inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 500 Miles, 1 Year

Written By: Tam on 01/12/14 at 9:00 pm

Last year, my husband came up with a goal for himself. He was going to run 500 miles in 1 year.

I thought he was crazy! I thought to myself "there is no way possible to accomplish that. None. Nada. Zip."

I discussed it with him, and he told me I could do it as well. Being a walker, I figured I would give it a go, without any real hope of completing it. I went to facebook and posted my goal on January 2, 2013. It kind of snowballed from there.

Q (snozberries) took me up on my goal challenge, and then posted it for herself. From there a group was formed and we took to cheering each other on through posts on facebook.

It was a difficult thing for me. I started a blog and figured I would keep up with the blog as I kept up with the walking. I failed miserably at the blog.

There was a period of 2 months where I was in Virginia visiting family, I barely walked much at all.

I did manage to complete my very first 5k. Did the Color Me Rad Run for Special Olympics in Washington, DC.

Returned home and fought with myself to get the rest of my miles done.

On December 20, 2013, I completed the 500 miles!!!!!!!

This year, I am doing the same challenge again.
Walk, jog or run your way to 500 miles by the end of the year.
You can go outside or treadmill. (Sorry, elliptical does not count)
The hardest part is getting up and getting out.
No special awards or accolades, just you and friends coming together to get active.
And no one will think any different of you if you don't complete the 500 miles - We'll be proud of you for trying!

If you would like to join myself and the others involved, just send me a personal message and I will set you up in the group we have on facebook.

I know, it sounds like an awful lot, but baby steps are the way to start. That's how I did it last year!
I am proud of anyone and everyone who gets up off the couch, even for 5 minutes, and walks, jogs or runs. You are key to making a better you!

(I have attached my completed 2013 year of walking picture.)

Subject: Re: 500 Miles, 1 Year

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/12/14 at 10:08 pm

Awesome!  8)

Written By: warped on 01/12/14 at 10:12 pm

Awesome!  8)

Agreed. Awesome and inspiring/challenging to others.

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/14 at 11:08 pm

I'm in.... I got to 250 last year... i'm going to make it to 500 this year....

Written By: Dagwood on 01/13/14 at 7:53 am

I didn't do that well at all, but I am in it again this year.  Baby steps.

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/14 at 11:44 am

I didn't do that well at all, but I am in it again this year.  Baby steps.

Whoo hoo.

Check for new replies or respond here...