inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Having a period of sadness following a period of excessive excitement

Written By: aja675 on 10/22/14 at 10:51 pm

This is what I am experiencing. In 2012-13, I had a period of excessive excitement, and now I am experiencing a period of sadness.

Subject: Re: Having a period of sadness following a period of excessive excitement

Written By: 80sfan on 10/23/14 at 4:02 pm

Sorry you're going through this, it sucks!

Subject: Re: Having a period of sadness following a period of excessive excitement

Written By: 80sfan on 10/23/14 at 4:03 pm

My period of sadness was 2009 to 2014, but there were signs in 2007 and 2008 already.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/14 at 4:57 pm

This is what I am experiencing. In 2012-13, I had a period of excessive excitement, and now I am experiencing a period of sadness.

hopefully things can get better.  :)

Written By: nally on 10/23/14 at 5:39 pm

I think I may be going through one right now (starting less than an hour ago, in fact).

I'm just not ready to talk about it in detail yet.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/23/14 at 6:49 pm

I think I may be going through one right now (starting less than an hour ago, in fact).

I'm just not ready to talk about it in detail yet.

Awww.  :\'(

Written By: aja675 on 10/24/14 at 9:00 pm

Me talking about this problem in another forum: http://www.city-data.com/forum/non-romantic-relationships/2221064-getting-up-all-time-low-following-2.html#post36942117

Written By: 80sfan on 10/24/14 at 10:02 pm

Me talking about this problem in another forum: http://www.city-data.com/forum/non-romantic-relationships/2221064-getting-up-all-time-low-following-2.html#post36942117

Some people in that forum seem to think that you may have manic depression. But did anything happen or did somebody do something to you to make you feel sad/bad? Sounds like you may have been rejected by some people (like a group of people) or by someone?

Written By: aja675 on 10/24/14 at 10:55 pm

Well, my popular facade started to lose its appeal, and then I joined a forum where the people got annoyed by me, and I got blocked on FB by a crush.

Written By: nally on 10/25/14 at 1:24 am

Awww.  :\'(

Yeah; a week ago I received my accounting certificate, which was certainly an exciting moment... and then yesterday (Thursday) I came home to find out that my dad's job, which he'd had for a mighty long time, is being eliminated. :( I know these things are probably unrelated for the most part, but hearing the bad news about my dad's job made me (and my mom, who found out about it after they spoke on the phone) feel really sad. And I'm probably going to still feel sad about it for the next several days.

Written By: Howard on 10/25/14 at 7:14 am

Well, my popular facade started to lose its appeal, and then I joined a forum where the people got annoyed by me, and I got blocked on FB by a crush.

sorry to hear that. :(

Written By: 80sfan on 10/25/14 at 9:30 am

Yeah; a week ago I received my accounting certificate, which was certainly an exciting moment... and then yesterday (Thursday) I came home to find out that my dad's job, which he'd had for a mighty long time, is being eliminated. :( I know these things are probably unrelated for the most part, but hearing the bad news about my dad's job made me (and my mom, who found out about it after they spoke on the phone) feel really sad. And I'm probably going to still feel sad about it for the next several days.

Hope he gets another job he likes.

Written By: aja675 on 10/25/14 at 9:33 am

Getting shouted at and blocked on FB made me realize I had gone too far.

Written By: nally on 10/25/14 at 9:40 am

Hope he gets another job he likes.

Thanks man, I hope so too. He's got lots of experience working in the same general field (journalism, something he's had a passion for all his life).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/25/14 at 10:33 am

Social media can be fun, illuminating, and in many cases very helpful. However, social media can't answer all your problems. There are times when you need to seek the help of professionals. No one on social media can really tell you if this is one of those times because we don't know you. We only know what you post. However, if your situation is unbearable, my advice would be to seek out professional help because nothing that anyone can post on any social media site can really help you.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/25/14 at 5:51 pm

Thanks man, I hope so too. He's got lots of experience working in the same general field (journalism, something he's had a passion for all his life).

sounds like he was dedicated to his job.

