inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The negativity thread

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/16/18 at 12:07 pm

Post something negative here... Something bad that happened to you, something bad you wanna say about someone or just plain sad thoughts!

I can't seem to make my PS1 work for some reason, and I'm very frustrated about it.

Subject: Re: The negativity thread

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/16/18 at 12:16 pm

Isn't this basically identical to the sound off/vent tent/rants are us category?    ???

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/16/18 at 12:17 pm

Isn't this basically identical to the sound off/vent tent/rants are us category?    ???

Whoops. Sorry.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/16/18 at 12:52 pm

Nah. The Vents thread turned into a therapy session. This thread is badass.
Whoops. Sorry.

Your good.

I hate my sister. She expects everyone associated to help with my disabled niece as if I don't already have my own struggles. There are times when I literally can't even leave the ** house, throwing small extra ** on me like picking up shipped supplies in front her door as pretty days pass me up. She even displays fake love and freak out when something goes wrong, which I have to take heat for because she brings monthly allowance. She couldn't learned from the first child she lost and still passed the sheesh down. Its bs. Plus, she's a control freak. Sick of this **

Date better guys or get the f out.

Written By: Howard on 10/16/18 at 3:11 pm

The Sony Entertainment Network won't sign me in, I may need a new password to reset it.

Written By: 2001 on 10/16/18 at 8:42 pm

Nah. The Vents thread turned into a therapy session. This thread is badass.

That is true. Sometimes you want to vent without receiving a reply. Just write a lot of vitriol and forget you ever wrote that again ;D

Yesterday I missed two busses and then had to walk 25 minutes to the bus stop, all in the rain. I was wearing my nice boots too, and had to walk through a muddy and wet construction site. It's a miracle my boots came out unscathed! I was having an internal meltdown during the entire walk. I really hate being late. My hair was also ruined because I didn't bother bringing my umbrella (my plan was to not wait too long for the bus) and put on my jacket's hoodie instead. It was the most useless hoodie ever, the rain got all over my face. My hair might have not been ruined by the rain but it was ruined by being compressed by the hoodie. UGH. I was dressed so nice that day too, but looked like a mess in the end.  :-\\

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/16/18 at 8:53 pm

That is true. Sometimes you want to vent without receiving a reply. Just write a lot of vitriol and forget you ever wrote that again ;D

I wasn't calling you out though. Your responses are exceptional.

Written By: annimal on 10/16/18 at 9:25 pm

sometimes you just need to get your feelings out of you,  I know that I cant begin to look at anything properly if I'm full of negativity from others and or things.

Written By: 2001 on 10/18/18 at 7:21 am

Nooooooooo it snowed last night  :\'(

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/18/18 at 10:41 am

Lucky!!

Written By: 2001 on 10/18/18 at 10:53 am

Lucky!!

TBH I am kind of lucky because I'm not at my home town right now (where it snowed). I slept at a hotel in downtown Toronto for the night (where it didn't snow).  8) But that's for the positivity thread

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/18/18 at 12:19 pm

TBH I am kind of lucky because I'm not at my home town right now (where it snowed). I slept at a hotel in downtown Toronto for the night (where it didn't snow).  8) But that's for the positivity thread

I love snow so I wanna be wherever it's snowing :) 

Written By: annimal on 10/18/18 at 8:16 pm

My body has been freezing. It's suppose to be 71 but how can it be if there's no sun  idiots

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/18/18 at 9:39 pm

I have literally no potential to get a girlfriend. I don't know how to communicate with them while avoiding coming off too strong.

Written By: Howard on 10/19/18 at 7:30 am

How much did it snow?

Written By: 2001 on 10/19/18 at 8:10 am

How much did it snow?

2 cm or just under an inch. It's melted now.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/19/18 at 12:08 pm

I have literally no potential to get a girlfriend. I don't know how to communicate with them while avoiding coming off too strong.

You want some advice? I am not being facetious or snarky or anything but LEARN TO DANCE! You don't have to be a Baryshnikov but just learn a few steps-like how to waltz which is a VERY easy dance to learn. If you can count to three, you can waltz. Many women love to have a guy literally sweep them off their feet. The tango is also a great dance to learn. Also, if you do take a dance class-there may be women there who are available.

Cat 

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/20/18 at 9:48 pm

I honestly dislike my hair groomed because it personally messes with my Mohawk. After awhile, my Mohawk looks messy in a badass way and brilliant.

