inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Absurdity of Celebrity Claims

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 11/02/17 at 4:50 am

I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same way, but doesn't anyone find it absolutely strange how these "Hollywood sex scandals" are all followed up by other accusations shortly after the original one? With the Weinstein scandal, several other women have now reportedly come forward and claimed that they were "harassed" or "groped" by the actor. If those accusations are genuine, why not reveal them much earlier? Why wait 20-25 years or so to finally come forward and reveal what 'supposedly' happened. I find it really hard to believe the women who come out with these accusations, because I just think the circumstances which surround them are completely absurd. I suppose you should give them the benefit of the doubt, but it wouldn't surprise me if most of these 'accusations' are just attempts to make money. It's exploitation.

Subject: Re: The Absurdity of Celebrity Claims

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/02/17 at 5:24 am

Because if it happened to them before their careers really took off, speaking up could ensure the end of it for an aspiring actress. Safer to come out years later with it. Powerful people have friends in high places. My theory anyway. I don't doubt some of the claims are just bandwagoning for attention or stretching the truth, but you can't say they're all in on it together just for personal gain and petty revenge. Nobody wants to be the one to speak out until someone else does first is what it boils down to.

Check for new replies or respond here...