inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why am I always laughing?

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/19/13 at 11:19 am

I laugh at nearly everything, and of the silliest and most random things. It doesn't help that I have a brother who is such a clown. And I laugh at my father too. He does the funniest thing...complain! This is him: "Why is this light bulb like this?!" " Why is it so cold?!" " What is wrong with these people!" "Jessica, why are you laughing at me!" lol. "Is that you laughing!"....I could go on and on. And I don't just laugh...I DIE laughing each time. Tears in my eyes, red face. He has this tone that is hilarious! Sometimes when something is really funny I laugh so much that I find myself on the floor. Oh and this site doesn't help either lol. I read a lot of funny posts on here too! I once watched a documentary on TV and I remember the guy giving the documentary getting carried away...he really did. Speaking in an exaggerated tone. I died. lol. And don't get me started on commercials! "What's inside a can of DelMonte green beans?" lol! Oh my goodness! The way he says it is sooo funny!

It's hard because sometimes I laugh at the wrong moment...Does this happen to any of you?

Subject: Re: Why am I always laughing?

Written By: Inertia on 09/19/13 at 11:35 am

My grandmother use to chase my sister with a fly swatter because she laughed too much and it irritated her. Some people are just less serious than others and find the most random of things funny.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/19/13 at 12:40 pm

The reason you laugh so much is probably because you like the way it feels and because you have a good sense of humor.

Which are both very good things.  I'm guessing you're a fun person to be around. :)

Written By: gibbo on 09/19/13 at 6:20 pm

Whatever the answer ...  just don't change!  Your glass will always be half full. Happy people can be annoying but really infectious ... you will be an asset to any work place or social group.

You will probbaly die laughing!

Here's to you ....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/19/13 at 7:35 pm

Yep, there are times when I laugh at most random things. I just find it funny.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/19/13 at 9:23 pm

It's hard because sometimes I laugh at the wrong moment...Does this happen to any of you?

Nope, never.  Haven't a clue what you might be talking about :)

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/215/7/3/pinkiii_by_aquadiamonds-d6gjrr2.png

But seriously, if those are your examples, what's the downside?  Is there ever a wrong moment to laugh? 

You want inappropriate laughter?  The two most life-threatening moments I've had were witnessing an automobile accident and being in one.  As a witness, I watched a car slide across three lanes at highway speed towards another vehicle and remembered muttering "That ain't gonna buff out..." while checking my mirrors and swerving over to render assistance.  I was deadpan by the time I got to the wreck, but my first reaction was to laugh at it.  And as the driver in an even worse accident, the words before I caught air were "*poop* - swerve - air - Welp, that didn't work ou- *CRUNCH* - Yep, we're boned - *CRUNCH* - *pause*  Hmm.  I'm not dead yet..." before doing a quick limb check, and, upon realizing all my limbs were still there and working well, "Time to GTFO!"

People are funny.  You're people.  I'm people.  So laugh.  And remember, you can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter"!

Written By: 80sfan on 09/19/13 at 9:59 pm

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/bHre06Dfah4/hqdefault.jpg

Written By: karen on 09/20/13 at 1:16 am

Sometimes I find I laugh as a nervous reaction when I find it hard to deal with other emotions.  I used to do it when my daughter was having a major rage because I couldn't sort out how I felt about what was happening.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/20/13 at 1:52 am

Sometimes I find I laugh as a nervous reaction when I find it hard to deal with other emotions.  I used to do it when my daughter was having a major rage because I couldn't sort out how I felt about what was happening.

I was gonna mention.

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/20/13 at 11:14 am

Yesterday I was at the library, and this lady who works there gave me some cookies for FREE. She was giving them out to everyone. So I took the cookies and started eating them a few minutes later. Then she turns around and gives me a dollar back in change. I didn't buy anything the cookies were free! So why did she give me a dollar?! It made absolutely no sense, and I nearly choked on the cookies! It's those kinds of silly things that really make me laugh! And I don't know why! Oh and the giggling....it doesn't stop!

Maybe I have a problem....or MAYBE NOT :D

Well, I hope I don't.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/13 at 3:41 pm

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/bHre06Dfah4/hqdefault.jpg

;D

Written By: Howard on 09/20/13 at 3:42 pm

Yesterday I was at the library, and this lady who works there gave me some cookies for FREE. She was giving them out to everyone. So I took the cookies and started eating them a few minutes later. Then she turns around and gives me a dollar back in change. I didn't buy anything the cookies were free! So why did she give me a dollar?! It made absolutely no sense, and I nearly choked on the cookies! It's those kinds of silly things that really make me laugh! And I don't know why! Oh and the giggling....it doesn't stop!

