inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is straightening my hair a bad idea?

Written By: 90s Guy on 07/04/18 at 10:33 pm

I have been growing my hair for a year. I have curly hair that has been compared to Jon Snow. But that's a problem because its so curly it looks much shorter than it is and some parts still flip up out of curlines. I want long hair and I think it might look better straightened. But will doing so hurt the growing process or cause a great deal of damage or split ends?

Subject: Re: Is straightening my hair a bad idea?

Written By: meesa on 07/04/18 at 11:08 pm

I have been growing my hair for a year. I have curly hair that has been compared to Jon Snow. But that's a problem because its so curly it looks much shorter than it is and some parts still flip up out of curlines. I want long hair and I think it might look better straightened. But will doing so hurt the growing process or cause a great deal of damage or split ends?

It depends- are you meaning to have it chemically straightened or to use a straightening iron, or product?

Written By: 90s Guy on 07/05/18 at 9:31 am

Which would be better?

Written By: 2001 on 07/05/18 at 9:48 am

Straightening your hair with an iron is safe, and you can go back to curly when you feel like it.

Written By: meesa on 07/06/18 at 12:46 am

Straightening your hair with an iron is safe, and you can go back to curly when you feel like it.

This.
If you chemically straighten your hair you risk two things: Not liking it and being stuck with it until it grows out and also the chemicals are not at all good for your hair and will cause split ends and damage.

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/06/18 at 2:18 am

This.
If you chemically straighten your hair you risk two things: Not liking it and being stuck with it until it grows out and also the chemicals are not at all good for your hair and will cause split ends and damage.

if you use an iron too much, same thing will happen.

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/06/18 at 3:33 pm

Heat damage every day will take a toll. You can use protective serums and creams like coconut oil to help protect it.

Written By: meesa on 07/06/18 at 6:28 pm

if you use an iron too much, same thing will happen.

Yes, like anything else, but if you use certain products you can fend it off.

Check for new replies or respond here...