inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you really like your teeth?

Written By: violet_shy on 08/25/19 at 9:31 pm

I do!

I have flossed, brushed, and used mouthwash over 3 times today! And yes, in that order. I have to floss before I brush never after the brushing. I even change my toothbrush every month and it has to be a different color than the previous toothbrush.

Subject: Re: Do you really like your teeth?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/19 at 12:17 am

You remind me of a poet by the British-Irish comedian Spike Milligan with hs poem "Teeth".

"English Teeth, English Teeth!
Shining in the sun
A part of British heritage
Aye, each and every one.
English Teeth, Happy Teeth!
Always having fun
Clamping down on bits of fish
And sausages half done.
English Teeth! HEROES' Teeth!
Hear them click! and clack!
Let's sing a song of praise to them -
Three Cheers for the Brown Grey and Black."

Written By: Howard on 08/26/19 at 5:49 am

As a baby, I sucked my thumb and this was from 1974 and thru 1984 till I was 10 years of age and I needed braces then a retainer later on, sucking my thumb caused my front teeth to stick out and look like a bunny's front teeth causing me to have "buck teeth" and you can definitely see it in a lot of my photos throughout the years.

But anyways, I do like my teeth and I do try to brush, floss and mouthwash as much as possible. Last year I had a good cleaning from my dentist and my periodontist which I see a in a 3 month interval.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/26/19 at 12:36 pm

You remind me of a poet by the British-Irish comedian Spike Milligan with hs poem "Teeth".

"English Teeth, English Teeth!
Shining in the sun
A part of British heritage
Aye, each and every one.
English Teeth, Happy Teeth!
Always having fun
Clamping down on bits of fish
And sausages half done.
English Teeth! HEROES' Teeth!
Hear them click! and clack!
Let's sing a song of praise to them -
Three Cheers for the Brown Grey and Black."

Lol. Never heard of this.  ;D

As a baby, I sucked my thumb and this was from 1974 and thru 1984 till I was 10 years of age and I needed braces then a retainer later on, sucking my thumb caused my front teeth to stick out and look like a bunny's front teeth causing me to have "buck teeth" and you can definitely see it in a lot of my photos throughout the years.

But anyways, I do like my teeth and I do try to brush, floss and mouthwash as much as possible. Last year I had a good cleaning from my dentist and my periodontist which I see a in a 3 month interval.

This reminds me, I have a dentist appointment in October for another cleaning. I just had one recently. I really enjoy those cleaning visits very much. Oh, and I have to change my toothbrush for the month of September. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/19 at 1:41 pm

I can't say that I LOVE my teeth but I am VERY glad that I have them. The things I DON'T like about them:

-SUPER sensitive. I can't drink iced drinks without a straw or I will hit the ceiling.
-They stain fairly easily. And as a "tea-oholic" this becomes a bit of a problem-and I have grooves in my front teeth that stains like to settle in. Of course getting my teeth cleaned twice a year removes the stains. But the cleaning is rough with the sensitivity. And yes, I do use a sensitive toothpaste.

As a kid, I had A LOT of cavities. But, I think that was because I didn't like to brush my teeth. I don't know how old I was (I think about 10 or so) when I really started to take care of them. I had braces for 2 & 1/2 years as a teen. I had 8 teeth pulled at that time-4 were baby and the other 4 were UNDER the babies. That was fun-NOT. I also had 3 of my wisdom teeth pulled-the 4th never came in.

The last few years or so, I noticed that my teeth are starting to chip. One tooth pretty much fell apart that the dentist "glued" back together. We are keeping an eye on it so who knows if I will need a crown or not. But, otherwise, each time I go to the dentist, I am told that my teeth are in good condition. One dentist told me that he would never get rich on my teeth. Of course this was the same dentist that replaced a bunch of my old fillings I had as a kid because they were "leaking." It has been years since I have had a cavity (knock on wood).

Cat

Written By: annimal on 08/26/19 at 2:43 pm

I payed for more dental work from not brushing them as a kid

Written By: violet_shy on 08/26/19 at 4:03 pm

I can't say that I LOVE my teeth but I am VERY glad that I have them. The things I DON'T like about them:

-SUPER sensitive. I can't drink iced drinks without a straw or I will hit the ceiling.
-They stain fairly easily. And as a "tea-oholic" this becomes a bit of a problem-and I have grooves in my front teeth that stains like to settle in. Of course getting my teeth cleaned twice a year removes the stains. But the cleaning is rough with the sensitivity. And yes, I do use a sensitive toothpaste.

Cat

Those sensitive teeth toothpastes always have a nasty taste to them but they are super good for brushing!

Written By: Howard on 08/27/19 at 7:37 am

Lol. Never heard of this.  ;D

This reminds me, I have a dentist appointment in October for another cleaning. I just had one recently. I really enjoy those cleaning visits very much. Oh, and I have to change my toothbrush for the month of September. :)

I see both a dentist and a periodontist, one does a cleaning and the other does a deep cleaning. The only sound I hate is when they drill or when they use that water pick to try to catch the saliva.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/19 at 7:39 am

Those sensitive teeth toothpastes always have a nasty taste to them but they are super good for brushing!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61e6csbzaBL._SY355_.jpg

This is what the dentist wants me to use.

