inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: REMINDER: PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/15 at 11:18 am

Once again Inthe00s has been hit with a spammer. I know it is very tempting to respond but please don't. Just report them. There are some people out there, the more response they get, the more encouragement they get. If their posts are just wiped away without any response, they are liking to just go away and not return (which we all hope). I know it has been said before and I will repeat it:

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!!!

Cat

Subject: Re: REMINDER: PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!

Written By: karen on 06/18/15 at 11:22 am

But it's fun...

And I think there is a difference between trolls and spammers,

Was that particular one reported anywhere or just removed?

Written By: nally on 06/18/15 at 11:23 am

But it's fun...

And I think there is a difference between trolls and spammers,

Was that particular one reported anywhere or just removed?

It's in Song Lyrics. Spammers seem to target that section a lot.

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/15 at 11:32 am

there was no feeding a trolls....

that person is not coming back to that thread..... they will return later to repost some other stupid link but they are not trying to be the next _________ insert name of any number of annoying past trolls...

Also,  the original post was reported by me yesterday and, presumably, by you Cat, and jeff (since he fudged them)  and probably by Philip.... so the proper steps have been taken...

in the mean time no harm having fun until the thread is deleted....

it's only troll feeding if the troll is active and being baited by the members to continue their trollish behavior.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/15 at 11:47 am

I KNOW it's fun. I don't want to rain on anyone's fun. But, that is what our "fearless leader" has always told us.

I was told that it is harder to remove threads that have multiple posts than it is to remove a thread with just one post. So in order to make it easier for the person who has to remove it, we should all do our part.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/15 at 11:50 am

there was no feeding a trolls....

that person is not coming back to that thread..... they will return later to repost some other stupid link but they are not trying to be the next _________ insert name of any number of annoying past trolls...

Also,  the original post was reported by me yesterday and, presumably, by you Cat, and jeff (since he fudged them)  and probably by Philip.... so the proper steps have been taken...

in the mean time no harm having fun until the thread is deleted....

it's only troll feeding if the troll is active and being baited by the members to continue their trollish behavior.
Definitely a spammer, not a troll!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/18/15 at 12:04 pm

Spammers & trolls are of the same cloth.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/15 at 12:06 pm

Spammers & trolls are of the same cloth.

Cat
Over the years of being online, spammers I have noticed tend to wish to sell or bring attention to something, and trolls just want to cause annoyance.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/15 at 1:42 pm

Panic is over, that topic and member have been culled!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/18/15 at 5:36 pm

I try not to call attention to trolls/spammers.

Written By: Howard on 06/18/15 at 6:04 pm

Over the years of being online, spammers I have noticed tend to wish to sell or bring attention to something, and trolls just want to cause annoyance.

or they'll post in a different language.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/26/15 at 11:29 pm

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/dontfeedthetrolls-120531021433-phpapp01/95/dont-feed-the-trolls-1-728.jpg?cb=1338462684

Written By: Katluver on 06/30/15 at 7:56 pm

How about these ones?  :D
Qsbzwm8kMBw

Written By: 80sfan on 07/02/15 at 1:39 pm

How about these ones?  :D
Qsbzwm8kMBw

I like the commercial, America at its peak!  8)

Written By: 80sfan on 07/02/15 at 1:40 pm

jVf4_WglzWA

Pure 80s.

Written By: Howard on 07/02/15 at 2:45 pm

What do trolls like to eat?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/15 at 2:46 pm

Goats?

Written By: nally on 07/09/15 at 2:26 pm

Once again Inthe00s has been hit with a spammer. I know it is very tempting to respond but please don't. Just report them. There are some people out there, the more response they get, the more encouragement they get. If their posts are just wiped away without any response, they are liking to just go away and not return (which we all hope). I know it has been said before and I will repeat it:

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!!!

Cat

We've been hit with another one:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=51869.0#msg3263033

Written By: Howard on 07/10/15 at 2:34 pm

We've been hit with another one:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=51869.0#msg3263033

It seems this one was deleted.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/15 at 2:47 pm

It seems this one was deleted.
Well and truly, never to be seen again!

Written By: nally on 07/12/15 at 8:19 pm

Well and truly, never to be seen again!

And now we have another one:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=profile;u=19933

I've already let the admins know about one of his posts (ALL of which are incoherent SPAM rambling replies to random older threads).

