inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My thoughts for tonight...

Written By: violet_shy on 01/17/19 at 6:13 pm

I am not the type to allow my success to get to my head. I happen to be very down to earth and simple person. I think I have treated everyone on here fairly and I like everyone just the same. But why should any of you start trouble with me, without my doing anything?

I will never post anything about my music here again, even if it is just Smule material. I am working very hard to get to where I am with my own songs and being a musician is not easy. To get negative feedback even for Smule, which is just a karaoke site, is very unpleasant and it makes me wonder why some people do that. I feel I have been nice to everyone and to get that kind of feedback is unfair. I know my post was only Smule material but it's still my voice singing. If you don't like me then just back off and leave me alone. Why do you have to start trouble with me?

Lastly, I just want to say please be nice to each other. There is only one life we should be at our best! Be kind everyone please.

Subject: Re: My thoughts for tonight...

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/18/19 at 10:20 am

Don't know what Smule is, or the content of the negative feedback, but don't let a bit of criticism get you down.  Keep in mind that when you put yourself out there you can't please everyone.  Sometimes negative feedback can actually be helpfull

Written By: violet_shy on 01/18/19 at 10:49 am

Don't know what Smule is, or the content of the negative feedback, but don't let a bit of criticism get you down.  Keep in mind that when you put yourself out there you can't please everyone.  Sometimes negative feedback can actually be helpfull

I haven't received any bad feedback anywhere else. Thanks so much!

Written By: aja675 on 01/18/19 at 10:54 am

Relevant: https://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106702

Written By: Elor on 01/18/19 at 11:14 am

Are we talking about that one fudge from Sir Bilzy?
If so isn't it a bit harsh to condemn the entire forum for the actions of one member? ???

Written By: annimal on 01/18/19 at 11:25 am

It's Friday

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/18/19 at 11:38 am

It's Friday

I see what you did there.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/19 at 12:46 pm

If so isn't it a bit harsh to condemn the entire forum for the actions of one member? ???

I saw that fudge and I didn't even see how his post had anything to do with what the fudge was about. Is there another post that I don't know about?

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 01/18/19 at 1:05 pm

I saw that fudge and I didn't even see how his post had anything to do with what the fudge was about. Is there another post that I don't know about?

Cat

It looks like the incident occurred on another website.

Edit: Oh, never mind. Sir Billzy smited Jessica in the post your karaoke thread.

Written By: Howard on 01/18/19 at 1:08 pm

Billzy has been posting lot of stupid nonsense lately. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/19 at 1:31 pm

It looks like the incident occurred on another website.

Edit: Oh, never mind. Sir Billzy smited Jessica in the post your karaoke thread.

Ok, thanks for pointing that out to me. I missed it. Now I see what is going on.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 01/18/19 at 4:02 pm

I am so sorry! I would never do that.  :-[

Written By: Rosalita1906 on 01/18/19 at 4:06 pm

I am so sorry! I would never do that.  :-[

you have a very nice voice  :) @jessica_ann

Written By: violet_shy on 01/18/19 at 4:14 pm

you have a very nice voice  :) @jessica_ann

Sweet, thank you!  :)

Written By: Rosalita1906 on 01/18/19 at 4:16 pm

Sweet, thank you!  :)

keep it up..  :) very nice

Written By: annimal on 01/18/19 at 10:40 pm

what am I going to do for the next two days and my holiday?

Written By: aja675 on 01/19/19 at 5:43 am

Relevant: https://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106702
BTW, when I talked about it on r/singing, the people there told me that I could stay in tune, but that my singing was my monotonous and my phrasing wasn't the best, hence the violent reactions.

Written By: Elor on 01/19/19 at 8:25 am

Billzy has been posting lot of stupid nonsense lately. ::)
I usually have difficulties understanding him as well. ::)

Written By: 2001 on 01/19/19 at 8:35 am

He has the sassy joke style that's common in gay/pop music forums. It's difficult to understand if not part of those communities.

