inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any LGBTQ members?

Written By: exodus08 on 06/13/17 at 1:06 pm

I'm I the only Gay guy on this site?

Subject: Re: Any LGBTQ members?

Written By: 2001 on 06/13/17 at 6:17 pm

Far from it bud! :D

I didn't know you were gay. I remember I gave you a long winded explanation of a gay pun ("Drake started from the bottom"). Mess. ;D

Written By: exodus08 on 06/13/17 at 6:32 pm

Yes ;) mostly masculine. lol I remember  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 06/13/17 at 6:47 pm

Yes ;) mostly masculine. lol I remember  ;D

Nice! I mastered straight-acting in high school, but I still got a feminine part of me on the inside.  :-[

Written By: exodus08 on 06/13/17 at 6:54 pm

Same Here. My feminine side is screaming to came out.

Written By: #Infinity on 06/13/17 at 6:56 pm

I'm a proud lesbian, though I don't really fit in with the mainstream lesbian community due to my feminimity, disinterest in nightlife, and hopeless romanticism.

Written By: 2001 on 06/13/17 at 7:23 pm

Same Here. My feminine side is screaming to came out.

That's hot! ;D

Order Katy Perry's hottest new album WITNESS on iTunes for $9.99 today, and let that inner gay out! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ATRL_Smilies_All/atrlers/jonny_zpsc73391c5.png

just kidding, don't do that.

Written By: 2001 on 06/13/17 at 8:55 pm

I'm a proud lesbian, though I don't really fit in with the mainstream lesbian community due to my feminimity, disinterest in nightlife, and hopeless romanticism.

How's the search going these days?

This is now the official LGBTQ thread.  :-X

Written By: 80sfan on 06/13/17 at 9:07 pm

Far from it bud! :D

I didn't know you were gay. I remember I gave you a long winded explanation of a gay pun ("Drake started from the bottom"). Mess. ;D

Do you think Drake is?....I mean he comes off as such a lady's man??  :o

Written By: 2001 on 06/13/17 at 9:12 pm

Do you think Drake is?....I mean he comes off as such a lady's man??  :o

Yeah, okay
You need to get done, done, done, done at work, come over
We just need to slow the motion
Don't give that away to no one
Long distance, I need you
When I see potential I just gotta see it through
If you had a twin, I would still choose you
I don't wanna rush into it, if it's too soon
But I know you need to get done, done, done, done
At work come over

Sorry if I'm way less friendly
I got niggas tryna end me, oh
I spilled all my emotions tonight, I'm sorry
Rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'
How many more shots until you're rollin'?

We just need a face to face
You could pick the time and the place
You spent some time away
Now you need to forward and give me all the...
Work, work, work, work, work, work

Written By: 80sfan on 06/13/17 at 9:13 pm

We just need to slow the motion
Don't give that away to no one
Long distance, I need you
When I see potential I just gotta see it through
If you had a twin, I would still choose you
I don't wanna rush into it, if it's too soon
But I know you need to get done, done, done, done
At work come over

Sorry if I'm way less friendly
I got niggas tryna end me, oh
I spilled all my emotions tonight, I'm sorry
Rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'
How many more shots until you're rollin'?

We just need a face to face
You could pick the time and the place
You spent some time away
Now you need to forward and give me all the...
Work, work, work, work, work, work

Sounds like a meeting on Craigslist!  ;D

Written By: #Infinity on 06/13/17 at 9:21 pm

How's the search going these days?

Badly. I had an awful evening last Thursday, when I stated, during an icebreaker, that my perfect day would end with a romantic dine-out, to which there was an awkward pause followed by the moderator telling me it wasn't appropriate for me to mention it. There's just such a jarring disconnect between me and the rest of the San Diego lesbian community, like I'm operating on completely different brainwaves.

I'm hoping things will look up when I more specifically explore the small subcommunty of other femmes, which is basically how I met Ashley. I just joined a meetup group based in LA, so I'm hoping, when I get the time, I can explore that. It's likely other cities have more diverse lesbian communities than San Diego's one-note culture that doesn't resonate with me.

Written By: 2001 on 06/13/17 at 9:21 pm

Sounds like a meeting on Craigslist!  ;D

Don't tell anyone I told you this, but everyone in Toronto has Drake on booty call  :-X

That's what the song Hotline Bling is about.

You used to call me on my cell phone
Late night when you need my love
Call me on my cell phone
Late night when you need my love
And I know when that hotline bling
That can only mean one thing
I know when that hotline bling
That can only mean one thing

Ever since I left the city, you
Got a reputation for yourself now
Everybody knows and I feel left out
Boy, you got me down, you got me stressed out
‘Cause ever since I left the city, you
Started wearing less and goin' out more
Glasses of champagne out on the dance floor
Hangin' with some boys I never seen before

Written By: 80sfan on 06/13/17 at 9:28 pm

Badly. I had an awful evening last Thursday, when I stated, during an icebreaker, that my perfect day would end with a romantic dine-out, to which there was an awkward pause followed by the moderator telling me it wasn't appropriate for me to mention it. There's just such a jarring disconnect between me and the rest of the San Diego lesbian community, like I'm operating on completely different brainwaves.

I'm hoping things will look up when I more specifically explore the small subcommunty of other femmes, which is basically how I met Ashley. I just joined a meetup group based in LA, so I'm hoping, when I get the time, I can explore that. It's likely other cities have more diverse lesbian communities than San Diego's one-note culture that doesn't resonate with me.

It's great that you looked somewhere else besides your own city. :)

Sometimes I don't even fit in with my own family, or my own age group. It was severely hard for me to talk to people before I turned 15. I had an old mind, an old soul, like a 45 year old.

Written By: 2001 on 06/13/17 at 9:42 pm

Oh, I remember reading about that in another thread. That must've been embarrassing. :(

Hopefully you can get past that and regain the confidence to find who you're looking for in LA. It was rather brave of you to go to that meetup, and now even to LA. That's more than I can muster. ;D I hope your efforts finally pay off. :)

Written By: 2001 on 06/14/17 at 9:48 pm

Oh no, exodus deleted his account. I was hoping to get to know him better.  :\'(

Written By: 80sfan on 06/14/17 at 9:51 pm

Oh no, exodus deleted his account. I was hoping to get to know him better.  :\'(

He'll probably come on again with a different username.  :o

Written By: bchris02 on 06/14/17 at 9:51 pm

Nice! I mastered straight-acting in high school, but I still got a feminine part of me on the inside.  :-[

I'm mostly gay but don't feel I fit in with average gay guys.  I'm confused about my sexuality in a lot of ways.  I used to be more feminine but now I am very straight-acting.  Part of it is my conversion therapy and my repressive environment where I live but I think getting older might play a part.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/14/17 at 9:54 pm

I'm mostly gay but don't feel I fit in with average gay guys.  I'm confused about my sexuality in a lot of ways.  I used to be more feminine but now I am very straight-acting.  Part of it is my conversion therapy and my repressive environment where I live but I think getting older might play a part.

Sometimes that's just the way you act. Doesn't mean you're 'trying to be straight', or 'hiding something.'

Written By: 2001 on 06/14/17 at 10:36 pm

He'll probably come on again with a different username.  :o

I hope so! Maybe I should post the message on a public board? He won't see it in the politics section as a guest.

By "average" do you mean feminine? Or are there other reasons you feel you don't fit in anymore?

Written By: bchris02 on 06/15/17 at 12:42 am

By "average" do you mean feminine? Or are there other reasons you feel you don't fit in anymore?

It's really complicated.  Things like the flirtiness with guys are a big part.  I used to be decent at it but now I interact with guys socially as a straight guy would.  I think some of it would re-emerge if I was around gay men regularly but living where I live, that's not something I can freely do.  Another thing is most gay guys seem to want to hook up when we first meet but I can't do it.  I have to get to know the person first.  Would I might need is something more like a FWB that could potentially evolve into something more permanent.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/15/17 at 2:20 am

I hope so! Maybe I should post the message on a public board? He won't see it in the politics section as a guest.

