inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why are people so mean and nasty now?

Written By: Dude111 on 11/23/15 at 7:35 am

Whenever I PM people on many sites they simply ignore me,dont bother replying back....

Are they that brainwashed they cant be social anymore? or are they a sheeple who is realising how bad the world has gotton and doesnt feel friendly anymore??

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS WORLD BUT I AM NO SHEEP!!!!!!! -- I am wide awake!!!!!!! (But I do not treat people badly..... If someone PMs me,I reply.... Why take my anger out on them?? (Although I gotta admit being around SHEEPLE is not pleasant so I stay home mostly))

Subject: Re: Why are people so mean and nasty now?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/23/15 at 10:14 am

Whenever I PM people on many sites they simply ignore me,dont bother replying back....

Are they that brainwashed they cant be social anymore? or are they a sheeple who is realising how bad the world has gotton and doesnt feel friendly anymore??

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS WORLD BUT I AM NO SHEEP!!!!!!! -- I am wide awake!!!!!!! (But I do not treat people badly..... If someone PMs me,I reply.... Why take my anger out on them?? (Although I gotta admit being around SHEEPLE is not pleasant so I stay home mostly))

Maybe people didn't get the notification that you PMed them. Or maybe they didn't know what to say. There could be many reasons.

I have found that many people believe that it is ok to be mean & nasty on the internet. They don't really know the people they are being nasty to. The internet also causes a lot of misunderstandings and people take those very personal. I try very hard to be careful what I post. Even with being careful, I know I have p!ssed a lot of people off. That is just the nature of the beast.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 11/23/15 at 12:31 pm

Could be they don´t know you well enough. Like I didn´t really send private messages on here until three or four years after I knew people here.
Also, when you´re new on a site, it can take time for the group there to warm up to you, just for the fact that you´re new.

-Could be you´re angry about something, and people from the other side of their computers can misread this energy as you being angry at them, but it´s leftover angry energy from another situation.

There´s more but just ideas.

Written By: aja675 on 12/05/15 at 7:52 am

People have always been nasty to be honest.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/05/15 at 10:17 am

I find it's the complete opposite. I think people are much nicer now, to me anyway. Everywhere I go I get a courteous hello, good morning/afternoon/night, how are you, have a good day.

Written By: annimal on 12/05/15 at 2:20 pm

You can talk to me.

Written By: Howard on 12/05/15 at 5:53 pm

People have always been nasty to be honest.

Are they nasty to you or are you nasty to them? ???

Written By: 80sfan on 12/06/15 at 1:15 am

Sometimes some people are shy, I mean extremely shy. It can come off snobbish, so they can be read as mean. But it's just they're very introverted, and slow to open up.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/07/15 at 2:05 am

Oh my I hate that.  :P

Written By: violet_shy on 12/07/15 at 5:26 pm

Yeah...now that we're on the topic, CAN WE PLEASE BE NICER TO EACH OTHER HERE. We should try giving each other smilies and compliments.  ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/07/15 at 5:29 pm

Yeah...now that we're on the topic, CAN WE PLEASE BE NICER TO EACH OTHER HERE. We should try giving each other smilies and compliments.  ;D

I can still stick my tongue out at people every once in a while right? :P :P :P LOL!

Written By: violet_shy on 12/07/15 at 5:48 pm

I can still stick my tongue out at people every once in a while right? :P :P :P LOL!

Sure!

My compliment to you is:  You have a nice sense of humor.

NEXT!

Written By: Howard on 12/08/15 at 3:13 pm

That's a good idea. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/08/15 at 3:14 pm

only when you're angry at them.

Written By: violet_shy on 12/08/15 at 6:29 pm

only when you're angry at them.

She doesn't have to be angry Howard, some people do that for fun too!

Written By: annimal on 12/08/15 at 10:04 pm

or they might stick their tongue out when they are short on breath.

Written By: nally on 12/09/15 at 12:43 pm

Agreed! Everyone needs to treat each other courteously.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/15 at 2:56 pm

She doesn't have to be angry Howard, some people do that for fun too!

I do that too sometimes.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/04/16 at 11:03 pm

Happy New Year Dude.

