inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vaping ban on most flavors of e-cigarettes

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/19 at 2:04 am

New York state health officials voted Tuesday to carry out Gov. Andrew Cuomo's executive action to ban sales of most flavored e-cigarettes. This ban would stand for 90 days as a piece of emergency legislation. It would need to be renewed to continue. The only two flavors customers will be able to buy are tobacco and menthol. New York state Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker said in the emergency meeting that officials would take a closer look at menthol to decide whether it should be banned as well.

As of September 14, there are 74 confirmed cases of people who have serious lung illness after vaping in New York state, Zucker said. Around the United States, seven deaths have been linked to vaping-related illnesses, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/17/health/new-york-ban-on-flavored-e-cigarettes/index.html

Steps in the right direction!

Subject: Re: New York state bans most flavors of e-cigarettes

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/18/19 at 2:29 pm

But how long have they been vaping for? Vapes were around for a few years and suddenly everyone's going to the hospital? Something doesn't seem right about this.

Written By: Elor on 09/21/19 at 7:53 am

This verdict was brought to you by the tobacco lobby.... ;)
So was the ban on e-cigarettes in India. ::)
Money still rules.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/22/19 at 2:52 am

But how long have they been vaping for? Vapes were around for a few years and suddenly everyone's going to the hospital? Something doesn't seem right about this.

Yes ... the cigerette companies are pi$$ed they aint making as much $$$$$$ so they are acting like 2yos!!

Subject: Re: US vaping illness deaths rise to 18 with 1,000 cases reported

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/19 at 2:39 pm

US vaping illness deaths rise to 18 with 1,000 cases reported

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49929276

At least 18 deaths and more than 1,000 cases of a mysterious lung illness have been linked with vaping by US health authorities. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said cases were up a quarter from last week. Doctors have been unable to establish what is causing the illness, whose symptoms include chest pain, fatigue and shortness of breath. Dr Anne Schuchat from the CDC said the outbreak was expected to continue. "I cannot stress enough the seriousness of these injuries. This is a critical issue. We need to take steps to prevent additional cases," Dr Schuchat said. Vaping-related injuries have been confirmed in 48 states, with deaths in 15 of those. The average age of those who died is nearly 50. The youngest victim was in their 20s and the oldest was in their 70s.

Written By: 2001 on 10/06/19 at 8:05 am

I'm okay with banning flavours. The point of e-cigarettes was to help people quit smoking but instead a lot of kids have taken on the hobby to appear cool to their friends and also for the flavours, which is not good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/19 at 8:13 am

I'm okay with banning flavours. The point of e-cigarettes was to help people quit smoking but instead a lot of kids have taken on the hobby to appear cool to their friends and also for the flavours, which is not good.
It seems that anything that is breathed in can now be harmful, with air pollution. I do not trust even fresh air now.

Subject: Vaping ban: British teenager says vaping nearly killed me

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/19 at 5:04 am

Vaping nearly killed me, says British teenager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50377256

A teenage boy nearly died after vaping caused a catastrophic reaction in his lungs, doctors in Nottingham say. Ewan Fisher was connected to an artificial lung to keep him alive after his own lungs failed and he could not breathe. Ewan told BBC News e-cigarettes had "basically ruined me" and urged other young people not to vape. His doctors say vaping is "not safe", although health bodies in the UK say it is 95% safer than tobacco.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/13/19 at 3:04 pm

It is sad he had problems with it....... It IS said to be safer than reg smoking......

A speedy recovery lets hope :)

Subject: Re: Vaping ban on most flavors of e-cigarettes

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/13/19 at 5:09 pm

It is sad he had problems with it....... It IS said to be safer than reg smoking......

A speedy recovery lets hope :)

I wonder about that. It usually takes years/decades for cigarettes to kill someone. These people who died from it are teenagers.

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 11/17/19 at 5:57 pm

Ya I think the cig companies might also be trying to spread BS as they arent making $$$$$$$ when people use these instead.......

Check for new replies or respond here...