Written By: annimal on 10/21/18 at 11:42 am

think I'd like a Mohawk.  I don't have enough hair for a pony tail any way.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/22/18 at 10:10 am

think I'd like a Mohawk.  I don't have enough hair for a pony tail any way.

Why not an Apache?

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/22/18 at 10:14 am

cANNIBALISM!

Written By: annimal on 10/22/18 at 11:38 am

I'm not hungry

Written By: Elor on 10/22/18 at 1:27 pm

cANNIBALISM!
But she's an animal... How can that be cannibalism? ??? :D

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/22/18 at 1:33 pm

hALLOWEEN!

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/22/18 at 2:26 pm

I'm just frustrated lately because as we all know, it's Halloween season, a holiday tailor made for me and I haven't been able to celebrate it in years because of the way my schedule is. Tonight I planned on going to a haunted house attraction with a friend, but now learned it opens later in the week and is closed tonight. I just want to do one thing this year even if I can't celebrate the actual day!

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/22/18 at 2:36 pm

I'm just frustrated lately because as we all know, it's Halloween season, a holiday tailor made for me and I haven't been able to celebrate it in years because of the way my schedule is. Tonight I planned on going to a haunted house attraction with a friend, but now learned it opens later in the week and is closed tonight. I just want to do one thing this year even if I can't celebrate the actual day!

i SAy, change the date of Halloween to octember 30th and celebrate it!  Maybe go to a football game or even apple cideer?

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/23/18 at 9:45 pm

But she's an animal... How can that be cannibalism? ??? :D

It's a dog-eat-dog world.

Written By: annimal on 10/23/18 at 11:05 pm

I don't eat dogs

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/24/18 at 12:33 pm

I don't eat dogs

You don't eat hot dogs?

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/24/18 at 12:34 pm

I don't eat dogs

You don't eat hot dogs?

Cat
Hopefully not sausage dogs?

Written By: annimal on 10/24/18 at 1:54 pm

haven't touched a hot dog in I don't know how long.  Sausage starts to make me feel sick so I stay far from that too

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/24/18 at 2:15 pm

As a kid, I hated hot dogs. Growing up in New York, I was taught that you put mustard on hot dogs. As I got older, I realized that it wasn't the hot dogs I hated but the mustard. I now put ketchup on them and I like them. I still HATE mustard.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/24/18 at 2:18 pm

I never have hot dogs now, you just do not know what meat could inside them.

Written By: Howard on 10/24/18 at 3:30 pm

You don't eat hot dogs?

Cat

I love hot dogs.

Written By: 2001 on 10/27/18 at 4:10 pm

It is the third day of snow this October. It's crazy! Tomorrow will be the fourth. Usually we are unfortunate to get one, and it is usually on the last day of October on Halloween to add to the horror :o

Written By: Howard on 10/27/18 at 4:11 pm

It is the third day of snow this October. It's crazy! Tomorrow will be the fourth. Usually we are unfortunate to get one. :o

How many inches of snow?

Written By: 2001 on 10/27/18 at 4:14 pm

How many inches of snow?

Not much, about 2 cm (just under one inch) but it did manage to stick to the ground for a bit.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/29/18 at 10:39 am

It snows here.

Written By: 2001 on 10/29/18 at 12:00 pm

My co-worker's newborn baby is really sick in hospital and I'm really sad for him :\'(

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/29/18 at 12:20 pm

My co-worker's newborn baby is really sick in hospital and I'm really sad for him :\'(

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon.

I don't know if this sounds appropriate to say, but if he doesn't survive the illness, just know that he is no longer in pain and in a better place.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/18 at 3:19 pm

I hope the baby gets better soon.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/30/18 at 10:34 am

I don't know if this sounds appropriate to say, but if he doesn't survive the illness, just know that he is no longer in pain and in a better place.

What better place?

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/30/18 at 10:35 am

What better place?

I'd like to know the answer to that question as well.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/30/18 at 4:16 pm

What better place?

Heaven.

I'm a Christian, and I really hope that what I said was not controversial.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/31/18 at 4:22 am

Heaven.

I'm a Christian, and I really hope that what I said was not controversial.

It wasn't controversial. They just decided to be pests by pretending to be comedians.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/31/18 at 6:06 am

It wasn't controversial. They just decided to be pests by pretending to be comedians.