Written By: 80sfan on 07/13/15 at 9:45 am

Children.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/14/15 at 6:41 am

And now we have another one:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=profile;u=19933

I've already let the admins know about one of his posts (ALL of which are incoherent SPAM rambling replies to random older threads).
Were we hit again?

Written By: nally on 07/14/15 at 11:54 am

Were we hit again?

Yes, on Sunday. User has been expunged, never to be seen again (hopefully)!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/10/15 at 10:16 pm

It seems like you guys have a panic attack whenever there's a troll on the site. Does this site have a strict anti-trolling policy or something?

Written By: snozberries on 08/10/15 at 11:06 pm

It seems like you guys have a panic attack whenever there's a troll on the site. Does this site have a strict anti-trolling policy or something?

Not everyone has a panic attack...some of us like to have fun with them but others don't like it... but, theoretically speaking these are anti troll boards... we don't like them

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/11/15 at 2:25 pm

I'm glad there's an anti trolling policy in place Q otherwise I'd be dealing with it like I deal with everything else on every other website and that's SWIFT and VERY BRUTAL vigilante posts.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/15 at 3:03 pm

I'm glad there's an anti trolling policy in place Q otherwise I'd be dealing with it like I deal with everything else on every other website and that's SWIFT and VERY BRUTAL vigilante posts.  ;D

The problem is is there's a difference between a troll and a spammer. 

We've been hit by both...a lot. Spammers are annoying. Trolls are disruptive.

While spammers are boring they post and go away. Trolls stick around to see the carnage they leave behind. Some of my worst times here and some of my best times here have been specifically related to trolls.
Back in the day there were several people who would regularly engage in a full frontal assault on the trolls. The posts were witty and the banter was entertaining.  Most of those people are gone now so there are a few trolls who post among us.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/11/15 at 3:08 pm

The problem is is there's a difference between a troll and a spammer. 

We've been hit by both...a lot. Spammers are annoying. Trolls are disruptive.

While spammers are boring they post and go away. Trolls stick around to see the carnage they leave behind. Some of my worst times here and some of my best times here have been specifically related to trolls.
Back in the day there were several people who would regularly engage in a full frontal assault on the trolls. The posts were witty and the banter was entertaining.  Most of those people are gone now so there are a few trolls who post among us.

Well, we don't have that much traffic on this website, so it's not like they'll strike again.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/11/15 at 4:57 pm

Well, we don't have that much traffic on this website, so it's not like they'll strike again.

You'd be surprised at how quickly and how often trolls strike around here.  And when they do watch out because they don't last very long on this site.  :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/11/15 at 5:09 pm

You'd be surprised at how quickly and how often trolls strike around here.  And when they do watch out because they don't last very long on this site.  :)

I don't know how trolls even come here. I've been on this website for almost a month and I don't see any trolling on this website. Either those trolls get their accounts deleted fast or they don't seem to give a crap about this website.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/15 at 5:26 pm

I don't know how trolls even come here. I've been on this website for almost a month and I don't see any trolling on this website. Either those trolls get their accounts deleted fast or they don't seem to give a crap about this website.

It is true that we don't get as much traffic as we used to (since Facebook came into existence), but the trolls are out there. The do crop up from time to time and they are booted off as fast as possible. Sometimes we get the same trolls under different accounts. There was one guy who was a member and he was basically spamming the boards with what he called "decadeology." If he had one or two threads on it, it wouldn't have been a problem but he posted about 20 threads on EACH board and we all got sick of it. When he was asked to stop, he still continued. He was finally banned-along with anything to do with "decadeology." (I'm sure you saw the thread about what it is and why it is banned.) That guy came back again under a different name/account and once again started spamming the boards. Once again he was banned. The guy came back I don't know how many times. Sometimes it took a few days because we realized it was him but he always was spotted because he would do his old thing of spamming the boards with his "decadeology." It has been awhile since he tried it but he will come back. My guess, he will try it again.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/11/15 at 5:50 pm

It is true that we don't get as much traffic as we used to (since Facebook came into existence), but the trolls are out there.

So, since Facebook was accessible to everybody on the Internet, which I might believed happen in 2007, InThe00s never got the same online traffic it got? Well, Facebook's main purpose is to have people socialize with their friends, family and relatives, along with their acquaintances. While InThe00's main purpose is to have people talk about the pop culture from past decades, along with making people nostalgic about their childhoods. So, how is Facebook to blame with the traffic?

