inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Online Dating/Relationships

Written By: amjikloviet on 10/24/13 at 11:29 am

Do you think it is possible to have a relationship with somebody "online" or over the internet? Somebody you have never met in person? I know someone who does, and he and his girlfriend have been talking via Skype for 5 months now and are always saying they are "boyfriend/girlfriend". Is that really possible? It seems they've been doing just fine with the online dating. But I could be wrong.

I feel it's ok, as long as the two people see each other and are absolutely sure that the other person is who they say they are, and are not just some creeps messing around. And of course, if they meet in person someday. But, I want to know what everyone else thinks!

Subject: Re: Online Dating/Relationships

Written By: warped on 10/24/13 at 12:24 pm

Do you think it is possible to have a relationship with somebody "online" or over the internet? Somebody you have never met in person? I know someone who does, and he and his girlfriend have been talking via Skype for 5 months now and are always saying they are "boyfriend/girlfriend". Is that really possible? It seems they've been doing just fine with the online dating. But I could be wrong.

I feel it's ok, as long as the two people see each other and are absolutely sure that the other person is who they say they are, and are not just some creeps messing around. And of course, if they meet in person someday. But, I want to know what everyone else thinks!

There was a couple who met here (inthe00s) years ago and later met face to face and are still together and very happy today. So yes, it's possible. But be very careful, lots of predators out there too.

It's also not uncommon for someone to develop a crush on someone else over the net. Probably happened here a few times.  If I were single I  would not go this route to find a romantic interest, but then again when you find someone you connect with so well...difficult to avoid the feelings.

If this is the route you are taking...just be very careful. Use your judgement.

Subject: Re: Online Dating/Relationships

Written By: Howard on 10/24/13 at 5:03 pm

I wouldn't trust online dating and relationships. Really not my thing. That's why I like meeting someone face to face in person.

Check for new replies or respond here...