inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: LOA

Written By: Katluver on 04/08/13 at 8:39 pm

I'm assuming that you've all heard about the "Law of Attraction" aka "The Secret", "The Magic", "The Power".
Have any of you applied it?
I recently rewatched the movie, and I'm having mixed feelings about the concept.
One of the main goals is about feeling positive in order to get what you want, and explains that if you're having negative thoughts, things will just spiral.
Well, when I look back at past personal events, it does seem that whenever I was depressed/stressed, so much shight seemed to happen simultaneously, yet everything would start going my way once I start feeling happier.

Here is the most important procedure:
1. Ask---be as specific as possible to what you want
2. Believe---visualize
3. Receive---don't second guess; it's yours

Well, to try to make this short, I am currently working on-call until I gain enough hours to become full time. I have also been applying for better opportunities. I realize I am not in the right field, but rather than feel sorry for myself, I have been attempting to apply the loa:
-I have prayed with specific details
-I have believed and visualized
-I don't dwell on the negative

Well, it seemed like the opposite happened today. Not only did I not have my wishes fulfilled, but when I went to the coffee shop, I was pretty sure I was going to be eating a chocolate chip cookie yet the cashier informed me that they only had peanut butter and raisin (those sure looked like chocolate chip). And of course I got the, "Please play again," when I rolled up the rim.
If any of you believe in the loa, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Anyway, I could ramble on and on so I'm going to end it from here, but I would love to hear your opinions and personal experiences.

Here is the movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pDdHxARkc

Subject: Re: LOA

Written By: warped on 04/08/13 at 8:43 pm

I've never heard of any of this before, sorry, can't help.

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/13 at 12:59 am

I think the universe is telling answering you...  you said

I realize I am not in the right field:

the universe agrees and is telling you not to settle.....

oh and I think the universe is also telling you to stay away from chocolate chip cookies!  :D   

Thanks for posting the movie I've been wanting to watch it...hopefully I'll get around to it someday

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/13 at 11:40 am

I have never heard of this either. But I am a practitioner of magic. I haven't watched the video but it sounds very much like the magic that I do. And yes, some of my magic has worked.

Cat

Written By: Katluver on 04/09/13 at 12:33 pm

I have never heard of this either. But I am a practitioner of magic. I haven't watched the video but it sounds very much like the magic that I do. And yes, some of my magic has worked.

Cat

Cool. If you don't mind sharing, what sort of magic do you use?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/13 at 1:56 pm

Cool. If you don't mind sharing, what sort of magic do you use?

Wicca. I thought everyone around here knows that I am a witch.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/09/13 at 2:29 pm

Wicca. I thought everyone around here knows that I am a witch.

Cat

are you a good witch or a bad witch?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/09/13 at 4:09 pm

are you a good witch or a bad witch?

You have known me long enough, Howard to know the answer to that one.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/09/13 at 9:52 pm

I'm assuming that you've all heard about the "Law of Attraction" aka "The Secret", "The Magic", "The Power".

I have.

Like all forms of magical thinking, it's a crock.

It's Amway for the Soul.

It won't make you rich (unless you're selling it directly or you work for the Oprah Network of infomercials disguised as talk shows.)

Even the tinfoily folks over at Atlernet think it's bunk.

And if you have cancer, it just might kill you.

please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/240/4/2/oh_wait__by_irainbowdash-d483mcq.png

Suppose I told you that if you gave me $1000, your world would become a better place.  That's all you need to do.  Thousand bucks.  Most people can scrape that up in a few months.  Why not you?  The universe'll pay you back at least double.  It will because I said so, and because I'm really good with words.  I can make you feel better if you do what my words say.  Vote for me and I'll set you free.  For freedom.  For awesomeness.  For self-actualization.  I can get you any result you like, how bad do you want it?

Suppose, just for the sake of this post, that I was convincing enough in my little spiel that you really believed me, and sent me the $1000, and your world still failed to become a better place.  Now ask yourself: is it more likely that you did something wrong, or is it just possible that I was lying to you?

(But of course you did something wrong.  You sent me the thousand bucks, and the world didn't get better, did it?  That's gotta be your fault.  My world got better by about a thousand bucks, so obviously you aren't believing hard enough.  You didn't see the earlier typos in this post, it was $2000 you're supposed to send me, and that's just to get smart enough to notice the typos as I make them.  How could you have been expected to notice at the $1000 level?  Send me a check for another thousand and let's try again...)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5SCtMY53Ytc/T2ZQm9Vyd8I/AAAAAAAABM8/jkfI1-gBnbE/s320/LetsFaceItYouveCaughtMeDoingWorse.png

You are doing nothing wrong.

You have been lied to, but that's their fault, not yours.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/22/13 at 9:52 pm

I didn't know why Pat Robertson called his program "The 700 Club." 

I was like, well, that ain't right.  You don't name your church after money.  See, what if I told you if you send me $700 bucks and you can join my club!

Boy Howdy, did the put on a show.  It wasn't as much fun as the PTL, but Robertson show had a whole bogus news division.  Anytime something bad happened in the world, they'd say it was because those poor sonofabitches didn't worship Jesus, and they worshiped Jesus, they didn't worship Jesus enough, and if the worshiped Jesus enough, they'd say you worship Jesus the wrong way! And so on and so on.

Jesus cannot fail; Jesus can only BE failed!  This became conservatism cannot fail; conservatism can only BE failed. 
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/23/13 at 11:51 am

I didn't know why Pat Robertson called his program "The 700 Club." 

I was like, well, that ain't right.  You don't name your church after money.  See, what if I told you if you send me $700 bucks and you can join my club!

Boy Howdy, did the put on a show.  It wasn't as much fun as the PTL, but Robertson show had a whole bogus news division.  Anytime something bad happened in the world, they'd say it was because those poor sonofabitches didn't worship Jesus, and they worshiped Jesus, they didn't worship Jesus enough, and if the worshiped Jesus enough, they'd say you worship Jesus the wrong way! And so on and so on.

Jesus cannot fail; Jesus can only BE failed!  This became conservatism cannot fail; conservatism can only BE failed. 
::)

The Catholic Church here is called "Our Lady Of Seven Dolors." Of course "dolors" means sorrows but I want to call it , "Our Lady of 7 Dollars."  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: warped on 04/23/13 at 7:41 pm

but Robertson show had a whole bogus news division.  Anytime something bad happened in the world, they'd say it was because those poor sonofabitches didn't worship Jesus, and they worshiped Jesus, they didn't worship Jesus enough, and if the worshiped Jesus enough, they'd say you worship Jesus the wrong way! And so on and so on.

Oh yeah O0

(you forgot the part where you have to send in more money so that less bad stuff will happen to you)  <---- bunch of crap

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/25/13 at 12:52 am

Oh yeah O0

(you forgot the part where you have to send in more money so that less bad stuff will happen to you)  <---- bunch of crap

Welcome to the Church of the Holy Protection Racket! 

We haven't heard Mrs. Alice Stevens from Omaha for quite a little while.  What have we here? A letter here thanking all of us for our prayers for her recent knee surgery...but no donation check...Oh, Mrs. Stevens, we wouldn't want something bad to happen to those good knees, now would we?

http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pat-Robertson.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...