:\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/17 at 5:40 am

It's really complicated.  Things like the flirtiness with guys are a big part.  I used to be decent at it but now I interact with guys socially as a straight guy would.  I think some of it would re-emerge if I was around gay men regularly but living where I live, that's not something I can freely do.  Another thing is most gay guys seem to want to hook up when we first meet but I can't do it.  I have to get to know the person first.  Would I might need is something more like a FWB that could potentially evolve into something more permanent.

Hmm, did you have male friends growing up? I remember you said you had one, but your parents forced you to stop seeing him.  :-\\

I completely understand what you're talking about though! It actually sounds like some of my past relationships (which, after reading your post at night, I had a dream about, and now I'm in a bad mood xD). Like, I want to be with a dude that I play video games with, order a pizza, drink some beer, like any normal male friendship, but we also just happen to cuddle and do extra things sometimes. More Bromance Plus than romance. I'd rather go out and wrap my arm around his neck than hold hands. I'd rather greet him with "'Sup man" rather than "Hello sweetheart" etc. I can think of a million other allégories ;D

Or at least, that's what I think you meant?

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/17 at 5:57 am

:\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

IMO I don't care what Hillary Clinton said, people should not be allowed to delete accounts. Like a wise man on this forum once said: "You can check out, but you may never leave."  :-X

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/15/17 at 8:36 am

Happy Pride, Everyone!  :)

Written By: bchris02 on 06/15/17 at 9:29 am

Hmm, did you have male friends growing up? I remember you said you had one, but your parents forced you to stop seeing him.  :-\\

I completely understand what you're talking about though! It actually sounds like some of my past relationships (which, after reading your post at night, I had a dream about, and now I'm in a bad mood xD). Like, I want to be with a dude that I play video games with, order a pizza, drink some beer, like any normal male friendship, but we also just happen to cuddle and do extra things sometimes. More Bromance Plus than romance. I'd rather go out and wrap my arm around his neck than hold hands. I'd rather greet him with "'Sup man" rather than "Hello sweetheart" etc. I can think of a million other allégories ;D

That is exactly what I am talking about! That would be my perfect relationship.  Wish I knew where to meet guys who are the same way.

Written By: wixness on 06/15/17 at 11:15 am

Questioning who I am ATM. This thread might be interesting. Also made a post elsewhere online about this:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,224304.msg1986498.html#msg1986498

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/17 at 4:54 pm

Happy Pride, Everyone!  :)

Thanks! You too. :D Are you going to the parade?

That is exactly what I am talking about! That would be my perfect relationship.  Wish I knew where to meet guys who are the same way.

Nintendo fanboy meetups!

Just kidding. I wish I knew too.

Questioning who I am ATM. This thread might be interesting. Also made a post elsewhere online about this:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,224304.msg1986498.html#msg1986498

Thanks for sharing this. I was confused at some of your posts before, but this post made it a lot more clear. I think I can understand you better now. :)

Written By: wixness on 06/15/17 at 5:52 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I was confused at some of your posts before, but this post made it a lot more clear. I think I can understand you better now. :)

Thank you for your concern, I'm just wondering if you have any opinions about this.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/15/17 at 5:59 pm

IMO I don't care what Hillary Clinton said, people should not be allowed to delete accounts. Like a wise man on this forum once said: "You can check out, but you may never leave."  :-X

I thought Hillary was a fembot pioneer.  :-X  :-X

Written By: wixness on 06/15/17 at 6:26 pm

No, my parents didn't do anything.

Didn't you copy and paste that? Also, I'm wondering about your dream, and considering I've been reading some yaoi, I admit I might want this sort of relationship; granted, I don't actually feel comfortable doing this, and I think this may come from the fact that I had better relationships with men when I was young.

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/17 at 6:38 pm

Thank you for your concern, I'm just wondering if you have any opinions about this.

Do you mean my opinion on your thoughts? Or do you mean my opinion on women being more beautiful?

Written By: wixness on 06/15/17 at 6:40 pm

Do you mean my opinion on your thoughts? Or do you mean my opinion on women being more beautiful?

Both if you can, like on my thoughts from here and from what I've posted there as well as your opinion on women being more beautiful.

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/17 at 6:40 pm

I thought Hillary was a fembot pioneer.  :-X  :-X

She is an alien in a synth woman body, yes. She feeds off the young virgin blood to maintain her youth. And some oil changes.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/15/17 at 6:44 pm

She is an alien in a synth woman body, yes. She feeds off the young virgin blood to maintain her youth. And some oil changes.

She's part of the reptilian species. Part of the Illuminati plot for world control!  :(  :(

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/17 at 6:51 pm

Both if you can, like on my thoughts from here and from what I've posted there as well as your opinion on women being more beautiful.

I will type up a more length reply to your post, once I get on a computer. It's almost 8PM here right now, and I'll be finishing dinner/cleaning around 10PM. I just thought I should let you know, because I think it's pretty late over there, and I don't want to keep you waiting. :)

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/17 at 10:04 pm

Okay, here are my thoughts.

At first, I was terribly confused at why you liked emo types so much. It felt like you liked them for their rebellious nature and smashing gender norms. But to me, emos were just a bunch of teenage attention-seeking wealthy kids who thought they had it hard, so they put on 'sad' clothes, listen to 'sad' music, and cut themselves for attention. I never looked at them in a larger socio-cultural lens in any way.

But after reading your post, I think I understand it much more clearly. You think women are much more beautiful than guys. I'm not sure if I'd personally compare the two sexes in this regard, but I do find women 'beautiful' too, even if I'm not sexually attracted to them, so I think I can see where you're coming from. In turn, you think that youthful looking emos are much more 'beautiful' than the average guy with an unremarkable short hair or a scruffy beard. You feel society's gender norms are forcing men to look more conservative and not beautiful.

You envy girls because they look more beautiful, and also are free to look more beautiful than guys are, because of the gender roles. I noticed you envy girls for other reasons too, such as lower sex drives. You remind me of a friend I had in elementary school. He hated the fact that he wasn't born a girl. He didn't like that boys were violent, rough, and loud. He told me he wanted to be a girl because he thought they were more kind, caring and didn't resort to physical violence. And I totally got what he was saying. I didn't feel the same envy in magnitude, but I did know the direction of where that envy came from, and could empathize with him. In the same way, I can see where you're coming from too, and I can see a bit of him in you. :o

Written By: 2001 on 06/15/17 at 10:07 pm

No, my parents didn't do anything.

Didn't you copy and paste that? Also, I'm wondering about your dream, and considering I've been reading some yaoi, I admit I might want this sort of relationship; granted, I don't actually feel comfortable doing this, and I think this may come from the fact that I had better relationships with men when I was young.

Hmm, I think you misread who I quoted. That was a reply to Chris's post. :P

Written By: wixness on 06/15/17 at 11:27 pm

At first, I was terribly confused at why you liked emo types so much. It felt like you liked them for their rebellious nature and smashing gender norms. But to me, emos were just a bunch of teenage attention-seeking wealthy kids who thought they had it hard, so they put on 'sad' clothes, listen to 'sad' music, and cut themselves for attention. I never looked at them in a larger socio-cultural lens in any way.

But after reading your post, I think I understand it much more clearly. You think women are much more beautiful than guys. I'm not sure if I'd personally compare the two sexes in this regard, but I do find women 'beautiful' too, even if I'm not sexually attracted to them, so I think I can see where you're coming from. In turn, you think that youthful looking emos are much more 'beautiful' than the average guy with an unremarkable short hair or a scruffy beard. You feel society's gender norms are forcing men to look more conservative and not beautiful.

