inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's late...can't sleep

Written By: violet_shy on 05/17/19 at 10:25 pm

Been thinking. About my music.

Will I really be on the charts someday? I try making each of my songs as musically perfect as possible. But maybe I shouldn't do that. Maybe I should focus on making my voice more unique. I've been told I sound like I'm 10 years old...I can't help it if I sound like that. I have a small voice. And I haven't hit any high notes yet. Well...I did on "Pushing me away". A little. But It's not about the high notes. I want my next song to be......fun.

Ookay, off to bed I go! GOOD NIGHT INTHE00S!  :-*

Subject: Re: It's late...can't sleep

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/17/19 at 10:28 pm

It's 4:30am here, I woke up from sleep and I cannot get back to sleep, it's just me and my body more than anything else.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/17/19 at 11:23 pm

Just had a little shuteye, and woke up to Puccini's "Nessum Dorma" on the radio. The title means 'no man shall sleep...

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 4:39 am

Probably have an afternoon nap later.

Written By: 2001 on 05/18/19 at 4:52 am

I wake up at 5am everyday even on weekends (with the help of caffeine pills if I don't get enough sleep). At 8pm/9pm I start getting very sleepy and by 10pm/11pm I'm completely unable to function, so falling asleep comes easy to me. Just keep your wake up time consistent and your body takes care of the rest :P

As for the music, I thought the production in your music was really impressive. It wouldn't hurt to work on your voice or put some effects on it; to me it sounded very raw compared to the electronic instruments in the background. I hope you make it big one day!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 4:57 am

I do not involve caffeine with my sleep patterns, but the early sunrise is one reason for early waking.

Written By: 2001 on 05/18/19 at 5:11 am

I do not involve caffeine with my sleep patterns, but the early sunrise is one reason for early waking.

Caffeine has no negative side effects in moderation other than masking the negative effects of sleep deprivation, and even has positive effects such as improving mental clarity and boosting exercise performance, so I don't think people should go out of their way to avoid it. :P

And yes, the sunrise! I saw this one just yesterday.

https://i.imgur.com/7m2rx3E.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 5:13 am

Caffeine has no negative side effects in moderation other than masking the negative effects of sleep deprivation, and even has positive effects such as improving mental clarity and boosting exercise performance, so I don't think people should go out of their way to avoid it. :P

And yes, the sunrise! I saw this one just yesterday.

https://i.imgur.com/7m2rx3E.jpg
I will look into the yes and nos for caffeine.

Great picture.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 8:13 am

Probably have an afternoon nap later.
My Wi-Fi vanished from me, so it was a good time for a short nap.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/18/19 at 8:29 am

Just had a little shuteye, and woke up to Puccini's "Nessum Dorma" on the radio. The title means 'no man shall sleep...

Hm. Not a good song to listen to when you can't sleep lol ;D

As for the music, I thought the production in your music was really impressive. It wouldn't hurt to work on your voice or put some effects on it; to me it sounded very raw compared to the electronic instruments in the background. I hope you make it big one day!

Some good feedback means a lot to me. Thanks so much! I really work hard on my songs. I think it's paying off.  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 8:38 am

Hm. Not a good song to listen to when you can't sleep lol ;D
Exactly!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/19 at 11:03 am

When I lived alone, I used to set my clock radio in sleep mode and fall asleep to classical music on public radio. One night, I was at the point between conscientiousness and unconscientiousness when they started playing Bolero. My eyes flew open! When the song was finished, the dj came on and said, "I bet I kept a lot of people awake with that one." He sure kept me awake.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 11:13 am

When I started out my working life away from my parents home, I always had a fear of oversleeping, so for my bed-sit flat, the first thing I purchased for it was an alarm clock, and it woke me up on time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 12:05 pm

I have just noticed that the only coffee I have in the kitchen cupboard is decaffeinated, I am now willing to experiment.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/19 at 12:37 pm

I drink caffeinated tea until early afternoon and then I switch to decafe/herbal. Actually, I try to have the decafe early because even decafe has SOME caffeine in it.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 12:45 pm

I drink caffeinated tea until early afternoon and then I switch to decafe/herbal. Actually, I try to have the decafe early because even decafe has SOME caffeine in it.

