inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rumors, lies and deciet

Written By: violet_shy on 08/02/16 at 11:55 am

What do you do when there are people telling lies about you everywhere. Some neighbors of mine decided they should go around and spread lies about me in an attempt to ruin my reputation. Why do people do that? And they have been telling others how they plan to ruin my life and I've even gotten death threats. I have tried to contact the police about it but since there is no evidence of that they can't do much. I'm not really scared because I know they are bad people which means they are weak. But it does concern me, and I feel there is a lot of evil going around. I have gone to church since I was 4 years old and God has always spoken to me. I know many people don't believe in God, but he has spoken to me and has told me not to mind them because they are in fact evil. Thankfully, I have always stood close to my faith and I've been safe. I need advice as to what I should do about this. They've been following me everywhere and it really gets to me. I always choose my faith first, and hopefully it will help me through this rough time in my life.

Subject: Re: Rumors, lies and deciet

Written By: Ripley on 08/02/16 at 12:23 pm

I would contact a lawyer and get some restraining orders. In situations like this the police will say something to the effect of "Our hands are tied" meaning they can't or choose not to do anything. And they rely on actual disturbance calls, not a person coming on. The unfortunate side of that is sometimes it's too late and a person is hurt. Let's take the movie Enough for example. People say to not go by movies, they're fiction. Well I think this movie depicts it well. I know Slim (Jennifer Lopez)'s situation is domestic violence but she received death threats from her cheating husband. He punched her. She went to the police and they could do nothing. And the spot on her face was evidence. If you haven't seen the movie you should check it out cause she's a very strong character who is out to protect her baby girl. I realize this has nothing to do with your situation but the police really act that way about this type of thing. They act like they don't care. And I'm the type who hates people ragging on officers cause not all of them are donut chugging lazy asses. I actually have a cousin who is a well respected detective. But if you can get a lawyer on your side that would help. They can get a restraining order and investigate. Another thing you might try, take a tape recorder when you're around them. I'm not saying go all undercover and try to get them to make confessions. But have it on you in case. Most phones have voice recording functions as well. At least you would have something to back you up with authorities.  Also, I know this is  a common sense thing, but carry some form of protection. Even if its just a can of mace.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/02/16 at 1:05 pm

I'm sorry you're having to deal with assholes. That's all I've got to say.

Because of my life circumstances, I don't have the experience, or advices, you need. I like to believe, that if you were/are truly good, then supposedly God, will help you out of this.

I know, not much practical advice, but it's good to give someone some hope.

Written By: annimal on 08/02/16 at 1:13 pm

I cant give you much advise here either

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/02/16 at 1:59 pm

I'm not evil... just agnostic. :(

Written By: violet_shy on 08/02/16 at 6:31 pm

I'm not evil... just agnostic. :(

Silly lol. I wasn't referring to you. Just some neighbors of mine that don't like me.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/02/16 at 6:38 pm

Silly lol. I wasn't referring to you. Just some neighbors of mine that don't like me.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Well okay. It kinda surprised when you mentioned your faith, but I guess you're okay with me.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/02/16 at 6:52 pm

Well okay. It kinda surprised when you mentioned your faith, but I guess you're okay with me.

<3

Written By: aja675 on 08/02/16 at 7:25 pm

I've experienced rumors too, many of which were of a sexual nature. Actually, I'm not sure they could be called rumors if no one believed them and people were only spreading them around to annoy me.

Written By: aja675 on 08/02/16 at 7:27 pm

I've experienced rumors too, many of which were of a sexual nature. Actually, I'm not sure they could be called rumors if no one believed them and people were only spreading them around to annoy me.
It's all over now, but I still have no closure.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/02/16 at 7:58 pm

Oh, that's not good at all. Sorry you have to go through that.

Written By: aja675 on 08/02/16 at 8:51 pm

It's all over now, but I still have no closure.
I mean, I'm still waiting for a moment that will make them look like fools.

Written By: Starlighter on 08/03/16 at 1:41 am

Since you're getting death threats, when you are out carry a recorder with you and keep it on until you get back in your house.  Some digital recorders can record up to six hours.  If you catch a threat on "tape," then hopefully this will be enough evidence for the police and/or to get a restraining order.

Written By: aja675 on 08/03/16 at 1:42 am

I mean, I'm still waiting for a moment that will make them look like fools.

I really wish that there will be such a moment where they somehow humiliate themselves in the future.

Written By: aja675 on 08/03/16 at 9:01 am

I really wish that there will be such a moment where they somehow humiliate themselves in the future.

I think that would be my closure.

Written By: gibbo on 08/03/16 at 8:07 pm

What do you do when there are people telling lies about you everywhere. Some neighbors of mine decided they should go around and spread lies about me in an attempt to ruin my reputation. Why do people do that? And they have been telling others how they plan to ruin my life and I've even gotten death threats. I have tried to contact the police about it but since there is no evidence of that they can't do much. I'm not really scared because I know they are bad people which means they are weak. But it does concern me, and I feel there is a lot of evil going around. I have gone to church since I was 4 years old and God has always spoken to me. I know many people don't believe in God, but he has spoken to me and has told me not to mind them because they are in fact evil. Thankfully, I have always stood close to my faith and I've been safe. I need advice as to what I should do about this. They've been following me everywhere and it really gets to me. I always choose my faith first, and hopefully it will help me through this rough time in my life.

No issues with your faith. Just confused that you are asking us mere mortals what to do after you stated God had already advised you.  I'm guessing anything we say would pale in comparison. Of course, there is the saying God helps those who help themselves.  :-\\  So, seeing a lawyer for practical advice could be the way to go. However, you should try to obtain some concrete proof of these people defaming you first.

Written By: aja675 on 09/21/16 at 12:35 am

I still don't have closure from these people.

Check for new replies or respond here...