I think people are mean and nastier now because they've just become desensitized. You see war on the tv all the time, dead bodies, etc. I mean just yesterday on my FB feed this woman posted a picture of this couple that got shot to death. I mean the lifeless bodies in the pool of blood. I unfriended her after that. But people I guess just aren't feeling and nice anymore. And really, like no one wants to be nice anymore. Once as a kid I had another kid tell me that I was "too happy".
And it's just getting worse and worse. I mean look at the rise in shootings and killings and things like that. It is an absolute hot mess out there in the world. I know I'm desensitized there's lots of things I KNOW hell well bother other folks but has no affect me at all. But I still make an effort to be nice.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/04/16 at 11:10 pm

That's why I'm going into seclusion soon.

Written By: Howard on 01/05/16 at 3:36 pm

I think people are mean and nastier now because they've just become desensitized.

This is the world we're living in now.

Written By: Dude111 on 07/08/17 at 2:57 am

Ya its just really sad........ Alot of people used to email me and hardily anyone does now!!

This guy who used to be my friend got mad @ me cause of a misunderstanding and now doesnt email me hardily @ all........ Its just so sad...... I really hate what the world has become!!!

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/17 at 3:05 am

Ya its just really sad........ Alot of people used to email me and hardily anyone does now!!

This guy who used to be my friend got mad @ me cause of a misunderstanding and now doesnt email me hardily @ all........ Its just so sad...... I really hate what the world has become!!!

Not many people have the humility to admit that they misunderstood you, or that they were wrong. It happens.

To be fair, to your friends, we only hear one side of the story from you. And since we can only hear one side of the story, and don't know all of the details, it's hard to say what went wrong, or who done who wrong. For now, I'll take your side though.

Written By: Dude111 on 07/08/17 at 3:09 am

Well yes you are right..... Very much so.............

This guy is a technician (Electronics) and I got a new cordless phone last year on ebay and brought it in to him to fix it (The battery wires were off) ..... When He was done I asked him if the phone was TONE DIALING (As in touch tone) -- He said YES...... I got it home and it wasnt,it was only pulse! (I should have realised that BUT SO SHOULD HE OF!!)

I told him and he blew up @ me.... Things just got worse from there......... Now he basically doesnt talk to me and I think its sad.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/17 at 3:26 am

Well yes you are right..... Very much so.............

This guy is a technician (Electronics) and I got a new cordless phone last year on ebay and brought it in to him to fix it (The battery wires were off) ..... When He was done I asked him if the phone was TONE DIALING (As in touch tone) -- He said YES...... I got it home and it wasnt,it was only pulse! (I should have realised that BUT SO SHOULD HE OF!!)

I told him and he blew up @ me.... Things just got worse from there......... Now he basically doesnt talk to me and I think its sad.

I have no reason to not believe you. So I believe you. But I do wonder if it was the way you said it, and not what you said.

Anyways, keep your head up. Not everyone is emotionally and mentally mature! Not everyone is worth being your friend.

Written By: Howard on 07/08/17 at 7:19 am

What was the misunderstanding about? ???

Written By: 2001 on 07/08/17 at 11:30 am

Some people are mean or rude as a protective layer. They were hurt before so they spit venom to get other people away.

But I don't think I've encountered an actual mean person in forever (IRL; the Internet is another story). I think most people are kind once you get to know them :D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/08/17 at 1:03 pm

Some people are mean or rude as a protective layer. They were hurt before so they spit venom to get other people away.

But I don't think I've encountered an actual mean person in forever (IRL; the Internet is another story). I think most people are kind once you get to know them :D

That's what I used to do.  I'd get hurt by someone and then spit venom out at the most convenient mark, usually people who really care about me, for no reason.
But since I've been at my aquafit class I've been getting better at being more social than I have been in recent years. 
I don't really trust people when they tell me that they like me but at the same time if you can't trust yourself and trust your friends then who can you trust?

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/17 at 1:26 pm

Wrong! I thought that they were mean because they didn't chow down a Snickers!  ;)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxTrfbA9iSu3SHoe_NjPTKzZlDQy0vflq1UqjUMrCEYlD3Nxd3aA

Written By: violet_shy on 07/08/17 at 1:32 pm

IDK, I'm nice to EVERYONE. I went to grade school in New Jersey, and was taught to be polite and nice, and courteous to others even though I was already nice and polite naturally. Anyway, it stuck with me throughout my life. I don't like yelling at people I think it's wrong. If I have a problem with someone I walk away or I tell them to have a great day and leave! I hate starting trouble with people it just isn't right. 