Written By: aja675 on 01/19/19 at 9:55 am

He has the sassy joke style that's common in gay/pop music forums. It's difficult to understand if not part of those communities.
Correct. I have told him flat-out asked him about which other forums he might be in because of that.  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/19/19 at 2:02 pm

He posts nonsense. ::)

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/19/19 at 2:33 pm

I am not the type to allow my success to get to my head. I happen to be very down to earth and simple person. I think I have treated everyone on here fairly and I like everyone just the same. But why should any of you start trouble with me, without my doing anything?

I will never post anything about my music here again, even if it is just Smule material. I am working very hard to get to where I am with my own songs and being a musician is not easy. To get negative feedback even for Smule, which is just a karaoke site, is very unpleasant and it makes me wonder why some people do that. I feel I have been nice to everyone and to get that kind of feedback is unfair. I know my post was only Smule material but it's still my voice singing. If you don't like me then just back off and leave me alone. Why do you have to start trouble with me?

Lastly, I just want to say please be nice to each other. There is only one life we should be at our best! Be kind everyone please.

Like others here have said, the downvote in question made no sense, it had nothing to do with the subject. Honestly, just ignore it. When it comes to any art form, everyone wants to improve and to hear constructive criticism can help with that. Taking advice from well meaning people, or not, is a choice. Shaming is easy to do when people hide behind social media accounts.

I don't sing, my creative hobby would be drawing and painting. Everyone starts out lousy when they're a beginner. I remember years ago I posted art on a site, got into an argument with another artist (a girl who thought too much of her own work) and had her tell me off about my own, when she had no room to talk either. Naturally, I was in quite a mood after that. So, out of spite, I decided to sit down and draw something with as much realism as I could manage by studying a portrait. It was far from perfect, but a noticeable improvement from my past drawings, and that was a turning point for me. I'm still not amazing, but now when I draw, portraits of people in particular, the subjects are instantly recognizable as whoever they are and I've gotten more adventuresome with different types of media as well.

As for the opinion of spiteful people? Screw them. You can't please everyone, and as long as most of the reviews you get are positive and encouraging, you must be doing something right.  ;)

Written By: violet_shy on 01/19/19 at 2:40 pm

Like others here have said, the downvote in question made no sense, it had nothing to do with the subject. Honestly, just ignore it. When it comes to any art form, everyone wants to improve and to hear constructive criticism can help with that. Taking advice from well meaning people, or not, is a choice. Shaming is easy to do when people hide behind social media accounts.

I don't sing, my creative hobby would be drawing and painting. Everyone starts out lousy when they're a beginner. I remember years ago I posted art on a site, got into an argument with another artist (a girl who thought too much of her own work) and had her tell me off about my own, when she had no room to talk either. Naturally, I was in quite a mood after that. So, out of spite, I decided to sit down and draw something with as much realism as I could manage by studying a portrait. It was far from perfect, but a noticeable improvement from my past drawings, and that was a turning point for me. I'm still not amazing, but now when I draw, portraits of people in particular, the subjects are instantly recognizable as whoever they are and I've gotten more adventuresome with different types of media as well.

As for the opinion of spiteful people? Screw them. You can't please everyone, and as long as most of the reviews you get are positive and encouraging, you must be doing something right.  ;)

I've seen your drawings and paintings, you are very talented!  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/20/19 at 10:10 am

Art, no matter what genera, is in the eyes of the beholder.  personally I don't  some styles of painting, not crazy about show tunes or C&W, but that's MY taste.  Different strokes for different follks

Written By: annimal on 01/20/19 at 12:19 pm

I call it make a picture not art

Written By: violet_shy on 01/22/19 at 11:41 pm

I call it make a picture not art

That's different!

Written By: annimal on 03/03/19 at 8:15 pm

I don't understand then

Written By: Howard on 03/04/19 at 5:39 am

probably do a bit more shoveling snow.

Written By: aja675 on 03/04/19 at 7:19 am

BTW, when I talked about it on r/singing, the people there told me that I could stay in tune, but that my singing was my monotonous and my phrasing wasn't the best, hence the violent reactions.
https://www.reddit.com/r/singing/comments/agsic5/does_it_take_more_than_being_in_tune_to_sound_good/

Written By: annimal on 03/04/19 at 10:25 am

lets see, tonight,  Maybe I can finish and submit a parody. 

Check for new replies or respond here...