I wasn't being a past.  :\'(

Written By: 2001 on 10/31/18 at 1:20 pm

I hope the baby gets better soon.

He is out of hospital now. :)

The baby was dehydrated because his mom's breast milk didn't have enough nutrients, or something to that effect. He is safe to go home now but he is being fed through IV.

edit: I should have posted this in the positivity thread.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/18 at 1:22 pm

He is out of hospital now. :)

The baby was dehydrated because his mom's breast milk didn't have enough nutrients, or something to that effect. He is safe to go home now but he is being fed through IV.
That is good hear the little is at home now, I wish well to all.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/16/18 at 9:36 pm

Honestly, I want the world to end.

Written By: annimal on 11/16/18 at 9:55 pm

like tear it down and start again?  I know I've been there thousands of times

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 11/27/18 at 12:02 pm

BREAKING: Spongebob creator Stephen Hillenburg dies at age 57.

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/27/18 at 1:43 pm

Something's happening.  I can feel it.  My libido is telling me.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/27/18 at 3:21 pm

In other news

"It's raining so I can't go to the gym" is not a good excuse. >:(  Drop the cheetos, Diane.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/27/18 at 8:43 pm

Money can! buy happiness. If you say otherwise, your one dimensional if not a perfect wannabe.

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/28/18 at 12:02 pm

In other news

"It's raining so I can't go to the gym" is not a good excuse. >:(  Drop the cheetos, Diane.

OMG

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/18 at 11:27 am

In other news

Exercise can still be done at home.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/05/18 at 10:20 am

Who wants to join my NoHopers group?

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/05/18 at 10:21 am

Who wants to join my NoHopers group?

me me me me me me me mem emememememeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Written By: annimal on 12/05/18 at 10:33 am

not you I guess

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/07/18 at 7:44 pm

I feel extremely depressed because I almost got an expected video game I been anticipating. I declined it because I feel better about it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/28/18 at 4:11 pm

If you see stress, eat fast food.

Written By: annimal on 12/29/18 at 12:14 pm

why would I want to do that?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/29/18 at 12:36 pm

Is seeing stress the same as feeling stress?

Written By: Howard on 12/29/18 at 2:17 pm

not all the time.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/29/18 at 5:44 pm

Is seeing stress the same as feeling stress?

Yeah.

not all the time.

If you can't obtain sex, yes, all the time.

Written By: annimal on 12/29/18 at 5:51 pm

Excuse me, I need to see who's calling me on my phone

Written By: annimal on 12/30/18 at 10:10 am

slug o
sicker then anything else
Try to be nice to you  you touch myself

Written By: Elor on 01/01/19 at 10:24 am

I always get melancholic on holidays. I don't know why. But on New Year's eve I always contemplate how my life went wrong on so many levels and what could have been if I had not become sick... Ah, well. It'll pass eventually....  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/19 at 12:37 pm

I always get melancholic on holidays. I don't know why. But on New Year's eve I always contemplate how my life went wrong on so many levels and what could have been if I had not become sick... Ah, well. It'll pass eventually....  :-\\

It is not uncommon to have the "holiday blues." I get them all the time. Part of it could be SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Sunlight gives us serotonin which boosts moods. When the days get shorter, that means we have less exposure to serotonin.

https://www.healthline.com/health/depression/benefits-sunlight

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20021205/unraveling-suns-role-in-depression

Cat

Written By: Elor on 01/01/19 at 12:55 pm

Yep, it's been overcast and rainy here for several weeks now and it probably didn't help either that I worked in a building without windows for the last 4 months. ::)

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/10/19 at 8:59 pm

I feel like I lost my taste for anything in repeat. I saw a girl exceptionally of my epitome but I didn't know if I really wanted to approach. I got lost and couldn't decide.

Written By: 2001 on 01/23/19 at 7:27 am

Am I weird? I found a couple of dead mice including babies in my garage, and I feel so sad, almost crying. They probably died from the cold or starvation. :\'(

Written By: Elor on 01/23/19 at 9:30 am

Am I weird? I found a couple of dead mice including babies in my garage, and I feel so sad, almost crying. They probably died from the cold or starvation. :\'(
I know that feeling. :-X

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/19 at 1:17 pm

Not weird at all. It shows that you have compassion-which I think is a good trait to have.

When my cats find a mouse in our house, I try to catch it so I can put it outside. I don't want to kill them-I just want them to leave my house alone.

