inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I celebrate inthe00s...

Written By: violet_shy on 07/14/20 at 9:41 pm

Just want to say that inthe00s is the best online forum I've ever joined. Everyone is so kind and friendly! I enjoy reading all of the topics and posts. I've laughed and cried. All sorts of emotions lol.

Karma to everyone if you reply, lol. :)

Subject: Re: I celebrate inthe00s...

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/15/20 at 1:34 pm

I can't believe I've been on here for 6 years! It's definitely been fun!  8)

Written By: Howard on 07/15/20 at 3:13 pm

I can't believe I've been here close to 20 years!  :o

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/15/20 at 4:08 pm

This is a good forum!  I've been on a long time, too  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/20 at 4:09 pm

I have been here for a very long time, and it is a part of my life.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/20 at 4:18 pm

I think you came on about a month before I did.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/20 at 4:36 pm

I started here after the crash that was 16 years ago.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/15/20 at 4:38 pm

I was here originally around 2002. Then here and there until maybe a year and a half ago. Then I started spending more time here. It is a nice place.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/15/20 at 4:49 pm

Wow! That's a long time being a member! You've seen people come and go.

Written By: nally on 07/15/20 at 4:53 pm

Yes, we have. Even a number of users whose accounts still exist but have been inactive for at least 10 years now. :o

I've been a member here since shortly before the 2004 crash. (It was in February of that year when I joined. Before then I only posted in guest mode.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/15/20 at 6:50 pm

I have seen a lot of people come and go. Some left on their own and some were banned. Some just disappeared without a trace. We even had a few who have passed away.  :\'( I have seen major blowups and mad exodus (only to have a bunch return a few days later). I was even there for the big get together in Philly. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=36402.0

Way back in 2004, I was first asked to be a mod. I thought about it but decided that I didn't want to be one. Too much headaches. I'm really glad I wasn't one maybe about 10 years ago or so because things got really ugly. People were complaining how the board was getting toxic but they didn't realize that THEY were the ones who was making it toxic. They complained that there weren't new people coming to the board but when there was a newbie, they would jump all over them thinking they were a former banned member. It scared a lot of people away. Even long timers left. I, too took a hiatus from the board because it was just too nasty.

Then a lot of those who were making things toxic-left and things were quiet for a while. Even Chucky became MIA. But, that didn't stop the spammers. I told Chucky that I would take care of the spammers since he wasn't here. He made me lead mod and disappeared. So, now I feel like this is MY board-even though I am just keeping it for Chucky. 

Right now, things are very pleasant here. Most people are getting along. We do get a troll once in a while but I try to shut them down as quickly as I can. And those &^$*#@$ spammers!  >:(  There are many people who I miss and wish they will come back. There are many people that I hope will never return.

I have been here for so long that this place is a part of me now-and I am a part of it. I have had many dreams about this place over the years and about some of its people. I have been addicted to it for many years-decades now. When I first joined, I enjoyed it so much that I introduced it to Carlos-who joined. Even one of my sisters joined and believe it or not, my father even joined.  :o :o  He only posted once or twice-like my sister did. In other words, they didn't stay.

Through the ups and the downs, I still love INTHE00S and probably always will.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 07/15/20 at 7:26 pm

I have seen a lot of people come and go. Some left on their own and some were banned. Some just disappeared without a trace. We even had a few who have passed away.  :\'( I have seen major blowups and mad exodus (only to have a bunch return a few days later). I was even there for the big get together in Philly. http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=36402.0

Way back in 2004, I was first asked to be a mod. I thought about it but decided that I didn't want to be one. Too much headaches. I'm really glad I wasn't one maybe about 10 years ago or so because things got really ugly. People were complaining how the board was getting toxic but they didn't realize that THEY were the ones who was making it toxic. They complained that there weren't new people coming to the board but when there was a newbie, they would jump all over them thinking they were a former banned member. It scared a lot of people away. Even long timers left. I, too took a hiatus from the board because it was just too nasty.

Then a lot of those who were making things toxic-left and things were quiet for a while. Even Chucky became MIA. But, that didn't stop the spammers. I told Chucky that I would take care of the spammers since he wasn't here. He made me lead mod and disappeared. So, now I feel like this is MY board-even though I am just keeping it for Chucky. 

Right now, things are very pleasant here. Most people are getting along. We do get a troll once in a while but I try to shut them down as quickly as I can. And those &^$*#@$ spammers!  >:(  There are many people who I miss and wish they will come back. There are many people that I hope will never return.

I have been here for so long that this place is a part of me now-and I am a part of it. I have had many dreams about this place over the years and about some of its people. I have been addicted to it for many years-decades now. When I first joined, I enjoyed it so much that I introduced it to Carlos-who joined. Even one of my sisters joined and believe it or not, my father even joined.  :o :o  He only posted once or twice-like my sister did. In other words, they didn't stay.

Through the ups and the downs, I still love INTHE00S and probably always will.

Cat

I really hope there is another get together in the future. I would love to meet everyone!  :)

Written By: Howard on 07/16/20 at 5:19 am

It's been a part of my life too.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/20 at 5:20 am

I think you came on about a month before I did.

Cat

I think so too Cat, I can remember the older forums.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/20 at 5:21 am

I think it was either 2000 or 2001 I'm not so sure. ???

Written By: Howard on 07/16/20 at 5:23 am

I really hope there is another get together in the future. I would love to meet everyone!  :)

I hope so too Jess, maybe it can be arranged one day in the near future.

