inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Self defense?

Written By: violet_shy on 09/26/17 at 11:50 am

I've been finding it really hard to raise my voice at people when I am defending myself, lol. If I am in a situation where I have to be defensive, I just can't bring myself to yell or shout. I usually stay calm and speak normally. I'm thinking maybe sometimes keeping to myself isn't always the way to go. Everyone tells me I should speak up for myself but I just don't know how to do it! Good thing I don't have children. I couldn't live with myself if I ever shouted at a child. Could it be said that I am naturally easy going and that maybe this is the reason I don't know how to confront others?  :(

Subject: Re: Self defense?

Written By: 80sfan on 09/26/17 at 4:08 pm

Some people are just naturally reserved, or polite. It's just the way they're built. Some people are naturally more aggressive and/or fiery. That can work to their advantage, or it can backfire and they have an impulse control problem!

Each kind of personalities have their own set of problems.  :o

Subject: Re: Self defense?

Written By: nally on 09/26/17 at 5:38 pm

Some people are just naturally reserved, or polite. It's just the way they're built. Some people are naturally more aggressive and/or fiery. That can work to their advantage, or it can backfire and they have an impulse control problem!

Each kind of personalities have their own set of problems.  :o

This.

I learned self defense (martial arts) for a couple of years in the 1990s (1991-93) and I still remember some of the stuff I learned.

Check for new replies or respond here...