inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What does christmas mean to you??

Written By: Dude111 on 12/21/18 at 2:48 pm

I think we should all be loving and caring and try to be here for each other. This is an aweful world we live in... We dont need anymore hatred and hardache.... What we need is love and compassion.....

People have been mean to me all my life and its hard but I still love and show kindness to people.... I take it as most people are hurting and sad so they have to take that anger out by being mean and the worst thing you can do to them is be mean back,it only makes it worse.....

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Merry christmas everybody.... Peace and love to you all http://i59.tinypic.com/72tuzr.gif

Subject: Re: What does christmas mean to you??

Written By: Howard on 12/22/18 at 7:37 am

Christmas is about peace, love and spending time with friends and family. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/18 at 7:40 am

Agreed!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/18 at 1:31 pm

As one Jew to another, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I owe you karma.

Cat

Written By: Elor on 12/22/18 at 2:06 pm

As one Jew to another, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I owe you karma.

I was under the impression that Jews did not celebrate Christmas. ???

Anyway I'm afraid Christmas has lost it's meaning to me. My family has never been religious so it never had the Christian aspect to me to begin with and the older I got the more I started to see it as a huge commercial thing to generate stupid amounts of money with not much spirituality to it. :-[

Written By: 2001 on 12/22/18 at 2:25 pm

I think we should all be loving and caring and try to be here for each other. This is an aweful world we live in... We dont need anymore hatred and hardache.... What we need is love and compassion.....

People have been mean to me all my life and its hard but I still love and show kindness to people.... I take it as most people are hurting and sad so they have to take that anger out by being mean and the worst thing you can do to them is be mean back,it only makes it worse.....

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Merry christmas everybody.... Peace and love to you all http://i59.tinypic.com/72tuzr.gif

People should be nice all year, not just at Christmas. Sorry that people are so mean to you.  :( Merry Christmas.

My family doesn't celebrate Christmas, so it's just a day off to spend with the family for us.

I still love all the Christmas lights and decorations, the Christmas sweets and the ugly Christmas sweater parties (tbh some of the sweaters look so nice, I wish I could wear them all winter).

The best part is the shopping and all the sales. I spend thousands of dollars on presents.. Except, since I don't really celebrate Christmas, all the presents are for me :D :D :D

And the onslaught of amazing video games that are released around this time! Always happy memories associated with this time of year ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/22/18 at 2:27 pm

Anyway I'm afraid Christmas has lost it's meaning to me. My family has never been religious so it never had the Christian aspect to me to begin with and the older I got the more I started to see it as a huge commercial thing to generate stupid amounts of money with not much spirituality to it. :-[

We're unorthodox, we don't celebrate Christmas, just Hanukah, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/18 at 3:04 pm

I was brought up in a Jewish/Christian household. (Dad was a Jew, Ma was an Episcopalian.) The Jewish religion didn't recognize my sibs & me because our mother wasn't Jewish. But, we basically did our own traditions-including having our Hanukkah presents under our Christmas tree.

Today, I am neither a practicing Jew nor a practicing Episcopalian (even though I was baptized/confirmed in the Episcopal Church). I am born again Pagan-practicing Wiccan. But, I do still light the candles on Hanukkah in recognition of my Jewish heritage-but not the religious aspect of it. Our Christmas celebration is also non-religious. It is mainly for the grandkids (8 of them).

Cat

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/27/18 at 10:16 am

Christmas is a reminder that everyone around me knows how to be happy and I don't.

Written By: annimal on 12/27/18 at 7:55 pm

My parents do celebrate Christmas, but myself, I see it as no more then another day that people made into a holiday. 

Written By: floppy on 01/15/19 at 12:03 am

gifts 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...