Cat
I just looked at the two brands of tea I drink, and on the boxes there is not indication of it's potential to be decafe or not. I will have to do some research, or take the tea, back to the shop!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/19 at 1:06 pm

I just looked at the two brands of tea I drink, and on the boxes there is not indication of it's potential to be decafe or not. I will have to do some research, or take the tea, back to the shop!

If it is black tea, then there is caffeine in it. Green tea also has caffeine in it. Like I said, decafe even has caffeine in it-not much but a little. Herbal is the only tea without caffeine.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 1:13 pm

If it is black tea, then there is caffeine in it. Green tea also has caffeine in it. Like I said, decafe even has caffeine in it-not much but a little. Herbal is the only tea without caffeine.

Cat
It sounds safer to drink a honey and lemon drink, brewed in hot water.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/19 at 2:20 pm

I try not to have caffeine before bed but sometimes I can't help it.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/19 at 2:23 pm

I think I might be a coffee addict, I have 1 cup in the morning for breakfast, another one when I get to work and one more after I come home cause the exhaustion from the day makes me tired.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 2:24 pm

I think I might be a coffee addict, I have 1 cup in the morning for breakfast, another one when I get to work and one more after I come home cause the exhaustion from the day makes me tired.
Is too much coffee bad in general?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/18/19 at 3:32 pm

Caffeine makes me drowsy. One time recently I had diet cola before going to bed....I just really wanted it....and I slept throughout the night.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 4:45 pm

I am trying this as my evening only drink, and hopefully wake up with results?

Written By: 2001 on 05/19/19 at 11:37 am

3 cups of coffee is just on the cusp of being a moderate amount and being excessive. Caffeine has no negative side effects up to 500-600mg a day, and a cup of coffee usually has 200mg of caffeine (and tea 50mg-100mg), but it depends on the drink. Having a coffee after work might disrupt your sleep schedule if it's too close (6-8 hours) to bedtime though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/19/19 at 1:24 pm

Herbal tea is fine. No caffeine.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/19 at 1:27 pm

Herbal tea is fine. No caffeine.

Cat
I will eventually try herbal, but in previous year Green Tea played havoc with my stomach.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/19 at 2:48 pm

Is too much coffee bad in general?

It might make you a bit jittery but I don't think 1 or 2 cups will hurt you.

Written By: Howard on 05/19/19 at 2:49 pm

Caffeine makes me drowsy. One time recently I had diet cola before going to bed....I just really wanted it....and I slept throughout the night.

and did you have to go to the bathroom?

Written By: Howard on 05/19/19 at 2:50 pm

3 cups of coffee is just on the cusp of being a moderate amount and being excessive. Caffeine has no negative side effects up to 500-600mg a day, and a cup of coffee usually has 200mg of caffeine (and tea 50mg-100mg), but it depends on the drink. Having a coffee after work might disrupt your sleep schedule if it's too close (6-8 hours) to bedtime though.

What about have a small cup after a big dinner?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/19/19 at 3:28 pm

I will eventually try herbal, but in previous year Green Tea played havoc with my stomach.

As much as I love tea, I do not like green tea. I like red tea, white tea, & (of course) black tea but do not like green. I know green tea is supposed to be the healthiest but  8-P .

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/19 at 3:33 pm

As much as I love tea, I do not like green tea. I like red tea, white tea, & (of course) black tea but do not like green. I know green tea is supposed to be the healthiest but  8-P .

Cat
I was told that Green Tea help to clear out everything, but it just did more than for me. I now leave it well alone.

Written By: 2001 on 05/19/19 at 3:35 pm

What about have a small cup after a big dinner?