Written By: Dude111 on 07/08/17 at 3:10 pm

What was the misunderstanding about? ???

He accused me of Questioning everything he did for me.... Well for 1,isnt that a good thing??? And if a service tech cannot take questions,they shouldnt be doing it!!

I was nice when I told him he made a mistake..... He couldnt handle it i guess......... (I had been noticing him getting not as nice over the years (Many ppl,not just him))

Ah well......

Written By: nally on 07/08/17 at 4:49 pm

IDK, I'm nice to EVERYONE. I went to grade school in New Jersey, and was taught to be polite and nice, and courteous to others even though I was already nice and polite naturally. Anyway, it stuck with me throughout my life. I don't like yelling at people I think it's wrong. If I have a problem with someone I walk away or I tell them to have a great day and leave! I hate starting trouble with people it just isn't right.

That's very good. :) I was always taught to be polite and courteous as well, even when they're not good to me, but sometimes it's not always easy to maintain my patience with them. Still, I strive to keep my cool even with the worst folks.

Written By: Howard on 07/08/17 at 5:54 pm

I've encountered them growing up.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/17 at 6:23 pm

Someone spat on my face once! http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png

Written By: violet_shy on 07/08/17 at 9:42 pm

That's very good. :) I was always taught to be polite and courteous as well, even when they're not good to me, but sometimes it's not always easy to maintain my patience with them. Still, I strive to keep my cool even with the worst folks.

Aw, we were taught well!

Someone spat on my face once! http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png

What, that's so mean! How awful :\'(

Written By: 80sfan on 07/08/17 at 10:05 pm

Aw, we were taught well!

What, that's so mean! How awful
:\'(

Yeah, thank God it only happened once!  :(

Written By: Howard on 07/09/17 at 7:36 am

Why did they do that for? :(

Written By: 2001 on 07/09/17 at 9:23 am

That might've been me. I had a bad habit of spitting on people, when I was 4/5 years old.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 09/24/17 at 2:45 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSdeYpoWBU

Here's an example of being angry, this black woman doesn't like service dogs cause they're so nasty and a guy who has PTSD needs his service dog with him.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/24/17 at 3:23 pm

You know something everybody? I'd rather have people around me who admit that they hate me than have people who talk sh!t behind my back.  Not too many people do admit that they hate me and that's problematic for me because if they can't admit that they hate me then it makes me not trust them at all.

Written By: nally on 09/27/17 at 7:35 pm

You know something everybody? I'd rather have people around me who admit that they hate me than have people who talk sh!t behind my back.  Not too many people do admit that they hate me and that's problematic for me because if they can't admit that they hate me then it makes me not trust them at all.

I think I understand where you're coming from. If they do tell me that then I feel they would be truly not worth my time at all.

Of course, I would never tell a person that I hate them; that's just not how I am.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/27/17 at 9:23 pm

I think I understand where you're coming from. If they do tell me that then I feel they would be truly not worth my time at all.

Of course, I would never tell a person that I hate them; that's just not how I am.

I think that people have a lot to say to me but they don't have enough cajoles to say it to me.  I wish they would just tell me when I'm being annoying or when they hate me? Because it lets me know who to trust?

Written By: Howard on 09/28/17 at 7:32 am

I would never say that either unless I really have a detest for them then that's a different story.

Written By: nally on 09/28/17 at 11:26 am

I would never say that either unless I really have a detest for them then that's a different story.

Well I just don't like to flat out treat someone like crap. I can get angry with them, but I wouldn't want to bring it to the point where there's a fight of any sort.

Written By: Howard on 09/28/17 at 1:38 pm

Well I just don't like to flat out treat someone like crap. I can get angry with them, but I wouldn't want to bring it to the point where there's a fight of any sort.

I wouldn't fight with anyone, if they respect me then I will respect them as well.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/28/17 at 1:58 pm

Well with me if you do/say something that pisses me off then I'll fight with you.  That's the only time that I would fight with anybody is if they do/say something that pisses me off. 
It would have to be something that's said or done that spectacularly stupid that would really piss me off.

Written By: nally on 11/03/17 at 1:52 am

I wouldn't fight with anyone, if they respect me then I will respect them as well.

that's good. Often times we get into disagreements, but there are respectable ways to settle them too.

Check for new replies or respond here...