inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My concerns with this site

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/28/17 at 1:02 pm

I just came back from a week long break from being on inthe00s.com. I feel refreshed and good...it was great to take that break.

With of all that said, I don't think that I can remain committed to inthe00s.com. A lot of members on here have too much of a cynical outlook on life and also have an almost dystopian view of the present. I don't know if it has to do with the type of forum this is or what but I don't truly feel connected and enthusiastic being on here. I definitely see why certain members have either left or not been as active as they once were in the past few months. It's tiring seeing the same conversations and seeing how much people hate the pop culture of the 2010s. If you don't like it then fine but many of you need to stop acting as if we are living in the Dark Ages...it's sickening.

BTW, I'm not trying to bash anyone or offend anyone...I'm just sharing my concerns.

Based on this, I have decided that I will minimize my time on here and only check in periodically. However, if I continue to see they same things over and over again then I will unfortunately have to leave this site....PERMANENTLY.

Anyways, that was all. I just wanted to let all of you know how I feel. It's better to share my thoughts than keep it inside me.

Subject: Re: My concerns with this site

Written By: 2001 on 09/28/17 at 1:27 pm

Welcome back! :)

I agree with you, although I haven't thought about leaving this site. People can be excessively pessimistic, to the point that it's not very healthy to spend too much time on this site. I mean, it's one thing to dislike current pop culture, which I don't have a problem with, but it's another thing to act like society is going to hell and never coming back because Taylor Swift has a new #1 single or you don't like Game of Thrones  :o These things are so trivial.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/28/17 at 2:01 pm

I agree with you, although I haven't thought about leaving this site. People can be excessively pessimistic, to the point that it's not very healthy to spend too much time on this site. I mean, it's one thing to dislike current pop culture, which I don't have a problem with, but it's another thing to act like society is going to hell and never coming back because Taylor Swift has a new #1 single or you don't like Game of Thrones  :o These things are so trivial.

Thanks! :)

Oh and you summed it up pretty nicely. I don't care if a person doesn't like the pop culture of today but stop acting as if we live in some post apocalyptic world or something.

I want to be in a place where I feel connected and enthusiastic but if so many people on here are so pessimistic then I don't see the point in being regularly active or maybe even active at all (As of right now, that's not the case).

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/29/17 at 7:49 am

Confession time: a long, long time ago (I think 2010?), I actually had another account on this forum. I don't use it now because, frankly, I don't even remember what my username was or even the email address linked to my old account.

I would have to agree with your assessment. People here nowadays seem way more pessimistic about the present. Also I remember this place being WAY more liberal. Maybe the two are related.

I think things are getting darker in economic, social, and political life, but by no means do I believe this extends to pop culture or the arts. To the contrary, they seem more vibrant than ever. Maybe that's why the pessimistic tone of this forum, which you have noted, so surprises me.

But hey, maybe we can all work together to make this forum a better place than it has become. In the interest of that, I would urge you to stay.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/29/17 at 8:54 am

I'm going to be honest. I personally don't think the overall vibe of this forum is that bad. It may appear pessimistic in many aspects, but that's just due to the times we are living in. We're living in a world where Donald Trump is the US President and the world is on the brink of nuclear war. If you also extend that to pop culture, the music industry is currently only defined by two genres ("EDM" and trap), the major Hollywood studios have seemingly ran out of ideas for films (resulting in countless unnecessary reboots and sequels) and the TV landscape is dominated by dark and gloomy shows. It's no wonder why people are cynical about life and society in general. The world isn't roses and daisies, it never has been.

Obviously I hope that you don't leave this site for good, but you may just have to accept that this is how things are at the moment. However, with that said, things do change. The general vibe of this site will change with time.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/29/17 at 9:18 am

Confession time: a long, long time ago (I think 2010?), I actually had another account on this forum. I don't use it now because, frankly, I don't even remember what my username was or even the email address linked to my old account.

I would have to agree with your assessment. People here nowadays seem way more pessimistic about the present. Also I remember this place being WAY more liberal. Maybe the two are related.

I think things are getting darker in economic, social, and political life, but by no means do I believe this extends to pop culture or the arts. To the contrary, they seem more vibrant than ever. Maybe that's why the pessimistic tone of this forum, which you have noted, so surprises me.