Written By: 2001 on 10/06/19 at 8:20 am

No, my parents didn't have dental insurance growing up and I was reluctant to see a dentist as the one time I did my parents were bargaining with the dentist (which I didn't know was supposed to be normal). I didn't want to see my parents bargaining again, so I didn't go to the dentist until I had insurance at 23 and at that point I had more dental debt than student debt. I bargained too ;D

My teeth are alright now. I'm not embarrassed to smile anymore at least. Pretty sure a quarter of my teeth are fake though (with fillings)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/19 at 8:23 am

I hate visiting the dentist, last time I had treatment was in dental section in a hospital, it was perfect there.

...and what is left of my teeth, all is fine.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/19 at 2:22 pm

No, my parents didn't have dental insurance growing up and I was reluctant to see a dentist as the one time I did my parents were bargaining with the dentist (which I didn't know was supposed to be normal). I didn't want to see my parents bargaining again, so I didn't go to the dentist until I had insurance at 23 and at that point I had more dental debt than student debt. I bargained too ;D

My teeth are alright now. I'm not embarrassed to smile anymore at least. Pretty sure a quarter of my teeth are fake though (with fillings)

Did you get your wisdom teeth out?

Written By: Howard on 10/06/19 at 2:24 pm

I hate visiting the dentist, last time I had treatment was in dental section in a hospital, it was perfect there.

...and what is left of my teeth, all is fine.

I used to hate the dentist at first but now I've gotten friendlier with the nurse, Her and I strike up conversations. Last year, the dentist and periodontist were all perfect appointments and there were no teeth problems at all. :)

Written By: violet_shy on 10/06/19 at 11:20 pm

We've all heard that silly saying about an apple a day, when we were kids. Well apples actually do have dental benefits! I've eaten them everyday for the past 20-something years and they have made my teeth stronger.

Written By: Howard on 10/07/19 at 8:00 am

We've all heard that silly saying about an apple a day, when we were kids. Well apples actually do have dental benefits! I've eaten them everyday for the past 20-something years and they have made my teeth stronger.

Which kind of toothbrush do you use? soft, medium or hard?

Written By: violet_shy on 10/07/19 at 9:39 am

Which kind of toothbrush do you use? soft, medium or hard?

My toothbrush is always firm. I can't use soft or medium because they don't remove enough teeth gunk lol. The firm toothbrush leaves my teeth feeling clean....Now I sound like a toothbrush commercial!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/19 at 12:27 pm

I once had a dear friend who was an optometrist. He would eat apples all the time and said, "An apple a day kept the doctor." Of course it wouldn't keep the doctor away because he WAS the doctor. lol.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 10/07/19 at 1:43 pm

I once had a dear friend who was an optometrist. He would eat apples all the time and said, "An apple a day kept the doctor." Of course it wouldn't keep the doctor away because he WAS the doctor. lol.

Cat

;D does that mean it keeps the dentist away!?

Written By: Howard on 10/07/19 at 3:11 pm

My toothbrush is always firm. I can't use soft or medium because they don't remove enough teeth gunk lol. The firm toothbrush leaves my teeth feeling clean....Now I sound like a toothbrush commercial!  ;D

I always use between soft and medium cause that's what the dentist always says to use.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/15/20 at 7:29 am

Cinnamon flavored toothpaste...the best.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/15/20 at 9:24 am

I like the listerine brand toothpaste. When it’s stronger like that it makes me feel like it’s working more. I use a philips sonicaire because it works much better.

I have a gag reflex worse than any dentist around here has ever seen and they have to iv sedate me to work on me or even clean or do x rays. Dentists around here who are licensed to do that are hard to find. I found one last year. Hope he stays.

So of course dentures are out of the question so I do what I can to keep my teeth. Me, my sister, and my mom were all born with a double cross bite. They had braces. I had a retainer that straightened mine for the most part when I was a kid and to me that did good enough, I’m happy with the result.

Written By: Howard on 02/15/20 at 4:11 pm

I like my teeth, I brush just about every day and also trying floss and use mouthwash too.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/15/20 at 11:31 pm

I brush more than once daily, I can't stand stank breath or teeth that feel gunky. I don't like the way my teeth look though. I had canines removed when I was 11 and had braces until I was 14. The teeth where the canines were I am seriously wanting to get filed into canine shape to give the appearance of them, plus they don't match.

Written By: Howard on 02/16/20 at 7:30 am

I brush more than once daily, I can't stand stank breath or teeth that feel gunky. I don't like the way my teeth look though. I had canines removed when I was 11 and had braces until I was 14. The teeth where the canines were I am seriously wanting to get filed into canine shape to give the appearance of them, plus they don't match.

As for me I don't like stanky breath either, I brush in the morning, right after I eat meals and also at night before going to bed. During the early 1980's, I had to deal with braces and retainers, I had cavities and also dealt with wisdom teeth getting taken out in 2016.

Check for new replies or respond here...