inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are there relatives who died before you were born that you wish you had met?

Written By: 90s Guy on 07/04/18 at 11:10 pm

Do you have any relatives who died before you were born who you wish you had met?

Myself:

My grandfather (mom's dad) - my hero, WWII hero, died 15 years before I was born (he died in 75)
Great Grandmother - Dad's grandma. A sweet woman who looked like an Italian Eleanor Roosevelt. Very loving and kind. Died in 82, 8 years before I arrived

Subject: Re: Are there relatives who died before you were born that you wish you had met?

Written By: Wobo on 07/04/18 at 11:12 pm

My mothers uncle i guess idk.

Subject: Re: Are there relatives who died before you were born that you wish you had met?

Written By: nally on 07/04/18 at 11:15 pm

I can think of two:

My great-grandfather on my maternal grandma's side. (That is, my mom's mom's dad.) He was a well-liked guy, knew a lot about farming, but passed away in April of 1976 at age 84. (Half a year before my parents' wedding.)
A great-uncle who was the brother of my maternal grandma. He sadly passed away in 1966 at the age of 41 (both of his parents were alive at the time of their son's death, which made it sadder), but I'm sure he had some great qualities. I know that my mom remembers him well. (He was the father of my mom's cousin who now lives in the Seattle area.)

Written By: 90s Guy on 07/04/18 at 11:38 pm

What saddens me is when ancestors die, especially ones who saw major events, that memory, unless recorded, dies with them, their personal slice on it. It goes from being living memory to history. I would love to have heard my grandpa's take on WWII, Hitler, the 50s, 60s, 70s...His generation saw a lot of social change and I wish I could've heard his views.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/18 at 7:47 am

I wish I had met My great Grandfather Harry Starr who was My Father's Father, he passed a year before I was born in 1973. :\'(

Written By: 2001 on 07/05/18 at 9:51 am

My grandad (dad's dad) and I think 2 or 3 of my mom's siblings who passed away in their childhood/teens (she grew up in a 3rd world country  :-X).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/18 at 12:29 pm

Yes-ALL of them.

Even though I have met them I would love to talk to my great-grandfather & great-grandmother. I was very young when they died but I have so many questions that I would love to ask them.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/06/18 at 10:17 am

Sure, all of them, but especially the fore mother from whom I  got my native American genes.  She is at least  6 generations ago (1770's) and possibly many more  I have no idea about her story

Check for new replies or respond here...