But hey, maybe we can all work together to make this forum a better place than it has become. In the interest of that, I would urge you to stay.

Thanks for sharing and I'll stay (...for now).

I'm going to be honest. I personally don't think the overall vibe of this forum is that bad. It may appear pessimistic in many aspects, but that's just due to the times we are living in. We're living in a world where Donald Trump is the US President and the world is on the brink of nuclear war. If you also extend that to pop culture, the music industry is currently only defined by two genres ("EDM" and trap), the major Hollywood studios have seemingly ran out of ideas for films (resulting in countless unnecessary reboots and sequels) and the TV landscape is dominated by dark and gloomy shows. It's no wonder why people are cynical about life and society in general. The world isn't roses and daisies, it never has been.

Obviously I hope that you don't leave this site for good, but you may just have to accept that this is how things are at the moment. However, with that said, things do change. The general vibe of this site will change with time.

Well, as I said in the OP...you don't have to like the pop culture of today and also the politics. However, many people act like this is the Dark Ages or something. Yes, things are very dysfunctional in the U.S. and North Korea is more fiery than normal but still....the world is not in total chaos and there are plenty of things that are not bad.

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/29/17 at 9:46 am

Also to say music today consists of only EDM and trap is a bit of a myopic view of reality. I mean look, just this year rock music made an unexpected and unforeseen comeback. And that's just in the mainstream. The world of music may actually be more diverse than it's been at any time since the '70s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/29/17 at 9:57 am

Also to say music today consists of only EDM and trap is a bit of a myopic view of reality. I mean look, just this year rock music made an unexpected and unforeseen comeback. And that's just in the mainstream. The world of music may actually be more diverse than it's been at any time since the '70s.
I think that statement has to do with the mainstream. Yeah, there are obviously more genres out there today that people can listen to, but they're still either underground or they used to be popular and then retreated back to underground. Hopefully soon the music scene can bring back variety that even the early 10s had.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/29/17 at 10:13 am

Really, its unhealthy to spend so much time on a website anyway. This site has one of the most positive vibes of all the sites I been to. If you have nothing against the culture of today, go outside and enjoy it.

You have the same pessimism against nostalgia.

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/29/17 at 10:18 am

Or maybe it's a recognition that there's a point where nostalgia turns into a golden age fallacy.

Fact of the matter is things were plenty horrible in the '90s and '00s too. No particular decade has a monopoly on greatness or horribleness. Even the 1930s were more complex than being entirely good or bad.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/29/17 at 10:27 am

Or maybe it's a recognition that there's a point where nostalgia turns into a golden age fallacy.

Maybe, our nostalgia really doesn't get to that point. Stop acting like you all know what's best for other people. Let us live.

Written By: Elor on 09/29/17 at 10:45 am

well, it could be because of the main topic of this web side:nostalgia
People come here  because they long for something they perceive as the "good old days" and that means they don't like the world they live in as much. I guess that's why there is this much dislike for the current pop culture.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/29/17 at 11:12 am

People come here  because they long for something they perceive as the "good old days" and that means they don't like the world they live in as much. I guess that's why there is this much dislike for the current pop culture.

Fair enough and I guess that you're right.

However, like I said, I guess that I will just have to minimize my time on here.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/29/17 at 11:21 am

However, like I said, I guess that I will just have to minimize my time on here.
I hope you don't man. You have been a valuable member since you signed up here.

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/29/17 at 12:08 pm

You have a point. I can only speak for myself when I say the reason for I came back recently though was because I hoped people were studying the emerging era of pop culture as closely as me. But to each their own I suppose.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/29/17 at 12:53 pm

I appreciate that and thanks. However, this valued member is not obligated to spend to a lot of time on here.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/29/17 at 1:21 pm

He isn't leaving. Just, he's going to spend less time on the site. Dude was active, a high contributor from what I know.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/29/17 at 1:33 pm

He isn't leaving. Just, he's going to spend less time on the site. Dude was active, a high contributor from what I know.
Hell yeah he was, and I hope he continues to contribute more to this site.

Written By: Howard on 09/29/17 at 3:38 pm

Really, its unhealthy to spend so much time on a website anyway. This site has one of the most positive vibes of all the sites I been to. If you have nothing against the culture of today, go outside and enjoy it.