The do crop up from time to time and they are booted off as fast as possible. Sometimes we get the same trolls under different accounts. There was one guy who was a member and he was basically spamming the boards with what he called "decadeology." If he had one or two threads on it, it wouldn't have been a problem but he posted about 20 threads on EACH board and we all got sick of it. When he was asked to stop, he still continued. He was finally banned-along with anything to do with "decadeology." (I'm sure you saw the thread about what it is and why it is banned.) That guy came back again under a different name/account and once again started spamming the boards. Once again he was banned. The guy came back I don't know how many times. Sometimes it took a few days because we realized it was him but he always was spotted because he would do his old thing of spamming the boards with his "decadeology." It has been awhile since he tried it but he will come back. My guess, he will try it again.

How is this troll going to try posting pointless decadeology threads on this website? Isn't it already banned from the website, while having many people here disgracing it?

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/15 at 6:10 pm

Decadeology seems to still be happening here. Not on the same level it was but its still thriving in the 90s and 00s boards

It's not completely accurate that the boards died when fb came along...the boards were still thriving for years after fb became popular.  Many of us however became more than just posting buddies. I'm real life friends and fb friends with many of the former members from here.

And yes decadeology is banned but it's still possible to post it. Most of the moderators are not as active as they once were so, as I mentioned, posts slip through. 

The thing is all these nostalgic posts pushed the regulars away. Once they left the gates were open for more to come in.  It became a losing battle so really all the 90 kids ended up winning.  They think they are having new discussions but for every new post that started (in a decade thread) there's probably been several discussions exactly like it that came before it so it's just rehashing the same-old same-old over and over again.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/11/15 at 6:24 pm

Out of all my flaws I have one area where I'm perfect in. I've never trolled a website or a forum. Why? I just don't have any interest in doing it.  8)

P.S. I find them amusing sometimes.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/11/15 at 6:49 pm

Decadeology seems to still be happening here. Not on the same level it was but its still thriving in the 90s and 00s boards

It's not completely accurate that the boards died when fb came along...the boards were still thriving for years after fb became popular.  Many of us however became more than just posting buddies. I'm real life friends and fb friends with many of the former members from here.

If that's the case, when did this website started to lose its traffic?

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/15 at 7:09 pm

If that's the case, when did this website started to lose its traffic?

The site reached its peak in 2009 when it had over 449K posts and started to decline in 2010 when it had 292k posts.

In 2014 there were just under 90k posts. 

So far for 2015 we are just over  77k posts.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/11/15 at 8:44 pm

The site reached its peak in 2009 when it had over 449K posts and started to decline in 2010 when it had 292k posts.

So, 2009 had a lot of posts and ever since 2010, we started getting less posts? Well, I can get that this website is like 17 years old (hence the first posts made here in 1998), and that we really talk about the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s and 2010s a lot. But, how does that get less traffic from this website? You guys need to advertise more.

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/15 at 9:41 pm

So, 2009 had a lot of posts and ever since 2010, we started getting less posts? Well, I can get that this website is like 17 years old (hence the first posts made here in 1998), and that we really talk about the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s and 2010s a lot. But, how does that get less traffic from this website? You guys need to advertise more.

Like I said most of the people who used to come here left for various reasons....one of them being most of the topics became repetitious.  There's only so much you can say about certain aspects of pop culture without repeating yourself.

Look At the pages of the boards and see how many times discussions are repeated. I think we exhausted the material.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/11/15 at 10:22 pm

My favorite year of this website was 2008.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/15 at 6:45 am

Members going more than coming?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/12/15 at 6:51 am

Like I said most of the people who used to come here left for various reasons....one of them being most of the topics became repetitious.  There's only so much you can say about certain aspects of pop culture without repeating yourself.

Look At the pages of the boards and see how many times discussions are repeated. I think we exhausted the material.

But don't you guys talk about current events here?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/15 at 7:07 am

I do my best to post current new events for discussion. If no one replies it all falls flat.

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/15 at 9:34 am

Yes but that wasn't the attraction to the site.
And. As I said. The repetitiveness was just one of the reasons. The trolls were another. There were other factors as well. Different people leave for different reasons ...various reasons

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/12/15 at 11:12 am

We do.  But that's only part of the reason why I came here.