You envy girls because they look more beautiful, and also are free to look more beautiful than guys are, because of the gender roles. I noticed you envy girls for other reasons too, such as lower sex drives. You remind me of a friend I had in elementary school. He hated the fact that he wasn't born a girl. He didn't like that boys were violent, rough, and loud. He told me he wanted to be a girl because he thought they were more kind, caring and didn't resort to physical violence. And I totally got what he was saying. I didn't feel the same envy in magnitude, but I did know the direction of where that envy came from, and could empathize with him. In the same way, I can see where you're coming from too, and I can see a bit of him in you. :o

Thank you for your concern. I hope we can go through this with time. I'm also wondering what happened to that guy.

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/17 at 12:22 pm

Thank you for your concern. I hope we can go through this with time. I'm also wondering what happened to that guy.

You could say he became my boyfriend, when I touched third base with him when I was 11  ;D

I think I mentioned him before in other threads. He got beat up for liking Hillary Duff.  :-X

That lasted for like 3 weeks. I had to move to Toronto in summer 2004, and his family was really poor (his dad was an alcoholic ), he didn't have a computer so I didn't get to talk to him much. I came to his house unannounced (he wasn't answering the phone) when I was back in Hamilton for March Break 2005 (we get a week off from school in March), but there was someone else in the house then.  :(

I found him a year back on Facebook. From his profile pic, I'm guessing he's a nurse now. I've been a bit shy about re-establishing contact.  :-[

Written By: wixness on 06/16/17 at 1:09 pm

You could say he became my boyfriend, when I touched third base with him when I was 11  ;D

That got me wondering, how come it's never the straight men that wish this, to be the opposite sex? (save for a few cases).

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/17 at 1:33 pm

That got me wondering, how come it's never the straight men that wish this, to be the opposite sex? (save for a few cases).

Do you mean transgender women who are attracted to women? That happens in about 25% of cases, last I heard.

Written By: wixness on 06/16/17 at 2:05 pm

Do you mean transgender women who are attracted to women? That happens in about 25% of cases, last I heard.

Yeah. Straight guys who are't trans, yet express envy for women are regarded as "beta cucks" though.

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/17 at 2:46 pm

Yeah. Straight guys who are't trans, yet express envy for women are regarded as "beta cucks" though.

Isn't that you? Or are you bisexual (attracted to women and androgynous men)?

Written By: 80sfan on 06/16/17 at 3:06 pm

I think I mentioned him before in other threads. He got beat up for liking Hillary Duff.  :-X

That lasted for like 3 weeks. I had to move to Toronto in summer 2004, and his family was really poor (his dad was an alcoholic ), he didn't have a computer so I didn't get to talk to him much. I came to his house unannounced (he wasn't answering the phone) when I was back in Hamilton for March Break 2005 (we get a week off from school in March), but there was someone else in the house then.  :(

I found him a year back on Facebook. From his profile pic, I'm guessing he's a nurse now. I've been a bit shy about re-establishing contact.  :-[

Maybe now he can nurse you his milk.  :P  :P  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 06/16/17 at 3:10 pm

I'm not trolling. But I wanted to be Cat woman from 1992's Batman Return film. It's unintentionally funny, but it's also true.

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/17 at 3:32 pm

Maybe now he can nurse you his milk.  :P  :P  :o

Wow LMAO

I live for that thick creamy consistency  :-
I'm not trolling. But I wanted to be Cat woman from 1992's Batman Return film. It's unintentionally funny, but it's also true.

Oooo, I wanted to be Linka from Captain Planet, but really only because she was Wheeler's girlfriend ;D

Written By: wixness on 06/16/17 at 3:48 pm

Isn't that you? Or are you bisexual (attracted to women and androgynous men)?

Maybe both of them.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/16/17 at 4:16 pm

Wow LMAO

I live for that thick creamy consistency  :-[
Oooo, I wanted to be Linka from Captain Planet, but really only because she was Wheeler's girlfriend ;D

Captain Planet is hot! Oh, oh yeah! Linka, yes, her.  :-[

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/17 at 4:49 pm

Maybe both of them.

I'm not an expert on gender or anything, and like those guys in that forum said, it's probably best to talk to gender therapist, but I do think you're a cis male that's attracted to women, but also women that look feminine. This is actually rather common in some cultures, like Thailand (I think, I might be wrong).

Captain Planet is hot! Oh, oh yeah! Linka, yes, her.  :-[

He's fricken' blue!

Written By: wixness on 06/16/17 at 5:50 pm

I'm not an expert on gender or anything, and like those guys in that forum said, it's probably best to talk to gender therapist, but I do think you're a cis male that's attracted to women, but also women that look feminine. This is actually rather common in some cultures, like Thailand (I think, I might be wrong).

I might try and get hold of my counsellor and see if they can recommend me to this or something else. I've been advised by someone to see a mental health professional.

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/17 at 9:51 pm

I might try and get hold of my counsellor and see if they can recommend me to this or something else. I've been advised by someone to see a mental health professional.

That's good. They can be really helpful. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 06/16/17 at 9:57 pm

He's fricken' blue!

And muscular, tall, athletic, and has magical powers!  :-[  :-[  :(

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/17 at 10:01 pm

And muscular, tall, athletic, and has magical powers!  :-[  :-[  :(

But has green hair.

Written By: 2001 on 06/17/17 at 5:18 pm

https://www.thegailygrind.com/2017/06/16/teacher-defiantly-displays-lgbtq-pride-viral-oval-office-photo-even-trump-wont-acknowledge-pride-month/

Teacher Defiantly Displays LGBTQ Pride In Viral Oval Office Photo, Since Trump Won’t Acknowledge Pride Month

Yass Queen!!

https://i.imgur.com/Qci4Eib_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Rhode Island’s 2017 teacher of the year has gone viral after sharing a photo from his Oval Office meeting with President Trump and first lady Melania Trump.

Trump abandoned Barack Obama’s eight-year tradition of kicking off LGBT Pride Month celebrations at the White House.

Obama had issued annual proclamations recognizing June as Pride Month and hosted LGBT celebrations in the White House. The former president’s proclamations recognized the “fight for dignity and equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people” and signaled the government’s commitment to “broaden opportunity, advance equality, and level the playing field for LGBT people and communities”.

Instead, the White House proclaimed June as “National Homeownership Month”, “National Ocean Month”, “African Music Appreciation Month” and “Great Outdoors Month”.

“For my trip to the White House, I wore a rainbow pin to represent my gratitude for the LGBTQ community that has taught me to be proud, bold, and empowered by my identity — even when circumstances make that difficult,” he wrote.

“I wore a blue jacket with a bold print and carried a black lace fan to celebrate the joy and freedom of gender nonconformity.”

On Thursday, The Washington Post reported that The Commerce Department had gutted language from its annual equal opportunity statement barring discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

----------

In Canada, Bill C-16 which promotes gender expression and gender identity to a protected class (along with gender, race, sexual orientation etc.) passed the Senate today and will receive Royal Assent by next week.

Trudeau will also attend a memorial where he will erase all the criminal convictions that came about as a result of same-sex activity (same sex activity was punishable by death, then punishable by life in prison until 1967 in Canada).

---------

Theresa May promises the liberal wing of the Conservative Party that LGBT rights will not be backtracked as a result of forming a coalition with the Northern Irish DUP, a religious anti-LGBT party.

----

The Serbian president appoints its first LGBT and first woman prime minister to the post.

Ana Brnabić, 41, a graduate of the University of Hull in England, is the Balkan nation’s first gay PM and first female PM.

Brnabić’s appointment, which comes in the same week that Leo Varadkar was formally elected as Ireland’s first gay PM, is all the more remarkable given that virulent homophobia is still widespread in the Balkans.