You have the same pessimism against nostalgia.

not always, it does give some valuable information sometimes.

Written By: DesiredUsernameWasTaken on 09/29/17 at 4:53 pm

Can you give specific examples of how some people on here have a "cynical outlook on life"?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/29/17 at 5:17 pm

Can you give specific examples of how some people on here have a "cynical outlook on life"?

Just look at anything that Riven or unconventional99 comments.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/29/17 at 5:48 pm

Just look at anything that Riven or unconventional99 comments.
From what they're saying it seems like they're tired of the cynical atmosphere we have right now, and are hoping that it becomes optimistic very soon. In addition, they probably hoped that this decade would turn out to be much better and that unfortunately didn't come true.

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/29/17 at 7:05 pm

I just came back from a week long break from being on inthe00s.com. I feel refreshed and good...it was great to take that break.

With of all that said, I don't think that I can remain committed to inthe00s.com. A lot of members on here have too much of a cynical outlook on life and also have an almost dystopian view of the present. I don't know if it has to do with the type of forum this is or what but I don't truly feel connected and enthusiastic being on here. I definitely see why certain members have either left or not been as active as they once were in the past few months. It's tiring seeing the same conversations and seeing how much people hate the pop culture of the 2010s. If you don't like it then fine but many of you need to stop acting as if we are living in the Dark Ages...it's sickening.

BTW, I'm not trying to bash anyone or offend anyone...I'm just sharing my concerns.

Based on this, I have decided that I will minimize my time on here and only check in periodically. However, if I continue to see they same things over and over again then I will unfortunately have to leave this site....PERMANENTLY.

Anyways, that was all. I just wanted to let all of you know how I feel. It's better to share my thoughts than keep it inside me.

Like others have said, the world never has been all roses, but where the situation is currently at with all the hate and conflict and the way the media fuels it, things really have taken a dark turn. Turn on the TV or use social media and you're reminded of it constantly. I couldn't give a crap what pop culture is, fads come and go. People on the other hand can be downright scary.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/29/17 at 7:41 pm

From what they're saying it seems like they're tired of the cynical atmosphere we have right now, and are hoping that it becomes optimistic very soon. In addition, they probably hoped that this decade would turn out to be much better and that unfortunately didn't come true.

I don't know about that. unconventional99 ALWAYS says that she thinks the 2020s will be a decade of complete chaos and destruction and basically apocalyptic. Riven can NEVER stop talking about his hate for men and men with straight hair.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/29/17 at 7:51 pm

Like others have said, the world never has been all roses, but where the situation is currently at with all the hate and conflict and the way the media fuels it, things really have taken a dark turn. Turn on the TV or use social media and you're reminded of it constantly. I couldn't give a crap what pop culture is, fads come and go. People on the other hand can be downright scary.

Some of you guys seem to be misunderstanding me and that's just another reason why I feel a bit disconnected. I don't believe that the world is all roses and that's not why I made my statement. This site feels like more like a depressed fraternity more than a pop culture based online forum...and THAT'S MY PROBLEM!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/29/17 at 7:58 pm

I don't know about that. unconventional99 ALWAYS says that she thinks the 2020s will be a decade of complete chaos and destruction and basically apocalyptic. Riven can NEVER stop talking about his hate for men and men with straight hair.
Well, she didn't start saying that about the next decade until a few weeks ago. Before, she was all for the 2020s and would enjoy the pop culture despite she would out of the target audience. As for Riven, that sounds like a personal issue with him. I think he will like men again once long hair comes back into fashion (and that could happen soon).

Now as for the cynicism overall, there are legit reasons for it, and it's not about nostalgia. Almost everything whether it's movies, music, video games, fashion, and even Tv Shows are dark and serious. So far, it has overstayed its welcome, and that is why people are hoping that it changes to the point culture is positive again. I mean, that's something that has been missing for the past several years.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/29/17 at 8:25 pm

Well, she didn't start saying that about the next decade until a few weeks ago. Before, she was all for the 2020s and would enjoy the pop culture despite she would out of the target audience. As for Riven, that sounds like a personal issue with him. I think he will like men again once long hair comes back into fashion (and that could happen soon).