Written By: nally on 07/16/20 at 10:32 am

So would I! :)

It's been a part of my life too.

Same with mine. I have met plenty of wonderful people since joining it 16+ years ago.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/16/20 at 11:34 am

That would be cool. Last time I met people from a forum was in the 2000s.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/20 at 2:09 pm

We could have a certain amount of people like for the guys and girls who reside in New York, meet in New York and so on and so forth.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/17/20 at 2:22 pm

We could have a certain amount of people like for the guys and girls who reside in New York, meet in New York and so on and so forth.

I don't think I have a problem going to New York. I live in Rhode Island it's not too far. Its not like I would be going to Colorado.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/20 at 2:25 pm

I don't think I have a problem going to New York. I live in Rhode Island it's not too far. Its not like I would be going to Colorado.

Are you willing to travel by train or by bus?

Written By: violet_shy on 07/17/20 at 3:52 pm

Are you willing to travel by train or by bus?

I would say by train...it's a lot faster.

Written By: nally on 07/17/20 at 5:26 pm

Yeah, train travel can be fun. I used to do it regularly during my days as an undergrad student...but only 43 miles or so one way. And when I had that temporary job ten years ago, I would go further than that, to downtown L.A.

If you were to come all the way out my direction, of course it would take a lot longer because you'd need to go across the U.S. (Same with me if I were to go out your direction!)

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/17/20 at 5:44 pm

Yeah, train travel can be fun. I used to do it regularly during my days as an undergrad student...but only 43 miles or so one way. And when I had that temporary job ten years ago, I would go further than that, to downtown L.A.

If you were to come all the way out my direction, of course it would take a lot longer because you'd need to go across the U.S. (Same with me if I were to go out your direction!)

I’ve never been on a train. And the thought of getting on a plane scares me to death. Besides I’d rather drive. But that’s a very long way. However there is a guy I’ve known off a message board for 20 years who still drives the same kind of cars as I do. It would be cool to meet him before something happens to one of us. Last I knew he was in or near Albany.

Maybe a plan for next year when hopefully there is some normalcy again. Besides I think I’m going to be having my big surgery in September.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/17/20 at 10:56 pm

And I think it's the same traveling distance, going from Rhode Island to California and from California to Rhode Island.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/18/20 at 10:09 am

And I think it's the same traveling distance, going from Rhode Island to California and from California to Rhode Island.

You think?  Guess it could be

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/18/20 at 10:15 am

What time does the midnight movie start?  ;)

Written By: nally on 07/18/20 at 11:18 am

I’ve never been on a train. And the thought of getting on a plane scares me to death. Besides I’d rather drive. But that’s a very long way. However there is a guy I’ve known off a message board for 20 years who still drives the same kind of cars as I do. It would be cool to meet him before something happens to one of us. Last I knew he was in or near Albany.

Well, my first time on an actual train was in the early 1990s. My parents & I rode the Amtrak from L.A. Union Station to San Juan Capistrano. (This was in June 1991; I was 10 3/4 years old.) And then a little more than a year later, the commuter train system known as Metrolink began operation; we first rode that in the summer of 1993. My dad rode said train semi-regularly from San Fernando to downtown L.A. when we were living in the San Fernando Valley (east end). And then after we moved to Ventura County in the early 2000s, he began using the train a lot more regularly, to save wear and tear on our own automobiles. Sometimes I would go from Oxnard to downtown L.A. with him to help him out in his office. However, most times I would ride the train from Oxnard to Northridge (and back) during my years as an undergrad student at CSU Northridge. And during my years as a regular commuter, I met other regular train commuters and even made friends with some of 'em.

Maybe a plan for next year when hopefully there is some normalcy again. Besides I think I’m going to be having my big surgery in September.

Well then, hope all goes well with your surgery.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/20 at 3:17 pm

I haven't taken trains in 17 years so I take buses.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/18/20 at 5:14 pm

Many people who live here in Rhode Island take the Peter Pan buses to New York.

Written By: nally on 07/18/20 at 10:04 pm

I took public transportation regularly from 2006-2008 when I was going to school at two different colleges. (Actually, I went to two colleges in '06 and '07, but I also used the bus lines in '08 sometimes. Especially when I wished to get on the train at the Chatsworth train station rather than the Northridge one. I liked the Chatsworth station because it had shelter and I liked going inside there to wait for the train to go home.)

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/18/20 at 10:41 pm

Many people who live here in Rhode Island take the Peter Pan buses to New York.

Is that because they are green? We have one here that people call the pickle bus. But it’s not reliable, it usually either shows up late or not at all. And it doesn’t run evenings or weekends. The only way you can count on anything here is if you have a car, preferably a 4x4 in the winter.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/19/20 at 8:19 am

Is that because they are green? We have one here that people call the pickle bus. But it’s not reliable, it usually either shows up late or not at all. And it doesn’t run evenings or weekends. The only way you can count on anything here is if you have a car, preferably a 4x4 in the winter.

No, Peter Pan is the corporate name of the bus company. It operates primarily on the East Coast.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/19/20 at 12:12 pm

They are green, actually.

Written By: nally on 07/19/20 at 12:53 pm

No, Peter Pan is the corporate name of the bus company. It operates primarily on the East Coast.

That, I was not aware of, since I've never been to the East Coast. And for curiosity sake, I have just decided to read about the company. Apparently it was named after the fictional character.

They are green, actually.

That's right: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Peter_Pan_Bus_Lines_2013_MCI_J4500.jpg

And the character wore green clothing, which makes it appropriate to color the buses green.

Check for new replies or respond here...