inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I have cancer

Written By: violet_shy on 12/16/18 at 9:16 pm

I was told earlier tonight that I have cancer. It is a cancer in the digestive area of my body. I will keep you all up to date if I can find the strength to.

Subject: Re: I have cancer

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/16/18 at 9:33 pm

I was told earlier tonight that I have cancer. It is a cancer in the digestive area of my body. I will keep you all up to date if I can find the strength to.

We all or most of us have it in some way, shape or form. Its the most common threat.

You'll be alright.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/16/18 at 10:15 pm

Jessica, I am so sorry to hear this.  Please keep us up to date.

Written By: Elor on 12/17/18 at 6:58 am

Wow, that's hard news. I hope it will turn out all right in the end. :-\\

Written By: Howard on 12/17/18 at 7:27 am

Jessica, I'm sorry to hear this but please keep us up to date.

Written By: 2001 on 12/17/18 at 9:58 am

Oh no. Hoping you get through this Jessica. You're strong.  :\'(

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/17/18 at 10:17 am

So Sorry to hear this.  Hope it  was caught early.  Keep a positive attitude and DO WHAT YOUR DOCS TELL YOU

Written By: violet_shy on 12/17/18 at 10:32 am

Thank you guys for your well thoughts. My cancer is curable because they found it in time. This is wonderful news for me. Will keep you all posted.

Written By: Elor on 12/17/18 at 11:11 am

That's a relief.

And as Carlos said, do what the docs tell you to do. I know someone who threw his life away because he "didn't feel like taking the cancer treatment medicine" in the quantities the docs wanted him to after things had already gotten under control. https://www.smiliesuche.de/smileys/kopf-gegen-wand/banghead.gif

Written By: nally on 12/17/18 at 12:04 pm

Oh no.. :-
Thank you guys for your well thoughts. My cancer is curable because they found it in time. This is wonderful news for me. Will keep you all posted.

Well that's certainly a relief. Please do.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/17/18 at 1:00 pm

Good to hear. What Carlos didn't tell you that he also HAD cancer. He has been cancer-free for close to 10 years now.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/17/18 at 2:44 pm

That's wonderful news! O0

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/18/18 at 1:42 am

I'm sorry to hear that, that's horrible news! Take all the time you have to to get better!

Written By: Dude111 on 12/18/18 at 9:38 am

I am so sorry Jessie!!!!!!

Im sorry your having such a hard time :(

Written By: violet_shy on 12/18/18 at 6:15 pm

Thanks so much everyone. And Carlos, I'm so happy for you. I will have radiation done starting tomorrow. I'm positive it will go well. They have given me some meds before they begin the radiation treatment.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/18 at 3:36 am

Sorry to here this.

Please take care with it, and follow the medical advice given to you.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/18 at 7:19 am

Thanks so much everyone. And Carlos, I'm so happy for you. I will have radiation done starting tomorrow. I'm positive it will go well. They have given me some meds before they begin the radiation treatment.

Good Luck. :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/19/18 at 10:33 am

I had radiation therapy as well.  5 days/week for about a month.  There were some side effects, but nothing serious.  Hope it goes as well for you  as it did for me

Written By: violet_shy on 12/20/18 at 7:26 pm

I haven't had any side effects from the radiation treatment so far. Thankfully. Two more weeks of this treatment everyone. So far I am doing ok.

Written By: nally on 12/20/18 at 11:54 pm

I haven't had any side effects from the radiation treatment so far. Thankfully. Two more weeks of this treatment everyone. So far I am doing ok.

Good to know; thanks for the updates.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/18 at 7:31 am

good to know you're doing well. :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/20/19 at 10:17 am

Can you give us an update?

Written By: violet_shy on 01/22/19 at 1:02 pm

Ok everyone here's a quick update.

So far I am doing great the radiation therapy has removed my cancer but they want to keep me in a bit longer maybe three more weeks so that they can be sure the cancer doesn't reappear. Thankfully I am doing really well! But sometimes I feel drained.

Written By: Elor on 01/22/19 at 1:51 pm

Good to hear that you're on the way of recovery. :)

Written By: Howard on 01/22/19 at 2:24 pm

So far I am doing great the radiation therapy has removed my cancer but they want to keep me in a bit longer maybe three more weeks so that they can be sure the cancer doesn't reappear. Thankfully I am doing really well! But sometimes I feel drained.

Good to hear you're feeling better.  :)

Written By: nally on 01/22/19 at 6:12 pm

Great news. Seems like a step in the right direction. O0

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/23/19 at 10:20 am

Happy to hear you are doing well.  Feeling drained is normal with radiation, it will pass

Written By: violet_shy on 05/25/19 at 7:59 pm

Today I had to go to the clinic because I'm not feeling well. They took my vitals and everything seems ok, thankfully. I will go in again Monday so they can run further tests on me. Feeling a little better now.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/25/19 at 9:47 pm

Today I had to go to the clinic because I'm not feeling well. They took my vitals and everything seems ok, thankfully. I will go in again Monday so they can run further tests on me. Feeling a little better now.