It doesn't matter whether she just started having those views or not.

Riven has an irrational dislike for men and men with straight hair in particular. I don't care if long hair on men (mostly White men) will come back into prominence or not....it's an irrational belief PERIOD. Yet, he NEVER stops talking about it.

Now as for the cynicism overall, there are legit reasons for it, and it's not about nostalgia. Almost everything whether it's movies, music, video games, fashion, and even Tv Shows are dark and serious. So far, it has overstayed its welcome, and that is why people are hoping that it changes to the point culture is positive again. I mean, that's something that has been missing for the past several years.

There are PLENTY of movies, TV shows, video games and music that have came out in the past 5 or so years that have NOT been cynical or dark. Also, pretty much none of the fashion trends today are cynical or dark. The fact of the matter is that most members on here just personally CHOOSE to ignore those things because they yearn for a past time in their life. I have no problem with nostlagia...I get nostalgic sometimes but I don't let it cloud my mind. Many of you guys just have confirmation bias...you see one (or a few) movies or TV show that fits your view but ignore others that DON'T.

RANT OVER!

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/29/17 at 9:09 pm

Some of you guys seem to be misunderstanding me and that's just another reason why I feel a bit disconnected. I don't believe that the world is all roses and that's not why I made my statement. This site feels like more like a depressed fraternity more than a pop culture based online forum...and THAT'S MY PROBLEM!

Well I took it to mean the current events of the world that are upsetting people. I did read the previous reply you made to another user and can't say I disagree when it comes to some of the first world problems that get brought up often.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/29/17 at 9:41 pm

Well I took it to mean the current events of the world that are upsetting people. I did read the previous reply you made to another user and can't say I disagree when it comes to some of the first world problems that get brought up often.

Fair enough. As long as you understand where I'm coming from...I'm good :).

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/29/17 at 9:44 pm

It doesn't matter whether she just started having those views or not.

Riven has an irrational dislike for men and men with straight hair in particular. I don't care if the long hair on men (mostly White men) will come back into prominence or not....it's an irrational belief PERIOD. Yet, he NEVER stops talking about it.

There are PLENTY of movies, TV shows, video games and music that have come out in the past 5 or so years that have NOT been cynical or dark. Also, pretty much none of the fashion trends today are cynical or dark. The fact of the matter is that most members on here just personally CHOOSE to ignore those things because they yearn for a past time in their life. I have no problem with nostalgia...I get nostalgic sometimes but I don't let it cloud my mind. Many of you guys just have confirmation bias...you see one (or a few) movies or TV show that fits your view but ignore others that DON'T.

RANT OVER!
Well, she will soon change her views. It not like she's going to be pessimistic forever, and He will get over it one day. Aside from that, those are personal issues that they need to overcome.

That's why I said almost. I'm aware there are movies, TV shows, video games and music out there that don't have a cynical or dark theme. Now, there's NOTHING wrong with those types of media. It's just that some others and I wish that variety would return to the mainstream. Pop culture seems to be unbalanced these days.

I don't know what you mean by confirmation bias. All of us here have watched more than just a few current movies and TV shows. There are shows and films out today we like and others that we don't. It's the same thing with video games, fashion, and music.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/29/17 at 9:51 pm

Well, she will soon change her views. It not like she's going to be pessimistic forever, and He will get over it one day. Aside from that, those are personal issues that they need to overcome.

OK. They still are examples of the cynicism and pessimism that is persuasive on this forum. I'll leave it at that.

That's why I said almost. I'm aware there are movies, TV shows, video games and music out there that don't have a cynical or dark theme. Now, there's NOTHING wrong with those types of media. It's just that some others and I wish that variety would return to the mainstream. Pop culture seems to be unbalanced these days.

That's the thing...at no point in human history have humans been available to such an amount of content and entertainment. However, people want to impose how they feel pop culture should be and if it's not how they want it..then they basically hate pop culture and they hate their life and even other people.

I don't know what you mean by confirmation bias. All of us here have watched more than just a few current movies and TV shows. There are shows and films out today we like and others that we don't. It's the same thing with video games, fashion, and music.

