inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The best Documentaries you have seen

Written By: meesa on 08/18/18 at 11:06 am

I frequently watch documentaries. Sometimes they are disappointing but more often they are really good food for thought and a few I have found to be excellent.

One of my favorites is The Civil War (PBS, Ken Burns). It is by no means new but one that stands the test of time.

What are the best documentaries that you have seen, and recommend others see?

Subject: Re: The best Documentaries you have seen

Written By: Wobo on 08/18/18 at 11:12 am

Nature and WW2 documentaries.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/18/18 at 11:53 am

The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara (2003).

Fascinating documentary featuring Robert McNamara, who was Secretary of Defense during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. Directed by Errol Morris.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/18 at 2:20 pm

I frequently watch documentaries. Sometimes they are disappointing but more often they are really good food for thought and a few I have found to be excellent.

One of my favorites is The Civil War (PBS, Ken Burns). It is by no means new but one that stands the test of time.

What are the best documentaries that you have seen, and recommend others see?

I have never seen The Civil War but I have seen Ken Burns' The Roosevelts & the Dust Bowl-both are really good. The Dust Bowl was really incredible.

Cat

Subject: The best Documentaries you have seen

Written By: Dude111 on 08/18/18 at 2:37 pm

"Naked States" was probably one of the BEST I have seen.....

Made me proud of people not being afraid to show themselves bare in front of a camera..(Most have been brainwashed against it)

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/22/18 at 10:18 am

In his book called Who Owns History Eric Phoner took Ken Burns "Civil War" to task for its lack of context (ie causes etc) and failure to focus enough on Reconstruction and misleading comments about it.  An interesting essay but I can't judge having not seen the film

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/23/20 at 11:42 am

My favorite is also one I've seen on PBS several times.  "Alone In The Wilderness"

Check for new replies or respond here...