I came here because I love the nostalgia of the era in which I was a part of, which was mid-1970s to mid-1990s, and I always look back on it with such fond memories.
I also love the events that happened during that time.  I'm just really into the music and pop culture that happened in my time.  It's fun for me to look back on those days and think "wow what an eventful time that I lived through."  I still want to look back on those times as good times. Not that I was ever a "party" girl during my teenaged years but I always managed to have fun during that time.
Now that I'm 39 next month I want to have fun and have all of those good memories to look back on.  ;D  I think that a lot of us "old timers" want nothing more than that.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/15 at 11:14 am

There has been many a time when I discover something new here before the UK media catches on.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/15 at 3:34 pm

They probably last hours.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/15 at 3:36 pm

My favorite year of this website was 2008.  :)

mine was the early 2000's.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/15 at 3:36 pm

Members going more than coming?

most of them losing interest.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/12/15 at 4:09 pm

most of them losing interest.

Even though the main purpose of this website is to talk about pop culture from various decades, so some people might get bored of it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/15 at 4:10 pm

Even though the main purpose of this website is to talk about pop culture from various decades, so some people might get bored of it.
Pop culture changes and so do they.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/15 at 4:10 pm

I never get bored of it.  :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/12/15 at 4:31 pm

I never get bored of it.  :)

Me too. Which is why I love this website.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/12/15 at 7:19 pm

I have never really thought of this board as strictly pop culture. We have discussed many different things-politics, religions, travel, food, games, pets, grief, school, and the list goes on. And yes, we talk about music, movies, t.v. fashion, and other pop culture things.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/12/15 at 7:24 pm

I have never really thought of this board as strictly pop culture. We have discussed many different things-politics, religions, travel, food, games, pets, grief, school, and the list goes on. And yes, we talk about music, movies, t.v. fashion, and other pop culture things.

Cat

Well, I'm just saying the main purpose of this website is to talk about pop culture. I didn't say that everybody strictly talk about pop culture in this website.

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/12/15 at 8:40 pm

And yes decadeology is banned but it's still possible to post it. Most of the moderators are not as active as they once were so, as I mentioned, posts slip through. 

The thing is all these nostalgic posts pushed the regulars away. Once they left the gates were open for more to come in.  It became a losing battle so really all the 90 kids ended up winning.  They think they are having new discussions but for every new post that started (in a decade thread) there's probably been several discussions exactly like it that came before it so it's just rehashing the same-old same-old over and over again.

90's and 2000's kids like to discuss those decades the most because those were their "days" so to speak. The era besides the current time that we can identify with because we were there. I like discussing them too for that reason, but I do see where it's repeating itself. The comparisons to different eras like how the 2000's mirrors the 70's and etc. I don't think are intentional decadeology to be disruptive. If you look hard enough you can find similarities between anything. I'd rather discuss things besides just pop culture of those times, because it is getting beaten to death. The 10's is also my era because I'm living in it and you really don't have to be a certain age to like and experience things. I just may not be the target age for certain pop culture anymore.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/15 at 11:46 pm

Cat
...and the true adoration for penguins!

Written By: karen on 08/13/15 at 1:47 am

...and the true adoration for penguins!

Penguins are cute and everyone should have one in their bathtub

Written By: Howard on 08/13/15 at 3:13 pm

Well, I'm just saying the main purpose of this website is to talk about pop culture. I didn't say that everybody strictly talk about pop culture in this website.

We can discuss anything we like.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/15 at 3:48 pm

Penguins are cute and everyone should have one in their bathtub

How come this website likes penguins so much?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/15 at 4:01 pm

How come this website likes penguins so much?

That was Chucky's doing. At first, our ranks were based on different kinds of penguins like Emperor, Chinstrap, etc. Then he changed it to cartoon penguins like Chilly Willy, Tuxedo Sam, etc.  You will noticed that I am Opus and you are Nestor le Pingouin. Now, it is just something that we all have accepted and even carried on with. I can't tell you how many Christmas cards I have received from members with penguins on them.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/15 at 4:02 pm

That was Chucky's doing. At first, our ranks were based on different kinds of penguins like Emperor, Chinstrap, etc. Then he changed it to cartoon penguins like Chilly Willy, Tuxedo Sam, etc.  You will noticed that I am Opus and you are Nestor le Pingouin. Now, it is just something that we all have accepted and even carried on with. I can't tell you how many Christmas cards I have received from members with penguins on them.

