inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Traveling and visiting other places

Written By: violet_shy on 10/07/20 at 2:53 pm

If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I would go to the states out west. I've never been to that area of the states. California, Oregon... Also, I'd go to Ireland and the UK!

Subject: Re: Traveling and visiting other places

Written By: wagonman76 on 10/07/20 at 3:16 pm

I’ve been out west and it was really pretty. Wyoming, Idaho. Though I’d like to visit an area with a placid lake.

Other than that, I’d go north. Alaska. Some of the interior parts are pretty bitter, but the areas closer to shore are warmer than here in the winter. Probably my favorite documentary is Alone In The Wilderness.

I’m afraid to fly so I prefer to keep my feet and wheels on the ground. See more anyway.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/20 at 3:46 pm

Travelling is not on my mind at the moment, but I would wish to go back to the USA to visit the places I failed to visit during our visit this time seven years ago.

Right now I am struggling to get to the other side of town.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/07/20 at 3:59 pm

I would like to travel to someplace warm and a place of serenity.

Maybe chanting OM will get you there.

Written By: Howard on 10/07/20 at 4:14 pm

Maybe chanting OM will get you there.

Maybe I should click my red ruby slippers.  ;D

Written By: nally on 10/07/20 at 5:24 pm

Within the U.S.: the East Coast, specifically New York, Boston, D.C., and nearby places.

Outside the U.S.: European countries such as Italy, England, Norway, and Iceland (my parents have been to all of those and have said good things about 'em, and they strongly believe I would enjoy them); as well as eastern Canada.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/07/20 at 5:56 pm

Maybe I should click my red ruby slippers.  ;D

Heehee  ;D

Within the U.S.: the East Coast, specifically New York, Boston, D.C., and nearby places.

Outside the U.S.: European countries such as Italy, England, Norway, and Iceland (my parents have been to all of those and have said good things about 'em, and they strongly believe I would enjoy them); as well as eastern Canada.

I've only seen these places in photos and online. Daydreaming of traveling in person. Someday when this pandemic is gone.

Written By: 2001 on 10/07/20 at 9:03 pm

Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan... in that order. After that, it would be Japan. Another country that comes to mind is Japan. Also not many people know this about me, but I want to visit Japan. Pretty weird eh, but not as weird as me wanting to visit Japan, which is true btw, I would like to visit Japan. Why would I want to go to Japan when I can just go to Japan? I prefer Japan. The country that would top my bucket list is Japan. What else is on my bucket list? Oh, Japan, Japan and Japan. And Japan too if I get to it. Japan if I REALLY have the time, but mainly I want to go to Japan. On the way I wouldn't mind stopping in Japan. I think I could make it part of the same vacation actually. Japan, Japan and Japan. Ahhhhh

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 3:12 am

Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan... in that order. After that, it would be Japan. Another country that comes to mind is Japan. Also not many people know this about me, but I want to visit Japan. Pretty weird eh, but not as weird as me wanting to visit Japan, which is true btw, I would like to visit Japan. Why would I want to go to Japan when I can just go to Japan? I prefer Japan. The country that would top my bucket list is Japan. What else is on my bucket list? Oh, Japan, Japan and Japan. And Japan too if I get to it. Japan if I REALLY have the time, but mainly I want to go to Japan. On the way I wouldn't mind stopping in Japan. I think I could make it part of the same vacation actually. Japan, Japan and Japan. Ahhhhh
Japan is a wonderful country
When I was there it was parky
The food tasted so wonderful
But I could not drink the saki.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/20 at 3:21 am

Travelling is not on my mind at the moment, but I would wish to go back to the USA to visit the places I failed to visit during our visit this time seven years ago.

Right now I am struggling to get to the other side of town.
The list is long for visiting more places in the USA; Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower in Wyoming, Grand Central Station in New York, more of Central Park...

Written By: nally on 10/08/20 at 11:24 am

I've only seen these places in photos and online. Daydreaming of traveling in person. Someday when this pandemic is gone.

Ditto.

Written By: Elor on 10/08/20 at 12:15 pm

Japan is on my bucket list too. I would also love to go to Australia again.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/25/20 at 6:00 pm

Japan is on my bucket list too. I would also love to go to Australia again.

Never been to Australia. I would love to travel there other than Ireland and the UK. So many wonderful places to travel to. But this pandemic ugh! ::)

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/07/20 at 1:03 pm

I  have travelled a fair amount in my life, but done now.  Always thought I was on vacation living in California for the 55 yrs I'm here...when I did travel I would end up where there is lots of sun and beaches and was pushed to England and glad I experienced it but again cold and rainy and not the beaches....but a good trip overall.

Went to Hawaii a few times and talk about exotic places, and I thought I had it all in CA, but Hawaii is pretty magical.  Never had a desire for Japan or China or those parts of the world. 

Check for new replies or respond here...