That's your news ticker for the day. :o

Written By: wixness on 06/19/17 at 11:44 am

@Slowpoke, how would you feel if I said something like this?

I don't want to be gay, but I feel like that I'm getting there since I'm getting bored of straight and lesbian porn. Granted, I still don't find many guys attractive in terms of their facial features unless they look young or rather feminine.

Part of this might have had to do with my crappy relationships with the guys I've come across compared to before I left the UK (had more loving male relatives in my opinion before this), but also, for around the first 13 or 14 years in my life, my crushes have pretty much been on girls.

I probably have been looking into this gay stuff (in the form of yaoi comics) because I thought it was quite sweet to see some sensitive guys. I don't know, I probably didn't like how emotionally cold the guys in my life were since I moved to the UK, or I was trying to spite my parents when they want me and my brother to toughen up and not cry so much (they still do this with my sister).

Now, I no longer really feel this, and when I masturbate, I just think about how some gay guy's fantasies or some lesbian's fantasies contrast with that to their straight counterparts.

I find that if I don't masturbate for a while, my sex drive skyrockets. I don't know if you've heard about this "NoFap" thing online.

Written By: 2001 on 06/19/17 at 1:33 pm

I'm a straight male, but in all honesty, I do sometimes wish that I was the opposite sex. I'm not transgender and i'm not "girly" in any sense. I just think it would be interesting to know/experience what it would be like to be the complete opposite gender. I'm curious to know how it would change my view of the world, who I would be friends with, what I would be interested in etc.

Is this an intense feeling, or just something you're curious thought about?

@Slowpoke, how would you feel if I said something like this?

I don't want to be gay, but I feel like that I'm getting there since I'm getting bored of straight and lesbian porn. Granted, I still don't find many guys attractive in terms of their facial features unless they look young or rather feminine.

Part of this might have had to do with my crappy relationships with the guys I've come across compared to before I left the UK (had more loving male relatives in my opinion before this), but also, for around the first 13 or 14 years in my life, my crushes have pretty much been on girls.

I probably have been looking into this gay stuff (in the form of yaoi comics) because I thought it was quite sweet to see some sensitive guys. I don't know, I probably didn't like how emotionally cold the guys in my life were since I moved to the UK, or I was trying to spite my parents when they want me and my brother to toughen up and not cry so much (they still do this with my sister).

Now, I no longer really feel this, and when I masturbate, I just think about how some gay guy's fantasies or some lesbian's fantasies contrast with that to their straight counterparts.

I find that if I don't masturbate for a while, my sex drive skyrockets. I don't know if you've heard about this "NoFap" thing online.

That's... interesting. Most people who are gay would just know it.

Are the guys in those yaoi comics very feminine looking? I'm guessing they're very soft and kind too, in personality. The only yaoi I've read was a Persona 4 one, because I had a crush on the side character.  :-[

Are there real life guys you're attracted to? If so, I think you might be bi. If it's mostly yaoi characters, it's possible that you have 'emotional crushes' on them, rather than purely sexual.

Yes, I've heard of Nofap. ;D I don't think it's a good idea. Letting it off is a good way to relieve yourself without hurting yourself or anyone, and there are only positives. The only problem is when you watch so much porn that it warps your sense of reality. Porn is entertainment, it's not meant to be taken as something real or achievable or even desirable. Think of it as watching a good sci-fi movie. That's my opinion on nofap and porn.  :-X

Written By: wixness on 06/19/17 at 2:33 pm

Is this an intense feeling, or just something you're curious thought about?

That's... interesting. Most people who are gay would just know it.

I knew that from a young age I wasn't attracted to guys, but for some reason, I kind of had a thing for Noddy in the TV show. I mistook him for a girl because of the hat he was wearing, which I thought was long hair or at least was hiding it.
Are the guys in those yaoi comics very feminine looking? I'm guessing they're very soft and kind too, in personality. The only yaoi I've read was a Persona 4 one, because I had a crush on the side character.  :-Are there real life guys you're attracted to? If so, I think you might be bi. If it's mostly yaoi characters, it's possible that you have 'emotional crushes' on them, rather than purely sexual.
There are probably some guys I just like the look of. Other than that, being emotionally attracted to a guy isn't something that comes to me naturally. It may just be both campy and attractive guys that attract my attention, but apart from that, not so much.

Again, thank you for your concern.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/21/17 at 12:35 pm

Potentially bi-curious, but... definitely leaning hetero. Doubt I qualify as LGBT under most circumstances, but maybe.

Written By: 2001 on 06/21/17 at 1:13 pm

I knew that from a young age I wasn't attracted to guys, but for some reason, I kind of had a thing for Noddy in the TV show. I mistook him for a girl because of the hat he was wearing, which I thought was long hair or at least was hiding it.Quite.There are probably some guys I just like the look of. Other than that, being emotionally attracted to a guy isn't something that comes to me naturally. It may just be both campy and attractive guys that attract my attention, but apart from that, not so much.

Again, thank you for your concern.

I just looked up Noddy and I could see why you were confused ;D if you instantly lost attraction once you found out he was a boy though, I think you might be straight. That's how I feel about some girls. There was one girl that basically looked like a beautiful muscular guy, but upon hearing her being called a she, I instantly lost attraction. I couldn't even force it back. It might be the same for you. But you said you watched gay porn (or was it just yaoi?), so I'm not entirely sure where your attraction to guys stops, and where it ends?

Written By: 2001 on 06/21/17 at 1:15 pm

Potentially bi-curious, but... definitely leaning hetero. Doubt I qualify as LGBT under most circumstances, but maybe.

The Q in LGBTQ can stand for either queer or questioning :D

Written By: wixness on 06/21/17 at 1:19 pm

I just looked up Noddy and I could see why you were confused ;D if you instantly lost attraction once you found out he was a boy though, I think you might be straight. That's how I feel about some girls. There was one girl that basically looked like a beautiful muscular guy, but upon hearing her being called a she, I instantly lost attraction. I couldn't even force it back. It might be the same for you. But you said you watched gay porn (or was it just yaoi?), so I'm not entirely sure where your attraction to guys stops, and where it ends?

I think I got over Noddy when I watched it again as a slightly older child, since I then saw that he was a dude.

As I said, I'm now just being more aroused by gay porn than straight porn, but usually, I watch guys who have medium-length hair and are hairless on the body. I think excessive porn watching has had something to do with this. I'm usually watching porn and masturbating to it to get to sleep though, which also helps to clear my mind, and I've probably done it since I was 11 years old. I started watching straight and lesbian porn when I was around 7 or 8 (my parents didn't know how to use parental controls then on the desktop computer we shared), but I didn't masturbate then.

I don't have any problems with gay guys, but being gay just isn't me since I was born to be fascinated by femininity.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/22/17 at 7:59 pm

The Q in LGBTQ can stand for either queer or questioning :D

Then the "LGBTQ" label covers a lot more people than most of us can imagine.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 06/23/17 at 11:23 am

Probable bisexual here.

Written By: TheKid99 on 06/23/17 at 7:03 pm

Might as well say why I have been offline for a while....

Been a combination of working ALOT with life being busy and kind of finding myself... see, everytime I find myself, or attempt to.... it leads absolutely nowhere.... yet this time, it did.

On Monday, I came out to my best friend on a car ride home from work, hes my carpool after all.... i was so nervous.... I asked him "you said there would be nothing to ever not be my friend...." and then I went on a 10 minute rant about it.... he accepted me fully.... fuller than I could have imagined.... so understanding...  if you could think of the most perfect coming out.... this was it.

Ive never been more naked in who I truly am to somebody else.... and for him to just accept it all just means everything to me.

So yes, I am gay.

No, does not change my conservative leaning poltiical positions (well, I mean, other than social issues outside of abortion, I am liberal on those)

I am still me, I have been this way for a while and just have not had the guts to even face it, or the mental strength....