Not you in particular but I have definitely seen many others on here name one TV or song and say that why they don't partake in the pop culture of today or have a heavy disdain for it.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/29/17 at 10:12 pm

That's the thing...at no point in human history have humans been available to such an amount of content and entertainment. However, people want to impose how they feel pop culture should be and if it's not how they want it..then they basically hate pop culture and they hate their life and even other people.
Not you in particular but I have definitely seen many others on here name one TV or song and say that why they don't partake in the pop culture of today or have a heavy disdain for it.
I see your point. Yeah, I have seen a few users feel that way, but I think they have their reasons for doing so. They might not like a lot of the current pop culture that's out there, but  I remember reading their statements that they enjoyed some of the current TV shows, video games, music etc.

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/30/17 at 4:45 am

There are PLENTY of movies, TV shows, video games and music that have came out in the past 5 or so years that have NOT been cynical or dark. Also, pretty much none of the fashion trends today are cynical or dark. The fact of the matter is that most members on here just personally CHOOSE to ignore those things because they yearn for a past time in their life. I have no problem with nostlagia...I get nostalgic sometimes but I don't let it cloud my mind. Many of you guys just have confirmation bias...you see one (or a few) movies or TV show that fits your view but ignore others that DON'T.

RANT OVER!

This is my take on it as well. It could be that a good chunk of the members are at that certain age where "everything seems like sheesh" (South Park did an episode on this, and from personal experience I can tell you it's a real thing).

To clarify btw, the reason I brought up my earlier membership here is to emphasize that I think there was a different composition of members back then - which was around 2010 or so. It was a more liberal crowd as I remember, mostly Gen Xers and Millennials, and I think they were a bit less cynical about pop culture today. Maybe that's because the Obama years was "our" culture, meaning one we related to more. The attitude of this forum seems very much changed from then.

Written By: Howard on 09/30/17 at 7:30 am

I hate when they keep repeating themselves. ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 09/30/17 at 8:05 am

The Golden Age of this site was 2001 to 2008. At least to me!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/30/17 at 9:57 am

I hate when they keep repeating themselves. ::)

Me too.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/30/17 at 10:00 am

This is my take on it as well. It could be that a good chunk of the members are at that certain age where "everything seems like sheesh" (South Park did an episode on this, and from personal experience I can tell you it's a real thing).

To clarify btw, the reason I brought up my earlier membership here is to emphasize that I think there was a different composition of members back then - which was around 2010 or so. It was a more liberal crowd as I remember, mostly Gen Xers and Millennials, and I think they were a bit less cynical about pop culture today. Maybe that's because the Obama years was "our" culture, meaning one we related to more. The attitude of this forum seems very much changed from then.

Thanks for sharing.

Most of the people on this site now are younger Millennials and early Gen Z and it should be the case that this period is "ours". However, most of the younger Millennials and early Gen Z on this site HATE the pop culture of today.

Written By: Howard on 09/30/17 at 3:04 pm

The Golden Age of this site was 2001 to 2008. At least to me!

The Golden Age of this site in my eyes was over 10 years ago.

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/30/17 at 3:11 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Most of the people on this site now are younger Millennials and early Gen Z and it should be the case that this period is "ours". However, most of the younger Millennials and early Gen Z on this site HATE the pop culture of today.

I think that is beginning, actually. I think the Age of Trump is the beginning of "your" time. I'm right in the middle of the Millennial grouping at 1990, so Obama was basically my era and my culture. I hated it for most of that time but I've been able to relate to it better over the years.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/30/17 at 3:47 pm

I think that is beginning, actually. I think the Age of Trump is the beginning of "your" time. I'm right in the middle of the Millennial grouping at 1990, so Obama was basically my era and my culture. I hated it for most of that time but I've been able to relate to it better over the years.

I was born in 1999 and it sucks that Trump will be President during most of my time in college but I still don't absolutely hate the pop culture of today. I still have many things that I like about now and others that I don't. I do of course occasionally get nostalgic about my childhood in the 2000s but I don't let it consume my life.

Written By: DesiredUsernameWasTaken on 09/30/17 at 7:15 pm

The one thing I hate about this site personally is how strongly opinionated everyone is. They'll just shove their view of something down people's throats and will argue against and get defensive whenever anyone gives a different view. Sure I've done this at times, but it happens in almost all threads.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/30/17 at 8:00 pm

The one thing I hate about this site personally is how strongly opinionated everyone is. They'll just shove their view of something down people's throats and will argue against and get defensive whenever anyone gives a different view. Sure I've done this at times, but it happens in almost all threads.