If you have no trouble sleeping then I wouldn't tell you to stop, but if you are having trouble getting enough sleep that would be the obvious place to start. It can take up to 8 hours for caffeine to leave your system :o

Written By: nally on 05/19/19 at 5:25 pm

Been thinking. About my music.

Will I really be on the charts someday? I try making each of my songs as musically perfect as possible. But maybe I shouldn't do that. Maybe I should focus on making my voice more unique. I've been told I sound like I'm 10 years old...I can't help it if I sound like that. I have a small voice. And I haven't hit any high notes yet. Well...I did on "Pushing me away". A little. But It's not about the high notes. I want my next song to be......fun.

Ookay, off to bed I go! GOOD NIGHT INTHE00S!  :-*

Wishing you all the best, musically. I know, when we have a particular issue on our minds late at night, it often prevents us from getting to sleep. (I've been there many a time. Especially when I know in the back of my mind that I need to get up very early the next day.)

Written By: nally on 05/19/19 at 5:28 pm

If it is black tea, then there is caffeine in it. Green tea also has caffeine in it. Like I said, decafe even has caffeine in it-not much but a little.

This I have been aware of. I used to think that decaf meant "no caffeine at all" but apparently that's not so. Only a small amount.

Herbal is the only tea without caffeine.

Cat

And I have consumed herbal tea before.

Written By: Howard on 05/20/19 at 5:28 am

If you have no trouble sleeping then I wouldn't tell you to stop, but if you are having trouble getting enough sleep that would be the obvious place to start. It can take up to 8 hours for caffeine to leave your system :o

I get about between 6-8 hours of sleep.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/20/19 at 8:34 am

"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/19 at 10:54 am

It varies night from night for me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/19 at 10:59 am

Cat
I have added herbal tea to my shopping list.

Written By: nally on 05/20/19 at 12:33 pm

For me it often varies, but I often strive for at least 7 hours. Sometimes that means setting a deadline to go to bed.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/20/19 at 12:45 pm

I have added herbal tea to my shopping list.

Be prepared because there are SOOOOO many different ones out there. Right now, I have about 10+/- different flavors. At the moment I am drinking Orange & Cinnamon Spice. But, ALL of my teas (caffeinated & decafe/herbal) are Twinings. I have two tea boxes-one for the caffeinated ones and one for the others. I asked if there would be an issue by putting the English Breakfast Tea & the Irish Breakfast Tea in the same compartment of the box.  ;) ;D ;D ;D 

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/20/19 at 12:53 pm

For me it often varies, but I often strive for at least 7 hours. Sometimes that means setting a deadline to go to bed.

Yes, but does that work? Just because one goes to bed does not mean one immediately falls asleep. I always found it best to simply go to bed when one is naturally tired and about to fall asleep anyway. Otherwise one is just lying awake in bed and that serves no purpose.

Written By: Howard on 05/21/19 at 7:36 am

When I know the next day is a day off I can go to bed a little while later.

Written By: Howard on 05/21/19 at 7:38 am

Yes, but does that work? Just because one goes to bed does not mean one immediately falls asleep. I always found it best to simply go to bed when one is naturally tired and about to fall asleep anyway. Otherwise one is just lying awake in bed and that serves no purpose.

I go to bed when I'm tired, even though I work part time, it still sometimes takes it's toll on me cause of all that walking around I do in the parking lot.

Written By: nally on 05/21/19 at 8:21 am

I go to bed when I'm tired, even though I work part time, it still sometimes takes it's toll on me cause of all that walking around I do in the parking lot.

Yes, that kind of work can be tiring.

And no, I do not fall asleep right away, but within a few minutes I gradually get there. Depends on how tired I really am.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/19 at 10:43 am

When I know the next day is a day off I can go to bed a little while later.
Technically, every next day is a day off day, and the temptation to stay up is always there, and whichever time I go to sleep, I still wake up early.