Well, I finally did....

It is going to be very very very challenging next few years for me.... at least until next year...... I need to find a way to be open about myself and not live in an oftentimes suffocating enviorment, AKA my household.

But believe me, Cincinnati, while being socially conservative, has a younger generation completely accepting of people who are different.... my generation especially.... so its like its not the typical town of extremely homophobic... though cincinnati has a bunch of trumpster republicans, most of those republicans are very socially moderate and liberal.

So thought I might as well inform you all....

I am gonna be in the closet for as long as I can be... I am at the least bisexual, but I am pretty sure I am gay...

Whew.... felt good writing this.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/23/17 at 7:58 pm

Been a combination of working ALOT with life being busy and kind of finding myself... see, everytime I find myself, or attempt to.... it leads absolutely nowhere.... yet this time, it did.

On Monday, I came out to my best friend on a car ride home from work, hes my carpool after all.... i was so nervous.... I asked him "you said there would be nothing to ever not be my friend...." and then I went on a 10 minute rant about it.... he accepted me fully.... fuller than I could have imagined.... so understanding...  if you could think of the most perfect coming out.... this was it.

Ive never been more naked in who I truly am to somebody else.... and for him to just accept it all just means everything to me.

So yes, I am gay.

No, does not change my conservative leaning poltiical positions (well, I mean, other than social issues outside of abortion, I am liberal on those)

I am still me, I have been this way for a while and just have not had the guts to even face it, or the mental strength....

Well, I finally did....

It is going to be very very very challenging next few years for me.... at least until next year...... I need to find a way to be open about myself and not live in an oftentimes suffocating enviorment, AKA my household.

But believe me, Cincinnati, while being socially conservative, has a younger generation completely accepting of people who are different.... my generation especially.... so its like its not the typical town of extremely homophobic... though cincinnati has a bunch of trumpster republicans, most of those republicans are very socially moderate and liberal.

I am gonna be in the closet for as long as I can be... I am at the least bisexual, but I am pretty sure I am gay...

1. I thought you were gone from this website.....for good!  :D  :D  :D

2. Wow, I didn't know you came out. Honestly, I don't have a problem with people who aren't ready to come out, because it's their choice. But congrats on being more comfortable with yourself. It's a process to accept yourself, even if you came out to one person!

3. Last time you were here you your life was headed uphill. I'm glad things have kept their momentum, at least I believe so.

Written By: 2001 on 06/23/17 at 10:27 pm

So yes, I am gay.

Well, I finally did....

I'm so happy for you! You're really brave for being able to tell someone that, and it's beautiful that you have a good friend that accepts you 100%. Keep it up! :)

Probable bisexual here.

I've always been curious... You could say bi-curious-curious (;D)... If you were attracted to both sexes, wouldn't you just know? What kind of attraction is it that makes you unsure?

Written By: Lizardmatum on 06/24/17 at 6:28 am

I've always been curious... You could say bi-curious-curious (;D)... If you were attracted to both sexes, wouldn't you just know? What kind of attraction is it that makes you unsure?

You could be right I'm not saying your wrong, but it's always been a little complicated for me. I have had experiences with other guys and enjoyed them and have had several crushes on guys. I would say it's an emotional attraction to men I have mostly. Also I was brought up in a strict christian household so I sort of denied those feelings for a long time.

Written By: 2001 on 06/24/17 at 9:35 am

You could be right I'm not saying your wrong, but it's always been a little complicated for me. I have had experiences with other guys and enjoyed them and have had several crushes on guys. I would say it's an emotional attraction to men I have mostly. Also I was brought up in a strict christian household so I sort of denied those feelings for a long time.

Thank you for sharing this. I understand better now. :)

Written By: 2001 on 06/27/17 at 10:09 pm

Have you guys ever been to a  support? I went to my university's a couple of times and it was really nice. I'm not sure if I'm allowed there again haha. I went to my local city's one about a year ago, but it was full of middle school and high school teenagers, so it was a bit awkward, even though the counsellor was great.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/27/17 at 10:22 pm

Have you guys ever been to a  support? I went to my university's a couple of times and it was really nice. I'm not sure if I'm allowed there again haha. I went to my local city's one about a year ago, but it was full of middle school and high school teenagers, so it was a bit awkward, even though the counsellor was great.

Did you get too freaky and drunk?  ???  ???  ???

Written By: 2001 on 06/27/17 at 10:24 pm

Did you get too freaky and drunk?  ???  ???  ???

No, I'm not a student ;D I'm going back this September though. I feel like going to one right now though. I remember in my local city one, the director said it's usually less crowded in the summer and during exam times in public schools, so maybe now would be a good time to go.

Written By: 80sfan on 06/27/17 at 10:31 pm

No, I'm not a student ;D I'm going back this September though. I feel like going to one right now though. I remember in my local city one, the director said it's usually less crowded in the summer and during exam times in public schools, so maybe now would be a good time to go.

Pack my medication, we're going!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyaEl85QXpXUzH4QwHTUU-lgP8fZItFHxrbHBow1YmN-veGXyQ

Written By: 2001 on 07/02/17 at 12:12 pm

Congratulations Germany for legalizing same-sex marriage and adoption by gay couples!  8)

Next stop... Austria and Australia! (what a tongue twister)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/02/17 at 7:17 pm

Congratulations Germany for legalizing same-sex marriage and adoption by gay couples!  8)

Next stop... Austria and Australia! (what a tongue twister)

The chances of it happening here anytime soon are quite slim, despite calls for it to happen:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/06/26/03/36/pyne-suggests-gay-marriage-still-possible

Written By: 2001 on 07/02/17 at 10:19 pm

The chances of it happening here anytime soon are quite slim, despite calls for it to happen:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/06/26/03/36/pyne-suggests-gay-marriage-still-possible

Oh yeah, I've been following it a bit. I personally don't think a plebiscite is a good idea. Prop 8 is still fresh in my mind (same sex marriage was legal in California, but people voted in a close plebiscite to ban it). If you lose a plebiscite then that's more or less the final word on it; politicians can't pass it unless a significant time passes, or else they're going against the "will of the people". Not to mention having to ask permission from a majority to give a minority equal rights is kind of a gross idea to begin with.  :-\\

Written By: 2001 on 07/19/17 at 2:44 pm

The coolest thing happened in Korea yesterday. ;D

Jesus steals the show at Seoul Pride Parade

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/jesus-christ-south-korea-pride_us_596d31ebe4b0b95f893d8898

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFA6-QMXcAAmhtz.jpg

An estimated 85,000 revelers took to the streets of Seoul, South Korea over the weekend for the city’s largest Pride celebration ever.

The event’s apparently record turnout drew a fair share of detractors, too ― namely hundreds of conservative Christians, who staged a demonstration outside Seoul’s City Hall urging LGBTQ people to “return to Jesus Christ,” the AFP reported.

What those protesters couldn’t have predicted, however, is that Jesus himself would appear at Pride to reassure them that, yes, he loves queer people, too. Photos and video of two Pride attendees countering the anti-LGBTQ demonstrators in full biblical regalia quickly swept the internet. 

One of the men dressed as Jesus was identified by The Irish Examiner as 27-year-old Robert Evans, an American expatriate who has been living in Seoul for four years. The photographer, who identifies as straight, said he felt inspired to spread an all-inclusive message in support of his queer friends after he experienced discrimination firsthand at the city’s Pride two years ago.

“Walking amongst them and feeling pure hatred directed right at me as if I was gay was an unforgettable moment,” he told The Irish Examiner. “The hate was tangible and intense, and as a straight western male, I had never felt anything like it.”

Noting that he bears “some resemblance to the classic representation of Jesus” in his day-to-day life, Evans said he felt it “would be meaningful to present an alternative interpretation” of Christ’s teachings.