Cat

Who's Chucky?

Written By: Howard on 08/17/15 at 4:10 pm

Who's Chucky?

He's the owner who created this website 17 years ago.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/15 at 4:10 pm

He's the owner who created this website 17 years ago.

What happened to him?

Written By: Howard on 08/17/15 at 4:32 pm

What happened to him?

Chucky is around, He's the moderator of this site.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/15 at 4:36 pm

Is his profile still around?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/15 at 4:37 pm

He more than a moderator, he is "The owner of the site".

Written By: nally on 08/17/15 at 4:38 pm

Is his profile still around?

He more than a moderator, he is "The owner of the site".

He is the one who started it all, and comes on here on most days to make sure things are functioning on the site as they should.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/15 at 4:39 pm

He is the one who started it all, and comes on here on most days to make sure things are functioning on the site as they should.
Best behaviour when he is around.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/15 at 6:16 pm

Chucky's da man. Without him we would be at some other website wasting time wouldn't be here wasting time. There are some of us who call him our "Fearless leader."

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/17/15 at 6:20 pm

Chucky's da man. Without him we would be at some other website wasting time wouldn't be here wasting time. There are some of us who call him our "Fearless leader."

Cat

Do you treat him like he's the god of this website? All he did was create the website, along with having loki 13 being the admin of the arcades. There's not that much staff in this website, despite having other people become moderators at various boards.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/15 at 6:54 pm

Do you treat him like he's the god of this website? All he did was create the website, along with having loki 13 being the admin of the arcades. There's not that much staff in this website, despite having other people become moderators at various boards.

No, we don't treat him like a god-but he does have final say. But, he is very open minded. In fact, many of the subboards were ideas from other members. If there is a problem (whether it be a tech problem or personal problem), you can PM him and he will address the problem.

As for mods, right now it is pretty quiet but there have been times when there have been flaming wars going on. We had 2 head mods (plus Chucky) and other sub mods.

If you check this out:  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=stats  You can see how active this board used to be. When there were a lot of people making a lot of posts, you have to watch things a bit more closely. There were some pretty nasty people over the years. Some didn't really hide it and were booted pretty quickly, others snuck around in the shadows and was finally outed and they were booted. But now, we have our usual who post on a regular basis and like I said, it is pretty quiet right now. The mods are not needed AT THE MOMENT. And most of the regulars here keep an eye on things. We all love this place (which is why we keep coming back here) and want it be a nice place to come to.  And Chucky knows that we are keeping an eye on things and will let him know if he needs to attend to something.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/18/15 at 7:06 am

for the past 17 years.

Written By: nally on 11/25/15 at 10:34 pm

Once again Inthe00s has been hit with a spammer.

Cat

Seems like we're being hit by yet another. This is the third time this week in which one user in particular is registering and only posting spam posts. First he was making new threads; now he's replying to random ones by making spamalicious links. I've already pm-ed Chuck.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/26/15 at 12:03 am

I just reported several pieces of spam.
Does anybody know what the hell Floxin is?

Written By: aja675 on 11/26/15 at 6:46 am

It has been awhile since he tried it but he will come back. My guess, he will try it again.

Cat

When was the last time he did it? For some reason, I am skeptical that he'll do it because I have seen him on another website and he is quite civilized there.

Written By: nally on 11/26/15 at 12:45 pm

Probably some sort of drug. ::)

Anyway, there's another one this morning.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/15 at 2:29 pm

Is it a person or is it something?  ???

Written By: aja675 on 11/27/15 at 4:00 am

Is it a person or is it something?  ???
A kind of medicine.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/15 at 4:50 am

Short for 'Floxinaucinihilipilification'? http://www.inthe00s.com/Smileys/thanksgiving/grin.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/27/15 at 8:05 am

A kind of medicine.

Treats middle ear infections and outer ear infections and treats bacterial infections of the skin, lungs, prostate, or urinary tract (bladder and kidneys).

Written By: aja675 on 11/27/15 at 8:28 am

How is this troll going to try posting pointless decadeology threads on this website? Isn't it already banned from the website, while having many people here disgracing it?

