inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Everyday folks VS Celebrities

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/19/17 at 12:32 pm

Which ones you think are more gorgeous? For me, it's both.

I can't tell you all how many folks famous or not are beautiful (both men and women).

Subject: Re: Everyday folks VS Celebrities

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/17 at 1:13 pm

For me, everyday folks. I believed there were better looking men in the 90's when it came to celebrities. But these days, I find normal guys a lot better looking.

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/17 at 8:41 pm

Have you ever watched a TV show where everyone is super good looking and it's actually kind of gross? It's like, the producers knew we like looking at good looking people, so they chose these people. Personally, it just looks unnatural to me. I'm sure they're wearing make up or something, but it all looks very fake and ruins the show.

Non-celebrities... they're alright I guess. ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/21/17 at 8:15 pm

I think celebrities are the way for me to go espcially when they're older than me and they've aged really, really, really well.

http://themusicexpress.ca/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/IMG_0948.jpg http://archive.petenema.com/concert-photos/2008/12/05-Thornley/content/bin/images/small/DGD_2008_C65426.jpg

Sergio is a good example of a celebrity who's grown old gracefully instead of nipping and tucking every single nook, cranny, and wrinkle and injecting botox into his forehead.  :)  I really respect anybody who decides to grow old gracefully instead of being in the camp o denial about their age.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/23/17 at 12:52 pm

https://e.snmc.io/lk/l/a/5aa2088f425fc98457e5681185083494/4413011.jpg  https://irkatherine.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/all6spoons06.jpg?w=634&h=424

Rob Preuss from the Spoons has also aged pretty well. 

Written By: #Infinity on 06/09/17 at 6:48 pm

I'm a pretty big embarrassment, putting Rachel Stevens in my avatar, that must mean I'm not a real lesbian

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/09/17 at 7:52 pm

I'm a pretty big embarrassment, putting Rachel Stevens in my avatar, that must mean I'm not a real lesbian

Why do you say that?  If you want to keep Rachel there then that's your choice.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/09/17 at 8:10 pm

I think that famous people look better. They have stylists and makeup artists and people to help them reach their full beauty potential.
Us common folk are just slapping out sheesh together and hoping for the best--at least I know I am.
And I spent an inordinate amount of my formative years trying to mimic certain celebs--Nicole Richie in particular but even at my lowest weight of my adult life, I'm still not as thin and beautiful as she is. (nor will I ever be)
Also I spent too much time dreaming of plastic surgery (for the body, not my face.)
If I had the money, trust me, I'd fling my ass on an operating table. I've known what I've wanted done since I was 12 and found out plastic surgery  was an option. (My mother almost put me Fox's 'The Swan' but i was too young at the time. LOL)
(and since my carcass would be open, toss in a black market kidney too)

I just would like to be put together, skinny and happy with my looks, cause I've spent the last 2/3s of it not happy.
Hell even if I'm not happy still, at least I'd look BETTER.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/10/17 at 2:30 am

I think that famous people look better. They have stylists and makeup artists and people to help them reach their full beauty potential.
Us common folk are just slapping out sheesh together and hoping for the best--at least I know I am.
And I spent an inordinate amount of my formative years trying to mimic certain celebs--Nicole Richie in particular but even at my lowest weight of my adult life, I'm still not as thin and beautiful as she is. (nor will I ever be)
Also I spent too much time dreaming of plastic surgery (for the body, not my face.)
If I had the money, trust me, I'd fling my ass on an operating table. I've known what I've wanted done since I was 12 and found out plastic surgery  was an option. (My mother almost put me Fox's 'The Swan' but i was too young at the time. LOL)

I just would like to be put together, skinny and happy with my looks, cause I've spent the last 2/3s of it not happy.

The whole reason why I find that celebrities are better than everyday people is because there's a potential to be a part of what's happening concert wise.  To be "with" the band if you know what I mean? No not a groupie but a fan girl that likes to hang around musicians.  :)
But it also has its drawbacks and considering that I just feel too old to be sleeping around with anything in tight jeans and vice versa but I can just admire the musicians that I do like from afar.  Because that's the best way to enjoy them.  :)  At least that's what I think.  :)

Written By: Howard on 06/10/17 at 5:22 am

I agree, Tiff they have all the wealth in the world, they have big houses, loads of money and big bank accounts and us common folks we're just trying to make ends meet.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/10/17 at 11:32 am

Everyday men are more attractive to me. Yes, there are attractive Hollywood men, but everyday people can fix themselves up. They can put on makeup, shower, dress up, put on cologne/perfume, and lose weight.

But that's just my humble opinion.

Written By: 2001 on 06/10/17 at 5:32 pm

You can say I have low standards, or maybe I'm so horny that I'd get in bed with anybody. ;D

Something about impossibly good looking actors turns me off though. I mean, they're still very attractive, but their faces also annoy me. In contrast, when I see, let's say, a "below average" looking person, it makes me feel very comfortable and I find myself being attracted to them more. Weird eh?  :o

Attractiveness is a bell curve. Don't be too good looking, don't be too ugly (that is to say, unhygienic, I don't think I've ever seen a truly ugly person, only bad style), hit it just right.  ;D

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/13/17 at 12:07 am

That's just it though, they have money to get work done and it's not natural beauty when you've been on and off the operating table umpteen times. Even if they only use makeup, have you seen some of the celebrities without it? A few of them are unattractive even by peasant standards.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/19/17 at 12:09 am

Everyday people. Truth be told, I hate most celebrities and I hate how so many people idolize them, like a God. Most of them act and appear fake.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/21/18 at 9:57 pm

Everyday people. My first time going to a university college, blew me away. Famous people just get all the attention, losing any sense of mystery they could have had, seem too perfect.

Check for new replies or respond here...