“Korea still has a long way to go in terms of rights and acceptance but I’m glad to see and be a part of the small steps it is making in the right direction,” he said. “Every year Pride gets bigger, the protests get smaller, and the long road towards equality gets a little bit shorter.”

Written By: bchris02 on 07/19/17 at 2:52 pm

The coolest thing happened in Korea yesterday. ;D

Jesus steals the show at Seoul Pride Parade

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/jesus-christ-south-korea-pride_us_596d31ebe4b0b95f893d8898

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFA6-QMXcAAmhtz.jpg

An estimated 85,000 revelers took to the streets of Seoul, South Korea over the weekend for the city’s largest Pride celebration ever.

The event’s apparently record turnout drew a fair share of detractors, too ― namely hundreds of conservative Christians, who staged a demonstration outside Seoul’s City Hall urging LGBTQ people to “return to Jesus Christ,” the AFP reported.

What those protesters couldn’t have predicted, however, is that Jesus himself would appear at Pride to reassure them that, yes, he loves queer people, too. Photos and video of two Pride attendees countering the anti-LGBTQ demonstrators in full biblical regalia quickly swept the internet. 

One of the men dressed as Jesus was identified by The Irish Examiner as 27-year-old Robert Evans, an American expatriate who has been living in Seoul for four years. The photographer, who identifies as straight, said he felt inspired to spread an all-inclusive message in support of his queer friends after he experienced discrimination firsthand at the city’s Pride two years ago.

“Walking amongst them and feeling pure hatred directed right at me as if I was gay was an unforgettable moment,” he told The Irish Examiner. “The hate was tangible and intense, and as a straight western male, I had never felt anything like it.”

Noting that he bears “some resemblance to the classic representation of Jesus” in his day-to-day life, Evans said he felt it “would be meaningful to present an alternative interpretation” of Christ’s teachings.

“Korea still has a long way to go in terms of rights and acceptance but I’m glad to see and be a part of the small steps it is making in the right direction,” he said. “Every year Pride gets bigger, the protests get smaller, and the long road towards equality gets a little bit shorter.”

Interesting.

The paragraph I bolded is something that more people need to admit.  Words like hate, bigot, etc are thrown around but I don't think a lot of people grasp how deep the hatred towards LGBT individuals is among the evangelical Christian community.  "Never seen anything like it" is a good description. 

Written By: TheKid99 on 07/28/17 at 7:45 pm

Have come out to a select few of my friends and thats about it....

Will be in the closet for a while.

Written By: 2001 on 07/28/17 at 8:46 pm

That's awesome! :D Were they accepting?

I've only told a few friends (and my brother too). 

Written By: TheKid99 on 07/30/17 at 7:30 am

That's awesome! :D Were they accepting?

I've only told a few friends (and my brother too).

Yes, they were.... suprisiingly so.

Never had a negative reaction to me yet.... every single one of them has been positive.

Just making sure to not really get it out there on my side of town, if you tell anybody, its a fudgeing rumor mill out here and soon I will be the Catholic Middle Age PTA Mom Breakfast's next piece of gossip.

Written By: 2001 on 07/30/17 at 12:08 pm

Yes, they were.... suprisiingly so.

Never had a negative reaction to me yet.... every single one of them has been positive.

Just making sure to not really get it out there on my side of town, if you tell anybody, its a fudgeing rumor mill out here and soon I will be the Catholic Middle Age PTA Mom Breakfast's next piece of gossip.

That's awesome that you've been getting positive reactions. :D yeah, you probably only want to tell people you trust, wouldn't want to tell a chatterbox.  :-X

Written By: TheKid99 on 09/19/17 at 12:24 pm

Well nobody at my high school knows..... nobody really questions if I am or not so it doesn't really matter.... high school is a homophobic atmosphere anyway.

Im good at my act I guess hahaha :D

Im out to most of my coworkers and like 99% of them have been absolutely positive. Only one said he didn't believe it was right, BUT said it wasnt for him to judge and he was ok if I was like that.

My family has literally no idea.... I hide it so well from them and honestly it is good I am not out there..... I have seen what being out there in my general family does.... its not good.

My mom thinks I am the perfect child, she literally admitted to me I am her favorite. So I dont wanna break her heart you know.... shes a very homophobic person.

I have kinda sorted myself out but I think I am at this point 80% gay and 20% hetero. I lowkey kinda have an odd crush on one of my Kings Island coworkers (shes a girl lol) but otherwise nuthin'.

Very odd but its okay I guess if I like both.

Nope, still no experiences with either sex, its really sad actually but College I think things will change.

I have good morals, I will probably not drink alcohol at all.... do any drugs.... get myself into any bad situations. And I think that will help guide me to the right person.

Written By: 2001 on 09/19/17 at 8:34 pm

Well nobody at my high school knows..... nobody really questions if I am or not so it doesn't really matter.... high school is a homophobic atmosphere anyway.

Im good at my act I guess hahaha :D

Yeah, I was on a bus full of high schoolers a few weeks back, and I naïvely thought kids would be more open-minded nowadays but I was sadly mistaken. :(

It sucks your high school is homophobic but it's good that you can fly under the gaydar. That's a useful life skill. ;D

Im out to most of my coworkers and like 99% of them have been absolutely positive. Only one said he didn't believe it was right, BUT said it wasnt for him to judge and he was ok if I was like that.

That's awesome. I also "came out" to my coworkers around a month ago, but in a much more embarrassing way (boyfriend came into office though I told him to wait outside, embarrassment ensues) ;D

It's good that everyone was accepting. Shame about that one person, but hopefully he starts becoming more open minded once he sees you're human and a good person just like everyone else.

My family has literally no idea.... I hide it so well from them and honestly it is good I am not out there..... I have seen what being out there in my general family does.... its not good.

My mom thinks I am the perfect child, she literally admitted to me I am her favorite. So I dont wanna break her heart you know.... shes a very homophobic person.

I'm in the same boat, man.  :( I thought my parents would be more open minded nowadays like everyone else is becoming, but a few weeks ago my mom said she saw a gay couple at the drug store buying cologne, and she got angry and wanted to hit them but walked out the store instead. She said it like it was a joke and she expected me to laugh. It was so uncomfortable.

I have kinda sorted myself out but I think I am at this point 80% gay and 20% hetero. I lowkey kinda have an odd crush on one of my Kings Island coworkers (shes a girl lol) but otherwise nuthin'.

Very odd but its okay I guess if I like both.

Read up on the Kinsey Scale. It might help you understand yourself better. :)

Nope, still no experiences with either sex, its really sad actually but College I think things will change.

You're still pretty young and only just accepted your sexuality a few months back, it's not too sad haha. Hopefully your senior year or college will bear fruit. ;)

I have good morals, I will probably not drink alcohol at all.... do any drugs.... get myself into any bad situations. And I think that will help guide me to the right person.

That sounds like a good idea. At uni almost everyone drinks so it's easy to get pressured, but you sound like you have self control and hopefully you make a positive group of friends. :D

Written By: 80sfan on 09/19/17 at 9:14 pm

I forget that just because Ellen came out 20 and 1/2 years ago, that doesn't mean I'm welcomed everywhere. I'm sure there are women in Ellen's audience that watch her show and then go home and secretly call her a dyke, or whatever. You just never know with people anymore.

I'm more selective, and a lot less naive, than I was just four years ago. Life has taught me to not to trust
people too easily.

They'll buy your record (Sam Smith), or watch your TV show (Ellen), but they'll still call you a f*ggot behind your back. I get dark humor, but I can tell if someone is half-joking, or not, or just not joking at all.

Written By: 2001 on 09/19/17 at 10:14 pm

I forget that just because Ellen came out 20 and 1/2 years ago, that doesn't mean I'm welcomed everywhere. I'm sure there are women in Ellen's audience that watch her show and then go home and secretly call her a dyke, or whatever. You just never know with people anymore.