Maybe I have a problem....or MAYBE NOT :D

Well, I hope I don't.

That was odd.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/20/13 at 4:37 pm

I don't always laugh but when I do; I usually laugh at a good joke.  :)

Written By: Katluver on 09/21/13 at 9:15 am

I used to have the same problem as you, Amjikloviet, but experience it less the older I get.
-I remember when I was 7, I was having trouble sleeping and just started laughing--I think it might have been because it was so quiet.
-That following day, I was remember what happened the night before and starting giggling so the substitute teacher asked why I was laughing.
-When I was 8, we were clearing out our desks on the last day of school. The teacher was mad at one of my friends because she had an old sandwich in her desk. It was so old that it was dark blue, and I started laughing. The teacher turned around and started drilling me along with checking MY desk.
-I've laughed watching a cat walking on a fence.
-I've laughed when I heard sirens playing in the background of an opening theme show (Emergency?)
-I remember my late grandmother told me that if people saw me laughing for no reason, they would think I came from the loony bin, which would make me laugh even more because I found the term "loony bin" hilarious.
-In high school, I was standing next to my crush during national anthem (it was an instrumental version), which caused me to snicker a little because everybody was silent including him.
-I've laughed at broken school supplies.
-People have laughed at me for laughing.
-I hate it when I'm drinking something and I have the urge to laugh when my mouth is full of fluid.
-I have laughed to the point where tears run down my face.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/13 at 3:49 pm

I hate it when I'm drinking something and I have the urge to laugh when my mouth is full of fluid.
-I have laughed to the point where tears run down my face.

It has happened to me too someone tells me a joke, liquid spits out and it's uncontrollable.  ;D
and I have laughed so hard I start to cry.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/13 at 3:51 pm

I used to laugh when my Mother sometimes mentioned "breasts" or breast cancer but I am more serious about it.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/21/13 at 4:58 pm

I can't even mention any anatomic words without laughing.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/22/13 at 3:52 pm

I can't even mention any anatomic words without laughing.  ;D

PENIS!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/22/13 at 4:13 pm

PENIS!

;D Howard! Really now!  ;D

I told you. 

Written By: Howard on 09/22/13 at 4:19 pm

;D Howard! Really now!  ;D

I told you.

;D Sorry I'll tone it down a notch.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/22/13 at 4:31 pm

;D Sorry I'll tone it down a notch.

;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/22/13 at 4:58 pm

I can't even watch this without laughing.  ;D

zC9GtPCEad8

First Mark grabs Sergio by his hair and kisses him.  Then Mark puts his microphone up to Sergio's guitar while he steps behind him and starts grinding his hips. 

I don't know why I think that this is funny but to me it's just funny how Mark just likes to grind his hips behind the guitar and bass players and get up in everyone's faces.  ;D It's almost like Mark is having a little too much fun.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/05/13 at 1:06 am

tmFXdalRuJU

This is another thing that I can't help but laugh at.

Some nitwit mother wrote to the company and complained that the palm tree on the Zoodles can, when turned upside down, looked like  a penis? LOL ;D I can't even say that to myself without laughing.  ;D

Written By: Katluver on 10/05/13 at 9:28 am

tmFXdalRuJU

This is another thing that I can't help but laugh at.

Some nitwit mother wrote to the company and complained that the palm tree on the Zoodles can, when turned upside down, looked like  a penis? LOL ;D I can't even say that to myself without laughing.  ;D

What's sad is that I still remember that commercial. 
I don't remember seeing palm trees whenever I ate a bowl of Zoodles.  :o

Written By: Howard on 10/05/13 at 4:01 pm

What's sad is that I still remember that commercial. 
I don't remember seeing palm trees whenever I ate a bowl of Zoodles.  :o

I don't remember Zoodles.  ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/05/13 at 11:11 pm

I don't remember Zoodles.  ???

