inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is it too late to change my name?

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/13/18 at 9:18 pm

I am 27 years old. Since I was 17 or so I have been pretty vocal about disliking my birth name. I have my reasons for disliking it. I never changed due to a lack of familial support and a fear of not being accepted in my choice. But now I have the means to and the desire to do it is burning within me. But am I too old?

Subject: Re: Is it too late to change my name?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/13/18 at 9:25 pm

No. I don't think it's too late. Just look at Ocho-Cinco, an NFL player who changed his last name several years ago.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/13/18 at 9:44 pm

No but it depends on how much you're willing to change your name on all your documents.

Written By: 2001 on 06/13/18 at 10:36 pm

Why would you be too old? Didn't know there was an age to be attaching to that. Do what you want!

Written By: Howard on 06/14/18 at 5:36 am

Do what you want but whatever name you want to change to, this will be with you for the rest of your life.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/18 at 10:20 am

You can change your name any time you want. Unless you change your name due to marriage, you have to present your case in front of a judge. I'm not too sure all the ins and outs but this is a good start.

https://family.findlaw.com/marriage/how-to-legally-change-your-name.html

I changed my last name twice-each time I got married. But, I have to tell you that it is a pain in the ass to change it. You have to change your Social Security information, all your credit cards, your bank accounts, EVERYTHING that is in your name. Because of that, I didn't change my name back to maiden name after my first marriage ended. Too much hassle.

Cat

Written By: 90s Guy on 06/15/18 at 5:22 pm

Why would you be too old? Didn't know there was an age to be attaching to that. Do what you want!

It's that I've spent nearly 30 years with the same first name. It's a part of my identity as such. I have very mixed feelings on it. I thank everyone in the thread for their words of support.

Check for new replies or respond here...