I'm more selective, and a lot less naive, than I was just four years ago. Life has taught me to not to trust
people too easily.

They'll buy your record (Sam Smith), or watch your TV show (Ellen), but they'll still call you a f*ggot behind your back. I get dark humor, but I can tell if someone is half-joking, or not, or just not joking at all.

That stuff comes out where you least expect it.

Like I was talking about those teenagers on the bus, I thought they'd be more open minded and accepting nowadays, and I know teenagers are really immature so maybe I was being naïve, but one of them said "I was like 'Yo you a fag bro?' I was about to beat the sh*t out of him" and the rest laughed or said 'ew' or something to that effect. I was just so shocked to see that kind of talk in 2017.  Did they learn to talk like that from adults? :o

And last Friday, I went out with this guy after class. I thought he was pretty smart and he's really friendly too. We went to a Japanese restaurant, and after he had one or two too many shots of sake he went off on SJWs and feminists and stuff. He said 'fagg*t' too (well, technically he quoted someone who said it, but he didn't exactly disagree with the sentiments expressed). It just took me completely by surprise. ???

Written By: TheKid99 on 09/20/17 at 2:39 pm

Yeah, I was on a bus full of high schoolers a few weeks back, and I naïvely thought kids would be more open-minded nowadays but I was sadly mistaken. :(

It sucks your high school is homophobic but it's good that you can fly under the gaydar. That's a useful life skill. ;D

That's awesome. I also "came out" to my coworkers around a month ago, but in a much more embarrassing way (boyfriend came into office though I told him to wait outside, embarrassment ensues) ;D

It's good that everyone was accepting. Shame about that one person, but hopefully he starts becoming more open minded once he sees you're human and a good person just like everyone else.

I'm in the same boat, man.  :( I thought my parents would be more open minded nowadays like everyone else is becoming, but a few weeks ago my mom said she saw a gay couple at the drug store buying cologne, and she got angry and wanted to hit them but walked out the store instead. She said it like it was a joke and she expected me to laugh. It was so uncomfortable.

Read up on the Kinsey Scale. It might help you understand yourself better. :)

You're still pretty young and only just accepted your sexuality a few months back, it's not too sad haha. Hopefully your senior year or college will bear fruit. ;)

That sounds like a good idea. At uni almost everyone drinks so it's easy to get pressured, but you sound like you have self control and hopefully you make a positive group of friends. :D

Thanks for all this advice :) +1 for you!

I have the best gaydar proof attiude about life. And only somebody who was actually gay and had a VERY good gaydar (my friend Alec) knew within a month I was probably gay (He knew before I did... July 2016.) Otherwise I have never been questioned about it.

That one person is open minded, not been derogatory whatsoever or anything....

But thats how life goes...

College I have high hopes for.

Written By: 2001 on 09/23/17 at 4:14 pm

And last Friday, I went out with this guy after class. I thought he was pretty smart and he's really friendly too. We went to a Japanese restaurant, and after he had one or two too many shots of sake he went off on SJWs and feminists and stuff. He said 'fagg*t' too (well, technically he quoted someone who said it, but he didn't exactly disagree with the sentiments expressed). It just took me completely by surprise. ???

I went out with this person again yesterday. In the middle of another anti-feminist lamentation, they had a break down in the middle of the mall crying and admitted to me that they might be a trans woman. What an interesting world :o

Written By: TheKid99 on 10/04/17 at 7:40 am

I went out with this person again yesterday. In the middle of another anti-feminist lamentation, they had a break down in the middle of the mall crying and admitted to me that they might be a trans woman. What an interesting world :o

Thats a soap opera storyline somewhere. :P

How interesting.....

Find a new one after that?

Would explain "his"(??) anti-feminist ramblings....

Written By: 80sfan on 10/04/17 at 4:13 pm

note: I used "they" pronoun instead of "he" because I don't really know anymore.]

Me neither. I will respect someone's request, though.

Written By: 2001 on 11/24/17 at 8:09 pm

I've been trying to come out to more people who've assumed I was straight for years. I sweat bullets and can hear my heart pounding right before I do it, God damn. I don't think I'll ever get used to it. ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/26/17 at 7:24 am

I was just curious, Why were hot women back then so interested in guys getting it on with each other, what made women so attractive to them? ???

Written By: ofkx on 11/26/17 at 8:12 am

I was just curious, Why were hot women back then so interested in guys getting it on with each other, what made women so attractive to them? ???

For the same reason Lesbian porn is so popular with guys.

Written By: AndrewShannon on 01/29/18 at 8:13 am

How can some people not understand bisexuality and think it's just gayness in denial? <oNO>

Written By: meesa on 02/06/18 at 6:49 pm

How can some people not understand bisexuality and think it's just gayness in denial? <oNO>

It's binary thinking. "You must be only this or that. You must be attracted to only this or that."  There have been cultures that have accepted bisexuality as the norm throughout history, but with the coming of one-deity religions and their overwhelming dominance, they have made cys-normative the 'only' way to be. After all, you don't want your religion to die, do you? Gotta keep reproducing little <insert religion here> people that will also reproduce little <insert religion here> people and so on...

We still have a long way to go for most to accept the fact that human sexuality is fluid and dynamic.

It's unfortunate, but there it is.

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/06/18 at 7:46 pm

It's binary thinking. "You must be only this or that. You must be attracted to only this or that."  There have been cultures that have accepted bisexuality as the norm throughout history, but with the coming of one-deity religions and their overwhelming dominance, they have made cys-normative the 'only' way to be. After all, you don't want your religion to die, do you? Gotta keep reproducing little <insert religion here> people that will also reproduce little <insert religion here> people and so on...

We still have a long way to go for most to accept the fact that human sexuality is fluid and dynamic.

It's unfortunate, but there it is.

I was half-joking. My family doesn't get it (not that I've come out, I don't care to tbh, I just know from how they react to a childhood friend of mine (also a furry...of course!) coming out as bi, as well as a few others I cannot recall...) and believes it is but another strange facet of the culture pushed by the current parade neo-Marxist degenerates, but the vast majority of people I've met who have talked of it speak of bisexuality just as with homosexuality; as a valid sexual attraction preference. My family does want me to have offspring, so I can see why they'd be upset if they'd find out that I'm not straight, but I can't help it (and also despise children lol) so, I'm sure it'll come out sometime and they'll be upset, but life is never fair or nice, so it's best to get used to it.

Lots of people cannot step out of their bubble is also a problem, but again, it's just how most people are. I regularly get people angry at me for my views on politics and the fact that I'm not masculine, among other things, but it's just something I accept and see where they are coming from, even if I find reasonable holes in said beliefs from my totally rational and scientific angle. Most people aren't like that, humans are still emotional animals, many even view such thinking and being as evil, and in some ways, it is harmful when too many people are like that. I just accept the fact and move on.

Sorry for...sorry for not being able to put to words the exact thing I was going to apoligize for...

Written By: meesa on 02/06/18 at 9:16 pm

I was half-joking. My family doesn't get it (not that I've come out, I don't care to tbh, I just know from how they react to a childhood friend of mine (also a furry...of course!) coming out as bi, as well as a few others I cannot recall...) and believes it is but another strange facet of the culture pushed by the current parade neo-Marxist degenerates, but the vast majority of people I've met who have talked of it speak of bisexuality just as with homosexuality; as a valid sexual attraction preference. My family does want me to have offspring, so I can see why they'd be upset if they'd find out that I'm not straight, but I can't help it (and also despise children lol) so, I'm sure it'll come out sometime and they'll be upset, but life is never fair or nice, so it's best to get used to it.