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E-1r3-bk04Y/TUdytRK-0rI/AAAAAAAAANY/po57b55sokA/s1600/zoodles1.jpg

And when turned upside down the palm tree looked like a penis.  :) LMFAO! :) I'm sorry but I just can't say that without laughing.  ;D

Subject: Re: Why am I always laughing?; The seashell

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/20/13 at 9:59 am

I have died laughing...AGAIN! And this time it's thanks to my mother and my aunt. So, I was at my mother's and my aunt was there, she collects flags and things. So she bought this seashell for herself at first, and then gave it to my mother. Told us there were many seashells with different flags on them. She chose Puerto Rico because she didn't have many items that say "Puerto Rico" on them. But I mean look how they wrote it! ;D And my mother did not help joking and saying how it looks as if someone was drunk and in a hurry, grabbed a sharpie, and sloppily wrote "Puerto Rico". She even pretended to be drunk...it was too much for me! ;D 
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc463/Jaylai11/001_zps479c88e7.jpg

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/20/13 at 10:49 am

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/-828580_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x&stmp=1347401267832

Okay so this is just my mother teasing me.  So I have this photo on my desktop and all of sudden my mother comes up behind me and says "the guy on the left looks like a drag queen?"?
Now whether she means Dan Todd, who's on her left, or Sergio Galli, who's on my left, I don't know? But I started thinking to myself that I can't quite picture the Platinum Blonde guys in mumus and pink stoles! And the more I thought about it; the funnier I thought that it was.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/13 at 8:30 pm

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/-828580_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x&stmp=1347401267832

Okay so this is just my mother teasing me.  So I have this photo on my desktop and all of sudden my mother comes up behind me and says "the guy on the left looks like a drag queen?"?
Now whether she means Dan Todd, who's on her left, or Sergio Galli, who's on my left, I don't know? But I started thinking to myself that I can't quite picture the Platinum Blonde guys in mumus and pink stoles! And the more I thought about it; the funnier I thought that it was.

They all look like drag queens.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/21/13 at 12:55 am

No they don't.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/21/13 at 8:17 am

No they don't.  ;D

the one on the right does.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/21/13 at 11:53 am

the one on the right does.

Which right? Mine or yours?

Written By: Howard on 11/21/13 at 3:02 pm

Which right? Mine or yours?

My right, the one with the glasses.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/21/13 at 9:32 pm

My right, the one with the glasses.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I think everybody says that about Sergio.  But the truth is Sergio is as straight as a hat pin with three grown sons. 

http://bobsegarini.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/platinumblonde.png

Out of all of them Mark Holmes wore the most make up.  He wore even more makeup than most people's mothers did.  Compared to that photo and the one I posted before Sergio and Mark have toned down their hair and makeup quite a bit since the 1980s where bleach blonde hair and makeup on males was the normal thing.

Written By: Paul on 11/23/13 at 8:15 am

I used to laugh when my Mother sometimes mentioned...breast cancer but I am more serious about it.

I should damn well hope so, Howard!

When not to laugh?

After abdominal surgery! (And you should also try and refrain from a certain bodily function, but the nurses don't like it!)

I still wince at the memory...

Written By: Howard on 11/23/13 at 4:46 pm

I should damn well hope so, Howard!

When not to laugh?

After abdominal surgery! (And you should also try and refrain from a certain bodily function, but the nurses don't like it!)

I still wince at the memory...

After many years I got over my chuckling and learned to be more serious about it.

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/13 at 7:16 pm

LOL They kind of do now, but back in the 80s, they looked like the typical 80s male rock singer with flashy hair and outfits

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/25/13 at 12:47 am

LOL They kind of do now, but back in the 80s, they looked like the typical 80s male rock singer with flashy hair and outfits

;D

Mark was djing at the Mod Club in Toronto and he was part owner of the Mod Club in Toronto.  That's why his hair was like that. :) Now he's grown his hair out.
I think that he was kind of worried that if he rejoined Platinum Blonde then the kids wouldn't take him seriously as a DJ.  But those assumptions were found to be baseless because he discovered that kids don't really give a sheesh one way or the other.

Written By: aja675 on 12/02/13 at 12:45 am

The reason you laugh so much is probably because you like the way it feels and because you have a good sense of humor.

Which are both very good things.  I'm guessing you're a fun person to be around. :)

I agree. It's not something to be ashamed of. Trying to rationalize emotions can make you feel stressed, so don't worry about emotions that aren't negative at all.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/03/13 at 12:02 pm

Yup.  They're the best looking bunch of metrosexual males I've ever seen in my life.  Followed by Duran Duran; and Depeche Mode.  :)  In fact I think Mark Holmes could be bisexual just by the way he acts on stage.!

Check for new replies or respond here...