Well, we used to mouth it. 

(f-*-*-c-k-y-o-u)
WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOUNG MAN!
Vacuum.

Sorta like the Last-Second Word Swap?

Check for new replies or respond here...