By the way, you've probably seen that person on PersonalityCafe.

Written By: nally on 12/01/15 at 12:17 pm

Another one seems to have cropped up this morning:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=52580.0#msg3316481

This post was in the Song Lyrics section, and has nothing to do with Song Lyrics whatsoever. Spammards seem to attack that section a lot, for some unknown reason. ::)

Written By: annimal on 12/01/15 at 12:24 pm

trying not to feed the troll

Written By: annimal on 12/01/15 at 1:47 pm

this is probably all my fault for having a stupid devil picture.  I'm going to take it off.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/15 at 1:48 pm

This post was in the Song Lyrics section, and has nothing to do with Song Lyrics whatsoever. Spammards seem to attack that section a lot, for some unknown reason. ::)
good news, it has gone now.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/01/15 at 2:16 pm

I don't feed trolls.  There's really no point in giving them what they want.

Written By: Howard on 12/01/15 at 3:00 pm

try to ignore them as best as you can.

Written By: nally on 12/01/15 at 3:07 pm

try to ignore them as best as you can.

When Chuck sees such posts, they get zapped.

I don't feed trolls.  There's really no point in giving them what they want.

You're absolutely right.

Written By: annimal on 12/01/15 at 7:33 pm

now where did my annimal pic go?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/07/16 at 9:16 am

Some troll are shear amusement potential.  We had a blast with the jarts guy and the kid who needed the money for an iPod.

Written By: Howard on 02/07/16 at 4:04 pm

Some troll are shear amusement potential.  We had a blast with the jarts guy and the kid who needed the money for an iPod.

Was that years ago?

Written By: nally on 02/07/16 at 5:56 pm

Was that years ago?

Yes. That thread is still around, btw.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/07/16 at 8:31 pm

Yes. That thread is still around, btw.

;D Let me see! LET ME SEE! PLEASE! ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/08/16 at 7:37 am

Was that years ago?

It was unforgetable though. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 11:55 am

This one?

I'm Thinking Of Buying An iPod (What Ya Think A Good Choice ?)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=3606.0

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/08/16 at 3:53 pm

This one?

I'm Thinking Of Buying An iPod (What Ya Think A Good Choice ?)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=3606.0

no it was the kid that was literally asking for funds.

Written By: Howard on 02/08/16 at 4:06 pm

;D Let me see! LET ME SEE! PLEASE! ;D

If someone can find it.

Written By: nally on 02/08/16 at 4:09 pm

If someone can find it.

This one?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=9314.0
("Anyone got any money")

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/08/16 at 4:11 pm

This one?

("Anyone got any money")

Bingo!!! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/08/16 at 5:04 pm

This one?

("Anyone got any money")

Bingo!!! ;D

The responses in this thread is what convinced me to join oh so many years ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/16 at 5:06 pm

This one?

("Anyone got any money")
You found it!

Written By: whistledog on 02/08/16 at 6:33 pm

My favourite troll was that numbers guy who had stars in his name.  I think it was 5*19*86 or something like that.  If you corrected him or replied to his post and he didn't like it, you were an idiot and he would get verbally violent.  After he got banned, he would come back as a guest to try and stir up some more trouble.  He was a very angry person

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/09/16 at 1:08 pm

You found it!

Yup! MEMORIES!!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/09/16 at 1:24 pm

The responses in this thread is what convinced me to join oh so many years ago.

It is the stuff of legends. :)

Written By: Ripley on 02/09/16 at 1:35 pm

As annoying as trolls are I would liked to have been around back then lol I hate file wars, that's what I call them when people start stuff and trash talk, but I don't know lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/16 at 2:37 pm

There was another, who had various names. She claimed that she had been to every Aqua concert worldwide.

Written By: Ripley on 02/09/16 at 2:39 pm

There was another, who had various names. She claimed that she had been to every Aqua concert worldwide.

Wow really? I love that band! But its not possible unless she's Lene...

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/16 at 2:43 pm

Wow really? I love that band! But its not possible unless she's Lene...
Under other pseudonyms she became tiresome. I first encountered her on the forum I started out on, and she followed when it was shutdown.

Written By: Ripley on 02/09/16 at 2:51 pm

Under other pseudonyms she became tiresome. I first encountered her on the forum I started out on, and she followed when it was shutdown.