I definitely agree with you on that. That needs to stop :-X.

Subject: My concerns with this site

Written By: Dude111 on 09/30/17 at 9:05 pm

I agree with you

I agree also but nether you or ME can do anything about how bad it is now........

The world died in the 80s and there is not much GOOD left in this world.....

Not talking about it WONT MAKE IT GO AWAY.... (Would be nice if it did)

Its good to have you back TheReignMan,we all mi$$ed ya buddy!!

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/30/17 at 9:06 pm

To be completely honest it really annoys me with how a lot of people on here just all complain and hate on the current era. However, it doesn't affect me whatsoever, I'm not gonna let them chnage how I feel. I'm just gonna keep on living my life and enjoy the current time even though I obvously get nostalgic for the past sometime aswell, I just don't let it consume my life like some people on here clearly do. Tbh I actually feel sorry for those people, but hey they can think for themselves and it kinda makes me feel better.

It must really suck to be some of you guys(no offence).

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/30/17 at 9:41 pm

People complain about the current era, because hey, that's just life. There has never been a time when everything has been roses and daisies. I personally don't see a problem with people expressing their dislike for the current times. We can't all put on a facade and pretend that everything is fine. That's not how it works.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/30/17 at 10:00 pm

To be completely honest it really annoys me with how a lot of people on here just all complain and hate on the current era. However, it doesn't affect me whatsoever, I'm not gonna let them chnage how I feel. I'm just gonna keep on living my life and enjoy the current time even though I obvously get nostalgic for the past sometime aswell, I just don't let it consume my life like some people on here clearly do. Tbh I actually feel sorry for those people, but hey they can think for themselves and it kinda makes me feel better.

Exactly. I totally agree.

Also, thanks for understanding my point.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/30/17 at 10:02 pm

People complain about the current era, because hey, that's just life. There has never been a time when everything has been roses and daisies. I personally don't see a problem with people expressing their dislike for the current times. We can't all put on a facade and pretend that everything is fine. That's not how it works.

Good Lord...another person who doesn't understand what I'm saying. I'm not going to repeat myself because I've already explained what I meant ::).

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/30/17 at 11:27 pm

Your just repeating yourself now, dude. Its really amazing. We're doing nothing to you. I hope you have a version of this exact post for etc bad addictions.

If it doesn't affect you, what else can you say?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/30/17 at 11:41 pm

Your just repeating yourself now, dude.

And so does a lot of other people on this forum..... E.g. The guy who has some obsession with other guys and long hair :-X

We're doing nothing to you. I hope you have a version of this exact post for etc bad addictions.

I never said you guys were doing anything to me, this I just my observations.  Oh and I probaly do have a near exact version of this post somewhere, like everyone else on here..... ???

If it doesn't affect you, what else can you say?

Nothing tbh. I just wanted to share my opinions ;)

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/30/17 at 11:56 pm

And so does a lot of other people on this forum..... E.g. The guy who has some obsession with other guys and long hair :-X
I never said you guys were doing anything to me, this I just my observations.  Oh and I probaly do have a near exact version of this post somewhere, like everyone else on here..... ???

This cleverness won't work in your favor my dude. They aren't posting "I feel uneasiness for how this person lives." That's a total difference. The user your calling out, is completing minding his own business.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/01/17 at 12:04 am

This cleverness won't work in your favor my dude. They aren't posting "I feel uneasiness for how this person lives." That's a total difference. The user your calling out, is completing minding his own business.

Well your the one who isn't minding their own business. This thread is literally called "My concerns with this site", so I responded to this thread with my concerns and OP agrees, now your having a big rant to me about repeating myself and yet I'm the one not minding my own business! Huh ???, never knew that's how it worked :P.

