inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What would be your perfect life?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 2:58 pm

I've been thinking about what if we could chose how our lives would play out. Obviously, we can't and all of this is just for fun.

However, I really want to know, if you could choose to live your life according to your definition of perfect what would your life be like.

Rules

1. You can't chose to be a celebrity or famous person (living or dead). This is about YOU.
2. You can't make your life be in a utopia (no wars, no crimes, etc) or whatever. Your life would & should still be in our reality.

That's it!

Subject: Re: What would be your perfect life?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 3:06 pm

Black Panther's Perfect Life Scenario

1. I would be 6'2"-6'3".
2. I would still my be athletic and fit self.
3. I would be a Pilot, Aerospace Engineer, or Software Programmer.
4. I would have a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom house.
5. I would own a BMW or Mercedes-Benz.
6. I would have a wife and between 2-4 children.
7. I would be living in the suburbs of NYC or in Southern California.
8. I would attend at least one Super Bowl, NBA Finals and World Series in my lifetime.
9. I would visit every single continent except for Antarctica.
10. Besides English, I would learn and be fluent in Spanish, French, Italian, Amharic, Korean & Arabic.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 04/10/18 at 3:24 pm

1. Owning 2 houses; a summer home in Maine, and a winter home in Costa Rica.

2. Sex with an attractive woman once every month.

3. Have my own personal helicopter plus pilot, and my own personal driver. 

4. Have a personal chef, and a menu that alternates every week;
Sunday = Bavarian or Cajun
Monday = Chinese or Italian
Tuesday = Clam Chowder or Pho
Wednesday = Greek or Moroccan
Thursday = Sushi or Snow Crab
Friday = Indian or Mexican
Saturday = Hot Dog or Burger

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 04/10/18 at 3:24 pm

4. Travel every 6 months, know many languages

5. Have a personal chef, and a menu that alternates every week;

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 3:28 pm

4. Have a personal chef, and a menu that alternates every week;

Woah, that's pretty awesome.

I especially like the alternate menus each day. It would be great to each different foods each day.

Written By: 2001 on 04/10/18 at 3:45 pm

I always wanted a Nobel Prize in Physics, and be like Elon Musk in solving the environmental challenges.  the world faces.  :-\\

I want to live some place warm but I can't think of any country as politically stable and as in tune with me as Canada. I guess I'd live in some fancy oceanside condo in Vancouver because that's as warm as it gets here ;D

Enough money to travel the world!

An intellectually stimulating husband that makes me laugh and laughs at my jokes too :P A scientist too but not in the same field because I don't want to feel inadequate LOL

And 2 or 3 kids that don't give me a hard time haha.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 4:02 pm

I always wanted a Nobel Prize in Physics, and be like Elon Musk in solving the environmental challenges.  the world faces.  :-\\

I want to live some place warm but I can't think of any country as politically stable and as in tune with me as Canada. I guess I'd live in some fancy oceanside condo in Vancouver because that's as warm as it gets here ;D

Enough money to travel the world!

An intellectually stimulating husband that makes me laugh and laughs at my jokes too :P A scientist too but not in the same field because I don't want to feel inadequate LOL

And 2 or 3 kids that don't give me a hard time haha.

That sounds like a great life!

I wouldn't mind living that life either (well, minus the husband part since I'm straight :P).

Written By: Elor on 04/10/18 at 5:19 pm

Well, I would have a nice wife and would probably be a Tornado pilot. I was always into aircraft and the Tornado and F4 Phantom always intrigued me.
However I was never good enough in school to even consider an air force pilot's career and my failing health then sealed that for good. I sometimes hate my life. 8-P 

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/10/18 at 5:29 pm

I won't put to be stuck in a loop of the 2000s since that's like asking for too much. Haha

One of the requirements I'd need for it though, is to have financial stability. Not ridiculously wealthy. Just ok.

It'd be great. That's what I need ultimately.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 5:47 pm

I won't put to be stuck in a loop of the 2000s since that's like asking for too much. Haha

One of the requirements I'd need for it though, is to have financial stability. Not ridiculously wealthy. Just ok.

It'd be great. That's what I need ultimately.

That's very much reasonable.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/18 at 12:37 pm

My perfect life wouldn't be too much different than it is now. I have a wonderful husband, I don't have to worry about where my next meal is coming from or if I can pay my bills-not to mention something left over for the grandkids, trips & such, and I have a beautiful house.

-Things I would change, well, even though I love my house, I wouldn't mind having another guest bedroom or two and a ballroom.  ;D ;D ;D And it would be nice it if would declutter itself.  :D ;D ;D ;D

-I would like to have more vision and be able to drive again.

-Have a kid or two of my own.

Actually, I wish that I had found my power/magic decades before I actually did. I would have been a lot happier sooner.

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/11/18 at 1:28 pm

My perfect life wouldn't be too much different than it is now. I have a wonderful husband, I don't have to worry about where my next meal is coming from or if I can pay my bills-not to mention something left over for the grandkids, trips & such, and I have a beautiful house.