Lots of people cannot step out of their bubble is also a problem, but again, it's just how most people are. I regularly get people angry at me for my views on politics and the fact that I'm not masculine, among other things, but it's just something I accept and see where they are coming from, even if I find reasonable holes in said beliefs from my totally rational and scientific angle. Most people aren't like that, humans are still emotional animals, many even view such thinking and being as evil, and in some ways, it is harmful when too many people are like that. I just accept the fact and move on.

Sorry for...sorry for not being able to put to words the exact thing I was going to apoligize for...

My daughter came out to me as genderqueer *officially* when she was 17. I knew way before then. I tried to pave the way with open dialogue to make her comfortable speaking about it,  and she was still a bit scared even then. I hope that if/when you do come out to your family, they will accept it and you, and embrace you for exactly who you are.

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/07/18 at 6:45 am

My daughter came out to me as genderqueer *officially* when she was 17. I knew way before then. I tried to pave the way with open dialogue to make her comfortable speaking about it,  and she was still a bit scared even then. I hope that if/when you do come out to your family, they will accept it and you, and embrace you for exactly who you are.

I know they won't, but I don't mind much. Thanks though.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/07/18 at 3:03 pm

Good luck!  :)

I've only came out to my parents when I was 17, during my Senior year. They don't hate me, but they're still in denial.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 02/07/18 at 3:38 pm

:\'( Best of luck.

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/07/18 at 4:46 pm

Thanks both. <-w->

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/19 at 4:31 pm

I had a very vivid dream this afternoon while napping. My cute co-worker came out as gay, and then later I pulled him aside and came out to him too, and he was ultra happy. I still remember the beaming smile and glistening smile. Unfortunately I woke up not long after. :P

I'm in a really good mood now. It felt so liberating to just be myself. I think the lesson I can take from this is to not pretend to be straight in front of new people anymore. Usually I don't come out until I'm really pressured or really trust the other person.  :-\\

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/16/19 at 5:09 pm

I had a very lucid dream this afternoon while napping. My cute co-worker came out as gay, and then later I pulled him aside and came out to him too, and he was ultra happy. I still remember the beaming smile and glistening smile. Unfortunately I woke up not long after. :P

I'm in a really good mood now. It felt so liberating to just be myself. I think the lesson I can take from this is to not pretend to be straight in front of new people anymore. Usually I don't come out until I'm really pressured or really trust the other person.  :-\\

Just to clarify...when you say "lucid dream" here do you mean just a vividly remembered dream, or do you mean "lucid dream' as it is generally defined, when one is actually aware one is dreaming and can therefore control the dream any way one wishes.

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/19 at 5:34 pm

Just to clarify...when you say "lucid dream" here do you mean just a vividly remembered dream, or do you mean "lucid dream' as it is generally defined, when one is actually aware one is dreaming and can therefore control the dream any way one wishes.

Sorry, I meant that it was vivid. I had a feeling that would trip someone up after I re-read my own post after posting. ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/16/19 at 5:53 pm

Sorry, I meant that it was vivid. I had a feeling that would trip someone up after I re-read my own post after posting. ;D

That whole "lucid dream" category is an area worth exploring. I'e trained myself to do it, but of course it's not always controllable.

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/16/19 at 9:25 pm

Not to scare you but in my experience, most people start to question whether or not you're gay if you are average or better looking and you've been single for a while. You can get away with being single, gay, and in the closet during high school but I've found that people start poking at you after you graduate. ESPECIALLY FAMILY.  I'm not recommending that you get a beard or anything. I'm just letting you know what kind of world is waiting for you after high school. Best to start really toughening up now.

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/19 at 9:35 pm

Not to scare you but in my experience, most people start to question whether or not you're gay if you are average or better looking and you've been single for a while. You can get away with being single, gay, and in the closet during high school but I've found that people start poking at you after you graduate. ESPECIALLY FAMILY.  I'm not recommending that you get a beard or anything. I'm just letting you know what kind of world is waiting for you after high school. Best to start really toughening up now.

That post is from 2017. I think he's in uni now.

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/16/19 at 9:39 pm

Ah. Okay. Either way, my reply still stands.

Written By: 2001 on 03/16/19 at 9:41 pm

Ah. Okay. Either way, my reply still stands.

I actually think his mom found out he was gay and he was forced to come out. Not sure if I was imagining reading that though or if I'm confusing him for someone else.  :-X

Edit: okay, so it did happen and he said it didn't go well. I'm actually curious as to what happened.  :-\\

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/01/19 at 11:14 pm

I'm gay. Completely hate it, too!

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/01/19 at 11:34 pm

You would be correct. My family found out, its an open secret and we have a cold war running over the issue with family issues taking more precedence, however I think that once I get in my first serious relationship it could reignite.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/18/20 at 3:55 pm

I'm gay. Completely hate it, too!

It’s interesting reading about people’s various struggles with being gay - I almost feel guilty about how comparatively insignificant being gay has been in my life so far. I remember my mum and sister finding my, ahem, explicit search history on the family computer around 2010. After that, they kept asking me if I was gay, and I’d always say no. They told me that I could tell them, that it didn’t matter, but I still said no. I don’t even really know why I bothered denying it when they made it perfectly clear that it wasn’t a problem.

Anyway, it basically became an open secret until I ‘formally’ came out to them when I was about 18. They were completely unsurprised of course. I consider myself really fortunate to have a family that doesn’t care about sexuality, but at the same time I feel like being gay just isn’t a big deal in the UK anymore - we’re highly irreligious and consistently rank as one of the best countries in the world to be gay. Makes me glad I wasn’t born in the US Deep South or something.

Written By: 2001 on 01/18/20 at 4:37 pm

It’s interesting reading about people’s various struggles with being gay - I almost feel guilty about how comparatively insignificant being gay has been in my life so far. I remember my mum and sister finding my, ahem, explicit search history on the family computer around 2010. After that, they kept asking me if I was gay, and I’d always say no. They told me that I could tell them, that it didn’t matter, but I still said no. I don’t even really know why I bothered denying it when they made it perfectly clear that it wasn’t a problem.

Anyway, it basically became an open secret until I ‘formally’ came out to them when I was about 18. They were completely unsurprised of course. I consider myself really fortunate to have a family that doesn’t care about sexuality, but at the same time I feel like being gay just isn’t a big deal in the UK anymore - we’re highly irreligious and consistently rank as one of the best countries in the world to be gay. Makes me glad I wasn’t born in the US Deep South or something.

That's good that your family accepts you. No need to feel guilty, just be grateful 8)

In my case my country is accepting but not so much my parents, unfortunately.

I do remember when society was worse, though. Gay marriage was legalized here in 2003 and I remember a large and nasty opposition to it. In the early 2000s some high schools didn't allow students to bring a same-sex date to prom night. So I didn't grow up thinking everyone or even most people were accepting of it. :P

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/18/20 at 5:10 pm

That's good that your family accepts you. No need to feel guilty, just be grateful 8)

In my case my country is accepting but not so much my parents, unfortunately.

I do remember when society was worse, though. Gay marriage was legalized here in 2003 and I remember a large and nasty opposition to it. In the early 2000s some high schools didn't allow students to bring a same-sex date to prom night. So I didn't grow up thinking everyone or even most people were accepting of it. :P

I remember things being worse too - wasn’t until 2003 that a law prohibiting the ‘promotion’ of homosexuality in schools was repealed, and that law was only introduced in the 1980s by the wonderful Margaret Thatcher. Lots of progress over the past 20 years.

Stay safe. If your parents do find out, hopefully they won’t be upset forever. Sometimes homophobic parents change their mind when their own kids come out as gay.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 01/19/20 at 12:03 am

It isn't even intolerance that makes me hate being gay so much as nobody near me looking good to me. And possibly wanting me back.

I saw this one hot Scemo guy the other day online, and he's even close to me!
Oh, yeah... He's straight.

Check for new replies or respond here...