Anyways come on dude, I don't want to get into an argument. It will kinda be further proving my point lol.
I understand I may have been a bit harsh, but oh well that's just what I think :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 10/01/17 at 1:20 am

It's just so funny to me to read people talk about how horrible the 2010's are while praising the vapid and trashy 00's. No matter how old they get, the 00's (sans 2000-2002) will always seem like a bad time in pop culture. Maybe I'm just at the age where I hate everything after year XXXX. ;)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/01/17 at 1:27 am

It's just so funny to me to read people talk about how horrible the 2010's are while praising the vapid and trashy 00's. No matter how old they get, the 00's (sans 2000-2002) will always seem like a bad time in pop culture. Maybe I'm just at the age where I hate everything after year XXXX. ;)

I agree! The 2000s were pretty trashy, I still like them a lot however  :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/01/17 at 3:10 am

I agree! The 2000s were pretty trashy, I still like them a lot however  :P

Well, I loved growing up in the 2000s (with its flaws and all). However, I don't let my nostalgia from that time overwhelm me or my life.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/17 at 7:21 am

I definitely agree with you on that. That needs to stop :-X.

I agree too as well.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/01/17 at 7:51 am

Generally speaking, when it comes to music, i've never really liked the 2000s. It probably doesn't help that I grew up in the crappiest part of the decade for music as well (the Mid 2000's). :P

Written By: Elor on 10/01/17 at 7:51 am

We should also not forget that some people here have mental issues like depression. Depression makes you feel empty and hate that you're alive. That too makes people long for the old times in which they felt better and hate the time they're in. Repeating themselves can be a mechanism of coping with their current problems. I tend to do that (not so much on this board but in general) when I feel the need to talk about problems and how bad I feel. Sometimes just talking/writing about it makes me feel better and since it's an ongoing problem I repeat myself. It might be the same with some other users here. :-\\

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/01/17 at 8:18 am

We should also not forget that some people here have mental issues like depression. Depression makes you feel empty and hate that you're alive. That too makes people long for the old times in which they felt better and hate the time they're in. Repeating themselves can be a mechanism of coping with their current problems. I tend to do that (not so much on this board but in general) when I feel the need to talk about problems and how bad I feel. Sometimes just talking/writing about it makes me feel better and since it's an ongoing problem I repeat myself. It might be the same with some other users here. :-\\

I can somewhat relate. I've had un-diagnosed depression for at least five years and it has definitely influenced how I perceive pop culture and society in general. Admittedly, when it comes to criticizing this decade, I am one of the biggest offenders. It's not that I do it just for the sake of it. From my perspective, the 2010s represent so many things that i'm not fond of. The fact that there is no variety on the charts, conformity is encouraged (e.g a stupid 5-second video can become viral and receive millions of views) and natural talent goes by the wayside for corporate greed. The issue is only exasperated when I compare the decade to the '90s, which are my favourite decade for pop culture and in many ways, were a complete contrast to the 2010s.

That's why I have a hard time accepting the concern ReignMan has raised, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I don't want inthe00s to be viewed as being miserable and negative, but at the same time, there needs to be a balance of both the good and the bad. You can't just sweep everything under a carpet and pretend that everything is fine with the world. It may not be enjoyable to read pessimistic opinions and viewpoints, but if someone genuinely feels that way about the world around them, you can't deny them the opportunity to share their views, as negative as they may be. That's just how life works.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/01/17 at 9:58 am

I can somewhat relate. I've had un-diagnosed depression for at least five years and it has definitely influenced how I perceive pop culture and society in general. Admittedly, when it comes to criticizing this decade, I am one of the biggest offenders. It's not that I do it just for the sake of it. From my perspective, the 2010s represent so many things that i'm not fond of. The fact that there is no variety on the charts, conformity is encouraged (e.g a stupid 5-second video can become viral and receive millions of views) and natural talent goes by the wayside for corporate greed. The issue is only exasperated when I compare the decade to the '90s, which are my favourite decade for pop culture and in many ways, were a complete contrast to the 2010s.

That's why I have a hard time accepting the concern ReignMan has raised, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I don't want inthe00s to be viewed as being miserable and negative, but at the same time, there needs to be a balance of both the good and the bad. You can't just sweep everything under a carpet and pretend that everything is fine with the world. It may not be enjoyable to read pessimistic opinions and viewpoints, but if someone genuinely feels that way about the world around them, you can't deny them the opportunity to share their views, as negative as they may be. That's just how life works.

