inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Short & Average Height Males Thread

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:55 pm

I created this thread for any member on here that is a short or average height guy.

Currently, I'm about 5 ft 7. I could grow another inch or 2 (maybe a bit more). However, I'm most likely going to stay this height. There are many disadvantages to being a short and average height guy.

Who else on here is a male that is 5 ft 9 and shorter?

Subject: Re: The Short & Average Height Guys Thread

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:56 pm

I created this thread for any member on here that is a short or average height guy.

Currently, I'm about 5 ft 7. I could grow another inch or 2 (maybe a bit more). However, I'm most likely going to stay this height. There are many disadvantages to being a short and average height guy.

Who else on here is a male that is 5 ft 9 and shorter?

This is discrimination! >:(

Subject: Re: The Short & Average Height Guys Thread

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 4:00 pm

This is discrimination! >:(

Create your own thread bud >:(.

Subject: Re: The Short & Average Height Males Thread

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/16/17 at 4:15 pm

I'm so short you need a microscope to see me

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 4:16 pm

Are you a bacteria? :-X

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/17 at 4:27 pm

I grew until I was 22, like an inch from age 18.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 4:28 pm

That doesn't give me much hope :-\\.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/16/17 at 4:28 pm

Are you a bacteria? :-X

I'm an atom

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 4:29 pm

I'm an atom

Makes sense :P.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 09/16/17 at 4:32 pm

I'm about 5'8

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 4:34 pm

I'm about 5'8

Cool. We're close in height.

How does being 5 ft 8 feel?

Written By: Lizardmatum on 09/16/17 at 5:10 pm

Cool. We're close in height.

How does being 5 ft 8 feel?

I've always felt to be the shorter one in a group of males. But I guess I'm kind of ok with it at this stage in my life.  But mind you it's not as bad as when I was a child. When I was young I was TINY. So I'm grateful I at least grew taller than that. Both the girls and guys towered over me  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 5:19 pm

I've always felt to be the shorter one in a group of males. But I guess I'm kind of ok with it at this stage in my life.  But mind you it's not as bad as when I was a child. When I was young I was TINY. So I'm grateful I at least grew taller than that. Both the girls and guys towered over me  ;D

I was the exact same way!

Yeah, it's not so bad now and I'm starting to accept my height. But occasionally I do get a bit down and wish that I was 6 ft to 6 ft 4.

Written By: 2001 on 09/16/17 at 6:04 pm

I'm 5' 9" or 175 cm. I guess that's average, but it's never given me any trouble.  :)

Oh, the last time I measured myself was when I was 18. I don't think I've grown since then.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 6:07 pm

I'm 5' 9" or 175 cm. I guess that's average, but it's never given me any trouble.  :)

Oh, the last time I measured myself was when I was 18. I don't think I've grown since then.

Welcome to the club 8).

Don't you occasionally compare yourself to men taller than you and sometimes wish that you were at least closer to their height or the exact same height as them? ;D

Written By: 2001 on 09/16/17 at 6:25 pm

Welcome to the club 8).

Don't you occasionally compare yourself to men taller than you and sometimes wish that you were at least closer to their height or the exact same height as them? ;D

I might have thought once or twice about how life would be like if I were taller, but it's not something that occupies my mind. :P

This is like the only benefit of being gay. No unrealistic height requirements ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 6:28 pm

I might have thought once or twice about how life would be like if I were taller, but it's not something that occupies my mind. :P

Same here. I'm just wondering if you have.

This is like the only benefit of being gay. No unrealistic height requirements ;D

I was going to say this..but I didn't want to potentially offend you, lol :-[.

Written By: Howard on 09/17/17 at 7:46 am

;D

Written By: Howard on 09/17/17 at 7:48 am

I'm 6ft tall, now I'm taller than My Mother and My Father and to think 33 years ago I was the shrimp of the family. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/17/17 at 10:34 am

I'm 6ft tall, now I'm taller than My Mother and My Father and to think 33 years ago I was the shrimp of the family. ;D

I was 6' 1" before my back injury, now I am an inch shorter, and I was this height was I was at school. I was the first in my class (and school, barring teachers) to see The Exorcist in 1974.

OK you guys. This is the short and average height guys thread not the above average and tall guys thread.

Just saying.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/23/18 at 12:47 pm

I don't know my height by inches but I know I'm basically short. Working out alone won't save you but it gives you a better chance and outlook.

Written By: 2001 on 12/23/18 at 1:30 pm

Bruh it's winter. Wear boots or manheels as I call em, and of course join my skinny jeans club to make your legs look long. No excuses for looking short this season!

Written By: Howard on 12/23/18 at 3:02 pm

I'm about 6ft tall.

Written By: floppy on 01/14/19 at 9:46 am

my moms 4 foot 8 and my dads 5 foot 9 or 10 i dont see my self being to tall.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/19 at 8:10 am

my moms 4 foot 8 and my dads 5 foot 9 or 10 i dont see my self being to tall.

My Mother is about 5'5 and My Father I think is about 5'8 or maybe 5'9.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/23/20 at 11:38 am

5'8" here and I too was tiny as a kid due to medical issues.  I am still skinny.  To this day I feel small and whenever I see another guy's hands they look like fat sausage fingers compared to mine.

But there are advantages.  I can work on things like cars and fit in places that many other guys can't, and can handle intricate things better.  My fingers are great for playing music.  My 5th grade teacher pointed to me and the short girl in class and said "these 2 people will be able to own any small car they want when they are older".  He was right.  Small cars fit me better, I feel like I am swimming when I try to drive my friend's truck or Bonneville.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/23/20 at 12:02 pm

As someone who is 6'3" I think tall people should be paid more. People are always asking me to reach stuff for them, so I figure that if I'm expected to do a little more work than everyone else than I should get paid a little more.

Not much more mind you, maybe an extra 5 cents per hour. 

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/23/20 at 1:14 pm

As someone who is 6'3" I think tall people should be paid more. People are always asking me to reach stuff for them, so I figure that if I'm expected to do a little more work than everyone else than I should get paid a little more.

Imagine if this was actually the case and people complained about the height wage gap. ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/23/20 at 1:28 pm

Petite people should be paid more as well. People are always asking me to squeeze into small places to get stuff. Average height people can have an average salary.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/20 at 2:36 pm

Petite people should be paid more as well. People are always asking me to squeeze into small places to get stuff. Average height people can have an average salary.

some small customers ask me to get the stuff from the top shelf because they see I'm tall.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/20 at 2:39 pm

I'm 6 feet tall, about 35 years ago I used to be the shrimp in the family and My Parents were taller than me and today I'm taller than them.

Written By: 2001 on 01/23/20 at 4:44 pm

Imagine if this was actually the case and people complained about the height wage gap. ;D

There is actually a small (no pun) height wage gap and people do complain about it. There are a lot of Internet communities where short men gather to vent their frustrations.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/26/20 at 2:49 pm

Iā€™m 5ā€™11 which makes me the tallest person in my family. Most of my family are female though so that was never going to be hard. My sister is quite tall for a girl though at 5ā€™7.

Written By: Howard on 01/27/20 at 5:29 am

There is actually a small (no pun) height wage gap and people do complain about it. There are a lot of Internet communities where short men gather to vent their frustrations.

You mean like a group meeting?

Check for new replies or respond here...