Written By: aja675 on 10/25/14 at 8:37 pm

It was my fault because I did something wrong, but I am not ready to say this yet.

Written By: nally on 10/25/14 at 10:36 pm

sounds like he was dedicated to his job.

Yes; he was a very dedicated worker.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/25/14 at 11:14 pm

You only got blocked and shouted at? At least you didn't get deleted. Sounds like they're not that against you.

Send a private message or messages, and apologize to them. If they don't accept your apology, find a new group of friends.

And learn from your mistakes, and don't do them again I guess.

I would look on the bright side, at least they didn't delete you!

Written By: aja675 on 10/26/14 at 12:05 am

You only got blocked and shouted at? At least you didn't get deleted. Sounds like they're not that against you.

Send a private message or messages, and apologize to them. If they don't accept your apology, find a new group of friends.

It was a random stranger. I learned about him from a catfish scandal in a forum I used to go to. A member of that forum used his pictures for his fake identity. Under that fake identity, he became popular for his looks, or rather, his catfishee's looks. He was eventually revealed after five years, and the person whose pictures he used became subject of a "fanclub" on that forum. I became a member of it myself. I eventually found his FB and shared his pictures. It was a stupid act, but I used to be that stupid in 2012-13.

Written By: aja675 on 10/26/14 at 12:21 am

It was a random stranger. I learned about him from a catfish scandal in a forum I used to go to. A member of that forum used his pictures for his fake identity. Under that fake identity, he became popular for his looks, or rather, his catfishee's looks. He was eventually revealed after five years, and the person whose pictures he used became subject of a "fanclub" on that forum. I became a member of it myself. I eventually found his FB and shared his pictures. It was a stupid act, but I used to be that stupid in 2012-13.
BTW, I realized that Millenium Mansion thought I was talking about the people in my social circle.

Written By: aja675 on 10/26/14 at 6:13 am

BTW, what do you mean by getting deleted and how is it different from getting blocked?

Written By: nally on 10/26/14 at 8:25 am

BTW, what do you mean by getting deleted and how is it different from getting blocked?

I'm thinking that if you're blocked, your account is suspended (i.e., it still remains) but is not removed; you just can't log into it for a (usu. short) period of time.

Written By: Howard on 10/26/14 at 2:44 pm

I'm thinking that if you're blocked, your account is suspended (i.e., it still remains) but is not removed; you just can't log into it for a (usu. short) period of time.

and then they'll let you know when it's time to log in again.

Written By: aja675 on 10/27/14 at 7:17 am

My period of sadness was 2009 to 2014, but there were signs in 2007 and 2008 already.
For me, 2013 was transitional between my period of excitement and my period of sadness.

Written By: aja675 on 11/01/14 at 9:08 am

A song I connect to my situation: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eOGgpiQHiaU

Written By: 80sfan on 11/02/14 at 4:50 am

A song I connect to my situation: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eOGgpiQHiaU

Nice song.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/02/14 at 4:51 am

For me, 2013 was transitional between my period of excitement and my period of sadness.

I must have broken a mirror which was why I had bad luck from 2007 to 2014. Seven years. By June of 2014 this year though, my luck changed.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/14 at 1:37 pm

I must have broken a mirror which was why I had bad luck from 2007 to 2014. Seven years. By June of 2014 this year though, my luck changed.

luck can change when you least expect it.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/03/14 at 11:03 am

luck can change when you least expect it.

And it did!  8)

Written By: Howard on 11/03/14 at 1:50 pm

And it did!  8)

Wonderful!  :)

Written By: aja675 on 11/05/14 at 2:02 am

BTW, I have a name for the era that was 2012-13: The Austin Mahone Era. I call it that because I used to listen to his music last year and I think that his music is a symbol of the excesses of 2012-13.

Written By: aja675 on 11/05/14 at 2:10 am

A movie scene that is relevant because of the theme of post-adolescent crisis: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOmqJn2I8Mc

Check for new replies or respond here...