Written By: Howard on 05/21/19 at 2:33 pm

I get up after 3am if I have a morning shift, after 4am if I have an afternoon shift and after 5am if I have a day off.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/19 at 2:36 pm

I get up after 3am if I have a morning shift, after 4am if I have an afternoon shift and after 5am if I have a day off.
That sound way to early to get up!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/19 at 2:39 pm

Be prepared because there are SOOOOO many different ones out there. Right now, I have about 10+/- different flavors. At the moment I am drinking Orange & Cinnamon Spice. But, ALL of my teas (caffeinated & decafe/herbal) are Twinings. I have two tea boxes-one for the caffeinated ones and one for the others. I asked if there would be an issue by putting the English Breakfast Tea & the Irish Breakfast Tea in the same compartment of the box.  ;) ;D ;D ;D 

Cat
I had a brief look at the supermarket this morning, it look a bit confusion, but Orange & Cinnamon sounds good, I will look for it next time, and the keyword is Twinings.

Written By: Howard on 05/21/19 at 2:47 pm

That sound way to early to get up!

I try to go to sleep after 9pm to get at least 7 hours rest time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/21/19 at 6:20 pm

I had a brief look at the supermarket this morning, it look a bit confusion, but Orange & Cinnamon sounds good, I will look for it next time, and the keyword is Twinings.

I order all my tea from their website.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/19 at 5:05 am

I order all my tea from their website.

Cat
O0

I brought two Twinings tea packets today, Camomile & Honey, and Mango & Strawberry. Orange & Cinnamon was not available on the shelf. I will drink one before sleep tonight.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/19 at 12:30 pm

O0

I brought two Twinings tea packets today, Camomile & Honey, and Mango & Strawberry. Orange & Cinnamon was not available on the shelf. I will drink one before sleep tonight.

I like the Camomile & Honey. Right now, I'm drinking Holiday Berry.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/19 at 12:32 pm

Cat
O0

That will be my nightcap late tonight.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/19 at 2:34 pm

O0

That will be my nightcap late tonight.

Power of  suggestion. I'm not drinking the Chamomile, Honey, & Vanilla.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/19 at 2:35 pm

Cat
For me, Vanilla is for Ice Cream, not for a drink.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/19 at 3:26 pm

Cat
The Chamomile & Honey as printed on the packet, does contain vanilla in the ingredients. It may take some while to get used to the taste of it, may be add more honey?

Written By: nally on 05/22/19 at 5:56 pm

You must really be a morning person then! I have never actively been a morning person for the past 20 years or so. However, for a good part of the 2000s I would often get up at 5am or thereabouts to get ready to commute to the university (I rode the commuter train).

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/23/19 at 1:16 am

Cat
After my first trying of this tea, it seemed to work, I did sleep more soundly, but still woke up around 5:30am for natural reason.

Written By: Howard on 05/23/19 at 5:45 am

You must really be a morning person then! I have never actively been a morning person for the past 20 years or so. However, for a good part of the 2000s I would often get up at 5am or thereabouts to get ready to commute to the university (I rode the commuter train).

It was so hard being a morning person but I gave myself a kick in the behind to try to get up early and start the day, to do more things and to get them done and now I have a job so when I have a morning shift, I get up after 3 in the morning, take a quick shower, have a quick breakfast, check my e-mail, watch a little news and get out the house after 5:15 - 5:30am.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/24/19 at 1:28 am

Cat

I just had some peach tea that was pretty good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/25/19 at 8:01 am

After my first trying of this tea, it seemed to work, I did sleep more soundly, but still woke up around 5:30am for natural reason.
It was more last night and will be the same again tonight.

Written By: Howard on 05/25/19 at 2:23 pm

It was more last night and will be the same again tonight.

How much tea do you consume in a day?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/25/19 at 2:25 pm

How much tea do you consume in a day?
Before several cups, more recently, none, only the Chamomile & Honey at night, which is still okay for my throat, during the day it is Honey and Lemon.

Check for new replies or respond here...