Glad it wasn't anything serious (at first glance).  Keep us posted!  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 05/25/19 at 11:23 pm

Glad it wasn't anything serious (at first glance).  Keep us posted!  :)

I definitely will!  :)

Written By: Dude111 on 05/26/19 at 7:41 am

Im so sorry Jessie :(

I hope things get better for ya .. We all love ya so much!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/26/19 at 8:53 am

Sorry to hear this news from you.

Even though you have to wait for Monday, you are being medically looked after, with medication etc?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/26/19 at 9:11 am

Im so sorry Jessie :(

I hope things get better for ya .. We al love ya so much!!

You're so sweet! Thank you

Sorry to hear this news from you.

Even though you have to wait for Monday, you are being medically looked after, with medication etc?

Yes. Today is yet another challenging day because I feel so weak. Still going for the treatment/ tests tomorrow.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/26/19 at 9:16 am

Yes. Today is yet another challenging day because I feel so weak. Still going for the treatment/ tests tomorrow.
Please take good care in all you do.

Written By: nally on 05/26/19 at 2:35 pm

Wishing you all the best my friend!

Sorry to hear of this; please take good care. Again, praying everything goes well!

Written By: Howard on 05/26/19 at 2:48 pm

I wish you all the best Jessica. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/26/19 at 2:49 pm

What kind of cancer is this?  ???

Written By: violet_shy on 05/26/19 at 3:00 pm

Thanks so much, everyone. I am feeling less weak this afternoon. Thankfully.

What kind of cancer is this?  ???

Stomach cancer. But the radiation I was given killed all of my stomach polyps. My doctors are concerned about my feeling so weak so tomorrow I will undergo more tests/treatment so they can make sure it's not the cancer again. I'm doing very good but my weakness concerns them.

Written By: Howard on 05/26/19 at 3:08 pm

Thanks so much, everyone. I am feeling less weak this afternoon. Thankfully.

Stomach cancer. But the radiation I was given killed all of my stomach polyps. My doctors are concerned about my feeling so weak so tomorrow I will undergo more tests/treatment so they can make sure it's not the cancer again. I'm doing very good but my weakness concerns them.

Hope you feel better.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/26/19 at 4:50 pm

Jessica, sorry you're having such a hard time.  I pray your strength recovers and that the doctors will have complete skill and knowledge to diagnose and treat you properly.  Mostly I pray there is no more cancer.  Take good care of yourself!

Written By: violet_shy on 05/26/19 at 5:35 pm

Jessica, sorry you're having such a hard time.  I pray your strength recovers and that the doctors will have complete skill and knowledge to diagnose and treat you properly.  Mostly I pray there is no more cancer.  Take good care of yourself!

There isn't, thank God! They just want to be sure. I appreciate everyone's comments so much!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/19 at 1:32 pm

There isn't, thank God! They just want to be sure. I appreciate everyone's comments so much!
O0

Take good care with you medical visit today.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/27/19 at 2:56 pm

I am very much cured! My weakness is due to low potassium levels which they treated me for today. They gave me potassium pills.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/19 at 3:04 pm

I am very much cured! My weakness is due to low potassium levels which they treated me for today. They gave me potassium pills.
Will eating more bananas help, they contain high amounts  of potassium?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/27/19 at 3:12 pm

Will eating more bananas help, they contain high amounts  of potassium?

Yes, and vegetables.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/19 at 3:15 pm

Yes, and vegetables.  :)
Especially potatoes I have heard.

Written By: nally on 05/27/19 at 4:06 pm

Great news; I am pleased to hear of this.

Written By: Howard on 05/28/19 at 3:06 pm

Wonderful! O0 So now you have to change the way you eat?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/28/19 at 3:49 pm

Wonderful! O0 So now you have to change the way you eat?

Yes. More veggies and potassium.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/28/19 at 5:02 pm

Glad to hear it.

Cat

Written By: mqg96 on 05/29/19 at 7:38 am

Any cancer, major sickness, or disease is no joke. I pray that you have a quick recovery from that Jessica. You’ve quickly become one of my favorites on this site who I did not know before a couple years ago.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/29/19 at 8:13 am

Any cancer, major sickness, or disease is no joke. I pray that you have a quick recovery from that Jessica. You’ve quickly become one of my favorites on this site who I did not know before a couple years ago.

That's very sweet! Thank you for your prayers.  :-*

Check for new replies or respond here...