What is weird when we go fishing and if I catch a small fish (that swallows the hook) I apologize to the fish when I try to pull the hook out so I can throw it back in the water. 

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/23/19 at 1:37 pm

Not weird at all. It shows that you have compassion-which I think is a good trait to have.

I, too, have compassion about things like that. I don't like to see aniimals die like that, even if they are a pest. I guess I just want them to leave me alone if they are bothering me.

When my cats find a mouse in our house, I try to catch it so I can put it outside. I don't want to kill them-I just want them to leave my house alone.

What is weird when we go fishing and if I catch a small fish (that swallows the hook) I apologize to the fish when I try to pull the hook out so I can throw it back in the water. 

Cat

I feel the same way about mice and other critters that might lurk like that. However, one time in October of 1999 I was awakened by a mouse in the house (in which we used to live), so we set up mousetraps to get rid of it and any subsequent mice that might have been lurking. It was the only way we could get rid of them; we even had to get a company to "mouseproof" the house. If only there had been some way to rid them without killing them (that we knew of... such as trapping them somehow and putting them far outside), then we would have chosen that method.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/19 at 2:36 pm

I, too, have compassion about things like that. I don't like to see aniimals die like that, even if they are a pest. I guess I just want them to leave me alone if they are bothering me.

I feel the same way about mice and other critters that might lurk like that. However, one time in October of 1999 I was awakened by a mouse in the house (in which we used to live), so we set up mousetraps to get rid of it and any subsequent mice that might have been lurking. It was the only way we could get rid of them; we even had to get a company to "mouseproof" the house. If only there had been some way to rid them without killing them (that we knew of... such as trapping them somehow and putting them far outside), then we would have chosen that method.

We used those electronic "mouse-b-gone" thingies. You plug them in and don't have to worry. They work for us. Haven't seen a mouse since.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/23/19 at 2:55 pm

Were you attached to them? :(

Written By: Howard on 01/23/19 at 3:00 pm

We used those electronic "mouse-b-gone" thingies. You plug them in and don't have to worry. They work for us. Haven't seen a mouse since.

Cat

Cat, just a couple of months ago, We had this one mouse that every time someone in our family would turn on the light in the kitchen the mouse would scatter from under the oven to under the dishwasher and vice versa. Our Family bought this sticky mouse trap that when they are caught they would be stuck on the trap and die suffering from rigor mortis, that's what happened when I turned on the light one morning and found a dead mouse and eventually I threw it out deep in the garbage.

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/23/19 at 3:01 pm

I'd cry too.  My love for animals is very strong and that would make me so sad.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/19 at 3:28 pm

Cat, just a couple of months ago, We had this one mouse that every time someone in our family would turn on the light in the kitchen the mouse would scatter from under the oven to under the dishwasher and vice versa. Our Family bought this sticky mouse trap that when they are caught they would be stuck on the trap and die suffering from rigor mortis, that's what happened when I turned on the light one morning and found a dead mouse and eventually I threw it out deep in the garbage.

Those sticky traps are awful. Talk about causing the poor little mousies pain & suffering. Please don't use those. The snap traps are more humane-but I prefer the electronic thingy. They are not killed, they just stay away.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/23/19 at 5:39 pm

Cat

Thanks. O0 You know, come to think of it, I might have recently seen something like that (or a similar nature) on QVC or HSN. I'm not sure if they existed 20 years ago or not, but if they had (and we'd known about it), we could've invested in it when our old home was "haunted" a week before Halloween.

Those sticky traps are awful. Talk about causing the poor little mousies pain & suffering. Please don't use those. The snap traps are more humane-but I prefer the electronic thingy. They are not killed, they just stay away.

Cat

You're so right about the sticky traps. :P In retrospect I wished we hadn't invested in those, but we didn't have much of a choice (as I seem to remember). If we ever have a mouse infestation (which I hope we don't) then we'll see about the electronic gadget.

Written By: Elor on 01/23/19 at 11:54 pm

Are live catch traps unheard of in the US? :o
Over here one can buy those and catch the mice alive. Then just get them away from your house (preferably far away) and release them. :)
I'm surprised no one here seems to have heard of those. ???

Written By: Howard on 01/24/19 at 5:43 am

Cat

This was the first we saw a mouse in our kitchen and we were a bit scared, sometimes we used to get ants in the kitchen but dealing with mice is something different. What would you bate the traps with? ???