She was stalking you?  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/16 at 2:53 pm

She was stalking you?  :-\\
A group of us transferred over, I am the only survivor.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/16 at 4:51 pm

or ellipsis.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/10/16 at 10:15 am

My favourite troll was that numbers guy who had stars in his name.  I think it was 5*19*86 or something like that.  If you corrected him or replied to his post and he didn't like it, you were an idiot and he would get verbally violent.  After he got banned, he would come back as a guest to try and stir up some more trouble.  He was a very angry person

Speaking of angry people.  Remember Donnie Darko?

Written By: Howard on 02/10/16 at 3:59 pm

I remember him.

Written By: aja675 on 02/10/16 at 7:34 pm

He's on PersonalityCafe too.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/11/16 at 3:04 am

He's on PersonalityCafe too.

He gets tiresome after  a while.

Written By: aja675 on 02/11/16 at 5:40 am

He gets tiresome after  a while.
Do you think you could say he's changed? He doesn't create trouble on that forum.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/16 at 5:43 am

Do you think you could say he's changed? He doesn't create trouble on that forum.
Had his hands slapped?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/11/16 at 5:53 am

Had his hands slapped?

Maybe he's finally learned.  It has been a few years.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/16 at 7:16 am

Maybe he's finally learned.  It has been a few years.
Came to his senses?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/11/16 at 1:41 pm

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5310/5881861191_90de8b5bc9.jpg

Written By: nally on 01/03/18 at 9:57 pm

Not sure if user "Johnsonjack87" counts as a troll, per se... but he seems to be posting all kinds of rambling threads on various places in the site here. Most of them seem like solicitation in a sense; some even have rather raunchy images attached to them. He was doing it the past few days, and this morning his account and all his posts were taken down... but earlier today he re-registered and is now putting all his aforementioned threads back up.

Edit: Now I see he's gone again. Thanks, admins! (or to whoever did the honors)

2nd edit: He's back again!! :o

Written By: annimal on 01/03/18 at 10:17 pm

great

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/04/18 at 12:41 am

He was laughing at someone and I said: "that's not funny!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 12:43 am

He was laughing at someone and I said: "that's not funny!"
We were attacked again?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/04/18 at 1:09 am

We were attacked again?

No.  I was watching Johnsonjacks87 and I noticed that he thought that something that someone said was funny so I told him that it wasn't funny.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 1:12 am

No.  I was watching Johnsonjacks87 and I noticed that he thought that something that someone said was funny so I told him that it wasn't funny.
Thanks, I will keep aware of him.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/04/18 at 10:38 pm

Excuse me.  His name is Jontitor.  I don't know what his deal was but he was laughing at Loosebolt for his experience with a drone flying over him.  :P I gave Jon a smite for laughing and I told him that it wasn't funny.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/05/18 at 4:06 pm

Excuse me.  His name is Jontitor.  I don't know what his deal was but he was laughing at Loosebolt for his experience with a drone flying over him.  :P I gave Jon a smite for laughing and I told him that it wasn't funny.

Supposedly John Titor is a girl and posts so many of those pictures from X year topics.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/05/18 at 11:07 pm

Supposedly John Titor is a girl and posts so many of those pictures from X year topics.

Really? I did not know that?

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/06/18 at 10:43 am

Really? I did not know that?

Lots of folks missed it, but she made in clear in her "rant" post

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/06/18 at 3:18 pm

Lots of folks missed it, but she made in clear in her "rant" post

I guess I was one of the ones who missed out on all of the fun? ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/18 at 3:20 pm

I guess I was one of the ones who missed out on all of the fun? ;D
I missed that snippet of information too.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/18 at 3:21 pm

Wouldn't she be Joan instead of John? ???

Written By: annimal on 01/06/18 at 4:22 pm

Why is everyone still talking?  I mean look at all this attention the troll is getting

Written By: nally on 01/06/18 at 4:59 pm

Why is everyone still talking?  I mean look at all this attention the troll is getting

I don't think any trolls are getting any attention at the moment. Unless I'm missing something

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/18 at 5:05 pm

I don't think any trolls are getting any attention at the moment. Unless I'm missing something
I believe there are no trolls...

Written By: nally on 01/06/18 at 5:05 pm

I believe there are no trolls...

Even better.

Check for new replies or respond here...