inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: More sad news from my family

Written By: Henk on 07/23/18 at 1:26 pm

Barely four months after the loss of my father, we've also had to say goodbye to his younger brother today. :\'(

My uncle died at the age of 82. He had been diagnosed with cancer (of the prostate and liver) some 5 weeks ago, but the disease had already spread beyond recovery. In addition, he had caught pneumonia. I'm not sure which of these caused his death in the end.
As far as I know, he passed away peacefully in his sleep last night in his hometown Dokkum, where he lived for all of his life.
My uncle was the last of three siblings on my father's side. He was a bachelor for all of his life, and had no children. With his passing, virtually the whole generation before me has died out now (my mother and her siblings all died before 2008). There's only one aunt still living (the widow of my mother's brother), but she is suffering from severe dementia.

Memorial service and funeral are scheduled for next Monday. He will be buried alongside his parents (my grandparents) in the hamlet of Wetsens.

Subject: Re: More sad news from my family

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/23/18 at 1:59 pm

Barely four months after the loss of my father, we've also had to say goodbye to his younger brother today. :\'(

My uncle died at the age of 82. He had been diagnosed with cancer (of the prostate and liver) some 5 weeks ago, but the disease had already spread beyond recovery. In addition, he had caught pneumonia. I'm not sure which of these caused his death in the end.
As far as I know, he passed away peacefully in his sleep last night in his hometown Dokkum, where he lived for all of his life.
My uncle was the last of three siblings on my father's side. He was a bachelor for all of his life, and had no children. With his passing, virtually the whole generation before me has died out now (my mother and her siblings all died before 2008). There's only one aunt still living (the widow of my mother's brother), but she is suffering from severe dementia.

Memorial service and funeral are scheduled for next Monday. He will be buried alongside his parents (my grandparents) in the hamlet of Wetsens.

I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/23/18 at 2:20 pm

Sorry to hear of your uncle's passing, Henk. My condolences. :\'( :\'(

Subject: More sad news from my family

Written By: Dude111 on 07/23/18 at 2:21 pm

I am so sorry for your losses :(

Written By: karen on 07/24/18 at 4:38 am

Sending you a virtual hug Henk.  Sorry for your loss

Written By: Howard on 07/24/18 at 8:18 am

Sorry for your loss of your uncle, Henk.  :\'(

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 07/24/18 at 8:32 am

I'm sorry for your loss, Henk

Written By: Henk on 07/24/18 at 3:52 pm

Thanks everyone for your support.

My uncle was hit very hard by the death of my father. It became evident to us that he really didn't see much point in living on, with no next of kin or spouse. We last visited him on May 19, when he was still living in his own small terraced house. Our visit cheered him up somewhat. Little did we know that he would be hospitalized only hours later. He spent the last two months in and out of hospital and care centers, but he never returned to his own house.
We now don't have any reason left to visit the town of Dokkum, or that part of the country in general, with no family or friends living there. I fear we won't be visiting my uncle's grave much either... Sad, when you think of it. :(

Written By: violet_shy on 07/24/18 at 4:24 pm

I am deeply sorry for the loss of your family members, Henk. Keeping you in my prayers.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/24/18 at 4:46 pm

May he RIP

Written By: annimal on 07/24/18 at 5:26 pm

let him rip

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/18 at 5:47 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences and may he rest in peace.  :\'(

Written By: meesa on 07/24/18 at 7:19 pm

Please accept my condolences, I am so sorry Henk.

Written By: Elor on 07/27/18 at 11:20 am

I'm sorry for your loss Henk. Losing family is always hard. :\'(

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/29/18 at 10:03 am

Belated condolences Henk, So sorry

Check for new replies or respond here...