inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When Parents/Family are Failing pt. 2

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/14/13 at 9:27 pm

My mother had a massive stroke recently.  It was totally unexpected.  She had been going about her usual affairs  (she lived alone and drove) and then WHAM - it came out of nowhere.  She basically was alive but unresponsive ever since.

My husband, siblings and I spent a week holding vigil in the hospital.  After that awful week she had some sort of setback and succumbed to the stroke.

Tomorrow will mark six weeks since she passed.  Sometimes I feel so sad I can't stand it!  :\'(

Subject: Re: When Parents/Family are Failing pt. 2

Written By: Dagwood on 10/14/13 at 9:56 pm

Oh, sweetie.  My heart breaks for you.  I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.  I am here if you need to vent. {{hugs}}

Written By: Howard on 10/15/13 at 6:59 am

My mother had a massive stroke recently.  It was totally unexpected.  She had been going about her usual affairs  (she lived alone and drove) and then WHAM - it came out of nowhere.  She basically was alive but unresponsive ever since.

My husband, siblings and I spent a week holding vigil in the hospital.  After that awful week she had some sort of setback and succumbed to the stroke.

Tomorrow will mark six weeks since she passed.  Sometimes I feel so sad I can't stand it!  :\'(

I'm sorry about that  :\'( like Dag I'm here to listen.  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/15/13 at 9:56 am

Please accept my condolences.  Losing a parent is always hard, and especially so when it is unexpected.  I am very sorry for your lose

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/15/13 at 8:44 pm

My condolences here too.  Having watched how my parents reacted to my grandparents' deaths, it's going to take a while.  Might be a few more weeks.  Might be a few more months.  But you'll make it.

Written By: Katluver on 10/16/13 at 1:10 am

That's sad news.  :( My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Written By: gibbo on 10/16/13 at 2:24 am

AmericanGirl ... so sorry and sad to hear that news.  :\'(

I hope and pray that you learn to deal with the sadness soon. I know, easier said than done ...

Written By: Henk on 10/16/13 at 6:00 am

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you. If you feel like talking, I'm right here.

It's been just over six years since my mother passed away, rather unexpectedly. The loss still hurts, but not as much as it used to. :(

Written By: 2kidsami on 10/16/13 at 7:09 am

I am so sorry!!!  We are here to listen!  I only know from experience we can only try to understand, and offer comfort!  None of us know what YOU are going through!  We can only offer help from our own experiences!  I lost a brother and a father, both very different emotionally and the coping mechanisms that I used where different!  You are in my thoughts!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/18/13 at 3:58 pm

Thank you all for the kindness and supportive expressions.  Karma all around!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/18/13 at 9:37 pm

My heart goes out to you, American Girl!  Stay strong!  We're here for you.

Max

Written By: amjikloviet on 10/22/13 at 3:22 pm

I don't know how I could have missed this. :-[ I am very sorry about your loss recently, AmericanGirl. I know I don't know you as well as the other members here, but this made me just as sad to read. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like losing a parent...you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Check for new replies or respond here...