Written By: floppy on 01/24/19 at 9:13 am

my dad would catch a mouse on a glue trap and step on it

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/24/19 at 10:18 am

Over here one can buy those and catch the mice alive. Then just get them away from your house (preferably far away) and release them. :)

Yes, they are available and effective

Written By: karen on 01/24/19 at 11:05 am

Just what I was wondering.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/24/19 at 12:44 pm

Another thing I remember hearing about and I can't vouch whether it works or not but Bounce dryer sheets. I guess the mice don't like the smell and will keep away. I also heard that using peppermint oil on a cotton ball also works. I tried that but my Elvira acted like she was on catnip. I THEN found out that peppermint oil is toxic to cats.  :o :o :o So, I wouldn't recommend it if you have pets.

This was the first we saw a mouse in our kitchen and we were a bit scared, sometimes we used to get ants in the kitchen but dealing with mice is something different. What would you bate the traps with? ???

Get those electronic thingies. You don't have to worry about bait or disposing of them. It just keeps them away.

Yup, I have seen them-step-son used them. We were visiting with him once and he had them on the counter. He then jumped and told me that a mouse just ran into the trap. Didn't see it at all.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/24/19 at 10:28 pm

I'm sure there are some... and after reading the replies after this one, I found out that they are.

I was thinking of something of that nature... and getting rid of said critters that way. (That is, if I should ever experience the problem again.)

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/26/19 at 11:13 am

This thread went from meaningful updates into a therapy social thread. I predicted this sh!t.

I will always have a warm spot for the women that exceeded my expectations. To all the empathetic women out there, you know who you are. To all of you cold hearted poor defaults who leave you curve balled can ****, if not the individuals in general.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/27/19 at 10:25 am

This thread went from meaningful updates into a therapy social thread. I predicted this sh!t.

I will always have a warm spot for the women that exceeded my expectations. To all the empathetic women out there, you know who you are. To all of you cold hearted poor defaults who leave you curve balled can ****, if not the individuals in general.

You certainly sound like a totally self centered SOB

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/27/19 at 11:00 am

You certainly sound like a totally self centered SOB

You can play hero all you want bud, but its completely the opposite.

Written By: floppy on 01/27/19 at 3:15 pm

SO FRICKING PISSED GONNA START THROWING HANDS IRL

Written By: 2001 on 01/27/19 at 3:25 pm

Make sure to pick up your hands after you are done.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/27/19 at 3:35 pm

Wait....why is there a negativity thread? We are supposed to be POSITIVE at all times! Never look back, never surrender, never give in....I talk too much haha ;D ;D bla bla bla.

It's true though. There shouldn't be one. Stay positive!!

Written By: annimal on 01/27/19 at 5:51 pm

bad can bring good though.  I prefer the venting thread though myself

Written By: Howard on 01/28/19 at 5:29 am

What are you pissed about?

Written By: annimal on 01/28/19 at 9:41 pm

wonder if it has something to do with the bathroom

Written By: floppy on 01/29/19 at 9:10 am

i forgot why i was mad

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/29/19 at 2:07 pm

i forgot why i was mad

;D Must not have been that big a deal!

Written By: wsmith4 on 01/29/19 at 2:27 pm

Today has been such a good day!  :)

Written By: annimal on 01/29/19 at 8:31 pm

that's great to hear

Written By: 2001 on 01/29/19 at 9:25 pm

Today has been such a good day!  :)

It's okay, maybe tomorrow will be worse. 🙃

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/05/19 at 2:50 pm

I can't believe I exist. I came out the whom deceased. I should have stayed deceased.

Written By: 2001 on 02/05/19 at 5:47 pm

I can't believe I exist. I came out the whom deceased. I should have stayed deceased.

C'mon Kev, "what is dead will never die."

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/06/19 at 9:14 am

I wish I was dead too.

Written By: 2001 on 02/07/19 at 9:05 pm

I wish I was dead too.

I wish I was #dead, which is different than dead.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/08/19 at 1:16 pm

I left two purchases in the store I just realized I forgot. I ain't going back for them. Haha A cute girl I kind of know was the cashier, I already stated to its embarrassing she knows what I eat. Hahaha I don't need it.