NO ONE has suggested that the negative stuff be "sweeped under the rug".

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/01/17 at 11:33 am

From my perspective, the 2010s represent so many things that I'm not fond of. The fact that there is no variety of the charts, conformity is encouraged (e.g a stupid 5-second video can become viral and receive millions of views) and natural talent goes by the wayside for corporate greed. The issue is only exasperated when I compare the decade to the '90s, which are my favorite decade for pop culture and in many ways, were a complete contrast to the 2010s.

That's how I feel too. I honestly wish this decade would have been better than it is right now, but unfortunately, that didn't turn out to be the case.

It was a more liberal crowd as I remember, mostly Gen Xers and Millennials, and I think they were a bit less cynical about pop culture today. Maybe that's because the Obama years was "our" culture, meaning one we related to more. The attitude of this forum seems very much changed from then.

This is to both of you. As for the point, ReignMan stated, it's true this site has been cynical, however, that wasn't the case until at least sometime last year or the beginning of this year. Except for people's personal issues, the site has been humorous, optimistic and even energizing.
It just how sucks though how there are not many users here compared to even a few years ago.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/01/17 at 2:10 pm

Well your the one who isn't minding their own business. This thread is literally called "My concerns with this site", so I responded to this thread with my concerns and OP agrees, now your having a big rant to me about repeating myself and yet I'm the one not minding my own business! Huh ???, never knew that's how it worked :P.

Anyways come on dude, I don't want to get into an argument. It will kinda be further proving my point lol.
I understand I may have been a bit harsh, but oh well that's just what I think :)

No it don't. Your last post was you basically trying to say we're doomed people. Ok.

I just had to respond. Gotta defend my clan. For guy sensei! Look how fast you got back to me. After my last response to this topic, I logged straight off. I just logged back in and you've already replied hours ago. Constantly using a website is just as bad as constant nostalgia. The OP gets this now.

And by the way, your posts are longer than mind. As I said, what else could have been said about us?

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/01/17 at 2:17 pm

And, nostalgia isn't the only thing I do. I tone, walk, still currently working on my legacy and improving my social life with women. Nostalgia can be motive and a good one.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/17 at 2:37 pm

I don't have depression but I do once in a while like discussing about the old times.

Written By: Elor on 10/01/17 at 2:48 pm

I don't have depression but I do once in a while like discussing about the old times.
I never said everybody here has a depression. Just that some users seem to suffer from them and that that might be the reason for them to hate the current time. ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 10/01/17 at 11:17 pm

Well, I loved growing up in the 2000s (with its flaws and all). However, I don't let my nostalgia from that time overwhelm me or my life.

It's good to look forward and not let nostalgia hold you back from getting the present together! :)

Generally speaking, when it comes to music, i've never really liked the 2000s. It probably doesn't help that I grew up in the crappiest part of the decade for music as well (the Mid 2000's). :P

Speaking of music, you've always stuck me as an 80's-90's kind of guy. ;)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/01/17 at 11:31 pm

Speaking of music, you've always stuck me as an 80's-90's kind of guy. ;)

Haha, I am (especially in regards to the '90s) . :P So whenever you mention that you believe music went downhill after 2002, I agree with you!

I mostly only ever listen to '90s alternative rock. ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/02/17 at 12:15 am

It's good to look forward and not let nostalgia hold you back from getting the present together! :)

I agree 100%.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/12/18 at 8:17 pm

I really relate to ReighMan now. I been trying to search rather if there were any news on my favorite artists and there just isn't any. I recently posted a new topic I thought could have generated interesting discussion but I guess the op wasn't written enough.

Written By: piecesof93 on 12/12/18 at 9:36 pm

Now you're a mod lol

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 12/14/18 at 2:46 pm

Now you're a mod lol

I don't even remember creating this thread lol.

Anyways, this site is lagging behind again.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/18 at 2:47 pm

I don't even remember creating this thread lol.

Anyways, this site is lagging behind again.
We need more impetus, but where can we get it from?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 12/14/18 at 2:51 pm

We need more impetus, but where can we get it from?

More users.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/18 at 2:56 pm

More users.
As it was in it's heyday?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 12/14/18 at 8:24 pm

As it was in it's heyday?

Yes.

Check for new replies or respond here...