inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Should I Do?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/30/16 at 11:42 pm

I need some good advice.
Earlier this summer I saw my next door neighbour's cat, who was an unfortunate hoarding victim, chasing this black tabby cat in front of our house.  My mom opened the door and I shouted out "YOU LEAVE THAT CAT ALONE!" I'm not sure who this cat belongs to or who would be so stupid as to let this cat roam free? But I figure she belongs to somebody because it looks like she's really well cared for.
Well, my mom saw this same cat on top of our garden shed and assumed that the neighbour's cat chased her up there. 
I'm wondering what I should do the next time our neighbour's cat chases her onto our property? A smart side says "try and find the owner" but a more selfish side of me wants to ask my mom if I can keep her?
I definitely don't want to send her to the local animal shelter because that would just be giving her a death sentence.

Subject: Re: What Should I Do?

Written By: karen on 10/01/16 at 4:42 am

Leave the cat alone.

It clearly belongs to someone else.  It is not harming you by being on your garden is it?  Nor is it being harmed by the neighbours cat chasing it

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/16 at 10:56 am

Tough call. You could bring her in and put up posters "Found cat" or, like Karen said, leave her alone (assuming she is a female).

Cat

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/01/16 at 11:58 am

Leave the cat alone.

It clearly belongs to someone else.  It is not harming you by being on your garden is it?  Nor is it being harmed by the neighbours cat chasing it

No she's not harming the garden but the cat next door is beating her up and that concerns me.  I just have a soft spot for cats. I'm just not sure what the right thing is to do. ::)

Written By: karen on 10/01/16 at 5:14 pm

No she's not harming the garden but the cat next door is beating her up and that concerns me.  I just have a soft spot for cats. I'm just not sure what the right thing is to do. ::)

Cats fight, its part of nature.  They will sort it out between themselves i.e. one or other will learn a lesson and avoid or stop going into that territory.

You could bring her in and put up posters "Found cat" or, like Karen said, leave her alone (assuming she is a female).

Why assume it is lost?  We have several cats that wander through our garden I assume they belong to neighbours.  Most cats are outdoor cats in the UK

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/01/16 at 6:17 pm

Cats fight, its part of nature.  They will sort it out between themselves i.e. one or other will learn a lesson and avoid or stop going into that territory.

Yeah but the neighbour's cat has never been around other cats, but the barn cat who used to live across the street from us so I wonder if it's just phsychological trauma from being in a hoarder's house for so long. 

Why assume it is lost?  We have several cats that wander through our garden I assume they belong to neighbours.  Most cats are outdoor cats in the UK

I only assume that she's lost because of her age and because of how she looks, she looks very well cared for, so I'm only making an assumption that she's not a stray.  Just a cat that roams around the neighbourhood and never learns about the territoriality of other cats.

Check for new replies or respond here...