inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I might need your help if you are willing and able with moving out.

Written By: wixness on 12/13/19 at 1:35 pm

I want to try and move out as soon as I can, but at May 2020 at the very latest. I don't think my parents would let me, and if they did, I live in a place where this is financially almost impossible to do so.
I could try and get some money myself through getting a job, but I'm also dealing with university (to improve my employment prospects, mostly), which is making things complicated for me, and I've had almost no success (granted, a couple of jobs I just didn't really like and quit them soon). I'm also dealing with personal issues, some far more disturbing than others (thankfully, I am seeing a therapist online as I write about this). I don't feel like I should be pitied for these disturbing issues because they are genuinely bad, but I want them addressed in case I do happen to be unable to leave, in case I become more of a danger to others.

The implications of me staying with parents is that I'd have to keep secrets from them forever, since I don't trust them to be able to discuss personal issues with. Even if I could, I'd have years of resentment towards them that I don't really want to overcome. If there's any more serious issues with them, it's that they're involved with two multi-level marketing schemes, and I'm worried they're gonna force me to be involved with them once I finish studies. If I'm stuck with what my parents want from me, I could never expect to solve some of my personal issues, even if I could solve my more dangerous ones.
I've thought about using fundraising services like GoFundMe, but I can't risk putting out my real legal name out there (which I may have to do on the website as per their Terms) in case my parents catch me begging strangers for money and giving me crap for it. It would be great if you are able and willing to recommend me more anonymous fundraising services.

I don't really know what else to say from here. I've thought about making myself homeless, forcing myself into prison or the military just to solve these issues but I don't think I could cope with prison or homelessness, and I don't really want to be part of the military. I've considered involving the police with this but I don't think that what I'm going through is enough to warrant their action.

Subject: Re: I might need your help if you are willing and able with moving out.

Written By: annimal on 12/13/19 at 5:06 pm

you got your troubles  I got mine

Subject: Re: I might need your help if you are willing and able with moving out.

Written By: wixness on 12/13/19 at 5:56 pm

I hope I can get a job soon. I'll at least use this now to let people know what's going on with me.

Written By: annimal on 12/13/19 at 6:00 pm

good luck

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/19 at 11:59 pm

You are still 22 aren't you? You can still finish up uni and get a job. If that's still some ways away you can probably explain your situation to the financial office at your uni and get bursaries/grants to help with moving out to student housing. Until then you'll have to keep your head low and focus on your studies  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...