inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you suffer from instant karma?

Written By: 80sfan on 11/07/14 at 12:30 am

I know, I know. A lot of people (including those in inthe00s) don't believe in karma. But I do.

I seem to suffer from what people call 'instant karma'. I have the instant karma mark somewhere in my soul! I pay for my bad deeds faster and quicker than anyone I know. I usually pay for it within a decade, while rapists, murderers, greedy business people, pimps, molesters, terrorists, sociopaths, narcissists, killers, serial killers, etc, etc, all seem to get away free.

If I insult someone or make fun of them in an offensive manner and especially on purpose, then I get my butt kicked and get insulted or made fun of myself. If I'm snooty or stuffy I will meet a group of snooty people who ignore me themselves. If I screw with someone's car like dent it, hit it on purpose, scratch it, hit it with my car, my car will get hit by another.

*Just for clarification, the above things are just examples, I didn't do those things. But I did do other things.  ;D

I am the epitome and personification of a person who gets his just desserts within this lifetime.

What about you? Do you suffer from instant karma? Or do you get off free? It's okay if you don't believe in karma, but it's interesting to talk about.

Subject: Re: Do you suffer from instant karma?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/14 at 11:39 am

As a practitioner of the Wicca religion, we have something called the Three-fold rule. What that means that whatever you give, you get back three-fold or three times. If you give kindness, you get kindness back three times. If you give out "not so kindness", you get that back, too. It other words, what goes around comes around. I TRY not to give "not so kindness" but I am human which means that I am not perfect and there are times when I can be nasty. (So, look out.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D )

Yes, I believe in karma. Instant karma? Sometimes. If I did what I felt was a simple thing for someone, and that someone was so grateful that they gave me a hug for it, I would say that was instant.  As for those nasty people, I just have to trust in the Universe that they will get theirs.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 11/07/14 at 11:49 am

As a practitioner of the Wicca religion, we have something called the Three-fold rule. What that means that whatever you give, you get back three-fold or three times. If you give kindness, you get kindness back three times. If you give out "not so kindness", you get that back, too. It other words, what goes around comes around. I TRY not to give "not so kindness" but I am human which means that I am not perfect and there are times when I can be nasty. (So, look out.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D )

Yes, I believe in karma. Instant karma? Sometimes. If I did what I felt was a simple thing for someone, and that someone was so grateful that they gave me a hug for it, I would say that was instant.  As for those nasty people, I just have to trust in the Universe that they will get theirs.

Cat

Instant is a bit over exaggerated but I get it within ten years, I don't get away with anything.

As for rudeness, if someone is mean to you and venomously so, I don't think the universe is going to punish you for it. Come on, we're human! We feel, we get hurt, fighting back is a way to get rid of hateful feelings, like a purging pretty much.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/14 at 1:33 pm

As for rudeness, if someone is mean to you and venomously so, I don't think the universe is going to punish you for it. Come on, we're human! We feel, we get hurt, fighting back is a way to get rid of hateful feelings, like a purging pretty much.

That is true, if someone is mean to you then later it's going to turn around and bite them back in the ass.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/07/14 at 2:54 pm

That is true, if someone is mean to you then later it's going to turn around and bite them back in the ass.

Maybe Howard. It's happened to me when I was mean!  ;D

Karma exists for me, but not for everybody. I mean, literally it comes back to me (even the good karma) four times more.

Written By: meesa on 11/07/14 at 9:33 pm

Cat

The Wiccan Rede
Ever mind the Rule of Three
Three times what thou givest returns to thee
This lesson well, thou must learn
Thee only gets what thou dost earn!

At one time I was a real jerk (even jerky-er than now LOL), and karma certainly smacked me down. So the Rede is something I try my best to live by.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/07/14 at 10:05 pm

The Wiccan Rede
Ever mind the Rule of Three
Three times what thou givest returns to thee
This lesson well, thou must learn
Thee only gets what thou dost earn!

At one time I was a real jerk (even jerky-er than now LOL), and karma certainly smacked me down. So the Rede is something I try my best to live by.

I've read on websites that the older the human soul (if you believe in reincarnation), the faster the karma. Not necessarily instant, but you see it within that person's lifetime.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/14 at 6:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4

Written By: meesa on 11/08/14 at 10:20 pm

I've read on websites that the older the human soul (if you believe in reincarnation), the faster the karma. Not necessarily instant, but you see it within that person's lifetime.

I do believe in reincarnation, although I don't think that any of us know how it all works. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.

:)

Written By: 80sfan on 11/08/14 at 11:11 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4

Coool. :o

Written By: 80sfan on 11/08/14 at 11:14 pm

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.  8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 11/10/14 at 3:37 am

I DO believe in it, although I'm not sure I'd have called it karma when I was younger.  Generally, in life, I'm pretty quiet, friendly and will go out of my way to help people.  Early in my adult dating phase of life (post high school), I was the same.  I had an inordinate amount of guys that would take advantage of me or my kindness in various ways.  I'd either support them financially for a few years or I would give of myself physically (without regard to my own needs or health concerns, I'm very lucky that nothing too bad came of it, other then loneliness and/or some lost money.) 
Finally I met a guy that would later become my now husband, who treats me very well.  He loves me, supports me, and really just helps me in my life, no matter what it is I want.  When I first started dating him, I was pessimistic (just waiting for that proverbial "shoe to drop" and he would just take what he wanted from me and be done, well that never happened.)  So, that leads me to believe that all of that "good" energy I was putting out into the world finally came back to me, and has for almost 12 years now.  Or maybe I just finally met the right guy.  *shrugging my shoulders*  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/14 at 3:52 pm

I DO believe in it, although I'm not sure I'd have called it karma when I was younger.  Generally, in life, I'm pretty quiet, friendly and will go out of my way to help people.  Early in my adult dating phase of life (post high school), I was the same.  I had an inordinate amount of guys that would take advantage of me or my kindness in various ways.  I'd either support them financially for a few years or I would give of myself physically (without regard to my own needs or health concerns, I'm very lucky that nothing too bad came of it, other then loneliness and/or some lost money.) 
Finally I met a guy that would later become my now husband, who treats me very well.  He loves me, supports me, and really just helps me in my life, no matter what it is I want.  When I first started dating him, I was pessimistic (just waiting for that proverbial "shoe to drop" and he would just take what he wanted from me and be done, well that never happened.)  So, that leads me to believe that all of that "good" energy I was putting out into the world finally came back to me, and has for almost 12 years now.  Or maybe I just finally met the right guy.  *shrugging my shoulders*  :)

I could have written this post.

Cat

Written By: aja675 on 09/14/16 at 4:05 am

I think I could relate. I wrote on my pillow with a pen out of anger, and now it's dirty. (I thought the pen wouldn't leave an ink mark.)

Written By: 80sfan on 09/19/16 at 3:59 am

I think I could relate. I wrote on my pillow with a pen out of anger, and now it's dirty. (I thought the pen wouldn't leave an ink mark.)

That's close enough to what happens to me if I don't keep my nose clean!  ;D

I don't get a free pass like other people do. Even if I do it because of depression, or whatever. The universe is so strict with me.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...