I feel badass asf now.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/14/19 at 9:56 pm

I just failed to drink as much as possible with bros. Instances like this make me want to kill my existence.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/15/19 at 9:55 am

I left two purchases in the store I just realized I forgot. I ain't going back for them. Haha A cute girl I kind of know was the cashier, I already stated to its embarrassing she knows what I eat. Hahaha I don't need it.

I feel badass asf now.

How is it embarrassing if people know what you eat? We all eat food. Are you this self conscious over everything?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/15/19 at 10:47 am

How is it embarrassing if people know what you eat? We all eat food. Are you this self conscious over everything?

Maybe some people east embarrassing food.  ;D

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/15/19 at 12:10 pm

Maybe some people east embarrassing food.  ;D

Apparently.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/15/19 at 8:07 pm

This week has been a depressing week for me. I thought it went decent but when I look back to Monday, I'm constantly reminded I'm missing out bigger parts of life.

Written By: Ripley on 03/06/19 at 8:48 am

My heath, my mom’s and grandma’s hasn’t been all that great. And work is a big headache. Also relationships are hard. Grrrr

Written By: Howard on 03/06/19 at 3:10 pm

My heath, my mom’s and grandma’s hasn’t been all that great. And work is a big headache. Also relationships are hard. Grrrr

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/06/19 at 3:12 pm

Please take good care in all you do.

Written By: Musicfanof80s on 03/06/19 at 3:22 pm

I ran out of bill dung  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/06/19 at 3:37 pm

I ran out of bill dung  :\'(

How did you run out of that?

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/22/19 at 8:27 pm

I was in a store line as a lot of kids were wild'n and one ran into my elbow as I was taking my pay card from my pocket. It was a girl and I feel like sh!t for it. Dumbass child, listen to your parent next time and keep still.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/23/19 at 9:50 am

I was in a store line as a lot of kids were wild'n and one ran into my elbow as I was taking my pay card from my pocket. It was a girl and I feel like sh!t for it. Dumbass child, listen to your parent next time and keep still.

You do seem to have a problem with the female gender

Written By: annimal on 03/23/19 at 1:46 pm

what if it was a boy?

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/23/19 at 2:13 pm

You do seem to have a problem with the female gender

I have yet to post in this topic. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=59616.0

If I had a problem with the female gender, I wouldn't have felt like sh!t when the girl ran into my elbow. It felt like some DBZ type sh!t since she ran into it on point.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/30/19 at 11:41 am

I don't like compliments.

This is something I always knew anonymously. Its like I feel overwhelmed and unreal.

Written By: 2001 on 03/30/19 at 11:56 am

This is something I always knew anonymously. Its like I feel overwhelmed and unreal.

Omg same. Growing up my Indian parents told me to turn down compliments or else I'll sound arrogant/won't sound humble. It just doesn't work in a lot of situations and I just get flustered and angry whenever someone compliments me. ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/30/19 at 12:23 pm

Omg same. Growing up my Indian parents told me to turn down compliments or else I'll sound arrogant/won't sound humble. It just doesn't work in a lot of situations and I just get flustered and angry whenever someone compliments me. ;D

From my "free advice" department:

I know it's difficult, but one should learn to graciously accept a compliment. It is FAR better than than turning it down which frequently seems like either 1) false humility or 2) someone with very low self esteem or other such issues. A simple "thank you. how nice of you" or some such makes the giver and the receiver feel good (even if the receiver initially does not feel the comliment is true). Refusing a compliment is highly awkward. Plus, learning to graciously accept compliments, hard though it can be at first, will eventually make one feel more assured about oneself in a genuine (i.e NOT arrogant) way.  Think of it as a nice little technique on the road to a healthy self-esteem. :)

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/30/19 at 1:09 pm

I know it's difficult, but one should learn to graciously accept a compliment. It is FAR better than than turning it down which frequently seems like either 1) false humility or 2) someone with very low self esteem or other such issues. A simple "thank you. how nice of you" or some such makes the giver and the receiver feel good (even if the receiver initially does not feel the comliment is true). Refusing a compliment is highly awkward. Plus, learning to graciously accept compliments, hard though it can be at first, will eventually make one feel more assured about oneself in a genuine (i.e NOT arrogant) way.  Think of it as a nice little technique on the road to a healthy self-esteem. :)

It has nothing to do with low self esteem. We just don't really like compliments because they make us feel a certain unbelievable way that make us feel uncomfortably undecided. We're better off without it, not knowing it.

