inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Heart Surgery 2

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/16/19 at 12:39 pm

I regret to inform you that I will be undergoing a second high-risk heart this Wednesday. For those that are new, I have had open-heart in 2009 to unclog two of my valves. After another procedure later when I had two stents put in, my obstructions has only gotton worse. One of my two bypasses in 2009 have clogged to the point of being unrepairable. And the operation I am receiving has a 90% risk factor. I know most if not all of it has been my fault. I had cheated on my diet several times and primarily loved a sedentary lifestyle with only walking from the parking lot to work as my only exercise. If I do survive and retain my mental state, I will change . Sticking to my medication
(including diabetes insulin), eating less fats, breads and sugars, and light cardio workouts should help,  but it's no guarantee I'll be healthy in the future. But it sure beats a transplant or death. I also in the earlier stages of kidney disease, so it'll be twice as hard for me, and with my body that is nearly impossible. I hope you will pray for me and others with heart disease, including Dad and other relatives. Hopefully I can recover and continue my partaking on this webpage. Thanks in advanced.

Subject: Re: Heart Surgery 2

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/16/19 at 2:10 pm

Woah.  :o

All I can do is hope for the best for you. Here's to hoping you make it through!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/19 at 2:18 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

You are in our thoughts.

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/16/19 at 3:27 pm

Woah.  :o 6

All I can do is hope for the best for you. Here's to hoping you make it through!

Thanks.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/16/19 at 4:43 pm

Thanks.

I gave you a good karma. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/16/19 at 8:48 pm

I regret to inform you that I will be undergoing a second high-risk heart this Wednesday. For those that are new, I have had open-heart in 2009 to unclog two of my valves. After another procedure later when I had two stents put in, my obstructions has only gotton worse. One of my two bypasses in 2009 have clogged to the point of being unrepairable. And the operation I am receiving has a 90% risk factor. I know most if not all of it has been my fault. I had cheated on my diet several times and primarily loved a sedentary lifestyle with only walking from the parking lot to work as my only exercise. If I do survive and retain my mental state, I will change . Sticking to my medication
(including diabetes insulin), eating less fats, breads and sugars, and light cardio workouts should help,  but it's no guarantee I'll be healthy in the future. But it sure beats a transplant or death. I also in the earlier stages of kidney disease, so it'll be twice as hard for me, and with my body that is nearly impossible. I hope you will pray for me and others with heart disease, including Dad and other relatives. Hopefully I can recover and continue my partaking on this webpage. Thanks in advanced.

So sorry you are going through all this!  Keep us posted.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/16/19 at 9:07 pm

So sorry you are going through all this!  Keep us posted.

O.K.

Written By: Elor on 11/17/19 at 3:59 am

Let's hope for the best and that you make a speedy recovery. :-X

Written By: Howard on 11/17/19 at 7:33 am

So sorry you're going through this, My Father suffered a heart attack couple of months ago and they put in a stent and right now, he's recovered and trying to cut down on sugars and fat but I think we all are trying to lose some weight ourselves.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/17/19 at 5:59 pm

I hope everything goes ok buddy!!!!

Peace and love to you :)

Written By: 2001 on 11/17/19 at 7:17 pm

That was some scary reading. I hope and pray that operation goes well for you. :(

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/17/19 at 10:18 pm

That was some scary reading. I hope and pray that operation goes well for you. :(

Thanks.

Written By: Howard on 11/18/19 at 7:25 am

Thanks.

Indy, Did they put in a stent?  ???

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/18/19 at 9:10 am

Like Cat said, you are in our thoughts.  Good luck man

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/18/19 at 8:45 pm

Indy, Did they put in a stent?  ???

Two stents were inserted 5 years ago. The cardiologist wants to put more in there. I'll probably be in rehab after my home care.

Written By: Howard on 11/19/19 at 7:27 am

Two stents were inserted 5 years ago. The cardiologist wants to put more in there. I'll probably be in rehab after my home care.

They put stents in when My Father was in the hospital and now we're trying to eat healthier and to watch our weights so that means just about low sugar/salt everything and also no more regular soda, it will be seltzer/flavored seltzer and plenty of water.

Written By: Jessica on 11/19/19 at 8:09 pm

Long time, no talk. I wish you the best on this next surgery and I hope you have a successful recovery. My dad is facing full open heart surgery on Friday, and, like you, has a lot of medical issues that may slow down his healing. I'll be worrying enough for both of you, so that's covered. Best of luck tomorrow.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/19/19 at 9:11 pm

I do hope your feeling better buddy :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/22/19 at 3:50 pm

I'm back at the old house for at least a week. I feel great but I gone on a no-bread diet. I can't have a lot of sugars either. Of course, I can't go back to work, which is probably the worst part of it, for me anyway.

Written By: Henk on 11/23/19 at 2:14 am

I'm back at the old house for at least a week. I feel great but I gone on a no-bread diet. I can't have a lot of sugars either. Of course, I can't go back to work, which is probably the worst part of it, for me anyway.

I'm glad to hear the operation went well. Hoping and praying for a full and speedy recovery!

Written By: Howard on 11/23/19 at 7:55 am

What do you drink instead of sodas? Do you drink more water?

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/23/19 at 9:12 am

Glad you're back home and on the mend.  Here's to a speedy recovery

Written By: nally on 11/23/19 at 2:25 pm

I gave you a good karma. :)

And I just gave you one in hopes that everything goes successful with the operation. :)

Written By: Elor on 11/23/19 at 3:38 pm

Glad you're still among us. :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/24/19 at 12:11 am

What do you drink instead of sodas? Do you drink more water?

Yep.

Written By: Howard on 11/24/19 at 4:20 am

Yep.

That's what My Father's drinking.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/24/19 at 5:53 am

I hope your feeling better Indy Gent,I prayed for ya buddy :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/24/19 at 10:34 am

I'm glad to hear the operation went well. Hoping and praying for a full and speedy recovery!

My sentiments exactly!  Hoping and praying for a full and speedy recovery for you!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/19 at 6:19 am

Wishing you well, and please take good care in all you do.

Written By: karen on 11/26/19 at 3:37 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery IG

My dad goes in for a new defibrillator next week

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/27/19 at 9:14 am

Good luck to him.  hoping for a quick recovery

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/30/19 at 6:49 pm

Indy Gent,

How are you feeling?

Cat

Written By: nally on 11/30/19 at 7:01 pm

Prayers for him.

Written By: karen on 12/04/19 at 11:16 am

I took my dad to the hospital this morning, and then he called about an hour later to ask me to come and collect him as the consultant had decided not to do the operation after all.  They decided the risks outweighed the benefits and, since his condition improved with new medication, they should continue to tweak the level of medication he is taking

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/19 at 12:52 pm

I took my dad to the hospital this morning, and then he called about an hour later to ask me to come and collect him as the consultant had decided not to do the operation after all.  They decided the risks outweighed the benefits and, since his condition improved with new medication, they should continue to tweak the level of medication he is taking

Glad to hear it. I was going to ask you how he is doing.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/05/19 at 9:31 am

Good news.  The least invasive is always the way to go

Written By: nally on 12/05/19 at 4:28 pm

Oh good. Glad to hear that he's been improving, and that the operation was not necessary after all. O0

Check for new replies or respond here...