-Things I would change, well, even though I love my house, I wouldn't mind having another guest bedroom or two and a ballroom.  ;D ;D ;D And it would be nice it if would declutter itself.  :D ;D ;D ;D

-I would like to have more vision and be able to drive again.

-Have a kid or two of my own.

Actually, I wish that I had found my power/magic decades before I actually did. I would have been a lot happier sooner.

Cat

Sounds good.

Also, you don't have any kids? I thought that you did :P.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/18 at 1:37 pm

Sounds good.

Also, you don't have any kids? I thought that you did :P.

Nope-I have 4 step-kids and 8 little ones who call me "Grandma."  :)  My heart melts each time I am called that by any of them. After almost 15 years, I'm still not used to being called that-and it never gets old.

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/11/18 at 1:40 pm

Nope-I have 4 step-kids and 8 little ones who call me "Grandma."  :)  My heart melts each time I am called that by any of them. After almost 15 years, I'm still not used to being called that-and it never gets old.

Cat

That's awesome! :)

Written By: Elor on 04/11/18 at 5:34 pm

I don 't want to derail this thread but since you brought up this interesting topic I thought I might ask. How does this power / magic manifest itself? I assume it's not like in Harry Potter.  Are there any measurable effects? While I actually don't believe in the existence of magic I sure could use some in my life... :-[

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/18 at 6:36 pm

I don 't want to derail this thread but since you brought up this interesting topic I thought I might ask. How does this power / magic manifest itself? I assume it's not like in Harry Potter.  Are there any measurable effects? While I actually don't believe in the existence of magic I sure could use some in my life... :-[

I'm not really too sure how it manifest itself because everyone is different. It is finding the power or strength within you. I don't really know how to describe it. It is knowing that you are a strong person and you don't have to take sh!t and learning how to stand up for yourself.

Here is a thread about my magic.  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=23624.0

I guess it is safe to say that my magic help me to find my power & my strength. But that is MY path. You have to find your own path.

I don't know if that helps or not. But, it may be a good topic for another thread.

Cat

Written By: Elor on 04/12/18 at 4:46 am

Thanks.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/13/18 at 9:14 am

A long  one.

Visitor asks an old Vermont native if he has lived here all his life?

Reply - Not yet

Written By: GH1996 on 04/16/18 at 2:18 am

If you asked me this 1-2 years ago i would've said "living in australia, find a cool aussie wife with the same interests as me, house near the beach and a solid job" & here i am with all of those (for now haha)

but i would've liked to be a professional snowboarder in the late 90's where i grew up (it was one of the birthplaces for freestyle/backcountry snowboarding) where a lot of my childhood heroes where at the time. Have a cool old muscle car (they are incredibly expensive here in australia compared to back home), a nice 60's mid century kinda house with a nice view with a fridge of never ending beer  ;D
To have my own snowboard brand would be cool, i know a few guys who have started up on their own and have really taken off.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/18/18 at 2:56 pm

My perfect life is the one that I'm living right now.  But my dream life involves a very dreamy Canadian-Italian guitar player and me.  I saw him in Markham 2 years ago.  I'm still very much crazy about him only he doesn't know that I'm interested in him yet?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 04/29/18 at 3:46 am

If including past; to have had more family in to cars and racing and race shifterkarts as a kid and whatever else I could. I'd like a better relationships with my half siblings, been a slightly more mature kid and I'd have done different this one thing I always regretted from elementary, even though I didn't actually do it, have it known I'd have never done it, regardless of the promise trade. Take less crap from people.

I'd have finished auto repair at the community college, took welding, and went on to go to UNOH, race professionally, I'd own my own restaurant and/or food truck. Have sole custody of my kids, have a decent size house on a few acres, buy and rent/sell houses. Have my 81 Mustang back. Not live at or above my means.

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/15/18 at 5:56 pm

1. I would have straight hair, a longer jawline and thinner lips.
2. I would feel more comfortable with dressing like it is still 1995 than I do now. I would be able to reconcile the liberal and conservative sides of myself better than I do
3. I would have two cars.
4. I would have a two story, 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom house.
5. I would have a wife and between 4-6 children and be allowed to have a mistress, or be engaged in an ethically non monogamous marriage wherein we all lived together and there was no jealousy or hurt feelings.
7. I would never have lived in the state of New Jersey
8. I would have two hours of home video from the years 1995, 1996, and 1997.
9. I would have access to all family photographs and films made prior to 1990.
10. The current year would be 1982, so I would get to experience the 80s and 90s, and be an older man in these current times.
11. I would still be with my second girlfriend.
12. I would be making 90+k a year.
13. Sierra On-Line would still exist and be the largest video game company on the planet.
14. 2D animation would still be a thing.
15. My dog Jackie, who died in 1997 at the age of 4, would still be alive or at least have lived longer than he did. Poor guy was hit by a car and I am still not over it.

Written By: Wobo on 06/15/18 at 8:48 pm

If school didn't exist.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/26/18 at 5:50 pm

I would be working at an Antique shop in Newport Rhode Island.

I would still have my long hair that went past my backside.

I'd have sweets and pastries everyday.

I woukd have my own recording studio.

Check for new replies or respond here...