Written By: 2001 on 03/30/19 at 1:27 pm

I agree with you, which is why compliments are so awkward for me. It feels fake when I turn down compliments sometimes (because it is), and I don't have low self-confidence but am afraid of giving off that vibe when compliments come up. Saying "thanks, that's very kind of you" is already a lot better than simply saying "thanks", which comes off to me as "thanks, ", but even the former can feel icky like that depending on context. It's probably something I have to unlearn.  :-" and basically force me to say thank you. ;D

The worst thing to me is sounding arrogant like Trump. When the South Korean president was asked if he deserved a Nobel Peace Prize for his rapprochement with North Korea, he said "No, I don't deserve it. Trump deserves it more". The Western media mistook his casual Asian humility for his honest opinion, and Trump/Republicans let it get to their heads, and said if the Nobel Comittee doesn't give him a Nobel prize they are biased. I didn't know whether to laugh or facepalm. ;D But seriously, is there a characteristic quality more off-putting than arrogance?  I would rather look like I have low self-confidence.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/19 at 2:05 pm

Why not? I thought taking a compliment was a good thing? ???

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/31/19 at 10:33 am

Why not? I thought taking a compliment was a good thing? ???

Totally agree, Howard

Written By: annimal on 03/31/19 at 2:10 pm

there are times when it's better not to

Written By: Howard on 03/31/19 at 2:12 pm

Totally agree, Howard

A compliment makes you feel good inside and boosts up your spirits.

Written By: nally on 03/31/19 at 6:53 pm

A compliment makes you feel good inside and boosts up your spirits.

Totally! For the most part I completely accept them.

On the other hand, there are some people who can't seem to accept them; maybe it doesn't make them feel quite so good.

I hope yall don't take this the wrong way, but all this talk of non-acceptance of compliments makes me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EuCOhT0Bg8

Written By: 2001 on 03/31/19 at 7:15 pm

oSONAnEUIrg

Written By: annimal on 03/31/19 at 9:24 pm

avoid sausage dogs as much as possible

Written By: annimal on 04/18/19 at 10:22 pm

I hiw someone keeps nodding their head yes but has no sjfhskhkdh idea.

Written By: 2001 on 05/06/19 at 10:53 am

I had a nightmare where my friend sent me a text message saying "Oh, are you Slowpoke on inthe00s and Popedia? It links back to your email. You have so many posts, that's really cool! I didn't know you were into that stuff" My first clue should have been the proper grammar, but I was certain I was dreaming because it was terrifying. I woke up (within the dream), and saw that the text message was still there, so I thought it was for real. I then went frantically deleting all my messages. I'm proud of dream me for writing a script to automate deleting all my messages lmao. I write about things on inthe00s that I wouldn't tell other people unless I've known them for a long time, so it was a really scary dream  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/19 at 1:10 pm

I had a nightmare where my friend sent me a text message saying "Oh, are you Slowpoke on inthe00s and Popedia? It links back to your email. You have so many posts, that's really cool! I didn't know you were into that stuff" My first clue should have been the proper grammar, but I was certain I was dreaming because it was terrifying. I woke up (within the dream), and saw that the text message was still there, so I thought it was for real. I then went frantically deleting all my messages. I'm proud of dream me for writing a script to automate deleting all my messages lmao. I write about things on inthe00s that I wouldn't tell other people unless I've known them for a long time, so it was a really scary dream  ;D

Waking up in a dream (a dream within a dream) means that you become aware-aware of what, that is the question. In this case could be that you are now aware that some of the things you have said here can come back to bite you in the @$$. (I know that all too well because I have had that happen to me-which is why I have learned to be VERY careful as to what I say.)

Cat

Written By: annimal on 05/08/19 at 10:41 pm

cat- how do you know what a dream within a dream is?

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/09/19 at 12:21 pm

Lucid dreaming. I've had more than one of those. It's where during the dream you realize it's just a dream.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/09/19 at 12:27 pm

It is one of my superpowers-dream interpretation.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 05/09/19 at 12:29 pm

Heehee  ;D

Written By: nally on 05/09/19 at 6:09 pm

Lucid dreaming. I've had more than one of those. It's where during the dream you realize it's just a dream.

That might have happened to me on occasion.

Sometimes on certain TV shows, that concept is even illustrated.

Written By: annimal on 05/09/19 at 8:02 pm

don't even say it

Check for new replies or respond here...