inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Men & other men

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/27/17 at 5:19 pm

I'm creating this thread to have a discussion about men. Over the years, I have noticed certain things about us. For example, when men compliment other men, there are some who say thank you and move on; however, there are others who get enraged and say "you're gay man! or "you're a f*g." Another instance is when it comes to the human body. For some reason, as soon we see a guy naked or even just his genitalia, we get disgusted and just storm out.

Sometimes I wonder what causes this problem? I'm probably in the minority where I have NO issue complimenting other men at all especially when they are handsome, and I have acknowledged that the male human body is just as beautiful as the female one.

So everyone, what are your thoughts?

Subject: Re: Men & other men

Written By: 80sfan on 03/28/17 at 3:13 am

I'm happy and glad there are straight guys, like you, who are secure in themselves enough, to compliment another man without caring that other people will call him a 'fag', or think that he is gay.

It is rare to see a straight male compliment another man for being handsome, but then again, I don't go out a lot. I see brothers doing it, but usually even male friends, don't do it a lot, or are careful not to 'overdo it'.

Written By: Howard on 03/28/17 at 7:47 am

I'm creating this thread to have a discussion about men. Over the years, I have noticed certain things about us. For example, when men compliment other men, there are some who say thank you and move on; however, there are others who get enraged and say "you're gay man! or "you're a f*g." Another instance is when it comes to the human body. For some reason, as soon we see a guy naked or even just his genitalia, we get disgusted and just storm out.

Sometimes I wonder what causes this problem? I'm probably in the minority where I have NO issue complimenting other men at all especially when they are handsome, and I have acknowledged that the male human body is just as beautiful as the female one.

So everyone, what are your thoughts?

There are some guys who compliment me and they call me handsome but they don't call me any other names.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/28/17 at 4:08 pm

I'm happy and glad there are straight guys, like you, who are secure in themselves enough, to compliment another man without caring that other people will call him a 'fag', or think that he is gay.

It is rare to see a straight male compliment another man for being handsome, but then again, I don't go out a lot. I see brothers doing it, but usually even male friends, don't do it a lot, or are careful not to 'overdo it'.
Yeah, and I'm glad to. I don't do it all the time though, but I will acknowledge a guy is handsome and give him a compliment just like with girls.

There are some guys who compliment me and they call me handsome but they don't call me any other names.
That's good it doesn't happen to you. I wish more guys were like that.

Check for new replies or respond here...