inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Other languages?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/27/16 at 6:45 pm

What other languages do you know besides modern English?

I am recently becoming familiar with Hebrew, because I am partly Jewish. It is an old language and difficult to read. I know Spanish and a little bit of French(some phrases and words). I am also Greek and Taino but I don't know the languages.

Ok everyone, I am curious!

Subject: Re: Other languages?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/30/16 at 4:59 pm

C'mon people, anyone! 14 views and no replies! This is an interesting topic ;D

Written By: nally on 01/30/16 at 5:04 pm

This is an interesting topic ;D

I think it is... in fact, I know Spanish pretty well; I took it in school and did well in all the Spanish classes I took...even when I got to the more complicated levels. In addition, I have made attempts to speak in Spanish with certain native speakers I know. :)

Written By: loki 13 on 01/30/16 at 7:00 pm

Ich versuche, Deutsch zu lernen, aber ich bin nicht sehr gut darin.

I am trying to learn German but I am not very good at it.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/30/16 at 7:26 pm

Ha! I got some of you to reply didn't I! :D

I think it is... in fact, I know Spanish pretty well; I took it in school and did well in all the Spanish classes I took...even when I got to the more complicated levels. In addition, I have made attempts to speak in Spanish with certain native speakers I know. :)

Just like my French

Ich versuche, Deutsch zu lernen, aber ich bin nicht sehr gut darin.

I am trying to learn German but I am not very good at it.

Does the German word "Darin" mean "it"?

Written By: 2001 on 01/30/16 at 9:32 pm

Je peux parler un petit peu de fran├žais.

I can understand it (when spoken) and read it very fluently. I watch and read the news in French everyday. I haven't got much of a chance to practice my writing/speaking skills, but I hope to start soon.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/30/16 at 11:22 pm

I took French 1-4 in high school, and I know some Spanish phrases (I live in Texas I could count in Spanish before English) and some German phrases my father taught me that he learned in the war. I want to learn more French and I want to learn German...to hopefully be fluent.

Written By: Redhairkid on 01/31/16 at 6:43 am

Irish, Gaelic, French, Spanish and Italian.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/16 at 6:46 am

Schoolboy French and I understand Tagalog.

Written By: Henk on 01/31/16 at 9:23 am

Well, I'm fluent in Dutch (as one might expect). ::)

I know German well enough to be able to read and understand it (when spoken). I can speak it as well, although I'm sure it isn't flawless. Now writing on the other hand...that's a different story. Still need lots of help with that!

I know just enough French to be able to read it. I don't even attempt to write in French, and thankfully I've never had to speak it (outside classroom, that is).

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/16 at 9:56 am

Well, I'm fluent in Dutch (as one might expect). ::)

I know German well enough to be able to read and understand it (when spoken). I can speak it as well, although I'm sure it isn't flawless. Now writing on the other hand...that's a different story. Still need lots of help with that!

I know just enough French to be able to read it. I don't even attempt to write in French, and thankfully I've never had to speak it (outside classroom, that is).
I can remember you in the past saying that German is a very difficult language to learn.

Check for new replies or respond here...